Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrate #5

I have 2 other questions for John and Chuck: The hydrate #5 means pentahydrate but I just don't know from which source (element) I can get it, yeah It still foggy in my mind, And the 2nd is about the mn2o3 I have found some Bixbyite witch is Fe,Mn(2,o3) can I just go buy some and file it with the pyrite/magnesium or is there another mean to get it?? ... After that, I will sleep better for a couple of nights and it will be more easy for me to replicate. Thanks again!

Jean-Sebébastien
    Last edited by CrystalDipoleMatrix; 02-15-2012, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• The link

Originally posted by CrystalDipoleMatrix View Post
      I have 2 other questions for John and Chuck: The hydrate #5 means pentahydrate but I just don't know from which source (element) I can get it, yeah It still foggy in my mind, And the 2nd is about the mn2o3 I have found some Bixbyite witch is Fe,Mn(2,o3) can I just go buy some and file it with the pyrite/magnesium or is there another mean to get it?? ... After that, I will sleep better for a couple of nights and it will be more easy for me to replicate. Thanks again!

Jean-Sebébastien
      14103 Sodium metasilicate pentahydrate, tech. - Alfa Aesar - A Johnson Matthey Company

John B
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
        @John & Chuck,

that last video showing the dry paste cell with Mn2O3 is amazing. You said Magnesium but is not this Manganese? I think you just changed the words (I do the same all the time).

@all,

I am uploading a video for another test I am doing with Mg and Iron Pyrite with Sodium Silicate as the glue. What is surprising me is that the two metals together without water (except the water from Sodium Silicate - which is drying) gives a 1.2v and 1ma and grows as it dries.

Total resistance of the cell is over 4mega ohms and still she gives a good amount of power out. I am totally baffled by this.

This cell has no carbon, epson, rochelle, sand nothing, just Mg + Sodium Silicate + Iron Pyrite and Copper.

video: Crystal Cell 18 - YouTube

Fausto.

ps: video is still processing so it will be available in a few minutes.

Great video!

The reason why amps go up when you use it is because water is attracted to electricity, so water will travel to the electrodes. The more water you have around the electrodes the less resistance you have and the more amps you get. Not only is water attracted to electricity but its repelled by magnets!

water being attracted to electricity Static Electricity and Water - YouTube

water being repelled by magnets "Anti" Magnetic water and Levitating Graphite by Diamagnetism - YouTube

@all

Ohm's law plays a big role in these cells. I=V/R, V=IR, R=V/I

The less resistance you have in your cell the more current you get. Here is some examples.

If you have a cell that gives you 1.5V with a 4,000,000ohm resistance than I = 1.5/4,000,000. I = 0.000000375A

But if you had a cell that gave 1.5v at 4,000ohms than I = 1.5/4000. I = 0.000375A

so you can see resistance is inversely proportional to amps. Higher resistance the lower the amps are.

This is why adding water to the mix gives you higher amps, it lowers the resistance. I've been on the hunt for a liquid like water that lowers the resistance of the cell. So far I found very few and none work as good as water. I even tried bug spray and it worked ok. Sodium silicate (water glass) works ok too. Also bringing the electrodes as close as possible to each other also lowers the resistance beucase the energy has less to travel through.

What I find most interesting is if you have 0 resistance, you won't have voltage or current. So it makes you think that a superconductor can't be used as a electrode?
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
          , I hold no grudge with Ibpointlesss2 he is doing good work in what he is trying to do, best of luck. And again I will say all of this follows Physics exactly right down to the Electro Chemistry . The point here is to trick the electrodes into believing they were never used. If you can not have a disagreement with people you will never be friends ever.
          Very well said John, you're a very wise man.
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
            Very well said John, you're a very wise man.
            Ibpointless2,
            Yes that is correct and I consider you a friend and your work is good because you try very hard at this project. Just keep up your work as I know you will find what you want.
            John B
            John Bedini
            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Seams like a Catch 22:
              The less resistance there is in the cell mix, the higher the current reads, yes. But the higher the current gets, the more hydrogen gas is produced that can ruin the cells, and also, more hydrogen Ions are blocked at the positive pole from getting through it, and doing their job.
              Will the depolarizer work without causing more corrosion??? The Mn0 from old D cells dissolved my aluminum capacitor cans, although I did not wash it out first, as John now recommends. I did follow his advice in washing and baking and further washing and baking the carbon rods that I've removed from old AA batteries. That does work ok. I was able to get a single cell to light a red led by itself, with no oscillator needed. Materials were taken out of a totally dead 10 year old D size battery. They became my strongest cells, but they did go bad on me after some months. So have all my sealed carbon/quartz cells, although they all still work to some degree, but the resistance due to impedance is higher now.
              Sorry for the bad picture.

@ Jim: thanks for your encouragement, and good luck with your tests.

@ Lidmotor: Yes, even poor results are part of the learning it takes to get somewhere. Maybe the low power from the micro-watt output type cells can be used with some of the exciter circuits, that may not need the higher wattage to see some results. I can obtain 12 volts from my cells, but how many milli amps (or micro amps) would it take to run an exciter?
              Last edited by NickZ; 04-29-2012, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• The last D cell I attacked, attacked me back ! Got a scar from that experience but i'm going to return to it now knowing about the thorough washing. Sorry of I missed it but when used as a depolarizer material, does it sit in a coffee filter to drain and does it have to dry naturally or can it be placed in a low heat oven to dry out ?

@IB2 - kitchen sprays work, but we obviously decrease the pH by several notches as well and they contain water. White vinegar works great and destroys a cell even better
                My simplified logic says that if the resistance was zero, we'd have what amounted to a capacitor, with a very long self recharge time.

Comment

• John,
                  Does your mix have any bubbling to it after you hydrate into the paste prior to painting on your material? (perhaps from mg doping conversion.)

Have you taken a look at the dried layer under a microscope?
                  smooth or loculated?

have you noticed a differential from bench drying of your layer vs heat acclerated drying as related to output?

Thank you guys again. I hope to have some new information for the group soon.

Very best Regards,
                  Jim

Comment

• Depolarizer manganese Mn2O3

@All, I personaly would prefer to buy some because of the purity of the material. It's better to take your time and having the proper ingredients and material before proceding imho. On ebay Bixbyte (Bixbyite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is very cheap. It's (Fe,Mn)2O3. Just files it into the mix and your done with the depolarizer!

Comment

• Painting on the crystal and baking it

Jim,
                      No I have not seen any bubbling when mixing the Salts. Air drying with the hydrate takes much to long since the hydrate is absorbing water it will stay tacky. Painting on the crystal and baking it forms the stress cracks. The only thing is that you must not over bake it. Yes I have looked at it under the microscope and you can see the crystal structure.
                      I did it this way to get the most surface area. Adding the Manganese (III) Oxide keeps the Hydrogen from building up and the cell is real stable with voltage and current. no eroding of the magnesium electrode at all.
                      However the problem is it is very hard to work with as a power.
                      John
                      John Bedini
                      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Self-watering cell

@Plengo
                        I noticed in your last video that you had tried a "self-watering" idea on one of your cells so I made one also to try out. I am using the keroscene lantern wick method with cotten string and a small container of distilled water. The cell that I show in this video is very similar to the copper cap cells that you have tried. These little things are STRONG for their size but I had trouble with it drying out too fast so I am trying this "self -watering" idea.

Self- watering Hydrate Crystal Cell - YouTube

@ NickZ
                        All of my "Exciters" need at least 1volt and about 15mA to run. To run strong they really need 1.5 volts and 30mA. I need to work on making one that will run on less current. Slayer or Slider might have more luck there.

@ John & ChucK
                        I still have not made the "waffer electrolyte" like you showed but it is on my to do list.

Lidmotor
                        Last edited by Lidmotor; 02-16-2012, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• Baking Process

Jim,
                          I thought I might say one other thing that was important. The pasting just forms on the surface of the cloth leaving an open area between the two pasted baked sections. So when looking at it you have a place for water to travel through in that area, the Ions can travel between electrodes then. That is why in the video I pointed that out.
                          John B
                          John Bedini
                          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                            Jim,
                            I thought I might say one other thing that was important. The pasting just forms on the surface of the cloth leaving an open area between the two pasted baked sections. So when looking at it you have a place for water to travel through in that area, the Ions can travel between electrodes then. That is why in the video I pointed that out.
                            John B
                            John,
                            Thank you, and that makes sense.
                            Jim

Comment

• This cell called the "Daniell Cell" was made to avoid the problems associated with hydrogen bubbles.
                              Sort of similar to Johns way of using the hydrogen gas to maintain (or increase?) the cells output levels.
                              I thought that we were getting complicated in our cell designs, but it looks like this has all been done before, many years ago.
                              Kind of looks like some of the cells that we have made, now don't it???

Daniell cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NickZ

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
                                This cell called the "Daniell Cell" was made to avoid the problems associated with hydrogen bubbles.
                                Sort of similar to Johns way of using the hydrogen gas to maintain (or increase?) the cells output levels.
                                I thought that we were getting complicated in our cell designs, but it looks like this has all been done before, many years ago.
                                Kind of looks like some of the cells that we have made, now don't it???

Daniell cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NickZ
                                Bravo,

"All Learning is remembering"
                                -Plato
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X