Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b_rads View Post

I hope this helps you in your experiment.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Not yet, but excite me with hope.

IB, A while back I have an ice tray with 3 cubes full of salt water. I put in one cube a penny and nickle shorted out, one cube with a penny of same type, and one cube with a nickle of same type. After a about 4 days, I examined them and cannot tell if one is corroded more than the other. lol

Comment

• Crystal Cells that never die

B Rads,
      John never says anything that he does not mean. You want to stop your galvanic action then the cell must look like two reverse semiconductors.
      We have taken the Star Cells and use the water to keep them moist, no galvanic action on either metal. You must learn how to build these semiconductors at both ends. I will go back and say this again. when you take the water from the Epsom Salts it changes the material, The same can be said for the Rachelle Salts, the Salt Substitute( don't think you can't melt this) and the Alum. They all become something completely different and is common to some rock on earth.
      While I'm on this subject I want to report on the Marcus Reid cells they are exactly the same the day they arrived full power and running much more difficult loads then ever before.

Chuck and I have watched the one cell reverse many times and we talk to Marcus all the time. Marcus Reids Crystal Cells are going to be very hard to beat with what we are doing here. I did say in a reply to Ibpointlass what must be done with the Ions and as long as you can do this the cells will never die, and that is quiet a claim to make here from me. John Hutchinson's cell have died weeks ago but I wanted to give it a chance. I'm not at liberty to say what Marcus does but he is correct in what he has done in his Crystal Cells.

Yes matching the cells impedance is very important. If the crystal cell is built right the dry material is around 20 Meg Ohms. After the materials are combined and melted the resistance then is 1.5 Meg Ohms ( new Crystal formed). How do I know this because I tested it all and made some videos to show what can be done with Polycrystalline material.
      With the Marcus Reid Cells I could ony find one natural according rock that will do it and that will be real tough to dope. Nick Z has the correct negative electrode but the wrong positive pole as nothing can be done with carbon, but his cell works and he is happy, time will tell. If the water can be bound up and the electrode act like two different semiconductors the Ions will bounce from one plate to the other never completing the Ion circuit to form a galvanic action and the cell will keep going for a very, very long time. That is all I can say right now. But it was pointed out about oxide materials, maybe the black part was not so bad.
      John B
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Marcus Reid crystal cell battery.

Picture of Marcus Reid's crystal battery with no signs of corrosion.

"This crystal cell was manufactured in the year 1999 and is larger in size, approx. 900g. The total amount of energy, produced between September 1999 and December 2006, is in the below shown cell approx. 60Wh. This is more than the energy density of a comparable re-chargeable Nickel Metal Hydride battery. This observation indicates that the flow of electric energy within the crystal cell does not necessarily cause the production of a gray layer".

It is an aluminium cylinder where Sodiummetasilikat (Na2SiO3) is melted in and brought to crystalisation. The mentioned compounds are converted, during a chemical reaction, into a crystaline form.

The second picture shows what the material looks like in a glass tube.

Also known as Waterglass!

Magic crystalsWater glass was used in the Magic rocks toys invented in 1940. When waterglass was combined with a selection of different metals in solution, the waterglass would cause the metals to precipitate. Each metal would precipitate separately causing a different color stalagmite.

Here's a link to a youtube video on how to make it by NerdRage:

Make Sodium Silicate - YouTube

Take special note of the addition of 8 grams of sodium hydroxide At 0:52 seconds in the video for the Met compound.
        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-21-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• John, Allen, and all:
          Thanks for the info. I am now using carbon rods, as before was using copper. Now I can light a red led with a single cell, because of the increased voltage, as well as current levels, from the use of carbon rods.
          Copper builds up the black oxide layer which although it may work for what you are talking about, it has been a total insulator and creator of high impedance and high resistance in my cells, as well as the cause of decline in output. Now I use carbon rods as they are not affected by any oxidation, at all, and produce higher output levels.
          My newest quartz crystal cells are still working, and are getting brighter, instead of dying, as NONE of my cells have gotten even close to dying, including a dozen or more cement cells, made 6 months ago.
          The drawback was the black oxide layer formed on the copper, which has been replaced by carbon rods. So, I'm wondering why you mention that you can't do anything with carbon? You've also mentioned that quartz is doing nothing, which I disagreed with from the start. Now you say that you can't do anything with carbon. Can you please explain... as well as letting us know the current output levels of the Reid cells, as I am very interested...

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
            It is an aluminium cylinder where Sodiummetasilikat (Na2SiO3) is melted in and brought to crystalisation. The mentioned compounds are converted, during a chemical reaction, into a crystaline form.

Also known as Waterglass!

Take special note of the addition of 8 grams of sodium hydroxide At 0:52 seconds in the video for the Met compound.
            In support of these statements:

http://nzic.org.nz/ChemProcesses/metals/8J.pdf

Quote from the above document
            “We must not neglect to mention the simple hydroxide ion as a corrosion inhibitor. In the presence of hydroxide, and hence high pH, metal oxides and hydroxides are insoluble, and these are effective in controlling corrosion. For example, the common building material ferroconcrete involves placing highly alkaline fresh concrete (pH above 12) in contact with steel reinforcing. The high hydroxide concentration ensures effective corrosion inhibition by passivation of the steel surface, and a strong bond is formed between the concrete and the steel.”

Brad S

Comment

• John B:
              I think I know what you are saying, concerning the two semiconductor ricochet. My thinking is that since we've found that carbon and magnesium produce the best highest output, why not use them, instead.
              I realize that carbon is not a metal, that can be easily afixed by molten recrystallized salts, but, there may be other dry no heat methods to reach the same goal, as we don't all have ceramic glazing oven, or torches available.

Comment

• NickZ, I'm very interested in your cell and your claims. I have ordered some parts and will be putting it together and see if I can replicate or even improve upon your cell.

Question on your layering.... You have about 1:3 ratio of carbon to quartz and the layers are parallel to the bottom of your canisters (kind of like a really big layered Dagwood sandwich)?

So that is a layer of carbon 1 unit thick covered by a layer of crushed quartz 3 units thick?

Will report more when I get some results.... positive or negative.

Comment

• Silver to Gold:
                  Yes, that is correct, just like the sandwich in the picture. This is something that anyone can do. But, it does take some time. The proportion of quartz to carbon in the electrolyte is not exact, as I vary it just to see what happens. I'm still in the testing stage, but do wish others would try it as well. Maybe my 50mA output per cell can be improved.
                  If I had access to Mg cylinders or tubes with 1/8 to 1/4" or thicker wall thickness I would prefer to make the cells with that instead. But the capacitors aluminum cans I had available from pc power supplies, so I used them. The carbon came from discarded used zinc carbon, or alkaline (D size, not AA size), alkaline batteries. Clear quarts points ground to powder and combined with the carbon, has given me the best output

The capacitor aluminum can also be made or filled in the form of a pile battery, which can produce higher voltages, as there would be two or more cells inside the single aluminum can.

Comment

• Crystal Cells

Nick Z,
                    Do Not get me wrong these cells work for you as your load is not extreme all the time. I have run these before and the cement cells; they sooner or later will die its normal physics for the reaction in the cell... The aluminum is another thing here you already have an oxide layer build up on it with the chemicals your using. The industry has had over 100 years building carbon zinc cells, we all know what they do. The quartz crushed has only the minerals that are in it as I know that you have not doped it with boron or phosphorus before the crystal was crushed as you did not indicate that. The Copper Electrode you should have not had any problems with if the copper was heated to a red hot color and then dipped in warm water to form corpus copper (RED), the black forming on the copper indicates something much different going on in the cell. You get two types of copper oxide when heating copper red and black the black can be used if doped in the oven. Remember the link posted on making semiconductors with steam and the oven to form oxide and then etched. Carbon poles you cannot do much unless you’re going to make diamonds, then you do not need to make batteries, just become rich selling them. Nick if that works for you I think that’s great, but this is just my opinion pointing these things out. This is not the kind of battery I would consider as a crystal cell after viewing Marcus Reid’s work and understanding the total process for building crystal cells ,this cell is a lot tougher then everybody thinks to build. The process involved are very time consuming and must be precise with the doping. Yes you can get the effect but will it last? Only time will tell on all these batteries/or crystal cells. So don’t take this out of context in what I have said. As I have explained to Lidmotor on the phone this is not something that can be done on a kitchen table, you need a proper lab with all the materials to do it.
                    Happy Sailing
                    John B
                    John Bedini
                    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Thanks b_rads, for the heads up on the oscillator coilings.

I'm definitely in agreement with John B about working with the cell loading and is my reasoning for wishing to fully replicate Lidmotor's 'Penny' - these cells can and will bounce back, but we never want to stress them out in the first place. Tuning to load is as important here, in my opinion, as when working on a Muller replication !
                      Or, lets put it this way, ya don't stick a 1.5V AA on the front of an SSG and try to charge a car battery
                      My 3 other partial replications prefer to run at much higher transistor switch rates..which leaves 2 possibilities of why nearly every cell dies off after a week. Either they simply run down or they are not being optimised by the load.
                      So, along with trialing different transistors, comes different coils (the ubiquitous 2N2222 was only recently properly studied over here and it's cutoff of 10nA was something I wasn't expecting for such a common one).
                      After finding 2 long lengths of modem cable last night, i've expanded on the pancake coil shown in one of b-rads videos. Next up is to dig up a 1Meg pot. 200K pot and an 800K resistor just doesn't work out right.

The little carbon rod/aluminium can cell is at 1.330V and 9uA. I can't do anything with it though so hence the oscillator refinements.
                      Here it is, sitting ready with nothing to do !

Comment

• Marcus Reid cell

@John B.
                        You would like it over here at Catalina right now. The weather has been very mild and we will be sailing back to the mainland tomorrow. This trip has given me a chance to step back and reflect on what we are doing on this thread. The whole point was to try to make a better cell that lasted longer and was not a reinvent of something already done many times before. The Marcus Reid crystal cells seem to be what everybody is looking for. It is too bad that we can't make one at home. I hope that if they ever show up in Walmart that they are not too expensive.
                        I started watching some of the MIT lecture videos on YouTube dealing with solid state chemistry. They are very interesting if you can get through the mumbo jumbo boring B.S. that goes on in a 1 hour college lecture. It brings back some bad memories of my college days. I wanted to know how this type chemisrty works ---at least from the academic standpoint. Not everything that has been learned through the ages is wrong. Most of it is right and it is worth the time to study it if one can understand it.

I'll check in when I get back from my sailing trip.

@All
                        There is another YouTube replication of my "Penny" oscillator.

Blocking oscillator Replica - YouTube

What John B. has said about matching the load to the cells capability is very accurate and these type oscillators work quite well. The simple "homebrew" crystal cells that we can make right now need a micro amp draw in order to last a long time.

Cheers,

Lidmotor
                        Last edited by Lidmotor; 09-21-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• New cell:

Al capacitor can like Nick (a pretty big one)

central carbon electrode.

Rochelle and epsom 50/50 (molten - heated on stove in capacitor can - very easy and not too messy!)

Galena and pyrite.

After charging, 1.5V @ 50mA !!!!! but the current wont hold out long.....goes down to somewhere under 10 mA pretty damn fast. Obviously lights leds beautifully on my J thief.

So thank you Nick for the cap can suggestion.

Lets see if this one lasts.

@ Brad - well done for getting a home made battery to finish a whole year run. You give us all something to aim for!

EDIT: Wow! After a 5 minute charge I had 2.5V and 0.15A!!!! I even managed to light an LED on my exciter....only for a second....The Aluminium Cap can is a bad boy!!!! Video coming....
                          Last edited by seth; 09-21-2011, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• John B:
                            Thanks again for your consideration, I understand what you are saying.
                            Although we are not all able to follow your latest method or advice, for the reasons that you've already mentioned, full lab, etz... as the Marcus Reid type cells requires more equipment, than most of us have.
                            BTW thanks to Allan for letting the cat out of the bag. That picture and explanation does help understand it all a bit better.
                            But, there are other cold, dry, solid forms of making electrolytes, which I am working on now, while experimenting and having fun with these ideas.
                            It is very satisfying to watch these little cells at night, lighting their leds, while not having to do anything to keep them going. I have no idea how long the will last, as I'm still trying different mixes, but so far these cells are not dying, at all.

Comment

• Seth:
                              The new cell sound interesting. Remember to seal the top with E-poxy, so you can see inside, also. I don't jump start charge them, because I can hear them screaming after just a few seconds charge, and that is what causes them to oxidize or break down faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
                                Seth:
                                The new cell sound interesting. Remember to seal the top with E-poxy, so you can see inside, also. I don't jump start charge them, because I can hear them screaming after just a few seconds charge, and that is what causes them to oxidize or break down faster.

My cell bubbles when I charge it - I have no idea which gas is being released, but I want to find out. Some kind of electrolysis which I thought would oxidise the electrodes also....whatever it does, it certainly improves the volts and amps drastically, so I have to play with it for a while.

I love using the cap can - it has real advantages. Cheap, easy to scavenge, easy to find several of same size and shape to chain up, easy to cook the salts in....Well done Nick. Great idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X