Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

capacitor choice for Bedini classic 3-pole (conference 3-pole)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minoly your the first person I've heard say they got better charging with cap dumping. Most of my testing was done with a solid state set up, so there was no rotor or timing issues.

I would like to hear if anyone else has tested cap dumping compared to straight spike charging. I even remember reading somewhere that JB had gone back to to spike charging because it worked better than the cap duming.

Mark

Comment

Mark,
      Can you point to where JB mentions this?
      try reading everything JB has to say in this thread:
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ing-motor.html
      try watching some of his EFV vids.

Comment

I cant locate where I saw this. I thought it was in one of the energy series videos where he showed his 10 coiler and all the light bulbs, but after watching it again I didn't see it. It was probably a year ago that I saw it or read it somewhere. Maybe I'm incorrect. Storing the radiant charge in a cap supposedly converts it to conventional energy, or am I mistaken here also?

I have been reading the BFW thread and have not read anything that says that a camp dump is more efficient. If there is a post that is related could you tell what post number it is so I can read it.

Thanks, Mark

Comment

It's pretty easy to miss read some of his stuff, especially when we have our own ideas in our head. I know if you have a "cycled" battery, some will accept the charge better than others. and yes, he mentions several times that the cap will "convert"(can't remember if that's the word he uses) the radiant to "conventional". all these words are easy to misconstrue. And I'm sure someone has been able to get a battery to perform better than a cap, as a whole that has not been our experience here.

He does not use your exact words, however, he lists it in red in the 3rd post and makes a few references to it in a few other spots throughout the thread, don't have time to flush them all out:
          "The machine requires one DC motor, 555 timer circuit for pulses to chop the DC motor, one mono pole energizer and one large mass weight wheel. the two signals are out of phase from each other. and a capacitor tuned to the energizer. That is the mystery. other then that some simple wiring, you wont do it on a small scale. As I said it is right in front of your eyes. It's the way you think about it."

Comment

Cap dump timing

just posted a vid that hopefully shows what we've been trying to say about timing is everything. this is just a small quick example.
            YouTube - min2oly's Channel

Comment

No need for cap?

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              I cant locate where I saw this. I thought it was in one of the energy series videos where he showed his 10 coiler and all the light bulbs, but after watching it again I didn't see it. It was probably a year ago that I saw it or read it somewhere. Maybe I'm incorrect. Storing the radiant charge in a cap supposedly converts it to conventional energy, or am I mistaken here also?

I have been reading the BFW thread and have not read anything that says that a camp dump is more efficient. If there is a post that is related could you tell what post number it is so I can read it.

Thanks, Mark
              Hey Mark,
              I found a spot on EFV DVD 2 where JB says you don't need the cap if you let the battery translate it. @ about 40 minutes into it.

Still can't find anyplace that he says it specifically charges better w/ or w/o the cap. this is a good review exercise for us.

Comment

Hey Minoly

Thanks for the update. I like your new video, good and easy way to trigger cap.

Comment

Hi Everyone.... Sorry I haven't replied at all. Haven't been able to configure my profile and so I never received any e-mails and never checked back here as a result.

@ Mark.

I spent a little time with this "Back Popping" circuit for my 3-pole. I Used a laser-phototransistor as my trigger and some circuitry to make my trigger very specific. I timed my "gate" to fire just before the transistors conduct since someone on the bm3 forum suggested that's the sweet spot for Back Popping.

I didn't get my "gate" to be exactly beside the transistor conduction zone but I got it close.

So then I had this big Cap 2700uF 50V and circuit designed to discharge into an isolated 12V SLAB every time the voltage approached 24V. I think I was getting like 0.7A spikes. about 10Hz.

The Battery took forever to charge and I wasn't too impressed since the circuit was eating up about 12mA DC.

Then I tried just taking the genny and feeding it through a full bridge rectifier and into an isolated battery.... Turns out it was charging faster than with a Cap and It didn't take any current to do that.

I'm gonna get back into this once I'm done making some other circuits which involve discharging Caps into batteries.... I"m learning a lot about the process. like using mosfets as the discharge switch. Also, I think I'm gonna use high power schottky diodes to rectify the genny output super efficiently.

Anyway, on the bm3 group they mention that the idea is to Back Pop just before the tranny's conduct and hopefully by doing that you can get a little bit of a resonant jitter (bounce) in the electrolyte and momentarily raise the voltage of the battery before it floods the drive/slave coils with power. ...

I think conservation of energy is mostly preserved, however it's the resonances of inner molecules that we are trying to alter and harvest power from and that's when it is more efficiently charged than convential methods.

most of that is my opinion btw.

so yeah, that's what I've been doing. I'm probably gonna invest in two more genny coils and figure out some simpler yet very accurate triggering circuit and play some more with those Caps.

Peace.

Meehow

Comment

Well Its looks like you have come to the same conclusion as I have. Most of my testing was done using a solid state setup so with a rotor there could be some differences. I'm currently involved with the Lockridge Device so if you find a better charging method please let us know.

Mark

Comment

Well, I've been working on a solid state charger with Caps and I had a BJT on the discharge side and I was getting only about 1.4 Amp pulses.... then when I put the right type of mosfet in it's place I was able to get 45Amp pulses with the exact same setup.

IRF1018

so, I have faith that it can be done right... .it's just a matter of tunning each componant to the circuit.

Meehow

Comment

good one. I'll have to study that video some more.

Meehow

Originally posted by FRC View Post
                        Meehow, you maybe interested in this video. I think it relates to your question.

YouTube - bedini 3pole mono with scr cap dec28 2010.wmv

FRC

Comment

latest back popping setup.

now I have 3 generator coils on my Conf. kit 3-pole. they are tied in parallel to a schottky diode bridge rectifier. I store the energy into a 200V 47µF cap and with a laser trigger I pulse a mosfet (IRFZ34N) with a 200µs window to discharge the cap.

I am getting about 5Amp pulses per rotation. The Cap climbs up about 5volts and then discharges.

This setup seem to be charging a stand alone battery alright, but still slower than the Kit charging the Secondary.

I tried setting it up to be a self runner, but still no luck. I'm gonna take the time and replace any wires I can think of to 18AWG, however, I intuition is that the wires are not the problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X