Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bedini Motor

Matthew,
    What is going on with your batteries, with a pulse like that the batteries should be over 43 volts and the meter should be bent by now.

And what end are you switching? I think it looks like the positive pole. and what is the reason for using the joule thief. I know this is unrelated to the motor. Is it just about switching?
    John B

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
    @Vissie

YouTube - CapDumpTest2.MPG

Go back to your original schematic.
    I'll get it going better tomorrow and update the paper.

Cheers
    Matt
    John Bedini
    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
      the solid state relay switches one time and will work but mine switches three time in one second. It's to bad some could not attend or they could have seen that. The switch was low rated as I did not want to explode the batteries so I limited to 14 joules per switch X 3 you can figure how many joules that is in 24 hrs to the secondary batteries.
      John B
      John
      I need to confirm with you if your pulsar dumps 72V (41J) or 42V (14J) at three times per second.
      Thanks
      Vissie

Comment

• Mr John

I am switching the negative end and comparing voltages on the negative end to make the switch happen.
        The Joule thief / Radiant Oscillator is just used to drive the voltage up in the cap so that I could test Nvisser's idea for switching with an SSR. Quick and easy test if you will. I had the parts so I took the task.

The five amp meter is actually not a good meter to use I need a 20. The pulses are way higher than 5.
        With further tuning on the oscillator side I got some voltages climbing in the ranges of 41-42v on my charge batteries.
        The switching side seems to be heavily Dependant on the radiant being generated on the Oscillator side. Depending on how thats running I can vary the amount of amperage going across on the switch side.

Is this the best way to go about it or do you have some further suggestions? I'm kinda flying blind and just seeing what I can get out of it.

I'll build one today with a couple a mosfets and an opto as shown in Nvissers plan. See If I can get that cranking out.

Cheers
        Matt

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
        Matthew,
        What is going on with your batteries, with a pulse like that the batteries should be over 43 volts and the meter should be bent by now.

And what end are you switching? I think it looks like the positive pole. and what is the reason for using the joule thief. I know this is unrelated to the motor. Is it just about switching?
        John B
        Last edited by Matthew Jones; 11-27-2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Coil wound

I have my coil wound - 2 windings of 0.75mm (AWG#20) & 2 windings of 0.5mm (AWG#24). I still need to cut up the R60 rods for the core.

@John B,

Just want to check before I super glue the rods in. The end of the coil that was wound on last faces the rotor magnets, right? If this is correct and since I'm in the Southern hemisphere, the core needs to extend out of the same end, which faces the magnets.

Since the height of the coil is 3.5" (90mm) I was going to cut the rods 5" (125mm) long. 1" (25mm) of the core will extend out of the coil facing the rotor magnets and I'll leave approx 3/8" (10mm) protruding out the other end of the coil so I can bond the steel sheet to the core.

Pic of coil attached...

John K.
          Last edited by John_K; 03-17-2011, 09:06 AM.
          http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Big Bedini Motor

nvisser,
            It's at 42.5 volts switched 3 times a second. Remember how big the machine is and the coils as it does make a difference. The reason I looked at the circuits posted was to see which pole shows in the drawings. Is your battery symbol correct or not ?. I have said for a long time that you must look at the total potential across the batteries in the output. My machine does not use any power to switch as the power is derived from the single black wire. And yes it is over 3 mega joules in 24 hrs. If I use my big batteries much more. At that point I would upgrade all the wires on the output. A transistor has to much of a voltage drop at that point. Is what you posted correct or not? I must go plow snow be back later. John K read my last posts on where your pole piece extends.
            John B

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
            John
            I need to confirm with you if your pulsar dumps 72V (41J) or 42V (14J) at three times per second.
            Thanks
            Vissie
            John Bedini
            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Big Bedini Machine

One last thing, if you guys would clean up your wiring and get rid of the clip leads you might see something different. Clip leads will lose way to much and spread the fields in every direction, ok for a test but not in the final machine.
              John B
              John Bedini
              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

nvisser,
                It's at 42.5 volts switched 3 times a second.
                Is what you posted correct or not? .
                John B
                Hi John.
                I think the circuit is correct like you described it. I just tuned the circuit upside down so that it shows normal with positive on top.
                Matt tested this circuit and it looks like it works fine.
                We are also working on a zener mosfet circuit like you asked, but it looks like we will need an extra small bipolar transitor to switch at least 10v to the mosfet gate to make sure it switch on fully.
                I repost the circuit here for 42.5v dumping.
                Last edited by nvisser; 01-24-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

nvisser,
                  It's at 42.5 volts switched 3 times a second........ My machine does not use any power to switch as the power is derived from the single black wire.......
                  John B
                  John

This is how I was doing it last night, is this what your talking about when you say "Does not use any power to switch"?
                  Essentially everything I am using ends up in the charge battery. The switching is potential based not current based.

Or is there more we need to take in to account?

Thanks
                  Matt

Cap Dump SSR

Comment

• Big Bedini Motor

Matt,
                    Ok I'm going to try that circuit arrangement as soon as the snow stops. I think I have a ss relay very close to that. If it's working then use it. now is the current meter on the input to the joule thief or on the output side. No I was not talking about that kind of arrangement, but I want to do some experiments here with this if I get a break from all this snow. OK Vissie I see what your saying.
                    John B
                    John Bedini
                    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John
                      The Amp meter was between the relay and the charge batteries.

Matt

Comment

• Build Notes

Looking for some feedback and a couple quick questions...

Aaron's challenge doesn't define the coil. I've used my SSG coil, 850 turns of bifilar. As we proceed with this build, is this sufficient ? or should I start right away with a quadfiler ?

This is a 3" spool piece with 2" extended ..
                        See picture for small neo ...
                        This is the physical build... the electronics are ordered. I didn't have the NPN,PNP combo.

PS... John K... I'm following you ..

Thanks,

Timm
                        Attached Files

Comment

• minimum 3MJ over 24 ours ... 34.7 w is the net power including all friction and resistance loss?
                          I am correct?

Comment

• Hi Timm,

Looking good so far.

If it were me, I would get the circuit running on the bifilar first to get familiar with it. Then once you have the circuit working, you can change the coil out.

I have a question for John about the neo magnet on the back of the ceramic, but I'll wait until I get to that stage later. I have a funny feeling it's not what most people think it is, but I'll leave it at that for now.

John K.

Originally posted by xpskid View Post
                            Looking for some feedback and a couple quick questions...

Aaron's challenge doesn't define the coil. I've used my SSG coil, 850 turns of bifilar. As we proceed with this build, is this sufficient ? or should I start right away with a quadfiler ?

This is a 3" spool piece with 2" extended ..
                            See picture for small neo ...
                            This is the physical build... the electronics are ordered. I didn't have the NPN,PNP combo.

PS... John K... I'm following you ..

Thanks,

Timm

Comment

• Hi Wings,

Don't get too hung up on the maths. 34.7W is not what's charging the batteries.

It's what you can get out of the batteries that is important.

John K.

Originally posted by wings View Post
                              minimum 3MJ over 24 ours ... 34.7 w is the net power including all friction and resistance loss?
                              I am correct?

Comment

• I don’t have much to show. But I am working on it.
                                Unfortunately I have to use my 30 cm 10 coiler project wheel with 20 magnets on. The new magnets for the 16 pole will only arrive in the week and it is a lot off work to mount it in a super wood wheel the way I do it. This one is mounted horizontal on top of a huge pc fan of which the insides were removed.
                                The coil is from my original hard drive monopole. It has got 3 strands. 2 times 24# and the other one is even thinner. In parallel the resistance measures 2.6 Ohms. Inductance is only 42 mH. The wires are not twisted.
                                I will put together a bipolar switch and an inverted cap pulsar tomorrow to test this and to see what it delivers to the cap.
                                Here is the proof.
                                Last edited by nvisser; 01-24-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X