Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini Motor Problem

Hello,

I am using the standard bedini circuit ... I have been searching for a solution to my problem and have tried multiple different fixes.

When I energize the circuit the neon flashes dimly but not much else ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bedini circuit

Originally posted by berilium16 View Post
    Hello,

I am using the standard bedini circuit ... I have been searching for a solution to my problem and have tried multiple different fixes.

When I energize the circuit the neon flashes dimly but not much else ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Check contacts. BEMF Coil should be 6ohms atleast in my experience.
    Does rotor turn?

Comment

Thanks for the reply ...

My coil is only 1.5Ohms, small scale. The rotor is free to turn but it won't. I have it all hooked up but I get no pulse to fire the transistor. I have tried adjusting the coil gap every which way. I can't make the coil pulse even with a separate large magnet

Comment

Thanks for the reply ...

My coil is only 1.5Ohms, small scale. The rotor is free to turn but it won't. I have it all hooked up but I get no pulse to fire the transistor. I have tried adjusting the coil gap every which way. I can't make the coil pulse even with a separate large magnet
        Try to switch trigger wires.

V
        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

I have switched the wires, sometimes when I turn it on it just hums and gets hot

Comment

I have switched the wires, sometimes when I turn it on it just hums and gets hot
            A coil or transistor?

You said "basic circuit", which one you're referring to, SSG? Do you have a potentiometer to adjust base resistance or just resistor? There maybe too much current running into the base of the tranny. BTW what transistor did you use?

V
            Last edited by blackchisel97; 10-16-2010, 05:12 AM.
            'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

Hi all

May be too few turns for the coil.
              How many turns does it take?

Any photo?

Regards
              Regards
              http://Cacharreo.com.es/foro

Comment

thanks for the responses!

ok so I'm not sure how many turns on the coil as it is one I made a while ago ... the transistor is an MJE3055, I have a potentiometer one 5k and one 50k i tried both

it's an SSG circuit, hope it helps

thanks again

Comment

thanks for the responses!

ok so I'm not sure how many turns on the coil as it is one I made a while ago ... the transistor is an MJE3055, I have a potentiometer one 5k and one 50k i tried both

it's an SSG circuit, hope it helps

thanks again
                  Hi,

For starters, get rid of those pots and get a 1K pot. This will give you greater control. Also you should check your transistor as it may have been damaged from all this. If after all this you still can not get it to work, you should build a new coil with more turns (300 is a minimum in my experience).

Hope this helps.

Steve
                  You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

Use a fixed 100 ohm resistor with a 500-1000ohm (.5k-1k) pot. The humming sound you heard was most likely it going into solidstate with the higher resistance. Which probably means you have it hooked up right.

Make sure you have a charging battery or capacitor hooked up when you test it.
                    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

coil

You should have atleast 6ohm wire and about 17ohm to base.
                      Low ohm coil get hot.
                      check drive coil with a led if it's openning the transistor.

Comment

Guruji.

Resistance does NOT have to be more than 6 ohms. It can be much less per strand. And 17 ohms is not enough for most triggers as added base resistance.

Regards
                        "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Coil core?

What is the core of your coil?

I could not get my SSG to work until I used the "welding rod" core....

Just a thought..... also.... you can trouble shoot using a reed switch instead of a trigger coil... the base of the transistor circuit is a little different for a reed switch configuration......

Hopes and dreams....

Tj

Comment

Same problems. SSG motor

I am also trying to get my SSG running. I used basically the same setup except I am using a 470k resistor and a 5k potentiometer. I am using 1/2" x 1/4 Neodymium magnets, about 400 turns of 20 and 24 awg and I made the core out of cut pieces of coat hanger. The transistor is a 2N3055. I am leaning toward a problem with the coil design. Maybe the core is too large for the amount of wire? What should the resistance be on each coil wire? I have taken everything apart and tested all of the components and everything checks out ok except my neon bulb. I think I may have over heated this while soldering.

Comment

Hi cfimuncie,

You have several things that are not according to the way a SSG should be built. I am not sure where you got your info but you should be using ceramic magnets not neos and your resistance values are way too high. Here is a link for info on how to build it correctly.

Energy Science Forum

Respectfully, Carroll
                              Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X