bedini output and tesla coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bedini output and tesla coil

Is a Bedini energizer suitable for powering a Tesla coil? I know I have seen some high outputs from my quad-filar bedini but I dont know anyhthing about Tesla coils.

Originally posted by redrichie View Post
    Is a Bedini energizer suitable for powering a Tesla coil? I know I have seen some high outputs from my quad-filar bedini but I dont know anyhthing about Tesla coils.
    Your answer is in here : http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post95963

and here : Tesla coil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

bedini combo

hi richie

here is a video of jonny davro using a bedini together with a "tesla coil" kind.. he can get plasma with the secondary coil! cool stuff!

he shows the circuit in the vid!

hugs

EDIT: e forgot the link.. LOL

YouTube - Bedini SEC Plasma Propulsion

Last edited by juju; 06-07-2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Ok I finally read all of the JT exciter thread. Whew. I had only glanced over it before. Really great stuff. I guess What I was saying is different. I meant a real SSG type circuit with rotor. Like the 10 coiler. The actual output (charging) of the SSG. It is very high potential. But it is said that it is not good for running inductive loads. So though I read all of the info suggested, I still dont know. Is a Tesla coil an inductive device?

Comment

hello redrichie. I would have to say that the ssg is not good for powering a Tesla coil. Yes it does have a high potential but when connected to a load it will be pulled down to almost nothing. The ssg needs the battery there to convert the output to usable power. An inductive load is basically a coil. What is your goal with the Tesla coil? Do you just want to see the plasma arc? Or do you just want to see if you can pull it off? good luck

Comment

Just honest questions thats all. Knowledge is power they say. I hope to be able to experiment soon and contribute more to the forum. Family and 2 jobs dont leave daddy with a lot of science time. I live vicariously through the great experimenters of this place. Im not asking anyone to experiment for me. I just have some questions. I understand most here have a lot of questions and are able to try and answer them for themselves, so if I dont get an answer i figure its either a dumb one, or folks are busy figuring stuff out for themselves.

Comment

wrench76 explained it just right.
                The output of an SSG exhibits high voltage spikes peak to peak, but to
                drive a powerful Tesla Coil you are looking for real high RMS voltage.

Comment

Thank you very much. Until I am confused next time.

Comment

Originally posted by redrichie View Post
                    Thank you very much. Until I am confused next time.
                    Hi, Check out my device:

YouTube - AND ITS STILL CLIMBING

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X