No announcement yet.

Bedini Tesla Switch Solar Amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would have to find a way to detect the negative halfwave peak like Matt described with a comparator maybe and then have a MOSFET driver or transistor driver make the switching for the "A" part. The "B" could be triggered by the positive halfwave.
    In the video it took a long time for the cap to rise in voltage, so either a very small cap is needed or the cap discharge has to be SCR controlled or by a timer set to discharge when the cap is full.

Comment

Ya you could. Thats what Nvisser doing. You don't need that many switches though. You have seen Nvisser's schematic. Thats all you need.

I like the Long hand form though.

I would probably use relays myself, no loss.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
        Ya you could. Thats what Nvisser doing. You don't need that many switches though. You have seen Nvisser's schematic. Thats all you need.

I like the Long hand form though.

I would probably use relays myself, no loss.

Matt
        The comparatively high power needed to activate the relay won´t bother you?
        Also i don´t think a relay could be fast enough to trigger the "A" switch at the negative peak always, since if the circuit is at resonance then we are talking about a couple of hundred kilohertz frequency for the switching.

If you just mean the "B" side, that should work with a "relay" where you can neglect the power to activate it, if you mean with "long hand form" that you wait a while for the cap to charge.

Thanks a lot for sharing that, it gives room for experimentation
        I am in fact pretty amazed by this

How big was your cap? And what did you connect to the negative electrode of the cap? The supply negative (common ground)?
        I still have some toroid coils that i used for the big joule Thief, but none comes close to your winding number.
        It looks like you used a cylindrical coil former with one winding on top of the other (sort of like a Bedini coil) ?
        Guess i will just try it out.
        Last edited by Xenomorph; 06-08-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

The comparatively high power needed to activate the relay won´t bother you?
          No, this is a relay. Even if it's solid state.
          No Measurable loss.
          The A & B switch sets are switched only 2 -3 times a second. The coil side is driven by a transistor. A & B coil are separate from the A & B switch drawn in green. The switch's get driven by a pic or somthing.

One day I'll try to put one together to show but I have too much on my plate right now. I was simply trying to show how the concept can work.

I got this little setup tuned a little better now and I'll film the difference when the transistor goes negative. Lots more power.

Matt

Comment

Here I'll show the wave form your looking for.

YouTube - capcharge2.MPG

At least thats my thoughts.
            Matt

Comment

If you still stumped as to what I am saying I'll draw some picture and set a small thing up and film it.
              The currents can be very confusing as they take place in semiconductors.
              Hi

You, know this quote of John is what triggered me the most.
              I am starting to believe that the energy John is talking about comes from the transistors and diodes. If not, why would John say this? You know a simple diode is a combination of male and female semiconductors, and the contact forms something similar to a Bloch wall in a magnet.
              This contact makes a potential difference. Reverse current causes a depletion zone, and forward causes a forward bias and about 0.6 v voltage drop.

What if each on and off in a semiconductor, triggers the vacuum to pour in energy through the depletion zone?

Thinking out loud ...
              John is not talking consistently sometimes ... He didn't mention the utmost importance of semiconductors before. Maybe he is still trying to find a theory that can best describe what he is observing.
              Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
              http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

Originally posted by elias View Post
                Hi

You, know this quote of John is what triggered me the most.
                I am starting to believe that the energy John is talking about comes from the transistors and diodes. If not, why would John say this? You know a simple diode is a combination of male and female semiconductors, and the contact forms something similar to a Bloch wall in a magnet.
                This contact makes a potential difference. Reverse current causes a depletion zone, and forward causes a forward bias and about 0.6 v voltage drop.

What if each on and off in a semiconductor, triggers the vacuum to pour in energy through the depletion zone?

Thinking out loud ...
                John is not talking consistently sometimes ... He didn't mention the utmost importance of semiconductors before. Maybe he is still trying to find a theory that can best describe what he is observing.
                As mentioned before here, Bedini talks about it in detail in EFTV 12 Petrovoltaics.
                Some semiconductors can act as negative resistors.

But in Matt´s case obviously only the combination of a transistor and a high capacitance cap creates the negistor effect.

Comment

Thats the only way I have been able to make the transistor spike. Those spikes coming off the setup in the second film are from the transistor and not the coil.
                  There are probably other ways to make it happen but thats one of them things you'll probably have to stumble on before anyone comes out and tells ya how.
                  Just figure I would try to point it out.
                  It has alot of interesting characteristics. For one the transistor is cool to the touch. The amount of energy coming out of the system is almost doubled compared to when that spike is not present. The discharge leaves a strong "Penny" taste in your mouth. It doesn't diminish in potential through diode...at all. Theres a few more thing I suspect but never got time to look for.

You do with it what you want...

Cheers
                  Matt

Comment

Okay i replicated Matt´s set-up with completely different components though but it showed the same effect, the oscillation amplitude is steadily rising.
                    It charged a 200 V cap in no-time, it nearly blew the screwdriver out of my hand while shorting it.
                    I`ll try to dump the cap charge back to the supply battery with a timing circuit to see what that does.

Still pondering if that is indeed a negative resistance effect or not as long as the positive spikes rise, but Matt is probably right that when the negative spikes go into the negative then this can´t be simply attributed to the potential rising on the cap.

I think a better way to indicate negative resistance would be to scope the current curve over a 1 Ohm resistor.
                    Will try all that.
                    Last edited by Xenomorph; 06-08-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I'll tell ya what work real well. Charge several caps up in series and time it. Check the voltage. Put the caps in parallel. Measure the voltage. Discharge it through an amp meter with a load. And time it the complete discharge.

Calculate for joules. Figure a COP.

Thats the premise for the whole thing.

Matt

Comment

I'll tell one more thing to look for is a way to shuttle your capacitors discharge cycle so you don't have to wait for that spike to develop. Only bleed enough power from it every time you dump so that that negative spike reapeears instantly.
                        That would probably lead to a far greater amount of power over a give time than anything else.

Cheers
                        Matt

Comment

No, this is a relay. Even if it's solid state.
                          No Measurable loss.
                          The A & B switch sets are switched only 2 -3 times a second. The coil side is driven by a transistor. A & B coil are separate from the A & B switch drawn in green. The switch's get driven by a pic or somthing.

One day I'll try to put one together to show but I have too much on my plate right now. I was simply trying to show how the concept can work.

I got this little setup tuned a little better now and I'll film the difference when the transistor goes negative. Lots more power.

Matt
                          Matt,
                          i experimented a bit with dumping the cap charge back to the drive battery with a 555-based timer that would switch an automotive relay.
                          There is a pretty hefty amount of charge into the battery, but the comparatively expensive timer and relay supply drains the battery more than the charge can compensate for.
                          The dilemma with non-SS relays is that you need quite a high current to pull them, so a PIC based circuit with SS relays and transistors seems like the only way to go. Is there off-the shelve SS relays like the link you posted to your knowledge? Or would the SS relay have to be the circuit you posted?

Comment

Don't dump the cap back into the drive battery. Thats no good. A battery does not like to be charged and discharged at the same time. Charge separate battery

Relays....Ya you can buy them. Just go to DigiKey and search for "Solid State Relay"

Some real high power ones can get expensive but some aren't so bad. I buy mine. I got some 100 volt 100 amp versions for my big Tesla Switch. They work great. 3 volt at .01 amps can turn them on. So any pic chip can drive them.

I come up with all kinds of stuff to use them for. Most of them have no loss in the potential. At the same time alot of them are not inductively compliant. You don't use them to make spikes just shuttle power around.

Thats why I posted the schematic, from what I have seen they can be cheap to build.
                            Some of the pre built cost big time. The ones I have in my current Tesla switch were $125 a piece. X 16 switch's....

Alot of what you see in some circuits can be shortcut with the use of relays.

Cheers
                            Matt

Comment

zpe_bedini_solidstate

Charging battery's at high pulse rate Video

scratchrobot

Comment

Looks more and more interesting man !
                                Are you pulsing in the big caps then in the battery ?

Scratchrobot latest YouTube - TS_PVA_BigCap

Comment

Working...
                                X