Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bedini window motor CEMF switch how settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini window motor CEMF switch how settings?

Hello, everyone:

Been unable to understand how settings the Bedini window motor CEMF switch? In particular mechanical structures? what time this switch should be open?what time should be closed? Is best to have the structure to indicate picture

Thank you.
    -----------
    Xu Yuan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by yx630514; 03-28-2010, 02:08 AM.

That switch is used to feed back the pulse collapse to the battery. The timing of the switch closure should be right after the drive pulse ends.
    You could use a commutator type rotating switch, or even a microswitch on a cam if your motor speed isn't too high.
    Whatever you decide, it should be adjustable so you can optimize the timing while the motor is running.

Here is a commutator type switch I made for a monopole motor:

Here is a slightly different configuration:

In each case a shorting bar is used to make the connection between a couple of carbon brushes.
    Lots of different ways to do it.

Ted

Comment

Understood by 70%

Originally posted by Ted Ewert View Post
      That switch is used to feed back the pulse collapse to the battery. The timing of the switch closure should be right after the drive pulse ends.
      You could use a commutator type rotating switch, or even a microswitch on a cam if your motor speed isn't too high.
      Whatever you decide, it should be adjustable so you can optimize the timing while the motor is running.

Here is a commutator type switch I made for a monopole motor:

Here is a slightly different configuration:

In each case a shorting bar is used to make the connection between a couple of carbon brushes.
      Lots of different ways to do it.

Ted
      Thank you very much Ted Ewert

This should be the key to Bedini motor, but the details of the description is very small. See many of them are the use of Hall devices achieve their objectives?
      ---------
      Xu Yuan

Comment

commutator monopolecom2

HI Ted,
        Is possible have complete design of monopolecom2 commutator including carbon contacts (I think you use every these) ? Regards Alex

Comment

I have always liked the actual physical commutator.
          timing is everything.
          we have had some nice dumps just before or at top dead center of the power coil firing.
          YouTube - 3 pole monopole Cap Dump Timing
          this is the Bedini Cole switch, however is not a windowmotor.
          I highly recommend experimenting, it's not such a big deal to adjust timing once you have things setup for it.

Patrick

Comment

Working...
          X