Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window motor coil structure can do so changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window motor coil structure can do so changed?

I am now conducting the window motor experiment, but would like the structure of the coil in accordance with the attached pictures to do changes.
    on the left [Figure 1] is the usual window motor coil structure,
    on the right [Figure 2] is I wish to revise the coil structure,
    hope that reasons for the change is:

[1] do not want to pass through the coil center from the axis,

[2] can easily be placed more of the coil.

But: do not know if such a modified approach is correct?

Thank you appropriate advice.
    ======
    Xu Yuan
    Attached Files

Coil Structure

Hi Xu Yuan,

I have built my window motor using the same configuration as your fig. 2.
    It seems to work fine. I have not built one like your fig. 1 so I cannot compare the two to see which is better, but I do know the fig. 2 will work. Hope this helps.

Carroll
    Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

It won't be a window motor anymore. Your configuration is a fairly standard PM motor design, which has worked well for many years. The coils are usually on the rotor (easier to switch), but it's the same principal.
      Your particular configuration is mostly used in alternators. Good thinking though!

Ted

Comment

New configuration

Sorry Ted, but I have to disagree. Besides the magnets being on the rotor, the coils have no core. In addition if he uses the trigger windings to fire the circuit it will be switched by the magnet position and that is a key to the window motor efficiency. On another note I really like the motor builds you have been doing on your site. I think the last one could be even more efficient than the window motor. Looking forward to more of your work.

Carroll
        Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Originally posted by citfta View Post
          Sorry Ted, but I have to disagree. Besides the magnets being on the rotor, the coils have no core. In addition if he uses the trigger windings to fire the circuit it will be switched by the magnet position and that is a key to the window motor efficiency. On another note I really like the motor builds you have been doing on your site. I think the last one could be even more efficient than the window motor. Looking forward to more of your work.

Carroll
          Thanks, hopefully they keep improving anyway.
          A window motor is unique because of it's configuration: the rotor is within the coil winding, in a "window". By taking the rotor outside of the coil, it becomes a different type of motor IMHO. This is because the magnetic field of the coil is in a different relation to the rotor.
          In the window motor, like in the Newman motor, the rotor revolves within both polarities of the coil's field. Only one polarity is utilized in the other design. I'm not saying one is better or worse, just different principals.

Cheers,

Ted

Comment

What's your site, Ted? Don't know if I've seen it...
            "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
            Nikola Tesla

Comment

Working...
            X