Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for scope shots of window motor or half bipolar circuit

Hi Guys,

I have hooked a fudged together half bipolar circuit to my motor. It runs but it doesn't look like it is running correctly.

Does anyone have or know where I can find some scope shots for the window motors or half bipolar circuits?

Cheers!!!
    "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
    Nikola Tesla

Hi mate,

Give me your specs so far, resistances used etc. JBs recent zero force motor on YouTube has a scope shot of the half sequential circuit. I think I have one at home somewhere. Erf could probably help you out there too with a pic.

Regards
    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Thanks ren,

I've seen Erf's scope shots but never fully understood them

Been playing with the resistor values and think it may be just a question of tuning...

You're right. This circuit appears to be a completely different beast to the sg circuit though I'm gradually learning how to tame it
      "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

Good stuff mate. Go with low resistance on the trigger to get it started. Once up to speed you can up that resistance through the roof. I've seen megaohms used here.

The one to play with is the resistance coming off the pnp base going to the signal npns collector. Use 220 odd ohms and a pot. @ 12v you probably don't have much to play with, 1k pot would be plenty. At higher voltages this can be tweaked alot more.

Check out my YouTube page. Watch rpm test, you can see some of the effects of tuning, that's the full bipolar switch in action.

Enjoy
        "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Working...
        X