Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple neon flash with separate coil (Bedini SSG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple neon flash with separate coil (Bedini SSG)

Hi all, i just wanted to show this interesting effect because the idea has been playing on my mind for a while. Today i decided to put it to the test and it works pretty well. We know that when the magnetic field collapses around the coil, a high voltage spike is created. To me this is like a normal magnetic field cutting the coil producing voltage but much much faster hence no real current but much higher voltage almost like time compressing the event. I wondered weather putting another coil inside this field collapse would create the additional spikes without affecting the strength of the spike on the bedini coil and im pretty sure this is the case. What i have done is created a new core with the same type welding rods but twice as long so that i can fit another separate coil behind the bedini coil a la Fusion Chip. I have this second coil attached directly to a neon bulb. For now i just short the coil repeatedly while the unit is running.. most of the time you see an orange flash which means the coil is being shorted when a magnet is TDC.. This is not what we want to do as that is situation draws more from the primary just like a generator and causes drag. When i manage to short this coil during the field collapse just after TDC, the purple flash appears. I have included a pic of the coil setup and a small video clip to show the effect.

YouTube - Purple flash on separate coil
    Last edited by Zooty; 04-09-2010, 10:09 PM.

A quick update. The purple flashing effect becomes harder to reproduce the more you do it. After replacing the neon with a new one, the effect is back. The contacts inside the bulb get darker the more it flashes. Maybe resistance is building up on the contacts suppressing the effect. It looks as if the purple flash is an arc between the contacts inside the bulb which would make sense if it is very high voltage. Nonetheless, the effect is there only after TDC. Also, Orange/Red from the normal bulb operation plus Blue/Green arc should give purple.

*UPDATE*

After playing around i can confirm that when the purple flash happens, the output across the diode in the bedini circuit going to the charging battery is not affected. As an indication, i am measuring the voltage across the diode to the charging battery and its around 3 volts above the battery. When i short the coil at the wrong time, the voltage across the diode drops but when i do it and get the purple flash, the voltage either stays the same or drops by 0.01 volts. I am in the process of building something to transfer this new spike to the primary side. Update coming soon
    Last edited by Zooty; 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Do you short it with a read switch?

Comment

at the moment im just shorting it with the bear wires at a join i made from the coil. I just tried with a read switch and it lights the neon the same as not having the charging battery connected. i also noticed the voltage increase over the diode. Im just trying to figure out a way to connect it to a load but its proving a bit difficult. It looks like im going to have have a second reed switch firing at the same time. The problem is, with a neon connected there is no load on the coil because it is always open circuit even inside the neon but when i connect a load with resistance it starts drawing power like a generator. If i put a second reed switch on one side of the coil, i can close and short the coil at the same time across a load

Comment

Originally posted by Zooty View Post
          at the moment im just shorting it with the bear wires at a join i made from the coil. I just tried with a read switch and it lights the neon the same as not having the charging battery connected. i also noticed the voltage increase over the diode. Im just trying to figure out a way to connect it to a load but its proving a bit difficult. It looks like im going to have have a second reed switch firing at the same time. The problem is, with a neon connected there is no load on the coil because it is always open circuit even inside the neon but when i connect a load with resistance it starts drawing power like a generator. If i put a second reed switch on one side of the coil, i can close and short the coil at the same time across a load
          Use a bridge rectifier and short the coil before the bridge. Just remember that you need to run a capacitive load such as a second charge battery or a capacitor. You can actually use the energy to run a second motor coil provided that you keep the voltage on the capacitor above what the coil is generating as normal current.

Comment

Hi redeagle, i think i tried what you are talking about but it didnt work because the coil is attached directly to the cap now acting like a generator causing drag and raising input. I attached an image.. excuse the drawing.
            Last edited by Zooty; 04-09-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Purple flash

If you change the legs of the neon around, it will flash again. Eventually the glass goes silver.

I believe it's caused by huge voltage spikes.

I've got a bunch of videos on youtube; search for purple flash.

Love and light
              Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

these huge voltage spikes are coming from a coil independent of the bedini coil, its just how to use them now

Comment

Hi Zooty,

I have something similar in the works right now. Im just taking my time assembling it. You need to design a method to time the discharge from your generating coil in accordance with the rotors position. I am going to use mechanical means to short mine, because its the easiest and cheapest way possible.

You could dump this coil into another battery, or into a capacitor and into a load. More to come soon.

Good work.
                  "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Just curious what is the ac voltage reading off of your generator coil?

Comment

15.6VAC open circuit.

Comment

that would explain the drag when you connect a 12 volt battery constantly to the bridge. if you have enough try putting two in series for a 24v load that should get rid of most of your drag.

From my experiences with shorted generator coils if the battery is avoge the peak voltage of your generator then the battery cannot create a drag on the rotor. you can find out the true peak by charging a cap until it peaks out.
                        You may even want to re wind your coil so you have more parallel windings as opposed to fewer long ones. It will reduce the total voltage but would make it suitable for lower voltage charging and give you an amp boost on the charging side.

It just all depends on the load you wish to run. if you are wanting to light CFLs with the spike then you may consider a single high inductance winding. But at those voltages you are going to have to switch to a different means of shorting the coil perhaps mechanical. Reeds love to be fried i have a collection of them.

Just for information purposes i was using a newman style generator 6-500ft strands of 24g solid phone wire I also have another spool with about 400 feet on each strand. roter is a stack of NEOs on a 5/16 shaft.

Comment

What i love about this setup is that the bedini side is completely unaffected when the second coil is pulsed at the right time. The neon is flashing purple so i know the output is close to that of the bedini side. I might sound optimistic but maybe i can replace the front end with a cap, dump this spike to the front and once per rotation, pulse the charging battery to the front cap via a relay to keep it topped up. The wheel already manages a full rotation with a 100v 10,000uf cap charged to 12v. If this spike can keep most of the primary caps voltage then the charging battery will only have to supply a few volts to keep it up there allowing the battery to still charge. I will just have to build it and experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                            that would explain the drag when you connect a 12 volt battery constantly to the bridge. if you have enough try putting two in series for a 24v load that should get rid of most of your drag.

From my experiences with shorted generator coils if the battery is avoge the peak voltage of your generator then the battery cannot create a drag on the rotor. you can find out the true peak by charging a cap until it peaks out.
                            You may even want to re wind your coil so you have more parallel windings as opposed to fewer long ones. It will reduce the total voltage but would make it suitable for lower voltage charging and give you an amp boost on the charging side.

It just all depends on the load you wish to run. if you are wanting to light CFLs with the spike then you may consider a single high inductance winding. But at those voltages you are going to have to switch to a different means of shorting the coil perhaps mechanical. Reeds love to be fried i have a collection of them.

Just for information purposes i was using a newman style generator 6-500ft strands of 24g solid phone wire I also have another spool with about 400 feet on each strand. roter is a stack of NEOs on a 5/16 shaft.
                            Redeagle
                            This is now what I call usefull information that you dont easily get on this website
                            I also found that if you only charge a say 47uf 250v cap and pulse discharge it to the battery at say 24v , it does not cause drag as when you connect the battery straight to the bridge and cap. I used the simple scr pulse switch as discussed on post 15 here:
                            http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...e-battery.html
                            Last edited by nvisser; 11-07-2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

but doesn't charging the cap in the first place cause drag as it is connected directly to the bridge? Or am i missing something? I thought any load across a coil would cause some drag, unless you are pulse the coil when a magnet is not directly over the core. What i am proposing here is that there is energy for the taking after the magnet has passed the core. The time window is very small, i believe it starts as the field around the coil collapses just as the magnet has left the core and this is the time to pulse short the coil.

Just a thought but it would seem that creating a magnetic field using current gets more difficult the bigger the field you want to create. The opposite of creating the field is the collapse of the field and maybe its creation properties are also the opposite as in, you cant hold back the collapse no matter what you do, its going to collapse hard and fast. Put as much wire as you can in the field collapse to take advantage of the phenomena. I'm not saying this is how it is but its just my interpretation of it.
                              Last edited by Zooty; 11-07-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X