Need Help on 3 coil Bedini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on 3 coil Bedini

I hope the upload of the PIC's works as it will save me a lot of description of my issue. First a big thanks to John Bedini, Ron Pugh and Patrick Kelly as well as all of the new generation of inventors here.

Now to my problem, I have to eliminate all base resistance in my bias circuit for the MJL21194's to get enough current flowing to maintain rotation. My coils are wound exactly to the specs in Patrick's "Chapter 6.pdf", 120ft of 18awg. Litz wound 5 conductor. I had to also add additional length on my trigger coil and feel that I need to add more. Can someone tell me what the most optimum "number of turns" are necessary for the trigger circuit. Today I am achieving about 4 to 5 volts in the trigger circuit when the RPM is about 900-1000. My drive coils are pulling about 8 amps (Vcc 12.85, coil resistance 0.8) at this RPM which is most undesirable. On a positive note, it is charging like gangbusters. Hope this gives enough info. All help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 10-10-2009, 05:10 PM.

Hi Bit's,

Are you using the basic SSG circuit with additional coils added in parrallel with only one "master" coil with trigger or do you have three seperate SSG circuits for each coil and each coil/circuit has its own trigger?

Your setup is awsome....

I am planning to start with my working master trigger/coil (850 turns each of 22 and 20 wire) and just adding additional coils the circuit I found just has an additional transistor and with base and collector diodes....for each additional coil but I understand that there are many other configurations....

Is green energy free?

Tj

Comment

Wow 8 amps thats quite a bit. I've never used 18 awg before the biggest i've used was 22awg and with 2 coils and 4 power windings on each coil, the highest amp draw I ever used was about 3 amps, but I could also dial it down to 1 amps or lower. I don't think you need any more winds on your trigger but I'm surprised that you have to lower your resistance down real low to get it to run. I would probably start to trouble shoot it by disconnecting 1 coil at a time to see if the speed picks up, maybe one of the coils is hooked up wrong or you fried some of the transistors. Good luck

Mark

Comment

Thank you Tj and Mark for the quick reply. I am using only 1 trigger winding to trigger all drive coils. I have checked all of the coils for correct polarization, but I like your idea of starting with disconnecting 1 coil at a time to see the results.

Comment

This is the schematic I found at the Monopolemotor forum....

Is this how you have your system wired?
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, this schematic is real close.

Comment

What kind of core are you using in your coils. You want to used welding rods if your not already.

And by the way your build looks sweet!!! Much nicer than mine was, and I hope those magnets are attached good.
              Last edited by Mark; 06-19-2009, 04:24 PM.

Comment

The core is 1/8th inch welding rods cut to length and resign coated to prevent eddy currents. I made sure that I used a good expoxy for the Magnets (but still stay out of the line of fire). Thanks again.

Comment

8 amps is definatly too much... a 12 transistor circuit shouldn't be drawing more than 2.5 - 3 amps

I'm guessing the top coil is your master.... but it looks alot fatter than your slaves. I'm guessing you have added more windings to the trigger around the outside of the coil.

Did you wind the trigger and power windings in parallel or are all the trigger windings on the outside of the coil? Also, do you know the resistance of the trigger windings and approx how many turns it was originally before you added some more?

And (sorry if it is a stupid question) are you sure all the transistors are firing?

Beautiful motor by the way reminds me of Lee's original tri coil set up
                  "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

More Pics

Dear Bits,

Nice work. Here are two photos of the closest machine John and I built in 2004 to the one you are building now. Please notice the extremely short circuit paths made of large diameter wire or copper tube. This machine was a 24 volt machine designed to run on 6 amps, which is 1 amp per coil (4 wires per coil) and .25 amps per transistor. Only one coil had the trigger winding that produced sufficient trigger to fire all 24 transistors simultaneously.

For more pictures of this machine being built, go to: New Page 2

Good luck,

Peter
                    Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
                    Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
                    Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

Tj, I think that you are right on with the 850 turns and I believe that is where mine is comining up short. With 120ft of 18awg for which mine are wound with, I only have about 450 turns. The formula for magnetic strength is amps x # of turns. I would like to get to a design that basically pulls about 2 to 3 amps so 3 x 850 = 2550 Mag strentgh and today mine is 8 x 450 = 3600. I'll opt for the lower amps with almost the same strength.

Comment

Peter so very nice to meet you. I have read alot of your's and John's work. Basically, you are saying short as possible for the collector and emitter runs, or for the base circuit as well?

Thanks again.

Comment

Sephiroth, you have a good eye. Yes the top coil is the master trigger coil. All coils I wound equally with 120ft (5 ea. 18AWG Litz method). I think this yeild about 450 turns and about 0.8 Ohms of resistance. Using one of the coils for a trigger, I was only yeilding about 1.6 volts spinng the rotor by a drill. I then added as much wire (18 AWG) to one of the original wires as I could get on the spool, now about 650 yeilding about 4 to 6 volts. Additionally, all wires are in parallel until the additional trigger wire being added. I have checked all of the transistors (which I just replaced after being sold fake ones from Ebay) and they are all firing fine.
                          Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 06-19-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                            Peter so very nice to meet you. I have read alot of your's and John's work. Basically, you are saying short as possible for the collector and emitter runs, or for the base circuit as well?

Thanks again.
                            Bits,

Yes, the machine is a very high frequency machine and every inch of stray wire acts as an impedance in the system. Notice that John and I even mounted two large capacitors, right at the input, to neutralize all of the inductance of the wire lengths leading to the machine. Also, once a machine was finished, John always fussed with the trigger system to balance the machine's operation. The method of multiple triggering is a bit tricky. You might want to look into some of the other threads for pointers on that.

Peter
                            Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
                            Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
                            Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

Awesome! Looks like I'll be in for a bit of re-work though. To quote Thomas Edison "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work".

Thanks again Peter.

Comment

Working...
                              X