Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pneuphysics

Just to be clear, when you say,
    "that coil bugged the heck out of me to where i was reduced to winding a string around a dowel rod and flipping it end to end. I do not know why but it did not give me the wave form i wanted until i rewound it."
    I assume you mean that you rewound one coil so that they are like I depicted in the lower part of my lame drawing, right? One coil is CW, and the other coil, the on the same core but the other side of the non-magnetic shaft, is CCW, right?

Do you think you could diagram that very clearly for everyone else's benefit so as to eliminate any further confusion, please and thank you?

Comment

• Originally posted by kent_elyue View Post
      pneuphysics

Just to be clear, when you say,
      "that coil bugged the heck out of me to where i was reduced to winding a string around a dowel rod and flipping it end to end. I do not know why but it did not give me the wave form i wanted until i rewound it."
      I assume you mean that you rewound one coil so that they are like I depicted in the lower part of my lame drawing, right? One coil is CW, and the other coil, the on the same core but the other side of the non-magnetic shaft, is CCW, right?

Do you think you could diagram that very clearly for everyone else's benefit so as to eliminate any further confusion, please and thank you?

Sure Kent I will get it done tomorrow if I get time at work. I will try to explain it differently for now. 2 coils stacked on top of each other like in my picture. both bars with magnets are in magnetic lock and not rotating from the motor end the top coil has a north magnet facing the coil core and that coil is wound ccw the other end of that same top coil has a south facing magnet in front of it. Back to the motor end to the bottom coil it has a south facing magnet in front of it and its coil (Bottom coil) is wound cw and at the other end of its pole piece is a north facing magnet.

Make sense? No special wind just one 4 filar twisted 18ga. and 1 22ga. twisted in with them wound cw on one coil end to end and the same second set of twisted wire wound on the other coil ccw end to end.

Hope this helps
      Drawing tomorrow - i also did a drawing tonight of the shaft, magnet bars and the coil holder with exact dimensions. I will scan tomorrow. Also I have a drawing of the pulse shapes I was getting before I rewound the coil. Might be interesting to some that see them in their work.

Take care,
      Pneuphysics

Comment

• Originally posted by pneuphysics View Post
        Drawing tomorrow - i also did a drawing tonight of the shaft, magnet bars and the coil holder with exact dimensions. I will scan tomorrow. Also I have a drawing of the pulse shapes I was getting before I rewound the coil. Might be interesting to some that see them in their work.

Take care,
        Pneuphysics
        Kent, (Pneuphysics),

Remember, Pneuphysics has built a variant of the G-Field...only 2 stationary coils with rotating magnets. This is not the Kromrey per say, although I believe the G-Field was built from learning from the Kromrey.

I believe my diagram is what Pneuphysics is trying to say .....
        (Pneu... correct me if I'm wrong...) this is similar to post #220 but with only 2 stationary coils... not 4. Note the similarity if you consider the the coils on each armature to be a single coil.

Timm :cheers

Comment

• Image didn't go through the first time.... sorry
          Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Timm,

This is exactly how I have my coils arranged on my G-Field.

Comment

• Hi all,
              Timm invited me to help :-)

I've got just to page 6 (incredibly lot to read)...

be back soon (have to go at moment)

RE: Al shileds:

Might it be the coils received "something" other than what they should (current was surely shorten in aluminum)?

RE: model in question:

Has anyone noticed the whole model cam be made on a lathe ;-) (so clever)...

be right back ;-)

P.S.

I posted also to get e-mail notification further down this thread ;-)

P.P.S.
              Post spreadsheets as JPEG is aplicable?

Comment

• Originally posted by StevanC View Post
                P.P.S.
                Post spreadsheets as JPEG is aplicable?

If you just want to show us your results then posting a spreadsheet as JPEG is OK.

But, if you post a spreadsheet as a JPEG then we can't download it and use it as a spreadsheet.

If you want to share your spreadsheet as a useable spreadsheet then email it to me and I can post it on my website like I've done before for this group.

DonL
                Don

Comment

• Originally posted by xpskid View Post
                  Image didn't go through the first time.... sorry
                  FYI.. Don't go to far with the coil drawing until Pneuphysics confirms it.
                  This was my interpretation of his explaination above..

Timm

Comment

Image didn't go through the first time.... sorry

xpskid -

Exactly the same as what i have, you are correct. I see the kromrey and gfield as exactly the same animal with 2 active parts in one config part 1 is stationary and 2 is rotating - the opposite is so in the other animal. Bedini mentions in his video #10 the kromrey stresses the gravity wave. Same thing the Gfield does. Just my opinion but the way I see it. I am open to listening to any other interpretation.

Hey I heard someone say the kromrey wave was supposed to look like a figure 8? Did i misread a post or is that what you are looking for?

Happy OUing,
                    Pneuphysics

Comment

• Some Specs for the GField-Kromrey

Ok here are the specs on the un it I built - No ferrous metal in the flux paths - all glued in those regions. not even any screws.

Also I included my lame coil drawing that does work but is wired in parallel giving 1/2 the output. Same waveshape.

Also I included an interesting concept that i drew from a post I read a few weeks ago on a Kromrey build.

Hope this will all fit
                      Pneuphysics
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by pneuphysics View Post
                        Also I included an interesting concept that i drew from a post I read a few weeks ago on a Kromrey build.

Hope this will all fit
                        Pneuphysics
                        Thanks Pneuphysics !! I'll buy the first round

Curious .... Where did you see this post on the Kromrey build ?

Timm

Comment

Thanks Pneuphysics !! I'll buy the first round

Curious .... Where did you see this post on the Kromrey build ?

Timm
                          Your more then welcome
                          I do not remember but if i run across it again I'll share. it struck me cuz it said either all north out or all south out.

Any questions please ask

Comment

• Hi Pneuphysics

I have been rounding up parts to build a motor/generator very similiar to your G-field Kromrey. I'm going to use 6 magnets on each rotor and 4 coils. The big defference is 1 of my coils is going to be used to drive it, hopefully that is. I'll be using a standard or bipolar Bedini circuit with both rotors being driven from each end of the coil. I'm still trying to decide how big a rotor I'll need, hopefully less the 7" in diameter. My coils are Quadfilar 20awg 150ft. With 4 coils and 4 strands I'll be able to try multiple variations of drive and generator set ups.

Dont know if you guys have seen this page or not IDEAS AND MOTORS make sure you scroll all the way thru it.
                            Last edited by Mark; 07-01-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                              Hi Pneuphysics

I have been rounding up parts to build a motor/generator very similiar to your G-field Kromrey. I'm going to use 6 magnets on each rotor and 4 coils. The big defference is 1 of my coils is going to be used to drive it, hopefully that is. I'll be using a standard or bipolar Bedini circuit with both rotors being driven from each end of the coil. I'm still trying to decide how big a rotor I'll need, hopefully less the 7" in diameter. My coils are Quadfilar 20awg 150ft. With 4 coils and 4 strands I'll be able to try multiple variations of drive and generator set ups.

Dont know if you guys have seen this page or not IDEAS AND MOTORS make sure you scroll all the way thru it.
                              Welcome Mark

Sounds like a very interesting design. I would be curious to see a rough drawing if you would like to post one. Did you say 1 set of coils to drive it or 1 coil? Cool idea.

I Have seen the Motor Ideas - hard to decide what to replicate first. They all look like fun

Good luck Mark,
                              Pneuphysics

Comment

• Mark: I think that I can visualize what you are trying to build. Is it a setup where the two rotors have six arms each, with an arm every 60 degrees, to form three separate flux paths? How do you intend to have the flux paths cross over each other at the center shaft point? Or will they all merge together into a single flux path at the center shaft point, with N N N on the top three arms and S S S on the bottom three arms?

If one of the four coils will be a driving coil, I can envision two issues: When the driving coil fires the arm/magnet in the firing possition just past TDC will experience a lot of "up" force alond with the twisting torque that you want. Unless the arms are super strong they are going wobble up and down and put stress on the bearings. If you drove the setup with two of the four coils then that would cancel itself out. The second issue is that I doubt this will be as efficient as an external electric motor, so you might have to pump a lot of juice into the drive coil to keep it turning.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X