Bedini's Kromrey Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dllabarre View Post
    What size (diameter) core is everyone using?
    After seeing the video (it finally came in the mail today) I'm thinking my 3/4" core is too big.

Thanks,
    DonL

Thanks Don for posting it

After several beers golfing today and then several beers at the ballgame, I managed to get out to the barn.
    I swapped my SS 316L shaft out for an aluminum shaft and repeated my earlier tests.

My output voltage as measured with my meter dropped from 34.2 to 24.4 DC
    AC dropped from 40.6 to 30.1

The interesting part was my first test showed a 1A jump in current draw when shorted. With the aluminum shaft it only dropped 0.34 A
    So I bypassed the carbon brushes (which add resistance) and the drop was only 0.24 A

I then took my SS shaft and tested it with neo's. A small one on one end, and tried to pick the other up with the other end. Couldn't, but I could magnetically drag it around, suggesting the SS did conduct some magnetic flux.

So two points:
    Avoid SS even if it's 316
    The extra resistance of even the brushes did affect the performance.

Timm

Comment

• Originally posted by dllabarre View Post
      What size (diameter) core is everyone using?

Thanks,
      DonL
      Don,

For comparison, my armature is 4.5" long x 1" dia, made from cast iron.
      I left 1/8" on the ends and turned down to 1/2" dia over a length of ~1.75" on each side. I taped the core with electrical tape and added 1" nylon washers to protect each end of the windings. A friend is suppose to be turning another set for me, but I don't think he's done much on it lately.
      This was able to accomodate ~250 turns of trifilar #23 and yielded resistance equivalent to the video.

Timm

Comment

• Originally posted by xpskid View Post
        Don,
        For comparison, my armature is 4.5" long x 1" dia, made from cast iron.

This was able to accomodate ~250 turns of trifilar #23 and yielded resistance equivalent to the video.
        Timm
        hmmm....

My cores are made of steel.
        Is cast iron a lot better then steel for cores or just a little better?
        I'm trying to decide if I should go with cast iron instead of steel.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

DonL
        Don

Comment

• cores: try swedish soft iron

Originally posted by dllabarre View Post
          hmmm....

My cores are made of steel.

DonL
          Many people favour swedish soft iron (to be found in some welding rods).

It may be to do with the material's ability to take on magnetism and then
          throw it off when the current is cut.
          Paul.

Comment

• Hi at all,

I have been re-reading an old paper from Tom Bearden regarding John Bedini's Kromrey converter setup and experimental results. http://www.scene.org/~esa/merlib/Mueller.pdf

Ok, i can understand the logic of the results.
            That i cannot understand is the wattage results given at document's page 9 (leaflet's page 6) in Table K-2.

He is stating that converter loaded with a battery outputs some 21 watts that corrects the figure (using a corrector factor) to 116 watts.
            But, by using an 13,8 ohm resistor he gives 185,19 watts out, while by utilizing an 0,63 Ohm resistor he calculates 534,92 watts out.

How is that? He is not saying any correction factor to the ohmic resistances (since there is not). So? How concludes those figures?

If shorted the converter outputs some 1 amp, how by using those resistors makes out such wattage??

Does anyone knows this or just the whole thing is a typo? (put it mildly)

Regards,
            Baroutologos
            Last edited by baroutologos; 06-20-2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• What proof?

Originally posted by dambit View Post
              I don't think we are here to prove to the world that this stuff works, most of us are here to prove it to ourselves. I for one have done this and as far as I'm concerned that's all I need. No matter what results we get there will always be someone who doesn't think it's enough and will demand more "proof".

Please don't take this as an insult, but the SSG is so simple to build and get working and if you do this and are not seeing results........ your doing something wrong. It took me about two weeks to see results from conditioning, but the results were there. In the batteries, in the form of extra amp hours.

Anyway, I'm off to get my new coils wound.

Cheers,

Steve
              Dambit,

The willingness of some people to deliberately misunderstand this stuff is nothing short of staggering.

I'm not questioning that pulse charging, Bedini or otherwise, will increase an old or even new lead acid batteries capacity. All this demonstrates is that conventional chargers just aren't that efficient.

Bedini charging will simply make say a 20Ahr battery actually deliver 20AHr, that is not free energy that is simply very efficient charging and slightly enthusiastic battery capacity reporting by the manufacturer.

Free energy or OU is where you put 1W of energy in to the front end of an SG or Kromrey and you get 1.0000001W out of the battery on the charging end, it really is that simple.

Are you telling me that you have a Bedini device where you can put 1W into the front end and get more than this out? If you can't you are nowhere near OU or even breaking even.

I can also advise all of you looking at the Kromrey that you likely won't get it to work as shown as it is likely there is something you've not been told.

Regards

Richard

Comment

• Originally posted by linesrg View Post
                The willingness of some people to deliberately misunderstand this stuff is nothing short of staggering.
                The SG is not an OU machine. It just helps create a condition in the battery which allows negative energy to enter and charge it. This is how I can charge a 135Ah true deep cycle battery in 12hrs with only 2 amps of conventional current being measured on the output. To do this with a conventional charger required 15amps input to the battery.

You are entitled to your opinion, and that's fine. Just don't take up thread space trying to convert people into skeptics. Creating an air of negativity for those of us who are happy and enjoy doing stuff like this doesn't help.

On the other hand, constructive criticism is welcome.

Cheers,

Steve
                You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• OU machine must be well built...

@linesrg

Hey excuse me, I've reading this post about Komrey, now I have not time to try it... Precisely I'm studying about batteries and capacitor charging in this moment I've two month on this but I need more time.

You can see about OU Bedini devices on Energy From The Vacuum DVD Part 2. Bedini shows something very interesting about OU, show a pendulum and makes the next test:

1) Show a deep cycle battery (I think is about 100aH), and make the test with BK Precision Battery Tester, the battery reads 90%.

2), Bedini connect a Power Inverter with a normal 100 Watts bulb by 5 minutes.

3), Makes the test with BK Battery Tester and the battery reads about 81%.

4) Connect the pendulum on a littles batteries cells in series reading about 14.56 volts on the begin, by 5 minutes, showing and explaining the system.

5) 5 minutes after pendulum is OFF, disconnect the battery from the pendulum and connect the BK Battery Tester, AND THE BATTERY READS 90% AGAIN.

6) Little battery packages read about 14.06 volts.

That is OU and not 1.0000001/1 Watts more, is very high COP, incredible high, 100 Watts bulb was connected by 5 minutes. These little batteries only in dreams can get light ON a 100 Watts bulbs continuosly by 5 minutes.

dambit is right, a little negative energy is necessary to charge a battery, if you have a SG for example by adding many generators coils is possible because this coils reads a little energy but on the battery is different "COP is on the battery says Bedini".
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs. Apple CEO

Comment

• Originally posted by dambit View Post
                    The SG is not an OU machine. It just helps create a condition in the battery which allows negative energy to enter and charge it. This is how I can charge a 135Ah true deep cycle battery in 12hrs with only 2 amps of conventional current being measured on the output. To do this with a conventional charger required 15amps input to the battery.

You are entitled to your opinion, and that's fine. Just don't take up thread space trying to convert people into skeptics. Creating an air of negativity for those of us who are happy and enjoy doing stuff like this doesn't help.

Cheers,

Steve
                    If you have 2 Amps at the output of your SG into your battery, what is the input current into the SG?

Hoppy

Comment

• If its built correctly probably about 4 amps.
                      "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Cheers,

Steve
                        Hear, Hear !!!

Timm

Comment

• Originally posted by baroutologos View Post
                          Does anyone knows this or just the whole thing is a typo? (put it mildly)

Regards,
                          Baroutologos
                          Baroutologos,

When I skimmed through this the first time, I didn't understand that either, but I didn't have time to study it. I was looking for build info and only found testing info so I moved past this. I'll revisit the numbers in this document this week.

Timm

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoppy View Post
                            If you have 2 Amps at the output of your SG into your battery, what is the input current into the SG?

Hoppy
                            Hi Hoppy,

All up the charger draws 5 amps on the input. I have tuned it so that each transistor draws 250mA and the charger has 20 of them. So the actual measured output current is just shy of 2.5 amps.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Hi Hoppy,

All up the charger draws 5 amps on the input. I have tuned it so that each transistor draws 250mA and the charger has 20 of them. So the actual measured output current is just shy of 2.5 amps.

Cheers,

Steve
                              Thanks, this is in line with my solid state SG variant charger which outputs just under 4 Amps with an input of 7.8 Amps @ 12V.

Can you run your charger with an ordinary 5 Amp wire fuse on the input? After a few minutes running, I rupture a 15 Amp fuse with just 11 Amps input. With my big straight conventional DC charger, this same rating fuse stays intact over 15 Amps being delivered to my 960A/hr battery bank. Any idea why this might be?

Hoppy

Comment

• Hi Hoppy,

I actually don't have any fuses installed on my setup. I power my charger via a regulated power supply. If anything goes wrong it's fuse will break I suppose.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X