Bedini's Kromrey Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Timm,

You should ask Bedini for a detailed design like the SG has. Even if he doesn't give one, someone else who has built the thing might.

Also I've tried to join that group a million times and keep getting auto rejected. Do they even bother to check the applications? I don't get why they restrict entry, seems to go against the idea of getting alternative tech out there.

Cheers,

Steve
    You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• Originally posted by dambit View Post
      Also I've tried to join that group a million times and keep getting auto rejected. Cheers,
      Steve
      I just tried to join today also and got rejected.
      I even pleaded my case.
      Explained that I've built an SSG and use it often to recharge batteries for the kids toys.
      Now I'm looking for something BIGGER and BETTER.
      I hope this Kromrey converter is the answer.

Only time will tell....

DonL
      Don

Comment

Hi Timm,

You should ask Bedini for a detailed design like the SG has. Even if he doesn't give one, someone else who has built the thing might.

Also I've tried to join that group a million times and keep getting auto rejected. Do they even bother to check the applications? I don't get why they restrict entry, seems to go against the idea of getting alternative tech out there.

Cheers,

Steve
        Steve,

Don't hold it against the bedinin group... You must start with the monopole_3 group, build and document an SSG to be allowed into the other groups. Nothing personal... but if you've been involved in these groups for any length of time, you understand that there are those who build and learn and there are those who blog and argue who never build anything.... They are just trying to separate the two. As a member I agreed not to cross post. Doesn't mean I can't share my results with this group, I just won't transfer direct quotes, but I don't mind working together towards a goal. Notice I mentioned I would move towards a single wind before Marks quote. I also mentioned I'd share my build and results... so nothing hidden on my part, just holding my integrety on both.

Before I rewind, I want to try new shafts... they should arrive tomorrow, both copper and aluminum. I priced new brushes but they aren't cheap. I couldn't find graphite/copper, but graphite/silver were $50 per. Ouch !

I tried to attach my spreadsheet but apparently it didn't go. I'll try again.

Regards,

Timm

Comment

• Spreadsheet

Ok... can anyone give me advice on how to attach a spreadsheet ?

Timm

Comment

• ???

Appears I can only attach an image, not a file ???

Comment

• Entry into the deep ssg side.

Originally posted by dambit View Post
              Hi Timm,

Cheers,

Steve
              The normal path is you build an standard SSG, and then move up the ranks to level 2 of the groups. I have been in the advanced group for a time but I found that very few posts are read there, it was a great place to collect data, but not a place to get help. This forum is the best place to get help in a timely manner, with very respectful people.

I am very disappointed that Bedini having sold his working motors to MIT will not do the same to per say Sterling, or others that have a genuine desire to experiment with the device and share the results. I am waiting till someone has a working design then I may invest in exploring it further myself.

What would be cool is if one could get the machined parts, that have been tested to work and then build it.

What is lacking even among the kits that Rick puts out is good directions for people to follow, so many people come here to learn how to put them together.
              See my experiments here...
              http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• Originally posted by theremart View Post
                The normal path is you build an standard SSG, and then move up the ranks to level 2 of the groups. I have been in the advanced group for a time but I found that very few posts are read there, it was a great place to collect data, but not a place to get help. This forum is the best place to get help in a timely manner, with very respectful people.

I am very disappointed that Bedini having sold his working motors to MIT will not do the same to per say Sterling, or others that have a genuine desire to experiment with the device and share the results. I am waiting till someone has a working design then I may invest in exploring it further myself.

What would be cool is if one could get the machined parts, that have been tested to work and then build it.

What is lacking even among the kits that Rick puts out is good directions for people to follow, so many people come here to learn how to put them together.
                I'm with you Theremart.... let's figure this out and present detailed designs !
                John has spent 30+ years in this field and got nothing but harrassment. Let's try to understand and run with the advise he had given and not resent the fact that he hasn't can't spoon feed us all the answers. He did give us EFV10, true ? He did respond to my results at 1:30 AM ? So lets appreciate that and move forward !!!

I'm sharing everything !! and so is Steve !!! so let's keep going...

Timm
                I like this little beer guy...

Comment

Hi Timm,

Cheers,

Steve
                  Steve,

I believe the detailed SSG designs came from Rick, not John.
                  I'll post our best results to the Bedini group and see what happens. Like yesterday, we may get some feedback from John. His time is pretty valuable, I'll humbly take what he gives....

Timm

Comment

• Originally posted by xpskid View Post
                    Appears I can only attach an image, not a file ???
                    Can you place the file on a webpage, give us the URL so we can down load it?

If not, maybe you can private message it to me and I'll place it on the web for down loading.

Just an idea....

Originally posted by xpskid View Post
                    I'm with you Theremart.... let's figure this out and present detailed designs ! He did give us EFV10, true ? He did respond to my results at 1:30 AM ? So lets appreciate that and move forward !!!
                    I'm sharing everything !! and so is Steve !!! so let's keep going...
                    Timm

I'm with you guys.
                    Let's get this built and working. I'm documenting everything I can along the way including copies of invoices for material and parts I've purchased.

By the way, how long did it take for you to receive your video? It's been over a week since I ordered it.

DonL
                    Don

Comment

• The whole thing with sliprings and the like is why I decided to go with the stationary coil version.

At any rate, I did a little more testing, this time with a battery. I didn't run this test very long because I really hate being so near to the thing with those magnets spinning at high RPM. Let's just say I don't fully trust the adhesive and will likely build a shield before any serious testing.

So the voltage on the battery went up, and at a certain point the drill sped up and the voltage started climbing faster. I also tried shorting the machine out again but couldn't tell if it was loading the machine down or not. There didn't seem to be any cool air this time, and the battery definitely did not cool down any. But this could be due to the motor not spinning fast enough and not enough time charging (I think I spent a total of around 10 minutes on charging).

There will be more to come. Does anyone have any ideas on sourcing a cheap (read: junkyard/salvage) DC motor?

Comment

• Hi Timm,

Just import your exel spreadsheet into a word document or create a PDF and that should be fine.

I hope nobody thinks I was putting crap on the monopole groups. I just don't see why when I have already built a solid state charger that can efficiently charge large batteries, I should have to rebuild and test a tiny SSG. Seems pointless. At the very least they should allow the posts to be read-only. But that's just my opinion and I will leave it at that.

I'm going to unwind my old spare set of coils and rewind them with a single strand and keep the resistance down to 3 ohms or below. The 0.4 ohms mentioned in the DVD was when the trifilar setup was in place.

Sore fingeres here I come.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Hi Timm,
                          Just import your exel spreadsheet into a word document or create a PDF and that should be fine.
                          Steve
                          The disadvantage of that is we lose the ability of it's use for our own calculations. It will only show us Timm's last calculation.

DonL
                          Don

Comment

• You could try renaming the file type. If that doesn't work we'll just have to PM our email addresses.

I've attached a renamed exel file as a test. Rename it to *.xls to open it in exel.

Cheers,

Steve

(Just tried it and the file gets corrupted.)

Timm,

If you open a new word document and then insert the excel spreadsheet as an embedded object, we should be able to use the spreadsheet with the formulae. If the file size is kept super small.
                            Last edited by dambit; 06-19-2009, 06:09 AM. Reason: doesn't work

Comment

• Because there was no response on my request to ask Tom Bearden for some details, I did it myself, part of my question was:

‘I and some others are trying to build the Kromrey converter John Bedini is demonstrating on EFTV 10, but we are still missing some important details, such as the number of the windings on the coils, the thickness of the copper wire, the rpm from the motor and some more. Do you think it is possible John Bedini put some of these details on his website for all those people building the Kromrey? Or is there maybe a future DVD with more on the Kromrey?’

The First respons was from Tony Craddock, Tom Bearden’s webmaster. His answer was very short, but hopeful:

‘Stay tuned.

Regards

Tony Craddock
                              Webmaster’

Within a few hours John Bedini himself was answering! This is his answer and now I know why his coils look so small!

‘Paul,

I don't know how big of machine your going to build, so I say nothing in the DVD.
                              The one I was demonstrating was using a DC motor at 2200 rpm's
                              the wire size was number 18 at 130 turns on each pole.

Hope this helps.

John’

My response to John:

Dear John,

Thank you for your quick response and details!

The machine I want to build is from the same size you are demonstrating on the DVD. My motor is a 12V DC 3000 rpm’s.

Are your coils trifilar winded, or just one strand 130 turns?

Some here are building a Kromrey with six stacks of magnets; yours have four, what is your opinion about the six poles?

Regards,

Paul
                              Last edited by Paul Harmans; 06-19-2009, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Hm... 130 turns of 18 awg? At 2200 rpm?

According my view, never gonna make it.
                                But, who am i to question the master :P

Regards,
                                Baroutologos

ps: I am 100% sure that Gambit's many turn will be the one most like working than those that will go of little turns.

Comment

Working...
                                X