Bedini's Kromrey Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Don,

I have found the 1 7/8" x 7/8" x 3/8" ceramic magnets (which is what the stack of magnets in the DVD looks like to me) at most big box home improvement centers.

Comment

• found some

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
      I have found the 1 7/8" x 7/8" x 3/8" ceramic magnets (which is what the stack of magnets in the DVD looks like to me) at most big box home improvement centers.
      I found this website also:
      www.magnet4sale.com

Ceramic Magnets C8 1 7/8"X7/8"X3/8"
      Hard Ferrite Magnets
      Material: Ferrite magnet or ceramic magnet, grade 8.
      Magnetization: through 3/8"
      Rating: 3,850 gauss
      Pulling Force: 4 lbs.
      Shipping Weight 0.12 lb
      Price: $0.91

Is this a good price?
      Seems too good to be true

DonL
      Don

Comment

• Build 1

Energy yes, just not the right type. Mine acted like a normal generator and didn't exhibit any of the Kromrey characteristics as shown by John.
        My coils were wound the same, and each pole saw the same wind, meaning if you looked from the north to the south pole, both top and bottom, the wind was similar.
        Based on my spreadsheet, I used (3) 50' lengths of 23 AWG on each. This yielded ~ 1.5 ohms total across the slip rings. This calculated to ~750 winds, or 250 per strand. Each coil was terminated and I used 14 gauge copper to connect to the next coil. The coil series were connected just like John's drawing, Upper left to upper right, dropping to lower right, then the lower left coil. My one deviation was I joined the two coils on each armature with the 14 gauge and not the three coil wires.

My 1/3 hp, 24v motor turns at 3100 rpm, yielding ~35 volts rectified DC.
        Still thinking of my next try at the windings......

Timm
        Attached Files

Comment

• @Don: That sounds about right.

@Timm: 1.5 ohms seems about right, going by John's 0.4 ohm calculation on the chalkboard. So no cold air, no cold charging, nada? Strange...

Another mini update: All that's left now is proper coil mounts. I'm thinking that maybe I'll leave one coil loose just in case I have it turned the wrong way. Both coils together weigh in at slightly under 4 ohms. That's three strands of #22, 100 feet each.

At any rate, I was able to turn it by hand (barely, in starting, the thing cogs like a sonofab****) and get almost two volts out of the FWBR. Now I'm starting to wonder if mine is going to work... I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Comment

• Hi Timm,

Your build looks great.

I have been unable to reproduce the results I first experienced, so I too am thinking about a next step.

The total of my coils in series is 13.4ohms (3 strands @ 0.28mm diameter, 800 turns). I'm not sure if the figures John was using in the dvd were just an example or actual numbers.

I have posted some pics of the different wave forms I get. The first is of the AC output with no load. (This is similar to the one on Bedinis website). The second is of the DC output with no load (looks a complete mess). The last is the waveform I get when either the DC or the AC is under load.

Cheers,

Steve.
            Attached Files
            You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• Nice scope shots Dambit.

Even though i can not yet understand the mess when it is loaded.
              From my experimentation from FEG so far i have concluded the followings (there is a resemblence)

* You cannot "overload" the system. If you do you lose the accellaration effect. You must find the correct load for it so as accelaration or slight decellaration is balanced for maximum efficiency.
              * In order to initiate the accellaration easier those parameters in a given setup play a major role: coil turns and rpm.

As you will sooner or later find-out that there is a threshold rpm speed for each setup that accelaration kicks in.
              This highly depends on frequency (more alternating magnet poles the easier to initiate), impedance (the higher the better for single wire coils or put better the more turns the better - not much experience with parallel unfortunately -)

More wire turns also means more resistance thus output goes down. Yo can make up for less impedance by higher rpm etc

I pretty sure when you removed alluminium casing somehow you altered coil's impedances (unwound a bit?)

Nevertheless good job so far.

I am waiting your news,

Regards,
              Baroutologos

Comment

• wire size and number of turns

I think I read where it's better to have shorter coils with 4-6 layers as opposed to a longer coil with only 2 layers. Is this correct?

At what point does too many layers of wire cause a problem?

DonL
                (still waiting for material to arrive)
                Don

Comment

• Originally posted by dambit View Post
                  Hi Timm,

Your build looks great.

I have been unable to reproduce the results I first experienced, so I too am thinking about a next step.

The total of my coils in series is 13.4ohms (3 strands @ 0.28mm diameter, 800 turns). I'm not sure if the figures John was using in the dvd were just an example or actual numbers.

I have posted some pics of the different wave forms I get. The first is of the AC output with no load. (This is similar to the one on Bedinis website). The second is of the DC output with no load (looks a complete mess). The last is the waveform I get when either the DC or the AC is under load.

Cheers,

Steve.
                  Thanks Steve !

When you state 3 strands @ 0.28mm diameter, 800 turns, are you saying you wrapped all three strands 800 turns ? or 266 turns using 3 strands ?

800 turns of each strand creates a pretty good spool volume. I was trying to keep my windings inside the diameter of the armature end. My armatures are 1" cast iron rod, ~4.5" in length. I turned down the spool area on each side of the shaft to ~0.5" diameter, 1.5" long. This limits my spool volume unless I wind outside the 1" diameter, which then means I have to reinforce the ends with something larger in diameter so I don't throw the windings off at 3000 rpm. I could turn the inner diameter down to 3/8" or even 1/4" to gain more volume.

To simplify things, I'm thinking I may go to a single strand to experiment with.
                  According to the video, this can still demonstrate the energy we are looking for, just not as efficient as the trifilar/low impedence build that John mentions.

Timm

Comment

• @timm I want to ask you how did you asembled those 4 row magnets
                    N-S
                    S-N
                    first paralel row
                    and the second paralel row? the same ?

Comment

• Hi Timm,

All three strands are 800 turns. Wound at the same time. My bobbins are solid mild steel. 12mm diameter core with 25mm diameter flanges. I just filled them up and that equated to approx 800 turns. (actual number is 780 turns, close enough)

@Baroutologos - I think your right about the frequency issue. Also, I didn't change my coil length in any way when I removed the covers. I have noticed that with the covers removed the drive motor draws 2.5 amps, when opperating at the same speed with the covers on, it drew 5.5 amps. The aluminium was definitely creating a drag on the drive motor, and this is why I wanted to remove it. I just didn't expect the motors output performance to change as a result.

I will experiment with rotor speeds as much as I can, but until I get my flexible shaft coupling there is just too much vibration over 50% drive motor speed (about 4,500 rpm). It gets loud.

Cheers,

Steve
                      Last edited by dambit; 06-17-2009, 04:24 PM.
                      You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• If we ask John Bedini personally for some specifications, I think we never get an answer (however), but maybe we can try to ask Tom Bearden? He is the one who is selling the EFTV DVD’s.

The text on DVD 10 says:

‘In this DVD John Bedini, painstakingly traces the “G-field generator's” pedigree and history all the way back to the late Professor Raymond Kromrey, and John then presents the theory, the circuit diagram, what to do, and what not to do, to build one that works.’

But we are missing some details.

I like do to it myself, but my English is not as good as yours, so maybe one of you (English speaking persons) on this topic will take this opportunity?

I think this is the correct e-mail address:
                        webmaster@cheniere.org

I found it here:
                        Table of Contents

Comment

• Originally posted by sniky View Post
                          @timm I want to ask you how did you asembled those 4 row magnets
                          N-S
                          S-N
                          first paralel row
                          and the second paralel row? the same ?
                          Hi Sniky,

Not quite sure I understand your question, but let me try ..
                          Look at image 887 above.
                          The intent is to create "U" or Horseshoe magnets on either side of the iron armature. The black stacks are (12) 1"x2"x1/2" ceramic magnets stacked using thier own magnetic attraction, thus n-s-n-s-n-s... etc. They're wrapped with electical tape simply to hold them in better alignment. The pole pieces on either end are cast iron, milled to 1" square and faced with an arc to match the armature swing. So the face of one pole piece is N, and the other is S. The stacks across from one another are opposite, so one stack has N on top and directly across , the stack has S on top. When the armature is magnetically locked in between, the magnetic flux is closed and all contained in the loop. Starting in upper left, the N pole flows to the S pole through the armature, and the same on the bottom. The contained loop through the armature is what is important. It can't go through the shaft which is why John stresses a non-magnetic shaft. The energy in the coils is captured when you break the lock and collapse the field through the coil.
                          The four pole set-up isn't ideal because armature see's N-N-S-S, the six pole would be better.

Regards,

Timm

Comment

• XPSkid build 1

I'll start a log book, but thought I'd share some initial results before I tear this down for mods. (This set-up performed like a normal generator and did not exhibit the characteristics of the Kromrey shown in John's DVD10 )

Armatures / pole pieces are cast iron
                            Magnets are 1"x2"x1/2" ceramic
                            Motor is 24V 1/3hp
                            Coils 50' trifilar, 23 AWG, joined at each end
                            Each armature is wound the same on both sides. If you look down the armature, the near coil is wound the same and the far coil.
                            The bottom coil is flipped, but both coils on the bottom are again the same.
                            My way of thinking of this is when looking down the armature, from the north pole to the south pole, the wind is the same both top and bottom.
                            Can this vary the results if I switch the wind direction ?

I'm open to ideas... I would like to test as much as I can before I tear the windings out and rewind.

Resistance = 1.5 ohms (between the slip rings) and 5.7 mH
                            Reistance w/brushes = 4.8 ohms

Draw unloaded = 3.9 A
                            Draw direct short = 4.9 A

1500 rpm 16.5V DC, 21.3 V AC
                            3000 rpm 34.2 V DC, 40.6 V AC

Regards,

Timm

Comment

• picture speaks a thousand words (sometimes)

Here are some pictures I put together showing the magnetic pole relationships and the wiring as I understand it.

Please let me know if this is incorrect and I'll change it.

The coils can change there polarity as they rotate around. When they pass the 2nd stack of magnets in my picture, those magnets have the opposite polarity on top and bottom. Therefore each coil with have its polarity automatically reversed.

DonL

http://www.u2ecom.com/images/motors/...erPicByDLL.jpg

http://www.u2ecom.com/images/motors/...rPicByDLL2.jpg
                              Don

Comment

• @dllabarre,

One thing comes to mind that could make this unit work differently. Are your slip rings one continuous contact? What if they contain breaks timed the with passing of the magnetic field as to make the magnetic field collapse. If you are using continuous slip rings, you are producing AC like a normal alternator and you will not get back spikes. It would be something kept out of a Patent and not invalidate the concept.

Take care,

Michel
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

Working...
                                X