Bedini's Kromrey Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Aaron,

That was a very interesting pdf. Thanks.

Steve.
    You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

Originally posted by dllabarre View Post
      Hi

Sorry to be picky but are you referring to the parallel coil idea or the Kromrey converter?

DonL

Hi Don,

I was referring to the Kromrey converter that Steve took the liberty to answer your question for me,Thx Steve .How's the build coming along?

-Gary

Comment

Hi Garry,

The build is progressing, albeit a little slowly. I have now finished my motor speed contoller and am waiting for my new flexible shaft coupling. I have posted a pic of my shiny new coils. I don't think these will unspool themselves.

Cheers,

Steve.
        Attached Files

Comment

Slip rings?

What is the technical name for those round/rollers on the shaft that is used to transfer the electricity onto the brushes?

I thought they were called slip rings but when I seached on slip rings I didn't get anything that look like those.

Are they made of brass or copper?

Thanks
          DonL
          Don

Comment

Hi Don,

They are made from brass. Most slip rings are built for a specific purpose, so it may be hard to find any "off the shelf" ones that suit yours. I couldn't find any in my area as most suppliers only stocked commutators and not one piece slip rings. Any machine shop should be able to knock up a pair pretty cheaply.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              I already spelled it out and it is simple enough for anyone to wind coils in parallel, charge them and take away the power. It is not more complicated that what I already explained.
              I must apologize; I have been sleeping at the wheel. You have spelled out many things, blind and arrogant I was. Forgive me..... The following was exactly what I was missing.

Directory:EV Gray - PESWiki

Thank you very much; I have some homework to do. I shall return when I am seeing green.

Regards

Comment

parallel coils

Erfinder,

When you have parallel coils and turn off the power, you "short" the coils and prevent the field from collapsing too fast. You force Lenz's law to work in your favor by slowing down the decay of the magnetic field.

So in a solenoid for example, you apply power to parallel coils and it pulls in the shaft/core and if you turn off the power before it gets all the way in, there is no more power supplied to the parallel coils, but that is ok because you still have a magnetic field in the coils that has not collapsed yet and that magnetic field can do work but you aren't paying extra for it. That magnetic field being there will cause attraction to iron, etc...

I'm not trying to throw out any hints - the answer really is out in the open. In this Kromrey device, it is a different application. I'm just pointing out that coils in parallel are something that nobody is openly discussing...until now.

In the back efm vs collapsing field thread, I mentioned that there is a way to allow current to keep going in a coil after taking away the power and having coils in parallel is one way. The Leedskalnin, PMH is another. But the parallel coils is the one I was really referring to. There is current in those coils making a magnetic field and there is no power being delivered to the coil - from an external source after it has been disconnected.

In the Electric Motor Secrets thread, it was alluded to in several ways but was never a "hint" because it was always in the Bob Teal patent from the beginning - clearly available for all to see. Peter posted those quite a while back.

My original look into shorting coils, not necessarily parallel coils was in magnetos and one youtube vid from ...??? had a "perpetual" pendulum where a magnetic switch would close and short the coil. It was a man from Scotland I believe and later said the power came from a CB radio output that the circuit received wirelessly. Maybe it was or maybe it really worked but he doesn't want to admit it.

Anyway, there will probably be other things coming out soon with parallel coils, different applications, discussions, etc...

I don't want to get anyone off track from the Kromrey replication building attempts but just sharing this concept that may be of interest and value to someone.
                Last edited by Aaron; 06-13-2009, 06:13 PM.
                Sincerely,
                Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Blocks on top and bottom of magnet stacks

What are those blocks that are on top and bottom of the stacks of magnets called and made of? Where did you get them from?

What type and power of magnets are recommended?

Sorry if these questions seem nieve and were answered on the video.
                  I bought a copy of the video last week and still haven't received it yet.

Thank you,
                  DonL
                  Don

Comment

Hi Don,

The blocks you are refering to are just mild steel. They help make the U shape that is needed for the converter. To get a custom made U shape magnet costs a fair amount of money, so this is just a cheap way of doing it. The magnets themselves are the same magnets Bedini recomends for the SSG. 25mm x 40mm x 10mm(h). Believe me, the are pretty strong when they are joined like this.

Bedini doesn't discuss the detailed measurments of the device so I have just guesstimated these as I went along. He does go into a reasonable amount of detail in explaining the principles of the device, and this is enough to go and design your own. (IMO, I think that is the whole point of the DVD's) I have just copied his design as to try and not deviate to far away from a design that works.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

coils

Originally posted by dambit View Post
                      Hi Don,

The blocks you are refering to are just mild steel. They help make the U shape that is needed for the converter. To get a custom made U shape magnet costs a fair amount of money, so this is just a cheap way of doing it. The magnets themselves are the same magnets Bedini recomends for the SSG. 25mm x 40mm x 10mm(h). Believe me, the are pretty strong when they are joined like this.

Hope this helps,

Steve
                      Thanks Steve.

Yes it does help.

Does Bedini discuss the coils at all in the video?
                      Size of wire?
                      Number of turns?
                      Length and diameter of coil?
                      Core material?

Thanks
                      DonL
                      Don

Comment

Hi Don,

No he doesn't. As I said, he explaines the principles and some minor info about the build. He does however explain how and why the coils should be wound in a trifilar fashion.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

If you need a north- and a south pole on the U shape magnet stack in the Kromrey, do you have to switch halfway the stack the magnets from polarity and push the top half and bottom half of the stack firmly together?

And can I use, instead of mild steel blocks, longer magnets on top and down of the smaller magnets to form the U shape?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Harmans View Post
                            If you need a north- and a south pole on the U shape magnet stack in the Kromrey, do you have to switch halfway the stack the magnets from polarity and push the top half and bottom half of the stack firmly together?

And can I use, instead of mild steel blocks, longer magnets on top and down of the smaller magnets to form the U shape?

Thanks

Paul
                            Hi Paul,

If you turn half of the stack over and push the two together you end up with the same polarity at both ends. That's not what we want.

As far as using a longer magnet at the end of each stack...... I guess so. I have never tried it, but I'm not sure it would work as well. You want to make the pole turn 90 degrees to make the U shape. If you just used a longer magnet there would be a small neutral area in the center of the longer magnet and this would be inefficient. That's just my opinion so don't let that stop you experimenting. I could be wrong.

Cheers,

Steve.

Comment

I wondered what that top block was, and whether it was a magnet...

If it is steel then one could machine it easily for a very close air gap to the stator if desired

Also, if your coils could move up and down the shaft you could experiment with more or less magnets for greater or weaker field strength.

Or alternately you could place a magnet there and get some laminations from a transformer and bridge the two magnets to complete the flux.

You really can see this thing growing into a beast.
                              "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Small status report: Coils have been wound, still working on core material, coil mounts. The rotor is almost finished, just have to glue second magnet in place. Hopefully I'll have it assembled tomorrow--I can't wait to spin this thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X