No announcement yet.

Bedini's Kromrey Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers Mate. I have put it aside for a while at the moment as I am very busy with work and some other projects. I will get back to it one of these days, and maybe tackle the task of impedance matching the coils... yay tonns of fun!
    You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• Time consuming

Originally posted by dambit View Post
      Cheers Mate. I have put it aside for a while at the moment as I am very busy with work and some other projects. I will get back to it one of these days, and maybe tackle the task of impedance matching the coils... yay tonns of fun!
      Hey,

Sounds like it will take a few long nights to match the impedance, all we
      can do is measure length, count turns, and hope all is even at the end
      I'm an Aussie too and will check out Jaycar for the 45A motor controller
      and buy a 1-4kg spool of small gauge wire.

Keep in touch when you manage some free time to start experimenting
      with the G-Field Gen again.

Regards
      Zero

Comment

• The light flashes

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        I apologize for the slight off topic posts here but I think relevant. I've waited for quite a while for a serious discussion on parallel coils and am pleasantly surprised that John revealed it in this application.

Anyway, here is another system with parallel coils.

And here is the maglev stuff:

https://www.llnl.gov/str/Post.html

"The track contained some 1,000 rectangular inductive wire coils, each about 15 centimeters wide. Each coil was shorted at its ends to form a closed circuit but not otherwise connected to any electrical source."

I'm not saying the Kromrey is like the maglev, just pointing
        out that after you take power away from parallel coils, you really have
        coils that you short into each other. What does this do and what
        is your benefit?

Again, I apologize for going slightly off topic but I just hope everyone
        really takes a look at this concept deeply. What is the nature of coils
        that are in parallel, you charge them and then you take away the power.

Do you want a spike back or do you want an a magnetic field that
        lasts longer than it is "supposed" to.
        Hey Aaron,

This post has cleared up a few questions I was contemplating about the RE applications available utilizing a trifilar coil in parallel.
        Three mains things arose:

1.) This is the simple method to obtain low resistance in a small gauge
        wire and still retain the 500-1000 turns (depending on function)

2.) Is this what Tesla is talking about in his books to achieve a coil with low
        resistance to pump in more RE due to the mutual induction cause by the
        expanding and collasping magnetic fields?

3.) How much of the RE spike is achieved from this increased duration of
        the magnetic field and I have to explore this phenomenon further. Two
        gen coils with equal turns would investigate to peak voltage/time delay
        from the increased on time of the magnetic field .

Regards
        Zero

Comment

• Many in series yet also in parallel. Assembling things in peculiar manner like Coil-pacitor or wth mixing a few ideas...
          Oh, boy ,you all are getting good

Sorry for offtopic, I couldn't resist

P.S. "(...)second, if two points in an electric circuit through which a current rapidly rising and falling in strength is made to flow be connected with the plates or armatures of a condenser, a variation in the current's strength in the entire circuit or in a portion of the same only may be produced; "
          current strength = inertia = local energy amplification effect

Comment

• thanks

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
            Many in series yet also in parallel. Assembling things in peculiar manner like Coil-pacitor or wth mixing a few ideas...
            Oh, boy ,you all are getting good

Sorry for offtopic, I couldn't resist

P.S. "(...)second, if two points in an electric circuit through which a current rapidly rising and falling in strength is made to flow be connected with the plates or armatures of a condenser, a variation in the current's strength in the entire circuit or in a portion of the same only may be produced; "
            current strength = inertia = local energy amplification effect

Hello,

Thats for the tip and yes that what finally dawned on me, so simple and
            thus overlooked it

Regards
            Zero

Comment

• Progress on Kromrey

Hey,

My replication of the Kromrey Converter is progressing very nicely over the
              last few weeks. (Months of research before began to obtain parts)
              Firstly, I'm making a modification to JB's design in that I'm utilizing RC
              components to determine the RPM of the pole pieces via a transmitter.
              Acrylic uprights, top/bottom sections of the housing to allow easy viewing
              in place of the Aluminum used in JB's build.

I had to re-order magnets due to can only obtain strontium ferrite magnets
              here in Australia, Barium ferrite was what JB used and thus made an order
              of 40x25x10mm of the correct type. (China to the rescue)
              And now I have 50 spare strontium ferrite to use in SSG's

I learnt an expensive lesson about having these parts machined and will
              need to invest in a metal lathe as it will pay itself off in no time due to
              amount of custom machining in this project. (plus many other uses)
              However, the precision of the parts is much better than I could hope to do
              in my first attempts and wanted this replication to work as the model in
              EFTV 10.

Copper slip rings, finish re-designing the top/bottom housing sections for the
              plastic machinist and finally, wind the coils with #18 wire as JB suggests.
              (have the wire, but not the hours free as of yet)

Looking forward to completing more over the weekend

Here is a clip testing the RC components on the 26th October 2011.
              Testing RC Components to Run a Kromrey Converter - 26th October 2011.AVI - YouTube

Since then have used the 14V PSU and when added the tachometer tape to
              measure the RPM, it obtained just under 6000 RPM.

P.S - Thankyou Dambit/Steve for posting all your data, plus having me over
              to view your Kromrey replication and experiment for the day mate

Regards
              Zero
              Attached Files

Comment

• No worries mate. Good to see your build coming together, can't wait to see it spin.

Cheers,

Steve
                You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• Originally posted by dambit View Post
                  No worries mate. Good to see your build coming together, can't wait to see it spin.

Cheers,

Steve
                  Thanks mate is now just having to wait impatiently for the last parts made
                  by the plastic machinist so I can bolt the KC together.
                  I'm going to allow 6-10mm adjustment at each of the 4 magnet stacks and
                  thus can fine tune the pole pieces via the magnet stacks.

Regards
                  Zero

Comment

• Building plans

Hi to all I am tracking this discussion for a while and I would like to build one prototipe of kromery generator but could anybody help me with plans, drawings of kromery pleas

with regards VR6

Comment

• Regarding the cooling effect

In the energy from the vacuum 10 video Bedini shows that outside of the kromrey converter, in close proximity, cold air can be felt blowing from the machine.

Milestone in magnetic cooling

This article I found is showing related research at the DTU nat'l lab. It shows that a material, when entering a magnetic field, emits radiation as heat. Then when leaving the magnetic field, the material becomes cooler.

It's a quick read, check it out. They're trying to use the technology for refrigerators that use permanent magnets instead of harsh chemicals to facilitate the cooling. But their trying to use them like traditional refrigerators, where they just blow away excess heat into your home/environment; and only the cooling effect is counted as the usable output of the device to keep the refrigerator cold.

The Kromrey converter seems to be the same device the lab is discovering, but instead of radiating excess heat, the coils intervene and radiate electricity. This way it does useful work on both cycles of the rotor movement between the magnets. One cycle generating electricity when entering the magnetic field. The second cycle generating refrigeration when leaving the magnetic field.

KROMREY CONVERTER

Check out that link for the design of the kromrey converter, its at the bottom of the page, labeled "G-field Generator". The version being discussed in the EFV video is similar to that picture, but the coils rotate instead of the magnets, so sliprings are needed to get the current off the rotating coils.

Comment

• HERE is a book called experiments with Kromrey and a Brandt-Tesla Convertor
                        0P3N S0UR(E 3NG1N33R1NG

Comment

• Originally posted by vr6 View Post
                          Hi to all I am tracking this discussion for a while and I would like to build one prototipe of kromery generator but could anybody help me with plans, drawings of kromery pleas

with regards VR6
                          this guy is saying he has plans for a kromrey convertor he is sellling.

Kromrey Converter Plans by DMR - YouTube

though id rather it be free on here....
                          0P3N S0UR(E 3NG1N33R1NG

Comment

• Hello,

Does anyone know the significance of this wave form?

If so can you share your understanding of it as it applies to this specific magnet-coil topology.

Also, do you know of other means of producing this same wave form; methods which are more or less independent from and or unrelated to this (G-Field or Kromrey) motor-generator design topology.

Regards
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Recently i've been interested in making a Kromrey converter, but currently neither have the parts nor tools to do so. I saw this other motor & thought it could be made more similar to Kromrey's with some slight modifications. If this works it might be cheaper & easier to construct than the original, although I'm not sure it would be as efficient. Please forgive the crudely modified diagram.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Dingus; 05-28-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• @Dambit

Did you get a different motor for your Kromrey?

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X