Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Harmans View Post
    Looks really good Steve!

What kind of sliprings do you use and where can I buy them?
    Hi Paul,

The sliprings are brass and are custom made. I couldn't find anyone in my area that sold them. I am lucky to have found a good machinist who doesn't charge too much as almost everything except the magnets is custom.

Cheers,

Steve
    You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

Thank you Steve, same problem here in the Netherlands, no slip rings, no usable electric motor, no aluminum rods, no copper wire, no… today it seems you have to buy a full equipped car engine, because most of all those salesclerks don't know the separate parts by name anymore. But alright, I have to make these slip rings myself.

I have the Energy From The Vacuum part 10 DVD, but I still have some questions. Maybe there will be more specific info (from John Bedini himself on his website?) about the exact dimensions of the vital parts. Do you know the diameter of the coils core? I guess the core will be a massif steel bar? Fixed onto the nonmagnetic axle.
      Last edited by Paul Harmans; 05-30-2009, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Harmans View Post
        Thank you Steve, same problem here in the Netherlands, no slip rings, no usable electric motor, no aluminum rods, no copper wire, no… today it seems you have to buy a full equipped car engine, because most of all those salesclerks knows the separate parts by name anymore. But alright, I have to make these slip rings myself.

I have the Energy From The Vacuum part 10 DVD, but I still have some questions. Maybe there will be more specific info (from John Bedini himself on his website?) about the exact dimensions of the vital parts. Do you know the diameter of the coils core? I guess the core will be a massif steel bar? Fixed onto the nonmagnetic axle.

Hi Paul,

For my coil cores I just randomly chose a 12mm diameter. The way I have designed it is to use 4 separate cores, each with a 1/4" threaded hole that is 10mm deep. The cores are then connected to each other through the shaft using 1/4" threaded rod. Both the cores and the rod are made from mild steel. The pic should make it clearer.

Cheers,

Steve.
        Last edited by dambit; 03-31-2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks again Steve, seems the right way, I suppose you are drilling a hole in the threaded rod to slide it in, and connect it to the axle? Do you use ball bearings on your axle? (Apologize for all my questions)

Friday evening I did find the correct motor, see picture. It is made in Germany and the specifications are:

VDO (brand name)
          Antriebstechnik (drive technique)
          Type: M48x50/T
          Spannung: 12 V -
          Drehzahl: 3050 1/min bei 10 Ncm (rpm)
          Best. Nr.: 211310 (order nr.)
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,

I am using a 12mm diameter main shaft and have drilled holes through this. This way, as I screw the coil cores together they tighten and grip the shaft.

I think by doing it this way I can keep the centre of the core solid and not have it interupted by drilling a hole though it. Not sure if it makes a difference as far as the magnetic flux goes but you never know.

Cheers,

Steve.

Comment

Hi All,

Just thought I would post a pic of what happens when you forget to reinforce the coils for high speed rotation.

Costly mistake. I now only have one good coil left and need to get the other three rewound.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Good job dambit!

You demonstrate excellent machining skills in your project! With such a jeal, abilities and the replication of a real OU device i think you have great chances in achieving The final goal. Well done.

By the way, can you provide the coils specs?

regards,

Baroutologos

ps: seems to me 24 awg at 50 ohm more or less :P

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

I must confess I didn't do the machining personaly. I pay others to do that. I just stick to doing the designs and drawings.

The coils are trifilar wound and are made of 0.28mm wire with just over 800 turns. Each strand measures between 13 and 14ohms.

I was planing to post a vid of it lighting some bulbs, but seeing as I now have to get the coils rewound, I am hoping to do that tomorrow. If it works that is.

Cheers,

Steve
                  Last edited by dambit; 06-01-2009, 09:15 AM. Reason: my awesome spelling

Comment

dang, Been there Dambit. Force a laugh and move on buddy What else can you do.

Made a good mess of it. At least you see the humor somewhat by posting a pic of the destruction.

Look forward to seeing it in action.
                    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Damit, that sucks! Hey do you want me to untangle that for ya

Good luck,

Mark

Comment

Doh! time and copper are expensive!
                        I hope You are up and running again soon!
                        Hob Nilre
                        http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

Hey Steve,

Been there and done that--I feel your pain, man. I think that from the pictures of the G-field that Ron Cole made that he figured that it didn't matter if you rotated the coils or rotated the magnets. I think if I build one, I'm going to go for moving magnets since then you don't need slip rings and other attendant problems such as coils flying into magnets at high speed.

Good luck with your replication! I'm looking forward to the videos when you're finished!

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                            I think if I build one, I'm going to go for moving magnets since then you don't need slip rings and other attendant problems such as coils flying into magnets at high speed.
                            Hi Shamus,

It would be easier to rotate the magnets but they do weigh a fair bit so a larger drive motor may be needed. Mind you this would mean that the magnets themselves would act as a flywheel and automatically do away with the cogging that Bedini talks about. I think I'll try it that way if I build another one.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Hi All,

Ok... First things first. The converter works.

The reason you are reading this and not seeing a video is because after 2 min of running the machine, another coil unspooled itself.

This is the only remaining design problem I am having, so I will bite the bullet and redesign the coil spools so that they can have an aluminium cover slide over the outside of them. This way I figure they will hold up and look a bit better too. For the short term I will simply cover the coils in heat shrink.

Before the coil shat itself, I did manage to get a couple of readings. Just by spinning the shaft with my fingers I can get upto 5V on the output. While the drive motor was running the meter registered 25V on the output. I had just hooked up a battery to charge and saw that it was indeed charging when the coil went.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Hi Dambit,

I'm not sure how big your coil are but maybe you could put them inside a plastic pipe or even cover them with fiber glass resin.

Comment

Working...
                                X