No announcement yet.

Bedini solid state oscillator and Tesla switch combination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't tune this precisely but I've seen some feed back using LED as diode.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
      Well said mbrown the thing is how to get that perfect tuning to batteries
      To be fair this is not really what is happening in a Bedini type circuit but I think you missed the point. When we oscillate a coil, what comes for free? Its the magnetism. If we place collector coils to collect this magnetism we alter the frequency of the coil oscillation and no gain is made because the energy of the oscillation is drained, but if we use the magnetism to power a motor we still alter the frequency but we gain in mechanical power without reducing the magnitude of the oscillation. This mechanical power from the motor can run a generator.

Trying to use the energy directly drains the oscillation of its energy and we loose the gain. What you put is you get back out, but if we use the magnetic force to create motion, that motion is for free.

Badini's circuits are great learning devices. In the basic SSG it shows how we can collect the radiant but our input is lost so there is no gain in electrical energy. In this modified circuit there should be a gain as the input also goes to the charging battery as well as the radiant. but everyone forgets about the energy in the wheel!!!

If instead of allowing the input to go to waste or charging a battery with it, we use it over and over again by recycling it in the coil we find that our loss is due to ohms law. This can be done by using an LC circuit or by using a switched LC circuit using DC. This way the power stays in the coil/capacitor circuit only requiring a small top up but the magnetism is proportional to the current flow in the resonant circuit and not the input from the source; therefore the motor power is the power in the resonant circuit and not the input.

You can have a resonant circuit oscillating with 100w with an input of just a few watts, therefore you can have a motor running with 100w for an input of just a few watts.

So the answer is not to tune it to charge the batteries but tune it to run a motor and charge the batteries with a generator.

Comment

• Originally posted by quantumuppercut View Post
        Oscillator gives out much radiant energy from spikes but until now I do not see a good method to capture those energy. I don't think it's practical to make a large Tesla tower and send huge spikes around. Those radiation diminish with the squared of the distance and quite disturbing. Right now I'm thinking could transformer mechanics works on radiant energy except near distance. If so, we just need to manipulate the transformer to adjust power factor, I think it's more practical.
        Tesla's Magnifying Transmitters (Tesla Towers) don't sent huge spikes around
        they produce a sine wave at resonance and transmit energy through the
        ground. The terminal is designed to contain the energy and not let it radiate
        or radiate as little as possible.

This below is the resonant wave form of my Tesla transmitter. Tesla states
        resonance is required. Resonance is a sine wave.
        The setup this wave form is from is powered by 12 volts only, the scope
        probe is hanging in free air about 40 cm from the top terminal so the
        amplitude shown on the scope is much less than is actually on the terminal.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers
        Last edited by Farmhand; 11-06-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
          Tesla's Magnifying Transmitters (Tesla Towers) don't sent huge spikes around
          they produce a sine wave at resonance and transmit energy through the
          ground. The terminal is designed to contain the energy and not let it radiate
          or radiate as little as possible.

This below is the resonant wave form of my Tesla transmitter. Tesla states
          resonance is required. Resonance is a sine wave.
          The setup this wave form is from is powered by 12 volts only, the scope
          probe is hanging in free air about 40 cm from the top terminal so the
          amplitude shown on the scope is much less than is actually on the terminal.

Cheers
          Yes, sending energy via EM wave can be one aspect of the Tesla tower, but I guess one can suppress the EM wave and send it via ground. It is more efficient this way in my opinion but require earth as a wire.

Comment

• Having only a pnp transistor left I modified the left circuit.
            I tried it on a NiCd battery which was previosly 'abused' by cheap charger feeding the voltage after the fwbr directly to the battery.

At the loading start the voltage was quite high (above 20V) for a 8.5V NiCd battery. Stopping the charging, the voltage dropped instantly , so these high voltages have nothing to do with the charge level. The battery at first charging start had a high impedance and the coil as current storage device wants to maintain this current level after the switch off of the transistor. (simple)
            Continuing charging and the volts dropped more and more. Measuring after 6h charging the voltage drop noticed when charging stopped was relatively low , about 2 V. At the end it was only about 1/2 Volt.
            I can say the left device out performs all cheap chargers .
            As power supply I used an old switched one from an apple II.
            Last edited by EMCSQ; 06-19-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Battery Types

I want to start experimenting with the 2nd type of ossie's circuit.
              Being no battery expert, I have realized that NiCd , Lead Acid gel - batteries where used in this thread for experimenting. Because I have to buy 4 of them I ask which type is the most appropriate for getting this battery swapper charger (with a net -gain) to run. Would the next two examples be good for the job?

FIAMM FG20721 Bleiakku Ihr Preis 18,00 € bei AkkuLine.de

HAWKER Genesis NP5-12FR Bleiakku Bleiakku Ihr Preis 16,10 € bei AkkuLine.de

Comment

• Originally posted by EMCSQ View Post
                I want to start experimenting with the 2nd type of ossie's circuit.
                Being no battery expert, I have realized that NiCd , Lead Acid gel - batteries where used in this thread for experimenting. Because I have to buy 4 of them I ask which type is the most appropriate for getting this battery swapper charger (with a net -gain) to run. Would the next two examples be good for the job?

FIAMM FG20721 Bleiakku Ihr Preis 18,00 € bei AkkuLine.de

HAWKER Genesis NP5-12FR Bleiakku Bleiakku Ihr Preis 16,10 € bei AkkuLine.de
                I found cheap old fashioned lead acid last much longer than gel batteries. In all cases the gel batteries I used failed in two years or less, when I broke them open I found the gel had dried out, A small amount of overcharging will dry out a gel type battery.

I have only charged small NiCad batteries so cant compare them.

Comment

• small lead acid batteries

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                  This is the best circuit I have ever used to date.

My setup has two 12v4ah lead acid batteries in series as the supply, two in parallel on the return and two on the output. I use a 5 inch fan wired Bedini style as the oscillator and it really works.

If you can match your components so you are working at a C20 rate this thing is fantastic. I have been running it for months now, just swapping the batteries round.

We need to promote this thread
                  Seems you have used small lead acid batteries too ?!
                  I would like to have 4 small ones, to put them on my experimenting table (in my living room) . Having 4 big ones, an one of them spilling out acid would be annoying. (I have found a shop by now)

btw : in the attachment ossie shows the use of an REAC which is only a set of old batteries connected in series and parallel to the charging battery.
                  Maybe another way to enhance the 'charging' capabilities.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• gel batts

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                    I found cheap old fashioned lead acid last much longer than gel batteries. In all cases the gel batteries I used failed in two years or less, when I broke them open I found the gel had dried out, A small amount of overcharging will dry out a gel type battery.

I have only charged small NiCad batteries so cant compare them.
                    Once Farmhand had told that one can put distilled water to gel batteries and that what I did to mine and this idea seems to work.
                    Thanks

Comment

• Batteries

Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                      Once Farmhand had told that one can put distilled water to gel batteries and that what I did to mine and this idea seems to work.
                      Thanks
                      I have done that and it did work with some sealed batteries however, in the long run I found them not worth the effort. They are not made to last long and will eventually fail. Flooded lead acid even small, such as motorcycle or garden mower with semi transparent casing and caps allowing to add water/flush impurities are much better option for experiments. Sealed gel since dried and crust inside can be temporarily rejuvenated by adding couple ml of distilled water on the same principle as giving booster shot to terminally ill patient. In contrary, I was able to restore dead flooded type and even one in my car came from scrap. It will start every time at -10F.

More advanced and solar applications:
                      Best batteries to work with (and use for storage) are deep cycle, flooded lead acid. They can supply substantial energy over long period of time. Car batteries (also referred as starting batteries) have usually standing (resting) V in the range of 12.6 - 12.9V. They should not be taken down below 12.5V which gives just a few mV to work with. Those batteries have been labeled by CCA or Ah capacity which is greatly exaggerated estimate. For instance, 100 Ah will have 70 Ah at most. With respect to C20 discharging ratio it will allow to draw max 3.5A (42W at 12V). Deep cycle battery can be taken down to 10.5V without any harm (C 20 should be respected as well). As an example, two deep cycle golf cart batteries (225Ah) can substitute and surpass ten starting batteries connected as storage bank.
                      Experiments are one thing but for more serious applications including power back up the later ones should be acquired, if possible. They come in 6 or 8V and can be connected as 12 - 24 - 36 etc battery banks.
                      I hope you don't mind long post but I just want to share what I didn't know few years ago and lack of such cost me unnecessary frustration, time and money.

V
                      'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• @blackchisel97

Thanks for your advise. For experimenting I would prefer a flooded lead acid scooter battery 12v5ah. (4 of them) And hopefully I will observe the effect.
                        Later on I think the rotoverter will be a nice tool to multiply the capacity of your batteries. Less solar panels and battery capacity is needed , if you get it working this way. I am only replicating things , that I understand and many others have successfully replicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMCSQ View Post
                          Hello mbrownn

In the thread :
                          Bedini solid state oscillator and Tesla switch combination
                          the above named circuit was discussed . And I have replicated this circuit on the right. I got a saw tooth signal at the coil , as I expected. At the beginning of the increasing level of the saw tooth signal I got a declining ringing effect, which enhances if I remove the core. (it's an I-Core bifilar coil) The frequency of this ringing does not depend upon the coil (whether the core is inserted or not), but the amplitude.The frequency of the sawtooth signal increases if I remove the core. The coil resistance is less 7 ohms each winding. My batteries are 4 * 12 V 5Ah .
                          The 2 in series charge the two in parallel but there is no net gain. Is the coil wrong dimensioned?
                          Which circuit do you prefer : Ossies 'MSG' or Imhoteps bedini fan circuit?
                          This ringing is a resonant oscillation as the charging battery and coil act as an LC circuit.

Most people will not see a net gain on this circuit, I didn't, but they do get a faster charge.

The conditions to get overunity on a Bedini system are as follows

To make it more efficient you need to cycle the batteries many times but only charge them this way, this conditions the batteries.

Next is the charge rate, you need a C20 charge rate, that is you size your setup so that it takes 20 hours to charge the battery.

By swapping the charged and discharged batteries over most people will never see the gain, when you discharge the battery do it on a resistive load at C20 also. The Bedini circuit is inductive and for some reason the batteries don't express any overunity on inductive loads.

Greater efficiencies will also be gained by having a coil of lower resistance.

With a Bedini circuit the overunity is in the charging battery but you must charge and discharge the battery in the most efficient way ie charge at C20 on the Bedini circuit and discharge at C20 on a resistive load. this is not convenient for most people so they don't get the gain. This is the little talked about downside of the Bedini system.

If you use the circuit to power a motor and use that motor with a very efficient generator to charge a capacitor in parallel with the source, the input from the source is reduced and you may even get a small overunity when not at C20.

Comment

• 5Ah/20h=250mA for one battery, charging both batteries in parallel via the ossi circuit with 360mA (should be 500) but it's a switching power supply from an PC using the +12V and -12V leads. (Cant change it)
                            My Coils do have a low resistance. So the requirements are met. A few comments of ossi himself would surely help a lot.

Comment

• SSG TS (SS MSG 3T) Aluminum Air Core Experiment

I enjoyed playing with this circuit and it seems to be a good mod, definitely. I am not looking for overunity, rather I want to desulphate batteries. The meters are there merely to make a visual comparison from one variant to another. I always follow up with the scope and see what is going on, in that view. I'm pretty new to this stuff so any opinions I have are rather subject to my limited understanding, but when comparing this circuit to the 12V/Run 12V/Charge SSG situation, I think there is a simple problem of the Hwave (in the SSG) providing current at an undervoltage situation (when the bench dips downward), backing heat up into the air core. I say this because when I look at well constructed boost converter circuit, the pulse is sharp with uniform width. Ultimately the boost converter runs, charges, and stays cooler than the SSG. By and large this circuit also runs so much cooler. I have not tried the SSG @ 14-18V to charge 12, though.

SSG TS (SS MSG 3T) Aluminum Air Core Experiment Pt. 5 - YouTube
                              Last edited by kcarring; 03-27-2012, 07:11 PM.
                              ----------------------------------------------------
                              Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

Working...
                              X