No announcement yet.

Bedini solid state oscillator and Tesla switch combination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While the 12Ah battery is discharging, I have it on a week 60 Ah battery. In 24 hours it has come up from 11.2 to 14.09, This is more than my SSG can do alone. Great circuit. We will see how many cycles to bring the batteries back.

Comment

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
      Hi nilrehob Ive been testing your circuit and so far I'm quite impressed. A battery that would not rise to more than 12.3v in one week has risen to 13.68 in 3 hours. I expected that the desulfation capabilities might have been reduced but this is not the case, they appear to be enhanced.

Well done

I'm glad to hear that
      All my designs as of lately is incorporating this little feature by a switch:

Its easy to elaborate on this.

/Hob
      Hob Nilre
      http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

hi brown,

can i ask what is the consumption of your setup? and also the output voltage (without charge battery), and the current (amps) circulating to the charge battery when it is connected?

king regards,
        juju

My battery is up to 14.4 now, I' m very impressed

I have lots more difficult batteries to try it on
        Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

I'm drawing 411ma from 24.2v and the spikes without a charging battery are 234v. Sorry for the long wait for a reply, I popped a transistor measuring the spike.

Comment

Did i provoke that? sory so much brother...

and can you measure what amount of current is circulating to your charge battery?

with my JT Charger Setup i have a consumption without load of (12V - 0.2A = 2.4W) my spike without load is 280V

the consumption goes down when i connect the charge battery and the input and output current varys with the charge battery capacity (load)... i have successfully charged a 300A big battery with an input of (12V - 0.17A = 2W) and arround 0.1A going to the charge battery.

I can also charge my small 1.3Ah battery in a few hours with a consumption of (12V - 0.13A = 1.56W) and only 20mA circulating to the charge battery.

It is just a standard joule thief, and i take the spike "a la bedini", very simple circuit and much more efficient that the standard charge!

i will be posting a video testing Jetis Circuit and see what i can get!

King Regards

I'm drawing 411ma from 24.2v and the spikes without a charging battery are 234v. Sorry for the long wait for a reply, I popped a transistor measuring the spike.
            Last edited by TanTric; 08-26-2011, 03:59 PM.
            Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

SSG modification

Originally posted by nilrehob View Post
              I'm glad to hear that
              All my designs as of lately is incorporating this little feature by a switch:

Its easy to elaborate on this.

/Hob
              Hi Nilrehob did you try that modification? How did it go?
              Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hi folks, I tried nilrehobs circuit as solid state and it oscillated on first try. Though I'm using rather large ferrite core and good amount of 18 gauge wire.
                I never had much luck with JT circuits above 6 volts without transistor overheating.
                Though this circuit works well as does bedinis other solid state oscillator circuits.
                Extended tests would have to be made, to see if this has any advantage over standard flyback extraction, though maybe this could boil down to tuning yet again and could show some amazing results.
                Though at 24 volts @ 230 millimaps, 2n3055, 1.5kohm base resistor it charges a 12 volt battery nicely with no heat all in 2n3055.
                Using this bifilar coil, the outside secondary 24 gauge coil is not used. This is older pic from another pulse circuit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                peace love light
                tyson

Comment

Modification

Hi guys I tried this modification but could not get oscillation. Is it ok the modification that I did?
                  Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Won't work

Hi Guruji,

Well the simple answer is it will not work. If you look closely at your drawing you will realize you have the positive side of your charge battery connected to the positive side of your run battery. Now the charge battery is opposing the run battery and therefore no current can flow through to the coil to energize it. If you are trying to connect the batteries like the Ossie Callahan circuit you have to have 24 volts of battery as the run battery to overcome the voltage in the charge battery. Look again at the Callahan circuit and you will see he has 2 batteries in series to supply 24 volts. Hope this helps.

Carroll
                    Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Originally posted by TanTric View Post
                      Did i provoke that? sory so much brother...

and can you measure what amount of current is circulating to your charge battery?

with my JT Charger Setup i have a consumption without load of (12V - 0.2A = 2.4W) my spike without load is 280V

the consumption goes down when i connect the charge battery and the input and output current varys with the charge battery capacity (load)... i have successfully charged a 300A big battery with an input of (12V - 0.17A = 2W) and arround 0.1A going to the charge battery.

I can also charge my small 1.3Ah battery in a few hours with a consumption of (12V - 0.13A = 1.56W) and only 20mA circulating to the charge battery.

It is just a standard joule thief, and i take the spike "a la bedini", very simple circuit and much more efficient that the standard charge!

i will be posting a video testing Jetis Circuit and see what i can get!

King Regards
                      Dont worry about it transistors are cheap here.

I have a different battery on now, 60Ah, and the input is 540mA and output is 600mA. The readings are jumping around a bit as the meter is digital.

one possible explanation for the higher output is the shunt resistor in the meter lowering the input under ohms law. I would need to put in a second meter to confirm if their is a higher amp output.

I must say the charge is going up faster than I expected.

I look forward to the video

Comment

Input voltage is 28.4 volts

Comment

Ossie circuit

Originally posted by citfta View Post
                          Hi Guruji,

Well the simple answer is it will not work. If you look closely at your drawing you will realize you have the positive side of your charge battery connected to the positive side of your run battery. Now the charge battery is opposing the run battery and therefore no current can flow through to the coil to energize it. If you are trying to connect the batteries like the Ossie Callahan circuit you have to have 24 volts of battery as the run battery to overcome the voltage in the charge battery. Look again at the Callahan circuit and you will see he has 2 batteries in series to supply 24 volts. Hope this helps.

Carroll
                          Hi Citfta thanks for response. Yes the ossie circuit is that way postive to positive no? I am using a transformer about 16v output. Is this not enough?
                          Thanks

Comment

Hi folks, I'm running some tests with this circuit using NiMh AA cells.
                            So two AA in series 2.4 volts input with two AA in parallel 1.2 volts in charging end with a couple leds in parallel off flyback diode.
                            Using PNP TIP42, 1.5kohm base and large coil shown in earlier pic posted.
                            It seems to be putting a good solid charge back into the charging batteries.

It does need the kick start switch point, though using 12 volt batteries it does not.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                            Will let you folks know how it goes with swapping the cells back and forth.
                            peace love light
                            tyson
                            Last edited by SkyWatcher; 09-05-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Hi folks, this setup is really working well.
                              The two parallel AA's in charge position are taking a very solid charge and the two series AA input cells are bouncing back almost to the level they started at and even under load the voltage drop is a little less than what the charge batteries are receiving.

Important: When I use AA's, I have to short out the emitter and collector to jump start the circuit, in case anyone has trouble getting the oscillations started.
                              Folks, you should give this circuit a try.

peace love light
                              tyson

Comment

Can you compare the charge relieved with the energy drained?. Is their an overall gain or loss?

Comment

Working...
                                X