Joule Thief Bedini motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joule Thief Bedini motor

Hi.I have been playing around with the joule thief circuit and i am amazed at what i can run with it.Reed switch motors, Dc motors all work great so i thought i would try it with my Bedini Motor.I used my 4 rotor bedini as the test bed as if i got it going i wanted to see if it could run a slave coil as well anyway i am pleased to report that it can.
    It spins really fast on 1.5v and can light the neon.
    It spins even faster with the slave coil connected as both coils are pulsing the one rotor using 2.4volts.I will buy some new batteries and see if the slave will run on 1.5v.It will also spin two rotors off the one coil.
    I have attached some pictures and may make a vid.
    Regards jonnydavro
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jonnydavro; 01-31-2009, 01:18 PM.

jonny are you saying your running all 4 coils from one as a multi coil? Whooly crap man thats impressive. At that watts in thats prob the best solar Bedini contender i have seen man well done. Keep going.

Comment

Hi ashtweth.I am using a combination off two coils.The master and one slave.The other two coils are not connected and have been moved away so there cores don't add drag.I have used my four rotor bedini as it is perfect for testing this out as i don't know what this circuits limits are and i can add slaves and rotors as i improove it starting with some new batteries tomorrow.
      Regards jonnydavro

Comment

Great work johnny. It's always nice to see people doing new things. Or bringing back the old and hidden.

Matt

Comment

Hi.Here is my circuit diagram.
          @redeagle. Thanks
          regards jonnydavro
          Attached Files

Comment

@Jonny

I noticed that you were pulling you negative charging off joulethief driver from the negative terminal of the source battery rather than straight from the coil. That would seem to drop the source battery quicker. Can you clarify as to why you chose to do it this way?

Comment

Looks like..

You are using a car audio capacitor as well in your setup? I have been playing with supercaps with a bedni. Looks very kool. Thanks for sharing, please let us know how your load tests go with the devices you charge up with these.

Thanks
              See my experiments here...
              http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

@redeagle.Not to sure what your refering to.The joule thief part is pretty standard apart from different type off diode and a cap.
                @theremart.The cap is a 60000uf 15v electrolitic.The joule thief will charge it up to 15 volts in a couple off minutes if a load is not paced on the cap it would empty its contents on my ceiling.I got it from a car boot sale for 50p.Bargain.
                Regards jonnydavro

Comment

Hows about you loop L2,L3 and L6 too before the Transistor with a Diode?
                  Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Joule Thief Bedini

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                    @redeagle.Not to sure what your refering to.The joule thief part is pretty standard apart from different type off diode and a cap.
                    @theremart.The cap is a 60000uf 15v electrolitic.The joule thief will charge it up to 15 volts in a couple off minutes if a load is not paced on the cap it would empty its contents on my ceiling.I got it from a car boot sale for 50p.Bargain.
                    Regards jonnydavro
                    Jonny----Great news!! I got mine to run finally. This works just fine. I used super caps front and back (an assortment of 2.5v -- 5F and 10F). I just charged em up and let it run. It was fun to watch.

Lidmotor

Comment

@Joit.Thanks for the idea's.If anything spectacular happens i will let you know.
                      @Lidmotor.Thats great.I new you would get it going when you could spend a little time on it.Any pics?
                      Regards jonnydavro

Comment

Thief SSG

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                        @Joit.Thanks for the idea's.If anything spectacular happens i will let you know.
                        @Lidmotor.Thats great.I new you would get it going when you could spend a little time on it.Any pics?
                        Regards jonnydavro
                        @ Jonny---Sorry but it was such a mess I didn't take any pics or make a video. I am still scratching my head as to what is really going on here. I did make drawings of the setup so I could replicate it.

Lidmotor

PS---Today I did the experiment again and made a video of it . Any comments on this are welcome. -----Lid

YouTube - Joule Thief---Bedini SSG
                        Last edited by Lidmotor; 02-03-2009, 01:50 AM. Reason: video add

Comment

Great job Lidmotor .Some very encouraging results and interesting waveforms you seem to be getting from your setup.The fact that your source battery is maintaining it's voltage is very good news.I know it's a bit early to shout "Are we there yet dad" but i think the combination off a Bedini motor with the joule thief is a winner.
                          It would be interesting to get sephiroth's opinion on the waveform.
                          I hope you are going to leave it running for a bit and see if the voltage holds and maybe you could post your circuit diagram and data here for reference.
                          Great work once again regards jonnydavro.

Comment

1>50>500. Its true.

Comment

Lessons learned from JT/SSG experiment

@ Jonnydarvo---- Well I discovered why my experiment seemed to not use any energy. The battery in my volt meter was going dead and it gave me a false reading. The experiment was still a success and I'm glad that I found the problem before I got too excited. It was efficienct but that's all.
                              Today I setup the JT to run on just one super cap and found that a cell phone solar charger works well with the system. This 'thief' will run for many hours on a 5 farad 2.5v cap. Zap the thing with the energy stored in the internal lithium bat of the solar cell phone charger-- and off you go again.
                              The other thing that I did today was play with a Peltier module to harvest energy from the environment. I had no idea that they could gather energy through induction also. Here is a video of what happened:

YouTube - A Thief with a super cap

Lidmotor
                              Last edited by Lidmotor; 02-07-2009, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X