Superchrging the Bedini SSG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superchrging the Bedini SSG!

I am new to Bedini motors, and I am just trying to make friends and learn. I wanted to share a discovery I made. Since I am new to all of this, I don't know if I found something worth sharing or not. I figured the best way to know for sure would be get some feedback from the experts!

Here is the bottom line. I made a Bedini motor, it would not charge. I tried running it to condition the batteries for about 7 days straight and still managed to come up short on voltage. I had to charge the batteries a few times otherwise my wheel would just stop spinning. Changing the resistance didn't help, it would just slow down too much and eventually stop. I could not seem to achieve anything even close to over unity.

Yesterday I was experimenting with an extra Bifilar coil. It is the exact same as my bifilar drive coil (450 turns of 24 gauge and 27 gauge). Well just for an experiment, I put this coil in between the charging battery and the primary battery and I managed to step up my voltage spikes to 700-800 volts per spikes. I found that there is only one possible way to wire the bifilar inductor, otherwise the voltage spikes actually seem to drain the energy from the batteries and create a highly negative voltage spike instead of the one shown below.

I am sharing this because now suddenly, in the last 2 1/2 hours, I have increased my voltage from 21.49 volts, all the way up to 23.28 volts. This rapid increase is like nothing I have ever seen before. Not only has the current draw subsided drastically, but the charge rate is exponentially higher than before. I will need to do some more experimenting, but it appears that I have reached unity or some over unity by simply adding an inductor between the batteries.

Now, I am new to this, and so I might be wrong in my assertions. I just wanted to share my discovery and see if anyone has feedback on this. Please experiment, and copy the diagram below. With one bifilar inductor, I got a 450 volt increase. By using a 2nd single stranded (it was all I had) inductor wired in series with the 1st one, and used only in between the charge battery (neg) and the primary battery (positive) I stepped up the voltage to 800 volts per spike. There seems to be no limit on how many inductor coils can be placed in series in between the charge and the primary battery.

Ok, go easy on me. I am new to this! What do you think? Have I discovered an easy way to boost efficiency or what? At any rate I am very excited! This is only my 2nd Bedini motor and it appears to be working very well!

Last edited by Huckmubb; 11-04-2008, 08:17 PM.

Hi Huckmubb,

Welcome to the forum.It sounds like you may have found something but I'm a little confused as to how you have this wired up.You say that you're using a bifilar coil between the 2 batteries and I'm assuming that's the 24 and 27 guage winding but judging by the picture you have a single wound inductor sitting on top of that coil but you failed to mention what guage wire and length is that?.So would you mind clarifying a bit more as to how exactly it is you have this wired up.Thx for the input

-Gary

Comment

Hi Gary and Huck

I got a second opinion for you guys from Rick Fredrick. Thanks to Rick .

"I showed something similar to this about two years ago on the lists. This touches on some things we get into in the upcoming Bedini dvds.
      You guys need to remember though how a battery works and it is not all about voltage rise as it is about actual work done by a battery. Voltages can rise on a bad battery very easy with no work being able to be done by that battery. So we can make very high spikes raise voltages easy, but it may not be charging the battery unless you get everything just right. It will take repeated load testing to see the significance of any experiment, sadly a thing that is lacking with many people who have gone made with gold fever.
      Good work though. keep it up.

Rick"

Comment

producing HV with Electromagnets

If i connect 7 or 21 electromagnets in series together that will be generating voltage by moving 21 magnets pass them increase in voltage or decrease in voltage?

or do I have to connect them in parallel to generate more voltage?

I mean does it make a difference how many electromagnets i connect in series or not?

If i want to increase the voltage do i connect more electromagnets (coils with a iron in the middle) in series together or in parallel?

Or does it not matter because you can have 1 or a thousand elecromagnets and the voltage will still be the same.

the speed of the rotating magnets will be about 2750 rpm.

nothing will be connected to the electromagnets as far as electricity or voltage.

the magnets will just be cutting the line of coils to produce voltage and i was wondering what do i have to do to increase the voltage big time.

do i connect a capacitor at each end of each coil and at the end of all the elecromagents place a hv diode or what to collect the voltage and use it.

by the way the magnetic wheel is set up as north south north south (+ and -) in other words AC.

Thanks for yas help in advance!

Comment

theinventor - I'm not sure what you are trying to build... is it a generator you are building or an SSG type motor?
          "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
          Nikola Tesla

Comment

it is a generator

Comment

in the future an SSG Generator. I'm just in phase one. I'm just putting all the peaces of the puzzle together and trying to understand them aswell.

Comment

ok, the energy recovered by the SSG isn't from the induction of the passing magnets. It is from the collapse of the magnetic field formed when power is applied to the coil so you don't have to worry about any generator action at the moment.

An alternating magnet configuration (ie NSNSNS) isn't neccessary and unless you are using a bipolar switch isn't recommended as the coil will first repel the north facing magnets (as it should) and then it will turn on again to attract the south facing magnet but once the south facing magnet has passed the core, the coil will shut off and the magnet will be attracted back to the core and produce drag. So might as well stick with the all north configuration.

Potentially the more turns you use the higher the voltage spike will be as long as you can charge the coil to the same level as a coil with fewer turns. A 500 turn coil will charge much faster than a 1000 turn coil, so you will need to use more amps with the 1000 turn coil to get the benefit of the higher voltage spike.

An alternative is to use recovery coils like I mentioned in the thread titled "Two stage inductance and the Bedini Monopole". By wiring the recovery coils in series but firing the primary coils in parrelel you will also get higher voltage spikes but these spikes will only appear when there is no charging battery. When the charging battery is connected it will simply increase the duration of the flyback voltage but doesn't increase the voltage applied to the battery because of the dynamic nature of the collapsing field ie. it will match the load.

In a nutshell, you don't have to worry about the size of the voltage spikes yet

The best results I have had so far is from a very simple (and small ) SSG built to the spec on peswiki. If you want high performance stick to the spec Once you have mastered it you can then move on and experiment with different configurations. Learn all you can from it.
                Last edited by Sephiroth; 11-03-2008, 07:52 PM.

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                Nikola Tesla

Comment

in fact... I just re-read your posts, and I'm not sure if I understand what your trying to build still! lol... perhaps you could start a new thread so we can discuss it?

Nikola Tesla

Comment

Okay, thanks for your quick response. I have a scooter motor that runs on 24v dc and spins at 2750 rpms. To these i connected a plactic wheel i made from a pc panel. From that i glued about 21 rectangular magnets from Homedepot in a +,- pattern(ac is much more efficient). The motor is running of a 12v battery right now(so spin is not as fast). I wanted to place electromagets real close to the magnetic wheel as to induce a voltage and then to connect a bridge and voltage multiplier (tranformer is much better, for current hogs)to run a tv, something.

Thus, I'm trying to make a situation where the electromagnets with a special electrical circuit (what ever it is) to be so great as to be able to power up anything reasonable.

the motor spins as long as the battery is charge, as soon as the battery is depleted motor stops. But what i have done is put the voltage back into the battery that the electromagnets placed closed to the magnetic wheel induced back to the batter that run the motor. Thus, the end result is a motor that spins a magnetic wheel that induces a voltage in the elctromagnets that charges the battery. This is a system that keeps on working as long as the battery is able to be charge. Perpetual?

what did i just say! any way that what i want to do and thats what i have done(put charge back in to the battery,to keep the motor going).

i want to also build a SSG to spin the magnetic wheel but it must spin the wheel very fast.
                    Thanks for reading my post and responding.

Comment

Generator

LOL, it will be a lot cheaper and easier if you just hook up an inverter to your battery.

Comment

Hi All,

I will have to experiment with this setup .It does appear to me that there might be something to this setup,So I'll have a go at it soon .I think I see something interesting that could be happpening in this circuit .I will try without the inductor coil 1st.Like the attachment file.I certainly would like to get that whole dam EFTV series (Preferrably for a discounted price )but things are a little tight right now .Thx All

-Gary
                        Attached Files

Comment

what i did so far is real cheap and fun. This is not about cheap. If you want to learn, cheap has nothing to do with it. You cant put a price on experience and adventure.

the scooter motor i already had. the batteries i already had. the magnets i already had. the plasitic wheel i made out of what i already had. the coils i already had. This project is not about doing something easier and cheaper. Its about building something you thought of and seeing it come to fruition or fail totaly. These experience and knwoledge that is gained is priceless.

Comment

Btw, what would happen, when you load the Primary Batt same time with a 2nd Motor,
                            maybe a smaller one or similar to the Main,
                            and maybe fed by a Battery, what is allready at the Charge Circuit.
                            Anyone think, all would explode?
                            Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

try and see what happens

Comment

Working...
                              X