No announcement yet.

Bedini SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jetijs, I have been having trouble hooking up more than one transistor to a single trigger. I think from your picture it looks like all transistor emitter terminals are linked together. Do bases simply have appropriate resistors and are they all linked together? I have found some schematics for wiring up multiple transistors and havent been able to follow them properly. Im more of a visual learner...
    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Ren,
      all my transistor bases have their own 100 Ohm 2w resistor and are connected to the 1k pot. The resistors are on the other side of the plate. All the emitters are connected together and to the "-" terminal of the primary battery. I attached a circuit diagram:
      Attached Files
      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

dumping it back into the net

i'd like to add something to the "dumping back into the net" idea.
        I think it will be quite tricky and not worth the effort.
        for starters you will still have to use batteries, because it's the only way you are going to capture the radiant. Then you will have to make it 110v (i'm not sure what US standards are, here in europe its 230v) Anyway, you will also need electronics to sync the sinewave you make, to the sinewave the net produces. otherwise you will "pollute" the net.
        Off the shelf electronics to do this exist, but as i recall they are quite expensive. You can probably make one yourself, but i don't think it will be easy. And i also wonder how much energy these things lose as heat.
        If you'd like to pay less to the energy company it might be easier to run an electric "group" in your house off it. But that's already talking a few kilowatts.

Comment

thanks Jet, I'll pick up some transistors and have a stab at it. Did you find a noticeable difference as opposed to all coils to one transistor?
          "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Yes ren,
            There was a difference. I could get more RPM's if I had a transistor for each strand or the coil instead of only one transistor for all the coils in parallel. I do not know why this is so. Of course there is an improvement in RPM also in one transistor/parallel coil setup, but not as big.

Comment

heres a pic of recent progress. Bedini circuit on three bifilar coils, one trigger three power. Adjustable rpm and amp draw via 1k pot. Two windings not being currently used. Rotor is hard drive 10mm cube neos n/s/n/s/n/s/n/s. Pick up coil of same size as drive coils gets over 15 volts while maintains decent speed.

video here YouTube - pulse motor
              Last edited by ren; 12-03-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

what confuses me is the hook up difference between a transistor with only 3 connections, verses a solid state relay that has 4. what am i missing?

Comment

Hi guys,

i've been playing with a bedini motor for about 4 months now but now I'm having trouble adding a second coil to the curcuit... for some reason I can't find any schematic for it online...

I had it running fine with a second power coil hooked in series with the original bifilar coil and that worked fine but now i've made a second bedini curcuit + coil that I'm trying to hook up but when both are connected it seems to short out the batteries... I must be missing something...

can anyone help?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
                  "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

Sephiroth,
                    look some posts above, i posted a circuit for multiple (in that case three) coils on SSG. Just make sure that your other power coil is aligned 180 or 90 degree apart from the primary coil if you are using 4,6,8,12... ect. magnets. So that when one magnet is on top dead center of primary coil, there must also be a magnet on the top dead center of your slave coil.

Comment

ah! sorry, I missed that!

so only one trigger coil... hmmm

so you cant hook two seperate bifilar coils and bedini curcuits to the same batteries?

I say that as a question, though it looks like the sparks flying off my batteries have already answered it!

I'll try your schematic and just hook the the trigger and power coil in parrelel on the second spool... that should work shouldn't it? ill soon find out!

Cheers!
                      "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                      Nikola Tesla

Comment

I think so. Basically each power coil needs to have its own transistor. But all the transistors are triggered from the one trigger coil. You will need a higher wattage pot in order to use more than 2 transistors.

Comment

Bedini Tape Motor SG

Here is the original vid
                          YouTube - John Bedini SG - 5000rpm draws 1amp, 10,000rpm draws 200ma

I just posted a vid of closeups of this energizer:
                          YouTube - Bedini Tape Motor SG -
                          Sincerely,
                          Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                          Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                          RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

awesome aaron. Thanks for your second vid. I was wondering if the coils were rewound? And do they have cores? I have made something similar using a hard drive platter and 3 bifilar coils, without cores.

Comment

coils and cores

Hi Ren,

I left everything exactly the way the tape motor came. For cores, I'm not sure...I never opened it. I'm uploading a new youtube video showing this energizer charging a cap bank and discharging to a battery using the negative side. When it is up, I'll post a link in the thread on capacitive discharges.
                              Sincerely,
                              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

my SG

i finally put together my Bedini sg, it's a little bodgy compared to other reproductions, but its running!

This is the circuit, i basically kept the same layout as the schematic, so i wouldnt screw up.

It turns out i did screw up, i glued on the magnets backwards, so lets call this a southpole motor

Runs pretty nice, but its not really taking off yet, to what some people refer to as self resonance. I think rpm is around 1000rpm, (dont have tachometer) I know there is a couple of things not optimal on this system.
                                -The magnets are too strong
                                -there should be more magnets on there
                                -The coil only has 410windings, spool wasnt longer.
                                -core material is poor

I'm still playing with the resistor for the trigger winding. it's currently running with a 680 ohm resistor, but that won't get it started. I start it with a whopping 20 ohm!

im still in the process of measuring things but what i have measured:
                                Current draw is 70mA at 10Volts
                                And im now using two identical batteries to charge eachother, it seems to be working but really slow.

Comment

Working...
                                X