Bedini SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wrtner View Post
    This can be a serious problem. I plan to use two layers of duct tape with a layer in between of the green plastic shown in this picture of a pallet of bricks:
    https://www.shutterstock.com/image-p...ting-109398953

It is very strong and is to be found lying around building sites and merchants. I'll give the surfaces to be glued with Araldite a good sanding first.

Don't ever stand in the plane of the rotating disc which should be up against a wall.
    I didn't really respond to your comment very well so I wanted to revisit it. Your idea seems pretty bulletproof. The reason I went off on bike inner tubes and rim liners is that here in Costa Rica, with the heat and humidity things like tape or anything with plastic in it tend to breakdown, come unglued, etc. quicker than in colder climates. Rubber dries out here too, but bike inner tubes last a lot longer than duct tape for instance (which dries out and starts crumbling eventually) and being one continuous piece without any joints to break down gives them a big edge.

Comment

• tuning the sg

Originally posted by 2SeeMore View Post
      I'm using 12 gauge stranded wire. Should I use bigger? Is stranded better or single strand?

The only connectors I have are the alligator clips to the batteries. I soldered everything else. Do the size of the clips make a difference?

I'll get a small bulb and add it to the circuit. As a novice all I can tell is that it will add a bit more resistance, but I suspect there's more to it. What it's purpose?

The 100 ohm resistors I have in are 1 watt. Should I change to 1/2 watt?

I finally found a place with wirewound pots here, but...the smallest is 5k ohms, .2 watts and 150 volts. Will that work?
      Do not use any alligator clips at all. Make sure you have proper terminals connected to the battery.

1 watt 100 ohm resistor is fine.

Bulb gives you a visual indicator of current there. Best to get a feel for it - tune it with the bulb and see what the bulb does.
      Sincerely,
      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Do not use any alligator clips at all. Make sure you have proper terminals connected to the battery.

1 watt 100 ohm resistor is fine.

Bulb gives you a visual indicator of current there. Best to get a feel for it - tune it with the bulb and see what the bulb does.
        Should I stick with the 12 gauge wire or go bigger?

Comment

• batts

Should I stick with the 12 gauge wire or go bigger?
          What are the specs on your big batteries? Sorry if you already mentioned.
          Sincerely,
          Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Voltage of the 25 ma bulb

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            You can put a bulb in series - 25ma bulb like a flashlight bulb or something.
            What voltage should they be?

Comment

What are the specs on your big batteries? Sorry if you already mentioned.
              I'm not sure what specs to mention, but here's the current voltage on them, and the manufacturers stated specs.

I have 2 with pop tops and 2 sealed for now (I can get as many as I want from a couple local parts stores, though I have to pay a core charge for the ones I decide to keep).

The pop tops
              Batt. 1. voltage 10.20.
              AH not listed, instead says CR 120 minutes.
              CCA 570

Batt. 2. voltage 12.49 (was at 12.46 before I got in a few min's of charging with the SG).
              Reserve 55 minutes
              CCA 525.

Sealed
              Batt. 3. voltage 12.46. Reserve 80 min. CCA 460

Batt. 4 voltage 12.14. Reserve 90 min., AH 65, CCA 550.

Comment

• bulb and batts

I'm not sure what specs to mention, but here's the current voltage on them, and the manufacturers stated specs.

I have 2 with pop tops and 2 sealed for now (I can get as many as I want from a couple local parts stores, though I have to pay a core charge for the ones I decide to keep).

The pop tops
                Batt. 1. voltage 10.20.
                AH not listed, instead says CR 120 minutes.
                CCA 570

Batt. 2. voltage 12.49 (was at 12.46 before I got in a few min's of charging with the SG).
                Reserve 55 minutes
                CCA 525.

Sealed
                Batt. 3. voltage 12.46. Reserve 80 min. CCA 460

Batt. 4 voltage 12.14. Reserve 90 min., AH 65, CCA 550.
                12vdc for the bulb.

You're using starter batteries - deep cycles are preferable but starter batts can be used. Never discharge the starter batts below 12 volts.

With starters, they don't have a true amp hour rating, but can be guesstimated. If the cca is 500, divide by 10 for 50 and you have a ballpark 50 amp hour rating. So 50 divide by 20 hours = so 2.5 amps is the preferable draw to get the full capacity out of the battery (if it was a deep cycle).

You will never get that from a starter battery because you can't discharge it below 12 volts without damaging them so you will only get a part of the capacity. Again, don't discharge the starter batteries below 12 volts.

If they're flooded cell batteries, they need to be charged to 15.1 to 15.3 volts and for the third time just so there is no question about it, don't discharge the starter batteries below 12 volts.

You can look at a basic wire size vs amp chart - the 12 awg is enough for 20 amps (for chassis, power transmission, etc.? - doesn't say but it is ballpark anyway). If you limit your draw to 2.5 amps within a 20 hour rated discharge then the wire is rated for 8 times more current than you need, which is good. It is more than just about current carrying capability. On all the output, you want bigger wire than you think you need so as to not introduce any impedance that can kill the radiant output to the charging batteries.

Wire Size and Amp Ratings

https://www.cerrowire.com/ampacity-charts

By the way, your coil needs to be big enough or with enough power windings to give a big enough output kick to push the flooded cell batts to 15.1-15.3. If they're old used batts you're dealing with then you will probably see those voltages no matter what because the sulfation will force the voltage up. Then the voltage drops as you desulfate it I'd recommend both presentations here: Battery Secrets & Battery Rejuvenation by Peter Lindemann.
                Last edited by Aaron; 06-16-2018, 05:51 PM.
                Sincerely,
                Aaron Murakami

Comment

• So much important information exactly at the right time for me, thanks!

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  You're using starter batteries...
                  They’re a lot easier to get here, and one of my goals with the SG is to use it to start a business rejuvenating them.

With starters, they don't have a true amp hour rating, but can be guesstimated. If the cca is 500, divide by 10 for 50 and you have a ballpark 50 amp hour rating. So 50 divide by 20 hours = so 2.5 amps is the preferable draw to get the full capacity out of the battery (if it was a deep cycle).
                  Thanks for telling me how to figure approximate AH for starters. Apart from deep cycle batt's, I'm assuming C20 is the best discharge rate for starters too.

If they're flooded cell batteries, they need to be charged to 15.1 to 15.3 volts and for the third time just so there is no question about it, don't discharge the starter batteries below 12 volts.
                  I really appreciate you hammering the point home. I was going to follow the discharge rate Peter laid out in the video, which would have been a very bad idea.

[/B][/B]By the way, your coil needs to be big enough or with enough power windings to give a big enough output kick to push the flooded cell batts to 15.1-15.3. If they're old used batts you're dealing with then you will probably see those voltages no matter what because the sulfation will force the voltage up. Then the voltage drops as you desulfate it I'd recommend both presentations here: Battery Secrets & Battery Rejuvenation by Peter Lindemann.
                  I hadn’t yet considered modifying anything, but it makes sense that the radiant spikes will go up if the coil is bigger, and that that may be necessary to charge bigger batteries - though I assume additional protective measures have to be incorporated and larger capacity components used, etc.

“Big enough” sounds like increasing the coil size by lengthening the wires. Is “power windings” another way of saying the same thing, or something else? I imagine thicker wire would draw more battery current and be a bad idea. If my existing setup has a hard time getting starter batteries to reach 15.1-15.3, I’ll make another coil.

I did order the Battery Rejuvenation video a few days ago and it’s a huge help, but your clarification that the discharge rates mentioned in it don’t apply to starter batteries almost needs to be included. Though It was about rejuvenating batteries with the chargers and not the SG, I assume the SG was "Charger Model 1" and is a good alternative - especially since the chargers are no longer available.

The model I've built only charges with radiant energy rather than the regauged(?) energy that comes out of the capacitor (or charge batteries in series after the first one). Are starter batteries ready to be used in vehicles after being charged with only radiant energy, or do they need the conditioned current that’s gone through a capacitor or another battery first?

Comment

• sg

Thanks for telling me how to figure approximate AH for starters. Apart from deep cycle batt's, I'm assuming C20 is the best discharge rate for starters too.

I really appreciate you hammering the point home. I was going to follow the discharge rate Peter laid out in the video, which would have been a very bad idea.

I hadn’t yet considered modifying anything, but it makes sense that the radiant spikes will go up if the coil is bigger, and that that may be necessary to charge bigger batteries - though I assume additional protective measures have to be incorporated and larger capacity components used, etc.

“Big enough” sounds like increasing the coil size by lengthening the wires. Is “power windings” another way of saying the same thing, or something else? I imagine thicker wire would draw more battery current and be a bad idea. If my existing setup has a hard time getting starter batteries to reach 15.1-15.3, I’ll make another coil.

I did order the Battery Rejuvenation video a few days ago and it’s a huge help, but your clarification that the discharge rates mentioned in it don’t apply to starter batteries almost needs to be included. Though It was about rejuvenating batteries with the chargers and not the SG, I assume the SG was "Charger Model 1" and is a good alternative - especially since the chargers are no longer available.

The model I've built only charges with radiant energy rather than the regauged(?) energy that comes out of the capacitor (or charge batteries in series after the first one). Are starter batteries ready to be used in vehicles after being charged with only radiant energy, or do they need the conditioned current that’s gone through a capacitor or another battery first?
                    20 hour discharge is how to get full capacity from deep cycles, 10 hour discharge you get about 90% of the capacity and 5 hour discharge, you get about 80% of the capacity. This doesn't apply to starters - dividing the cca by 10 so you get about 10% of that as amp hours is just a very flimsy ballpark. However, I would stick to the 20 hour discharge you come up with for a starter battery from full charge down to 12 volts.

Peter's recommendation is a good recommendation, but he is talking about deep cycle batteries. Those can be brought down to 10.5 with no problems since they have much thicker plates than starter batts.

If you have one power winding at 130 feet long of 18 awg and that is connected to one transistor - that is one power winding. On the same coil form (bobbin) - if you wind two wires together at the same time and each are the same size and length and the 2nd is connected to a second transistor, that is 2 power windings. Many people build these with 7-8 power windings and 1 trigger - all wires same length and wound together on the same core - good idea to twist them all together before winding.

If you have a coil with 1 power winding and 1 trigger, it will not be able to push a battery as strong as 2 power windings and 1 trigger and so forth. Each winding gives you a stronger magnetic field and therefore a stronger inductive spike to push the battery.

The rejuvenation/battery secrets video's main intended purpose applied to the chargers we sold, but it applies to the radiant spikes as well. First commercial charger we offered was a radiant spike charger - it was exactly based on the SG. After were all cap dumps or linear current chargers.

The cap discharge is more advanced but not that difficult. I'd experiment with the radiant spikes first on the SG to learn more about how it works, then look into charging caps and discharging caps.
                    Sincerely,
                    Aaron Murakami

Comment

Many people build these with 7-8 power windings and 1 trigger - all wires same length and wound together on the same core - good idea to twist them all together before winding.

The rejuvenation/battery secrets video's main intended purpose applied to the chargers we sold, but it applies to the radiant spikes as well. First commercial charger we offered was a radiant spike charger - it was exactly based on the SG. After were all cap dumps or linear current chargers.

The cap discharge is more advanced but not that difficult. I'd experiment with the radiant spikes first on the SG to learn more about how it works, then look into charging caps and discharging caps.
                      Thanks for explaining what power windings are. Mine has 7 twisted together as described.

It sounds like your answer to whether batteries charged only with radiant spikes are ready for use in vehicles afterwards is yes and that the radiant spike charging process doesn't produce batteries weaker than or inferior to those charged by caps.

If not please correct me as my idea for now is to both learn from the SG as is without doing any more mods - as you're suggesting, and to sell the successfully rejuvenated starter batteries as being ready to use in vehicles.

Comment

• The reason I was asking about whether batteries charged with radiant spikes are ready to go was because I read somewhere that you can't use a battery charged with radiant spikes to be your run battery with the SG, so it made it sound like they're lacking some final step or something.

Comment

• Recharging the run battery

I mentioned having read that you can't use the charge battery as a run battery if it was charged with radiant energy. No one has confirmed if that's correct, but if so, if I don't want to use a conventional charger to recharge my run battery, how should I recharge it, or another battery that will take its place?

Comment

• spike vs cap dump

Thanks for explaining what power windings are. Mine has 7 twisted together as described.

It sounds like your answer to whether batteries charged only with radiant spikes are ready for use in vehicles afterwards is yes and that the radiant spike charging process doesn't produce batteries weaker than or inferior to those charged by caps.

If not please correct me as my idea for now is to both learn from the SG as is without doing any more mods - as you're suggesting, and to sell the successfully rejuvenated starter batteries as being ready to use in vehicles.
                            Batteries that are charged and conditioned over time with the spikes sometimes cannot be charged with normal hot current chargers or even cap dump. They're not weaker, but the type of energy is different than hot current, which has different effects.

That is one of the reasons the commercial ones went to cap dump immediately after is because it was desirable that they are still compatible with normal chargers.

If you want to start selling rejuvenated batteries to others, it is a good idea to get to the cap dump method and experiment with that.
                            Sincerely,
                            Aaron Murakami

Comment

Batteries that are charged and conditioned over time with the spikes sometimes cannot be charged with normal hot current chargers or even cap dump. They're not weaker, but the type of energy is different than hot current, which has different effects.

That is one of the reasons the commercial ones went to cap dump immediately after is because it was desirable that they are still compatible with normal chargers.

If you want to start selling rejuvenated batteries to others, it is a good idea to get to the cap dump method and experiment with that.
                              I didn't see the obvious reason. It makes complete sense.

I also read somewhere that there's a way to set up multiple charge batteries and that the ones that come aftert the first one receive current that's been conditioned by it (rather than receiving the spikes), and thus will work as run batteries (and if so, with regular chargers/alternators too).
                              Is that, or some variation of it, correct?

Comment

• Hey Dennis,

I don't know if you're still checking in on this thread. If so, I sent you a private message a couple weeks ago - basically to see if you've ever made a capacitor discharge.

I think I figured out the answer to the question I sent you, but I have a few others. If you read this and are up for offering some more help, please reply to the PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X