Bedini's Monopole Energizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini's Monopole Energizer

Starting this thread for the discussion of John Bedini's Monopole Energizer as outlined in this patent:

US Patent 6545444 (2003)
    http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT6545444
    (oddly google is giving me "Internal Server Error" just for this patent)

(image hosted by Rex Research)

Full details of the patents can be found on Rex Research
    www.rexresearch.com/ bedini/bedini.htm

The main differnece between the Monopole Energizer from the SSG and Schoolgirl Motor is primarily the fact that it charges a capacitor with the flyback voltage and then discharges the charged capacitor (by any means eg, mechanical contact, SCR, or relay) into a charging battery bank.

Also, the front end isn't directly connected to the back end as in the SSG. A recovery coil is used and so the coil is normally Trifilar (one primary coil, one recovery coil, and a trigger coil) though it can have many more wires.

It is said that this is the setup neccessary to swap the batteries indefinatly as it converts the output of the coils into a form of energy that is better suited to run inductive loads than direct output into the battery.

It is recommended to use high farad capacitors and to discharge them around 2 volts above the charging voltage.

If multiple coils are to be used, then their recovery windings should be wired in series assuming they are synchronous. However, if the coils are firing independant to each other, then each recovery winding will require its own bridge recifier before being wired in parellel to the capacitor.

The trigger winding can also be substituted for another method of triggering. Bedini has been known to use a Hall Sensor.

I think that is everything covered Other than the differences listed above it is pretty much identical to the SSG setup.
    "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
    Nikola Tesla

Another schematic for the Monopole...

FYI..

Thanks Seph for opening this up
    Attached Files
    See my experiments here...
    http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Something interesting is to measure the voltage at the bridge without a capacitor or load in place. While monitoring it connect the negative leg of the bridge back to the - of the battery

I have a monopole at home that has the negative of the bridge tied back to the emitter, and the positive to the cap. The negative of the cap is connected to the positive of the run battery. Interesting results.

I also think that there is something about the mechanical contact in the positive leg of the circuit. Something different to the cap pulser.
      "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

[quote=ren;28244]Something interesting is to measure the voltage at the bridge without a capacitor or load in place. While monitoring it connect the negative leg of the bridge back to the - of the battery

I have a monopole at home that has the negative of the bridge tied back to the emitter, and the positive to the cap. The negative of the cap is connected to the positive of the run battery. Interesting results.

Hi Ren,

Thats an interesting idea,How did the run battery hold up.If you dont mind me asking

-Gary

Comment

I'm trying it now...

I set my cap to charge to 2 volts before discharging and then altered the configuration to the way Ren suggested. The cap now charges to just over 1 volt in the same time but the primary battery is dropping very slowly... pretty much at a standstill in fact but it has only been running for half an hour so too early to tell if the apparently extended run time out-weighs the cost of the extra charge in the caps... will let you know how it goes.

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
          Nikola Tesla

Comment

Ok a question I would like to deal with...

With the monopole, how much voltage/amps should be the max for 6 transistors ( I am trying to gauge how hard I should be driving my setup )?

Watching the videos of Bedini, he uses up to 10 AMP on the large machine, and much less for the smaller machines.

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

I find 200-300ma to be about average per winding. It will probably vary a bit depending on wire guage, length of wire, number of turns etc... anything over 500ma would be too much and would generate alot of heat.

Not absolutly sure about the configuration of John's big monopole, but I believe I read somewhere that each coil has 5 windings. My guess is that 4 of those windings on each coil are primary/slave windings which would make 250ma per transistor.

I think the fifth winding on each coil would be a recovery winding and I don't think it has a trigger coil.

If all 5 windings are primary/slaves then it would be 200ma per transistor.

Nikola Tesla

Comment

Then again, I don't think he is running it on 12 volts either... I think it is 48v. With 12v I find a 25% (approx) duty cycle gives the best rpm so a higher voltage might reduce his duty cycle to around 6-7%... but I'm just speculating...

does any know if John has posted the complete details of his big monopole anywhere?

Nikola Tesla

Comment

Big machine specs...

From

John Bedini and Peter Lindemann's Medium and Large Motor-Energizer Project

"In the last few months, John and I have built two large, multi-coil machines. One of them runs on 24 volt, 450 amp-hour batteries and charges a second equally large battery bank. The second one runs on 24 volt, 1600 amp-hour batteries and charges a second set of equal size. This last unit is our first set of experiments with a battery large enough to run a solar home! At the end of the charge cycle, these 1600 amp-hour batteries are boiling at 31.2 volts!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                    I'm trying it now...

I set my cap to charge to 2 volts before discharging and then altered the configuration to the way Ren suggested. The cap now charges to just over 1 volt in the same time but the primary battery is dropping very slowly... pretty much at a standstill in fact but it has only been running for half an hour so too early to tell if the apparently extended run time out-weighs the cost of the extra charge in the caps... will let you know how it goes.

Its an interesting config. Sep, try tweaking your base resistance on the front end while monitoring voltage in the cap. I posted a thread about this earlier but no one replied/noticed. I found that at certain resistances voltage in the cap was higher, and it wasnt necessarily the lowest resistance. I think the thread I posted was called alternate tuning method.

I found that it did extend run times on the front end somewhat.
                    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

ren

I've modified my SG, to runnit with Hall IC and trigger coil as recovery....

I can not, controll amp drawing, so. Now S pole

SETUP N-S-N-S, give good torque but amp drawing is up

What you think?
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs. Apple CEO

Comment

Hi patmac, i have succesfully modified my bedini sg with the hall sensor ic, it switches with north and south (es211 http://www.eastera.com.cn/data/ES211-ENb_a.pdf ), i put 2 power coils with two mosfets irf740b, 12 volts battery, a voltage divider for irf740b (basically two resistors), it draws 200ma at 12v and it run like a tornado and have significant torque, and the back emf production is ok, plus i have a additional coil on the back of the power coil, YES on the back and is producing some unusual power 6 volts 100 ma.

One power coil drives the south magnet and another power coil drives the north magnet, so no especial and difficult circuit is needed .

I will upgrade it, so no videos because it looks horrible.
                        Last edited by darkwizard; 09-05-2008, 03:50 PM. Reason: gramatic errors

Comment

Originally posted by darkwizard View Post
                          Hi patmac, i have succesfully modified my bedini sg with the hall sensor ic, it switches with north and south (es211 http://www.eastera.com.cn/data/ES211-ENb_a.pdf ), i put 2 power coils with two mosfets irf740b, 12 volts battery, a voltage divider for irf740b (basically two resistors), it draws 200ma at 12v and it run like a tornado and have significant torque, and the back emf production is ok, plus i have a additional coil on the back of the power coil, YES on the back and is producing some unusual power 6 volts 100 ma.

One power coil drives the south magnet and another power coil drives the north magnet, so no especial and difficult circuit is needed .

I will upgrade it, so no videos beacause it's look horrible.
                          Hi Darkwizard,

May you post the schematic?

Selamatg

Comment

This is not the thread, but:

This is all reed switch/mosfet motor, it will run with south and north , but you have to do a special timing wheel. I have modified my circuit with hall sensor ic but my software doesn't have the hall sensor option, so i havenīt schematics with the upgraded circuit. Sorry!

In order to switch correctly the mosfets with the reed switch you will put a special timing wheel, i canīt explain how to do the timing wheel because my english is so limited.

I have upgraded my mosfet pulse motor with the hall sensor, like in a cooler 0pc fan.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by darkwizard; 09-05-2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

In order to have the circuit performing you will use the mosfet that the schematic shows, so if you have to put 24 volts input power you will calculate the resistor with the simple voltage divider ecuation, irf740b is rated for 10 volts max for gate voltage, so if you don't want destroy the mosfet you will do like in the schematic!

I have upgraded my circuit with hall sensors but it is on my head, my software is limited and doesn't have a hall sensor in order to do the schematic! sorry

The extra coils, are not showed in the diagram, but it is the Doug Konzen idea.

I have been doing like Bedini will do, thinkering with it, it is the right track, build it, love it and thinkering with it, because it is a living thing , vacuum energy is doing his job.

The Tree of life contains the sephiroth that are the fruits of life.
                              Last edited by darkwizard; 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM. Reason: Forward

Comment

Working...
                              X