X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ray stewart
    replied
    self runner idear

i found that the faster the wheal spiins the more power "watts" it draws and although the return current increases there is a point that "at about 90 rpm" the return power "watts" appears to exceed the input "watts" any whear from 125% up to200% i thought
    the slower the rpm the less friction in bearings etc this can be demonstrated by measured by the drop of100 rpm over time from a high say 1000 rpm to 900 rpm
    compaired to the time it takes to go from 100rpm to stop
    so l lthough my elictrical spike may not be as big as it could but i have less losses from friction and way less power draw
    i want to alter the least number of things possible before reaching out so first batteries and measuring before and after power
    i would also like to see how much sedement they produce as this may explain away the "radiant" idea
    i am not a chemist but will be looking into it

Leave a comment:

• Inquorate
    replied
    Ideas

@ ray stewart - If you're wanting a self runner, go for capacitors, as they accept the radiant event (voltage spike) better than batteries. You will have to condition the caps many times, they become more efficient.

See dmonarch's radiant matter thread for info on why.

/ I would have thought a quick turning wheel would be better - quicker coil core magnetic field collapse = bigger voltage (radiant) spike.

As for collecting torque with pulley wheel of axle, a generator is less effective at producing electricity? I think. Any load will drive up the amperage to spin your wheel.

Maybe find balance between drive coil and collector coils.

See my video here:

YouTube - lenzless bedini motor - no transistors

Good luck! I hope others here answer some of your other queries or point you in the right direction.

Reading the posts on this site is the best source of information on the web. Often when I google my queries, I get links to energeticforum.com, and often I see the questions I posted here.

Take care

Leave a comment:

• ray stewart
    replied
    another thought

if you put two coils onto one motor with 2 circuits so 2 moters one charging the drive battery of the otherand running off the others charge ing battery allyou need is to be out of phase from one another and isolate eahh other your frictional losses should be halved and driving current reduced too
    i guess you could build a polly phase moter
    any circuit idears to isolate moters???

Leave a comment:

• ray stewart
    replied
    self runner idear

ok i would like to make my moter self run
    a fue thoughts
    first it is designed to recharge the seckond battery so if you continually swap the batteries around it should run or self run
    now as i see it one pulse from one thence from the other
    i am using a bike wheal turning slowley so using a reed i can get a signell for every magnet
    this signell can be used in a flip flop sr to change the batteries back and forth every firing
    now if you substute the batteries for caps charg the caps start moter do you have a self runner
    you could incorperate the earlier scematic of jetijs to grab some of the torque to also feed the system
    i have a circuit for the flip flop but have to work out how to post it and i also need to change values of components some help? also i dont know how to put the little quote at the bottom of posts
    has any one tried this?????

Leave a comment:

• redeagle
    replied
    That's what i was thinking i was gonna have to do. I have a set of bearings that i can use but i may end up haveing to put a bushing on the axle to make it snug on the wheel. Won't know till I get the axle and bearings out of the wheel.

Leave a comment:

• Inquorate
    replied
    Bicycle wheel

Use the back wheel, and make your pulley the pedal cog.

Edit: I just realised you want the bicycle wheel to drive the pulley. For that you would have to fix / weld the wheel cog in place so the wheel doesn't free spin.

If you're working with a front wheel, I'd put it on an axle.
    Last edited by Inquorate; 03-09-2009, 06:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• redeagle
    replied
    Originally posted by ren View Post
    I havent built it yet. Fets arent my favorite thing to work with. I used a similar principle but with commutation. Not many people are aware of that patent, let alone attempt to build it.
    What's the best way to attach the bicycle wheel to a pulley, try to attach it to the spokes or replace te bearings so the wheel is fixed to a rotating shaft?

i figure it has to be done to power a load anyway so i am trying to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• ren
    replied
    I havent built it yet. Fets arent my favorite thing to work with. I used a similar principle but with commutation. Not many people are aware of that patent, let alone attempt to build it.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Hi Ren

I am very interest in the "Device and Method for Pulse Charging a Battery and for Driving Other Devices with a Pulse" I've had the schematic for a while and have been thinking about building the circuit to see what happens when you connect it to and ordinary dc motor. Have you built this circuit and if so what did you observe?

Leave a comment:

• Inquorate
    replied
    I'm back! I'm back!

Ouch, my back! My back!

my back is a little better - painwise - but I believe pinched nerve is responsible for almost unbearable pain in my leg, accompanied by numbness. Weird.

Seeing a neurologist and getting ct scan nxt week.

Tnx for asking!

Ps I'm off work till 20th so pretty much any time you want to drop round, feel free.

Jaycar has metal layered plastic wheels next to the plastic screws that will probably make a great Commutator.

When I was working on my high speed mechanical switch, I put electrical tape on the bits I wanted 'on' and superglued the gaps. When the glue dried, I removed the tape and viola.

Never tested it though.

Ps ren if you do drop round don't forget the bedini video :-)

Leave a comment:

• ren
    replied
    Yeah the capacitive discharge was an interesting experiment. Put quite simply, the battery is never directly connected to the coil....ever. This is similar in principle to Bedini's U.S. Patent 6,677,730 issued January 13, 2004 for a "Device and Method for Pulse Charging a Battery and for Driving Other Devices with a Pulse".

I will be doing some more when I get a better commutator built.

BTW Ben, hows your back?
    Last edited by ren; 03-06-2009, 11:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Inquorate
    replied
    Commutator battery capacitor

When I was at ren's place he said he made a Commutator on his bedini that caused a capacitor to load up between firings of the coil: then would disconnect the cap from the battery and to the coil to fire.

I'll be doing something similar with my veljko oscillator

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    self runner

Redeagle,

I've gotten around the battery problem by using caps because they don't care if you're charging them and powering a load from them at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• redeagle
    replied
    Sounds good Jetijs. I guess the only thing after that is keeping the battery in condition some how. After all bedini has some thats been running for years now on the same batteries.

Thanks

Edit:I know that you have to rest the batteries between charging and discharging. And for most batteries you have to cycle them or risk losing capacity. But from what I understand from what aaron said about his self runner and gel cells is that over time the gell dried out. What I don't know about the people that have done self runners is if they cycled their primary batteries and let the motor charge them back up or if they just let them run flat out. And what kind of batteries were they using?
    Last edited by redeagle; 03-06-2009, 05:19 PM. Reason: addition to post

Leave a comment:

• Jetijs
    replied
    Hi Matt
    A some years ago I tried this selfrunning circuit:

It is basically a standard Bedini SSG circuit but with a recovery coil connected. The recovery coil stays open all the time per revolution excpet this one moment where the neo magnet triggers the reedswitch, this in turn turns the relay on and the relay disconnects the SSG circuit from the primary battery and connects the primary battery to the recovery coil, so that the recovery coil discharges into the primary battery. The recovery coil should have many windings so that it can produce at least 30V across bridge rectifier when put near the spinning magnets of SSG. The more the better. Then, if you leave the coil open and connect it to the battery only at correct timing, you will get HV across the coil around up to 2000V. If you do this switching right, there will be no additional drag on the wheel and the primary battery wont lose its charge or might even charge up. I did not try to recover the energy from the secondary battery, if all that recovered energy would also be transfered to the primary battery, then the results could be much better. The think is that the battery does not like to be charged and discharged constantly at high rates and it eventually dies. But since you have nothing to lose, you can try it My experiment was very crude, a better switching could be used for better results.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X