Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini SSG Machines

Hi Rickoff,

The long cylinder rotor was just another test to compare different features. Out of that, the 6 coiler and the 12 coiler, the 12 coiler is the optimum one to make.

I was at John's shop quite a bit off and on when he was making those. It was when Peter was working with John several years back.

Have you seen John's posts where he discusses what degree he wants the triggering to happen? I think just about all the specs on magnet spacing, etc... can be extrapolated from it.

You will get more output with more coils and multiwinds. 2 coils will not necessarily be twice as much as 1 coil, but could be more.

Aaron

"
    In the above post, and based upon 3/4" magnet width, the 2.4" spacing between magnets of the 6 coil radial arrangement would be equal to a spacing of 3.2 times the magnet width, which falls at the low end of the optimal spacing range. The 3.96" spacing of the 4 radial coil (x3) unit increases the spacing to about 5.3 times the magnet width, which is at the high end of the optimal spacing range, from what I understand. It seems reasonable to assume that John would not have gone ahead with the increased spacing design for the 12 coil unit unless he felt certain that the increased spacing would result in greater efficiency. Do you know if the results actually proved the assumption as correct? I don't know if this is the right place to be discussing the subject at hand, and you are more than welcome to move (or suggest a move) of this thread to a different location within the forums. Thanks

Thanks for the nice welcome, Aaron. Your posts have been of special interest to me, as I find that you are very knowledgeable on the subject of Bedini motors. I was just looking at some great construction photos at New Page 2
    and a few questions come to mind that perhaps you can shed some light upon. The last photo in this series shows a completed 6 coil unit, which I assume was the forerunner test design for the 12 coil unit shown at the left side of the workbench in photo #2. I am wondering why it was decided to reduce the number of coils, radially, from 6 to 4 on the 12 coil model. Was that done to increase the circumferal spacing of the magnets from 2.4" to 3.96", which would appear to be in the optimal range? (I am assuming the magnets are 3/4" width on both models, and that the the number of coils matches the number of magnet positions in the rotor of both models.)
    "
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your reply. I assumed that the 12 coil unit was the optimal one, but just wasn't sure why he went to 4 coils radially rather than 6, as in the forerunner. Can you provide a link to the posts by John, regarding the triggering, that you are referring to? Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I can see, in the photos, that each coil has four windings to make up the 48 charging circuits.

Thanks for your assistance, Rickoff
    Last edited by rickoff; 06-07-2008, 07:48 AM.
    "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

The Special Super-Pole Configuration

Aaron,

Have you shared the special super-pole configuration for SSG with John Bedini? I want to build a new SSG so I would like to know If you still recommend using the special super-pole configuration?
      Thanks!

Elias
      Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
      http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

timing comments by Bedini

Hi Rickoff,

It was in the yahoo groups. The Bedini SG one that Sterling shut down recently. Look in the last 1-2 months of messages posted. You can search by John Bedini to see which ones he posted himself.

It is all about the timing.

The group was continued in this new group:
        Monopolemotor : MonopoleMotor
        Sincerely,
        Aaron Murakami

Comment

superpole comment

Hi Elias,

I'm not sure if John knows or not. I have to go out to his shop to talk with him on some other things and will ask him.

Here is what I know:

1. Kevin achieved incredible charging in his batteries. For every amphour expended from the input battery, he was able to draw 2 amp hours out of the battery being charged. It was a real charge, BK batt capacity analyzers, etc... were used and it was not only there, it powered loads.

2. The other superpole configuration was used PLUS an earth rod from ground through diode to + of battery being charged...around the earth rod was a bunch of potash added + a LOT of conditioning charging, draining...non stop DAILY for MONTHS. There was virtually no letup on the charge/discharge cycles.

I do not know 100% how the extra came about. I understand it can be done with proper charging/discharging over and over non-stop. But how much was from the magnet configuration and how much from the earth rod? I don't know.

It is possible with the regular Bedini superpole configuration + the earth rod setup that maybe there would be 3-4 times as much coming out.

The scalar potentials from the magnets are not work in themselves but when mixing several of these potentials together, they form real current in the charging batteries and that real current is work that doesn't come from the circuit.
          Sincerely,
          Aaron Murakami

Comment

update

--------------------------------------
            update 5/22/08

Thanks for your help at steering me in the right direction, Aaron. I did find information about timing at the original SG forum site, and also found a nice schematic showing a 12-coil circuit using a single trigger ( see http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sMI1SJ_...%20Machine.jpg ), so most of my questions are now answered. Thanks again, Rickoff
            "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

another ssg pic link?

You're welcome Rickoff! Do you have another link for that pic? The one you posted doesn't come up for me.
              Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Comment

How to get there from here...........

Hi Aaron,

The link I provided does work - I just tried it - but you must be signed in to Yahoo groups first. Go to Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities and make sure you're signed in, then click the link I posted. It looks a bit blurry on my 19" diagonal widescreen monitor, and it won't print well either, so I copied it and loaded it into Adobe Photoshop and resized it for a landscape 11.5" page in jpg format, and I can now view or print out the full diagram much cleaner. Here's an attachment of same: Mono_Pole Multi-Coil Machine schematic.jpg

To save the jpg image to your computer in best quality, right-click the thumbnail image and choose "Save Target As."

Rickoff
                Last edited by rickoff; 05-23-2008, 07:09 AM. Reason: added attachment jpg image

Comment

Cylindrical Bedini Machine Rotor

After recently joining the energetic forums, I was reading through the "Bedini Schoolgirl" thread (http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...choolgirl.html ) and found a post by Kevin (dated 8-12-2007) in which he stated that he would be building an eight coil machine with 32 circuits to power his home. This greatly interested me, as energy independence is my goal. I wrote to Kevin, and later had a phone conversation with him which was very interesting and informative. Kevin said that his concept was to use a 3 foot length of 6 inch diameter PVC pipe, with endcaps, for the rotor, and that the rotor would be mounted on a 1/2" diameter through-shaft with bearings in the endcaps. He had already purchased the above named parts some months ago, but hadn't had time to work out the actual construction methods he would employ. In thinking about the construction mechanics, I began wondering if a through-shaft would be suitable for a 36" length cylinder. My thought was that the shaft would probably tend to wobble slightly at its center, causing vibrations. Also, I wondered if a steel through-shaft would interact with the rotor magnets in either a positive or detrimental way. Aaron - if you are reading this perhaps you could share your thoughts in that regard, and also anything you might remember about Kevin's "tube" concept. I hope that Kevin will also jump in here with his thoughts. Anyways, if it would be detrimental to use a common steel shaft, then certainly a non-magnetic stainless steel shaft could be used. In beginning a design concept for my own cylindrical rotor, I decided that I would use a 1" diameter x 6" long stainless keyed shaft at each end of the rotor. Each shaft would be attached to the rotor's end caps using a flanged shaft collar, and would be supported by two flanged bearings mounted on upright supports made from polycarbonate cutting board material. Incidentally, I found a great deal on the flanged bearings at this website: 1" Mounted Bearing UCF205-16 + Square Flanged Cast Housing:Ball Bearings:VXB As you can see, the bearings are heavy duty and the 4 bolt flange comes with a grease fitting. A bearing insert with shaft-locking set screws is a nice feature for shaft adjustments and added stability. And all for just $9.95!! I found some quality stainless shafting at mcmaster.com, and I decided on the 1" shaft because I want to mount a hefty flywheel beween the bearings on at least one end of the unit. I made a preliminary drawing of the attachment concept and posted it at the following site: Bedini Tube style SSG - Windows Live SkyDrive Please note that this is just a preliminary concept sketch made freehand in MS Paint, and nothing is actually drawn to scale. I also did not attempt to show the fastening details, but all will be accomplished using 1/4 - 20 stainless steel capscrews. I also posted a picture, at the above link, of an object that I may use for my rotor. It is a rigid hexagonally shaped tube with one stationary endcap, and another endcap that is spiral threaded for easy removal. It measures 39" overall length, and 6 3/4" in diameter from flat #1 to flat #5 of the octagon. I found 3 of these at the local recycling center, and it instantly popped into my head that they might make great rotors, so I took them home - for free! They are very tough. I tried standing on the center of one and it had no give whatsoever. They are constructed so as to be filled with about 75 pounds of sand, and placed in the bed of a pickup truck for improved traction during winter driving - a much better idea than the plastic bags most folks have been using, including myself. I don't know who manufactures these, as there are no identifiable markings on them. I like the idea of the flat octagonal surfaces, as it simplifies magnet mounting and will also reduce air drag caused by magnet protrusion along the perimeter when compared to mounting on a round tube. My first step will be to determine if the octagonal rotor will rotate precisely enough so that runout will not be a problem. If it checks out okay, I will attach it to my shaft assemblies and mount all of that on a firm baseboard made of 12" x 48" melamine shelving stock. My plan would be to build a 12 coil, 48 circuit Bedini machine having 3 sets of 4-coils radially placed. This configuration would be similar to John Bedini's 12 coil machine, as can be seen in a video clip at the following site: YouTube - 20 Mono-Pole Bedini Motor / Pulse Engine The major difference is that he used a precision machined aluminum rotor, which would be nice to have, but that would prove very costly. My concept, expanding on Kevin's idea, is to construct an affordable and easily duplicated machine. As I said earlier in this post, I hope that Aaron and Kevin will add their thoughts to this concept thread, and of course everyone is welcome to ask questions or make suggestions. Anyone interested?

Best regards to all, Rickoff

Comment

RE: Rotor machine verse Solid state.

I also have been torn between building a big machine and just building a heafty solid state device. I have bought some 300 V transtistors and I was considering going 48V to my bedini. It seems so much energy is lost turning the wheel that if we used a solid state device we would be much further ahead in the game.

I think I will check out solid state because it seems one could get a more effective system using it.

I am very open to suggestions.

Mart
                    See my experiments here...
                    http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

mart,

I think you're right... alot of the energy is "used" by the rotor, though I believe the transfer of electrical to mechanical in this system will yeild the highest COP when the charging effect and mechanical work are taken into account...
                      However, I believe you are right again, that you will achieve a higher charging COP with a solid state device and I look forward to any results you care to share!
                      "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                      Nikola Tesla

Comment

Mart,

If the intent is to solely charge large batteries then a solidstate device is probabaly preferable, not to mention easier to store/move. If you intend to pursue mechanical power then perhaps you should look further. I happen to think that power is not lost through the rotor, limited perhaps, but not dissapated or spent. The rotor is designed to captialise on the electromagnetic occurence that occurs, not to mention time the device as well.

I think you may be surprised what a bit of gearing and a heavy flywheel running at 48volt, 3000rpm can do
                        "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Reply to Mart and Seph

Thanks for your comments, folks. Mart, I am sure you are right about a solid state device, such as a variation on the "Tesla Switch," being most efficient for charging batteries, but I do have my reasons for wanting to build this mechanical device. As Seph points out, this 12 coil/48 ciruit Bedini machine will have a better overall COP than the solid state device when the mechanical energy is factored in. My plan is to utilize that rotational energy by using a magnetic coupling hub placed at the end of the shaft, as in my drawing. Once the machine is up to running speed, I can then slide into place (on a track) a small hydrosonic pump to be rotated by the magnetic coupling. The hydrosonic pump will maintain the water inside a 50 gallon insulated storage tank at 180 degrees, and a loop will be taken from the tank to circulate hot water through the hot water heating system's boiler heat exchanger. Thus, whenever either of my heating system's two thermostats calls for heat, the hot water coursing through the heat exchanger will instantly be pumped where needed by one of two zone valves, and water beiing pumped out of the heat exchanger will instantly be replaced with 180 degree water. That, of course, means that I will no longer have to burn any more fuel oil to heat my home or my domestic hot water (except perhaps during sub-zero temperature extremes). And at times when hot water production is not essential, I can tap the rotational output of my machine to drive workshop equipment, a water pump, an alternator, or whatever. There is no need to consider the rotational mechanical energy of the machine as "lost energy" unless you have no plan for utilizing it, right? I believe that the flywheel, as shown in my drawing, is an important addition if one wants to make best use of mechanical energy. Similar to the idea utilized by James Watson in his Bedini machine. It will tend to keep the machine rotating at a fairly constant speed while providing torque to smooth and balance the work load. The flywheel is also a plus if you want to use switching to pulse charges back into the supply battery bank, which I plan to do. I have a very positive outlook on this project, as you can probably surmise. Even though you may be going in a different direction, you might just peek in here every now and then to see how things are moving along. Right now I am waiting for my shafts and bearings to arrive, but will be posting some pictures as construction begins. Best wishes to you in your pursuits of free energy.

Rickoff

Comment

Re: Cop >1

I have chased the mechanical energy and I have found it is a VERY high hill to climb for someone who does not have a machine shop. Has anyone here achieved COP >1? I think Kevin has, and Aaron has.

I have tried the magnet configuration as shown "superpole" and have failed to get better results with it. ( Probably my lack of knowledge of how to do it properly.) I also did not receive better results with a ground to the charging battery. In some of the Bedini circuits I have found the ground at a different place than the charging batter ( on Erins page ) this puzzled me.

My thoughts go as follows.... Use a battery swapper with solid state device to charge the batteries.

I do look with great interest to those who have broken this barrier. I have ordered Bedini's book, and the video on magnets. I do hope to improve my methods.

The method you are suggesting sounds to me like you guys are on the right track, you are using heavy machined bearings, I checked into these for wind mills as they have the same problems as we do. Some of the bearings they use are 1. hubs from pull behind trailers. 2. bearings from computer chairs. 3. bearings from washing machines. All of these are very heavy duty and seem like an option. The bearing you listed looks very very nice, if your system works with this I would consider upgrading to ceramic bearings. I have found that duralube is an AWESOME lubricant, which you might consider to impove the bearings as they are.

If the COP is easily found in the batteries, my thought is to stop there. Use the solid state charger to charge batteries, then milk the batteries for energy, then repeat. The trouble is, I don't know what waveform is optimal, I don't know what circuit to consider for high voltages, ( I may start with a simple solid state design till I get the hang of it, then move up ) it seems to me that I could use multiple solid state devices small ones to do the job a large one and would be safer.

I am curious how did you come up with the number of 180 deg for your water?

Also mentioned was a tesla coil... on the solid state, what is the most effective solid state device out there that you guys have tested? Thanks!

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

RE: flywheel

Originally posted by ren View Post
                              Mart,

If the intent is to solely charge large batteries then a solidstate device is probabaly preferable, not to mention easier to store/move. If you intend to pursue mechanical power then perhaps you should look further. I happen to think that power is not lost through the rotor, limited perhaps, but not dissapated or spent. The rotor is designed to captialise on the electromagnetic occurence that occurs, not to mention time the device as well.

I think you may be surprised what a bit of gearing and a heavy flywheel running at 48volt, 3000rpm can do
                              Hey, I am open to suggestions, have you achieved this?

I am open to models that I can reproduce that have a proven cop >1.

Comment

Working...
                              X