Bedini SSG Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickoff View Post
    The only electrical experiment I had ever done before with two metal earth rods was to drive them in, a few feet apart, and then hook some 110 volt household AC to them. Someone had told me that it worked great to drive earthworms to the surface, and it did, although I haven't done this again since being a teenager.
    I have a pair of those. They were created by my sister's husband (or someone he knew) he left them when I bought my house from them. I've used them to drive up earthworms...

Sitting in soft, wet soil while those things are humming along will give you quite the goose. Heh.

This aerial idea has me thinking... I've heard plenty of interesting results when floating a weather balloon that has a line to the ground talking about static buildup when the thing comes out of the clouds. It makes a lot of sense, though, after what you just said.

Would this concept also fall in line with this ... other anecdotal situation? I'm not sure the exact reproduction, but there was a story of a man who drove a rod into the ground beneath some high-power transmission lines. They were the rod was perpendicular to the lines and could harvest energy off of them.

Someone probably knows this reference and can give me details. (I operate strictly off of hear-say. It makes life more interesting... )

Similar to the electrical storm, could this also be the same principle. The high-power lines are providing a charge "lower" in the atmosphere that is picked up by this grounding rod and it allows the user to harvest energy off of that high-powered "ambient" energy?

Just curious.

Comment

Reply to Elcman

Hi Elcman,

I would think that it would not be that difficult to tap some ground level free energy from overhead power transmission lines, as you say. Such "high tension" lines normally operate at a voltage boost of more than 110 kilovolts, and at frequencies of less than 30 cycles per second. The electromagnetic fields around these transmission lines definitely reach to ground level, and as you know can be very disruptive to radio broadcasts when you pass under them in your car (especially AM band). The fields are also known to be very disruptive to a vehicle running from a "Joe Cell." So the idea of power tapping that disruptive electromagnetic radiation at ground level would seem to be a relatively easy task. Two major problems exist with that approach, however. First, the power company owns a wide path of land below the lines, so you would need to have their permission to attempt this. Secondly, even if they gave you permission (which they most assuredly would not), setting up and maintaining such a tap would place you at serious health risk from the ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) electromagnetic fields radiating from the power lines. You are much farther ahead to think about tapping into the far safer free energy forms that exist all around us in Nature. Sorry if that wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but I'm glad to see people reading these threads, thinking about what is said, and then getting involved and participating by submitting questions or related observations. Keep in mind, though, that the title of this thread is "Bedini SSG Machines," and that there may be a better place within the forums to post unrelated questions. We may seem to be drifting off course in our discussion of "earth batteries," and "antenna battery charging," but these can be adaped to work in harmony with an SSG machine and increase its Coefficient of Production (COP), and really that is the name of the game here. Thanks for your effort, and best wishes to you, Rickoff
      "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

We may seem to be drifting off course in our discussion of "earth batteries," and "antenna battery charging," but these can be adaped to work in harmony with an SSG machine and increase its Coefficient of Production (COP), and really that is the name of the game here. Thanks for your effort, and best wishes to you, Rickoff
        Hehe, gotcha.

At least the whole branching discussion explained some anomalies for me. I haven't attempted the Bendini in the traditional sense, so far. I need to get more supplies before I'm really going to be a contender in this thread.

Comment

Reply to Elcman

Hi Elcman,

I just noticed today a video posted by "Myth Busters" regarding free energy from power transmission lines. See it at: Howstuffworks Videos "MythBusters: Free Energy" They failed to get any appreciable results with their experiment, but of course that is usually the case with them because they are either a disinformation service or are pitifully incapable of counducting such experiments. Still, I thought you might be interested since you had just mentioned this scenario.

Rickoff
          "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

scientific and technological quackery

they are either a disinformation service or are pitifully incapable of counducting such experiments.
            There was a Bedini machine replication attempt by them on one episode. In one part, they had absolutely no magnets. Your above possible suggestion about them is is probably fairly accurate. Doing what they did is literally as ridiculous as trying to push a car with no wheels. To not do something like the magnet situation with their Bedini attempt really is ridiculous and I find it almost impossible to believe that it was by accident.
            Last edited by Aaron; 06-06-2008, 07:39 AM.
            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Reply to Aaron

Aaron, I agree with you 100%. I am aware of the "Myth Busters" so-called Bedini experiment, and it was totally ridiculous - just as you say. With all the freely available information that one can find on the Internet about proper construction of a simple Bedini machine, how could an engineer from MIT not be able to get it right? It was clearly a blatant attempt to discredit John Bedini, as well as being a slam against any other free energy devices. It's sad to think that probably 99% or more of the people who watch Myth Buster garbage actually believe that there are no viable alternative energy devices. This latest video about power transmission lines is right up there with the rest of their garbage. All they did was to set up a large coil of wire under the lines with an attached voltmeter. No ground, ferrous core, or charging circuit was used, so how would they expect to produce any useable energy? Just more garbage and misinformation. The video actually begins with the statement, "Free energy - across the board - busted!" I'm a Bedini technology believer, and I'd love to see the Discovery Channel air the "Energy From The Vacuum" videos as an answer to Myth Busters (they could title the show as "Myth Busters Busted"), but of course that will probably never happen. So I guess I'll just have to be content with building and utilizing my Bedini machine replications and sharing my experiences with other avid Bedini aficionados. There is, however, a video response to Myth Busters by John Bedini which is excellent. It shows the original Myth Buster footage of their experiment, and then shows John standing in front of his 10 coil machine and busting the Myth Busters. Here's the link: YouTube - Bedini Motor Busted?!

Rickoff
              Last edited by rickoff; 06-07-2008, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Away for a few days, but no R&R!

Hi folks,

I'm away at my cottage for a few days to do some scraping, painting, and other work. Can't get high speed Internet here at an affordable rate, so I'm using dialup and it seems so slow.... Today I replaced the wheels on my dock, using some large metal wheels from an old hayraker machine. I had been using some very heavy cast iron wheels, of a somewhat smaller diameter (about 24 inches) for the past 25 years with no problems. This past winter the water level must have come up quite high, as ice broke the massive spokes on one of my wheels so that the wheel was in 5 pieces! I had the dock pulled in so that the wheels were way above water level before winter, but the lake takes what it wants, and can be very unforgiving! I saved the one cast iron wheel that is still okay, and I'm thinking about using it as a heavy duty flywheel for the motor/generator system that I will build to power my cottage. The electric company charges me a "seasonal rate" here, which is much higher than what the other townfolk are paying, and I even have to pay a monthly charge for the cold months when I don't use the cottage, because that costs less than having the electric disconnected and then reconnected for the summer. Rates are expected to double this year, so I'll be very glad when I am either off the grid or selling excess power back to them. If you can make it, they have to buy it - that's the law here. Another note of interest is that Maine has come up with a plan to fund projects to construct alternative energy machines! It appears that you submit your ideas to an "independent" group that awards funding to the most promising designs, and the the big power companies end up being the major contributors to the funding. I haven't had time to check into the program yet, but there's probably some catch to it - perhaps the state, or the power company then holds the rights to retain and/or display your machine. I'll put up another post when I have the details, in case anyone else is from Maine and interested in the program.

Best regards, Rickoff

Comment

I tried to get in touch with that so called MIT expert though had no reply. He doesn't appear to be with MIT anymore though I found him at the California College of Art
                  "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

Earth batteries...

Ok, I have now three schematics for an earth battery. I purchased a 12 Volt auto coil, and have 150 FT of coax, and another 50 ft shorter, and 100 feet of speaker wire hooked up to the battery. I am using a spark plug...

The capacitor I am using is a motor capacitor.

Questions I have ....

1. Should I measure any voltage from the antenna to ground?

2. Does the UF of the capacitor matter, should I use a different capacitor?

3. Lightning is not my friend.... I guess i should pull the plug on this when storms come by.

Mart
                    See my experiments here...
                    http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Originally posted by theremart View Post
                      Ok, I have now three schematics for an earth battery. I purchased a 12 Volt auto coil, and have 150 FT of coax, and another 50 ft shorter, and 100 feet of speaker wire hooked up to the battery. I am using a spark plug...

The capacitor I am using is a motor capacitor.

Questions I have ....

1. Should I measure any voltage from the antenna to ground?

2. Does the UF of the capacitor matter, should I use a different capacitor?

3. Lightning is not my friend.... I guess i should pull the plug on this when storms come by.

Mart
                      When I did this experiment last year I noticed some things.
                      The antenna has to be off the ground and it can't be near any grounded object like a tv antenna. As you approach ground the antenna voltage weakens to 0 volts. The cap should be in the picofarad range at least 100v or more. Definatly remove this thing before a thunderstorm.

I found the voltage stratifies like thermo energy but if you are in a vicinity of ground the voltage will be significantly less. People walking by affected the voltage. If you have no choice but to attach it to metal objects use a string or other non conductor to get the antenna wire as far away from the grounded objects as it is high. Also I would put the spark gap(which is fuctioning as an oscilator in this example) right off the antenna as you dont want to bring the antanna down because the closer to the earth that antenna wire is the lesser the voltage- like putting a voltage divider circuit on it. You will only get potential very little current at all nothing that will measure easily. The Spark Plug is great but you might want to start with a smaller gap by bending the electrode strap withing three sheets of paper thichness of the anode.

Comment

RE: Suggestions

Originally posted by Chip Shorter View Post
                        When I did this experiment last year I noticed some things.
                        The antenna has to be off the ground and it can't be near any grounded object like a tv antenna. As you approach ground the antenna voltage weakens to 0 volts. The cap should be in the picofarad range at least 100v or more. Definatly remove this thing before a thunderstorm.

I found the voltage stratifies like thermo energy but if you are in a vicinity of ground the voltage will be significantly less. People walking by affected the voltage. If you have no choice but to attach it to metal objects use a string or other non conductor to get the antenna wire as far away from the grounded objects as it is high. Also I would put the spark gap(which is fuctioning as an oscilator in this example) right off the antenna as you dont want to bring the antanna down because the closer to the earth that antenna wire is the lesser the voltage- like putting a voltage divider circuit on it. You will only get potential very little current at all nothing that will measure easily. The Spark Plug is great but you might want to start with a smaller gap by bending the electrode strap withing three sheets of paper thichness of the anode.
                        Thanks for the tips... I will have to pick up a different capacitor. I am using the center of a cable tv cable as pick up so it should not be touching anywhere, and it is about 20Ft in the air. ( I could go higher if I climbed the tree )

But I have 3 designs, the one I currently have has no diodes, I think I will move over to the one that has diodes, and see what that yields.

thanks!
                        Mart

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Thunderstorms

Hi Mart,

Just having a quick lunch break at the cottage, and reading your post. If you look at the last circuit I sent you (the one with the diodes) that gives values for the capacitor and other components. I don't have the link handy here, so maybe you could post that diagram for others who are interested. I would definitely suggest adopting the "overshoot protection" device shown at the bottom of the web page that relates to the Peswiki experiment I referred to in my page 1 post concerning antenna battery charging. The overshoot protection is simple (just a few nuts and bolts, in two parallel boards, that can be adjusted to gaps between them of about .045 inch), and would be parallel to the spark plug input, but branch directly to ground. This protects your components, and battery, from high surges, so that you don't have to fear thunderstorms. Of course you want to have a kill switch device so that the system can be shut down in the event that a lightning storm is passing overhead, but a storm can break quickly and you may not be at home when it does. By all means use every possible safety precaution, including overshoot device, breaker, etc.

Rickoff

Comment

Thanks Rick!

I have attached both diagrams

I don't believe I had the first one hooked up correctly and that might be my main problem.

I was wondering if I should be attaching both the shielding of my cable with the center part as well

But for now we have had several thunderstorms so... I have unhooked it so I sleep better at night

I have been searching for the 20KV .001mfd capacitor this requires, and I have not come up with much. Maybee it is listed in different units?

I have been thinking about taking my bicycle generator and feeding the capactior with the output to see if I can get a spark. Normally I can fill a cap to 32 V with that in a very short time. I might have found a new method of collecting the energy from the SSG........

Again thanks Rick for your insights into this.

Mart
                            Attached Files

Comment

capacitor

Hi Mart,

A .001 microfarad capacitor is the same as a 1 micro micro farad, or 1 picofarad capacitor. If I remember correctly, one of the antenna battery charging article authors said that he used a cap from a discarded TV's horizontal output section.

I would try experimenting with the coax wire 4 ways - center alone, shielding alone, connected together at the spark plug, and connected together at both ends. Then let us know what differences you observed.

Thanks for posting the circuit diagrams, although the second diagram in your post does not open properly - it only shows a spark plug. Perhaps you could try that attachment again. Thanks, Mart.

Rickoff

Comment

Try #2

Ok attached it the picture again. Hope this time it goes. It does not seem to like gif files.

I did not think of connecting the sheilding to the wire at the end.... that is an idea...

mart
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by theremart; 06-14-2008, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X