Bedini & The Lockridge Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini & The Lockridge Device

Has anyone pursued a combo motor/generator like the Lockridge Device that John Bedini talked about?

This was a small (300 Watts max) over unity device smuggled out of Germany after WW11 by a couple of GIs. It was made using a modified Bosch VW generator. One of them (Lockridge) had replicated it and sold them to people who used them for camping etc.

Bedini had the 'remains' of one of those replicated devices and explained how he thought it worked. However, he never got around to replicating it himself.

We have recently re-released the John Bedini DVD with additional material that includes video of the researcher that had given Bedini the replicated (non-working at the time) device.

This will probably be pursued only by those who could design and make their own motors (or knows someone who can assist them with this).

http://energyfromthevacuum.com/Disc14/index.html

Rob Teifeld
    Energetic Productions

Yes I tried

Originally posted by Rob T View Post
    Has anyone pursued a combo motor/generator like the Lockridge Device that John Bedini talked about?

This was a small (300 Watts max) over unity device smuggled out of Germany after WW11 by a couple of GIs. It was made using a modified Bosch VW generator. One of them (Lockridge) had replicated it and sold them to people who used them for camping etc.

Bedini had the 'remains' of one of those replicated devices and explained how he thought it worked. However, he never got around to replicating it himself.

We have recently re-released the John Bedini DVD with additional material that includes video of the researcher that had given Bedini the replicated (non-working at the time) device.

This will probably be pursued only by those who could design and make their own motors (or knows someone who can assist them with this).

Rob Teifeld
    Energetic Productions
    Yes some here did try to replicate the Lockridge device without success, at least on my part.

There was a thread started on that subject. I spent much resources on that device and the remains lay around my shop.

There were many unanswered questions concerning this device. Main question to me was: How the coil/capacitor that was wrapped around the housing constructed?

If the added material gives more insight toward construction of the device then I'm all in.

wantomake

Comment

Originally posted by Rob T View Post

Rob Teifeld
      Energetic Productions
      A great shame that the research book that JB was given about the Lockridge device is not reproduced and sold as an item.....I'm sure it would prove to be a popular buy....

Comment

Bigger shame

The problem is that the book given to JB was from a friend that didn't succeed at replicating the Lockridge device. That's how JB got the book, from his friend with a box full of the failed build.

Sorry to be negative, but don't see any help from the note book in this case. But what do I know as my builds never got past the 50's generator with four carbon brushes and split case. Many hours and monies topped with failure.

The thread was short lived also.

wantomake

Comment

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
          The problem is that the book given to JB was from a friend that didn't succeed at replicating the Lockridge device. That's how JB got the book, from his friend with a box full of the failed build.

Sorry to be negative, but don't see any help from the note book in this case. But what do I know as my builds never got past the 50's generator with four carbon brushes and split case. Many hours and monies topped with failure.

The thread was short lived also.

wantomake
          My understanding was the book contained details from various people concerned with the production of the device and other researchers. That subsequent builds were not successful by various people or by JB does not IMO negate the "book" as an interesting research source.

Comment

Originally posted by john_g View Post
            My understanding was the book contained details from various people concerned with the production of the device and other researchers. That subsequent builds were not successful by various people or by JB does not IMO negate the "book" as an interesting research source.
            No doubt the book would be an interesting research source. It's been some time ago that I watched that video by JB. If I remember correctly, his friend got the notes from people that helped build the device parts separately and Lockridge would assemble the device in secret. How reliable would those people's memory of something they did 30 or 35 years earlier. How many were left by 1980's or so.

But I digress.
            wantomake

Comment

Word has it that the original 'Lockridge' device was this machine, a so called 'Umformersatz 51 a'.

Runs on 6-12v battery and could power an Army radio station

Comment

That could be one option to start working with. The armature reaction is too sever in those units. They wound need to be rewound with a compensating winding to get the effect the original device had. Plus installing another set of brushes and pole shoes. Not enough room. Mt research has shown that the older GM truck generators were the choice unit to be used. They were 60 amp armatures.

Comment

Any one in cyber space working on this type of motor-generator.

Comment

I have a video of the original device working from a 12 v battery, recorded last week. The Umformer-device is at a museum with war artifacts of broadcast-equipment etc. From what I understood is that you connect the transmitting-device to the Umformer and nothin happened. Through some sort of way the device was sensing some power was required by the transmitting-device. Then a relais switched and the Umformer started to rotate, making 320 v out of 12v of the battery. The 320 v and some milliamps was enough to power the transmitting-device. Does this make sense? Maybe Aaron knows or Peter Lindemann (retired, but still watching this website once a ..haha?).
                    Kind regards, Mobi

Comment

Would be nice to get their input on that device. You could post the video if you want to share it. Maybe get a better idea on how it works. Thanks.

Comment

Hiwater, check out this video: https://youtu.be/BETHfufyXEU

The video has been made by a friendly guy who runs a museum for old communication-equipment of WWII.

Mb

Comment

mobigozer, Thanks for the video. I have a couple of those motor transformer motors. The lenz slows them way down when loading the high output end. So they need to be reworked inside for them to work properly for the motor generator device. The wide field coils and close air gap are part of the problems.

Comment

Mobigozer,
                            yes I also have the US made version in my shop. I think it was used to step up voltage but very low amperage for communications on aircraft. I'll need to go dig it out of the pile of junk in the shop.
                            I played around with different capacitors connected to the output side(and allowed them to charge to max). So when I switched off the 12 volt power source the caps would run the motor for up to a minute(?) or so until the caps discharged. Which got my attention because in essence that is what the Lockridge device would do to keep running.
                            I couldn't wrap my tiny amount of electronic knowledge around the capacitor/trifilor coil configuration. I
                            The capacitor/coil configuration was the self charged up power source the device operated and ran lights with.

But life,time,monies and lack of proper knowledge was my downfall so just left the entire shop in disarray.
                            wantomake
                            ​​

Comment

Wantomake- good to hear from you again. Hope your doing well. Don't know what ever happened to Mbrownn. Been over a year since I heard from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X