Help needed with Bedini Schoolgirl circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with Bedini Schoolgirl circuit

Well guys hello first of all, first time engaging in this kind of stuff so not any good at it yet, found the schematics Aaron posted in 2007, it were the simplest one I could find. Was looking for parts for a while while, apparently there's only 1 (one) electronic components shop in the country and not an easy one to find either, also deficit on high gauge copper wire, well in short I got everything, worked for hours launched it and nothing, and I can't even lay my finger on what can be wrong. Only difference I made in circuit was that I inserted 1k logarithmic pot instead of resistor. And also my soldering iron wires melted so no solder used at all, everything is just hooked up, can't do any better atm. Also almost forgot to mention. The coil is not exactly perfectly wound because I really couldn't get hold of right direction of winding so I just did it and after I was done I tested with battery and compass, it so happened that bottom wires need to be connected to + in order to create north pole at magnet side. And just on a sidenote, I'm using giant a** nicads 12v pack to test this thing so tell me if that could be a problem.

I used
    2N3055 transistor
    1N4148 diode
    1K logarithmic pot
    .25 and .28 sq. mm. copper wires
    welding rods as a coil core
    ceramic magnets
    skate wheel for rotor.

Will be thankful for any help or any attempt at it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bkr2; 09-16-2012, 04:47 PM.

I can't say for sure from the picture but it looks like your coil may be sitting a little to far from the magnets. Is there a bolt head sticking out of the coil on the side where the magnets are? I think the standard setup is to use 4 magnets although I don't know if it is a problem to use more. I bought one assembled many years ago and have had to replace the transistor in it and put a variable pot on it also so I think using a variable resistor is okay. As long as connections are tight the lack of soldering is not a problem. I would avoid running the unit on top of that hard drive cover though as the aluminum in it will create a Lenz drag on the magnets. Also I don't see a capacitor in the circuit. Isn't that a part the the basic SSG? Good luck and
    Last edited by ewizard; 09-16-2012, 06:56 PM.
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
      I can't say for sure from the picture but it looks like your coil may be sitting a little to far from the magnets. Is there a bolt head sticking out of the coil on the side where the magnets are? I think the standard setup is to use 4 magnets although I don't know if it is a problem to use more. I bought one assembled many years ago and have had to replace the transistor in it and put a variable pot on it also so I think using a variable resistor is okay. As long as connections are tight the lack of soldering is not a problem. I would avoid running the unit on top of that hard drive cover though as the aluminum in it will create a Lenz drag on the magnets. Also I don't see a capacitor in the circuit. Isn't that a part the the basic SSG? Good luck and
      Thaaank yoooou. I think that was it, the distance from the coil, moved it 4 mm closer and it's running like a charm. I'm excited like a schoolgirl (ironically).

P.S. Not using any capacitors atm

Comment

Working...
      X