Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini SSG problems

Hi all.

I am totaly new to this forum and a newbie to electronics.
    However I've tried to create the Bedini SSG. I have:
    a 2N3055 transistor, one IN4005 diode, 2 coils (one with with 23# wire and one with a 26# wire) and about 600 maybe more turns on each, 1 resistor 1K and, NeoDym squire magnets.

It doesn't work, hence I'm trying this forum.
    It seems that when I power on the circuit with a 9v battery, I have 0.0 DC volts on my pushing coil. Once I spin the rotor it still shows 0.0 DC volts.

If I take off one of the wires from the pushing coil, it suddenly shows 0.04 DC volts, and when I spin the rotor, it increases and decreases the DC voltage according to the speed in which the rotor spins (maybe I can get it up to 2 volts DC).

Is this even correct behaviour? Also how much ohm should the coil have (my pushing coil has about 5 ohm total - if I change the puching coil to a electric motor, the motor tries to spin but has difficulties due to the low voltage)?

Can anyone figure out my hurdle? I will gladly answer all your questions in detail. Just ask, and I will answer.

Hi,

I'm also a to both the renewable energy and electronics newbie but I got my Bedini working. So I'll try to help out as newbie to newbie.

First, double check everything in the circuit. The polarity of the diodes, the components where they are attached to, the polarity of the battery and the magnetic poles should be facing out.

Also make sure you got your coil with it's generated magnetic North facing towards the magnets on the rotor.

Don't attempt to connect the battery wires in reverse as you might damage your transistor.

Now, connect the wires to the battery and give the rotor a helpful lot of spin, not just a flick or a nudge.

You should notice the neon lamp would flicker. Which means your assemble should work fine.

Now to answer your concerns:
    First understand that the power from the primary battery is used to trigger or push your magnets away from the coil.

If you power the circuit, there should be no voltage on the pushing coil as yet as there's not enough current passing on the base of the transistor to form the bridge and allow the voltage to pass from the collector to the emitter.

Giving the rotor a substantial push induces the coil to produce the mush needed current to build those electrons on the base of the transistor, and when it does, this allows the voltage from the primary battery to pass though and run through the trigger wires. Thus generating an electromagnetic field on the coil that pushes the passing magnets on the rotor. The effect would then be the spinning of the rotor untouched.

Taking the wires that suddenly shows a reading is probably caused by a static spark when disconnecting the wires.

Comment

Hey Guys,
      There is already an extensive thread on this: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...choolgirl.html acedragoni is right, you need to check all the basics. If your rotor is small(less than 6 in) you will have trouble with those Neos. Bedini recommends #8 ceramic magnets for good reason. Your magnets need to be north pole facing out. Compass south needle will point to the north side of the magnet. Connect a winding on your coil to your battery, the compass south needle will identify the north side of the coil. This side should face the magnets. A lot of people turn around and reverse polarize the trigger coil when hooking it up. Double check that. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
      Randy
      _

Comment

Hi Zogo I usually do a small transistor and led while turning the rotor to test if the cuttin is reached of the transistor.
        Otherwise it will never spin the rotor.

Comment

Hi zogo and welcome to the forum here.
          can you post a picture of your setup ?
          I would suggest to use 12v dc source instead of just a 9v battery.
          If you connect a car battery you are great to start to see some real effects of pulse technology.
          When using another 12v dc source i.e an ac/dc adaptor my suggestion is to connect an electrolytic capacitor maybe rated 25v @ 1000μF
          or more parallel to your dc source so that when the transistor is on the impact of the impulse will be much greater and such better radiant charging.
          As other guys here told, you better stick to the original circuits, so no neodym magnets but ceramic yes.
          Reverse your trigger coil wires also to see if there is any difference.
          Maybe a try or two reversing power coil wires might also help.
          Just keep trying, it works as claimed.
          hope this info will help you out.
          Regards.
          << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

Hello all, and thank you all for your input.

I am very glad that so many people here want to help, so many thanks again.

I'm posting a picture of my setup.

1 = 2N3055 transistor.
            2 = Trigger coil with about 600 turns 26# wire (air core).
            3 = Pushing coil with about 600 turns 23# wire (tried air core and currently it is filled with nails)
            4 = The rotor. It is about 4 inches in diameter and has 4 squire magnets on it plus 1 additional magnet on each magnet on the rotor.
            5 = 1Kohm resistance
            6 = IN4005 diode.

7 = This is my concern.
            When I power up the circuit with my 9v battery (And Peculian, I will probably switch to 12V in the future), I measure the yellow and red wire near (7) and this shows 0.0DCv as it should because the trigger coil does not generate any current.
            Here comes the tricky part. If I leave the pushing coil attached as on the picture and spin the rotor, I still measure 0.0DCv on the yellow and red wire (and I give it a very helpful hand) - it should show some voltage because the transistor should be triggered.

If I disconnect the yellow or red wire, it shows 0.04DCv and keeps showing that (acedragoni it does not seem to be a static spark). As soon as I spin the rotor it suddenly gives me the long awaited voltage and the voltage increases together with the speed in which the rotor spins (meaning that the voltage follows the rotor speed).

So I have a few questions.
            A. Is the transistor behaving correctly? I mean when I trigger the base of the transistor, should it then let all my 9v through the E&C or should it let some voltage through as it does now depending on the rotor speed? Meaning is the transistor output (E&C) following on the input (base)?
            B. I think that the pushing coil has a too low resistance for this setup. If I connect a small DC electro motor instead of the pushing coil, it seems to work (as in the motor begins to spin very very slowly).

In general I think that the setup is correct, but I'm affraid that the coils are crap (homemade).

And regarding the NeoDym magnets, I've seen dosens of youtube videos where people use NeoDym magnets ( here's a HowTo guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttY7yLXZSpo).

So... What am I doing wrong here?

Comment

Did you follow the schematic rightly? cause I cannot see the 1n4001 diode.
              Resistance on drive coil I do it 6 ohms. Trigger higher in resistance.
              You can check the transistor with continiuity to see if it's good.
              I use Neodymium magnets and works good.
              What's 1Kohm resistance? that's to trigger? if yes try lower it.
              Last edited by Guruji; 08-18-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Some success...

I may be onto something....

I added some screws to the trigger coil and I measured a tinny voltage (0.02 DCv) in the pushing coil once the rotor was spinning. If I bypass the 1Kohm resistor I can get 0.14 DCv in the pushing coil.

So this indicates that my coils are the problem and not the setup in general.

What should I do? I can add some nails or whatever metal I can find arround the house to the trigger coil, but I am affraid to fry my transistor.

I've wound the coils by hand, so maybe the wires are not wound as tight as they could have been if I purchased a coil from a shop.

Furthermore I would like to ask you experts about how to build a coil. Should the center diameter of the coil be as large as the magnets or larger? I also have some Neo magnets of 5mm diameter (not that strong as the squire ones), should I try with those?
                I've also tried using 8 squire Neo magnets, and this actually gave a more poor performance than 4. (In my logic 8 should be better than 4, but perhaps my coils are built wrongly).

Please help. This is a very very awsome motor, and I would really love to build one.

Comment

Hi Guruji.

Did you follow the schematic rightly? cause I cannot see the 1n4001 diode. I use a 1N4005 instead. It is at number 6 on the picture, it is connected from the Base to Emitter and it has the white stripe on the Base side.
                  Resistance on drive coil I do it 6 ohms.
                  Mine is 3.2 ohmTrigger higher in resistance. Mine is about 10ohm
                  You can check the transistor with continiuity to see if it's good. Checked it. No resistance between Emitter and Collector.
                  What's 1Kohm resistance? that's to trigger? if yes try lower it. Yes I think too that this might be the problem, however I've tried to bypass this resistance, and it seems to generate 0.14DCv at the pushing coil.

Comment

Make sure the connection to the 2n3055 transistor should be like this:

I haven't tried having the trigger coil separated from the power coil similar to what you did. Instead I wound the #23 and #26 into a bifilar wind as:

Although mine has only 300 turns of #23 and #26 but it still pushes the magnet rotor. And I use a ferrite ceramic speaker magnets the size of 1-5/8" OD (outer diameter) by 7/8" ID (inner diameter) by 1/4" thickness. 600 turns is quite okey in your case.

I don't see a neon lamp between the collector and the emitter though. The purpose of the neon lamp to act as the dissipitator of the generated power from the power coil in case there's no attached charging battery.

You cited a Youtube video (re: Bedini Motor ( Generator ) How To Build One by ghosttownhunter). I built another Bedini according to his circuit as follows:

To check if your transistor is still okey, try this simple tests using your multimeter:
                    base-emitter - conduct one way only
                    base-collector - conduct one way only
                    collector-emitter - not conduct either way
                    Last edited by acedragoni; 08-18-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Any luck?

Have you had any luck getting your SSG running?

Here is a video to my old build from about 2K4-ish - Bedini/Tesla Free Energy Motor - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by zogo View Post
                        Hi Guruji.

Did you follow the schematic rightly? cause I cannot see the 1n4001 diode. I use a 1N4005 instead. It is at number 6 on the picture, it is connected from the Base to Emitter and it has the white stripe on the Base side.
                        Resistance on drive coil I do it 6 ohms.
                        Mine is 3.2 ohmTrigger higher in resistance. Mine is about 10ohm
                        You can check the transistor with continiuity to see if it's good. Checked it. No resistance between Emitter and Collector.
                        What's 1Kohm resistance? that's to trigger? if yes try lower it. Yes I think too that this might be the problem, however I've tried to bypass this resistance, and it seems to generate 0.14DCv at the pushing coil.
                        1n4001 can limit voltage about 50v I think. 1n4005 is much higher in volts.
                        Check continiuty from E to B C to B too and vice versa to be sure your transistor is good as acedragoni told you.
                        Yes it's wise to use a neon to protect transistor.
                        Try to use a led to the transistor to check cuttout otherwise increase trigger lenght or magnet power.
                        Last edited by Guruji; 08-19-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I think I know what the problem isth

I finally figured out what the problem might be.

I have measured everything and tested all components one by one, and everything was ok.
                          When spinning the rotor I measured about 0.14DCv on the pushing coil. Then I tried to substitute the trigger coil with a 1.5v AA battery and suddenly was measuring 4v on the pushing coil.
                          So my problem must be that my trigger coil is not producing enough current to trigger the transistor fully.

I use Neo magnets, so has anyone had success with Neos and the Bedini? I wil try to rewind my trigger coil more tightly and use a metalic core.

And can anyone tell me how big the coil center should be in relation to the magnets?
                          Last edited by zogo; 08-19-2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Cores

Hi zogo,
                            Your coils have enough wire/windings to work. Winding tightness can make a difference, but it will not stop the motor from working, especially with neos. Neos have a FAT field around them, that is why it is recommended to use the ceramics. Neos will work, but can be a little trickier. First, put iron in those coils you have. Nails, coat/shirt hangers, bailing wire, welding rods, whatever soft iron you can scrounge. Cores with little pieces of wire is better than one solid hunk of iron like a big bolt. It looks like you've stacked those neos, that'll make em fatter yet! Move your coils back from the rotor until you get it started. Using a separate trigger coil will make your timing a little trickier too. More voltage will work better. If all you have is 9v, then hook two of them in series, connecting the + of one battery to the - of the other. You just want to get that beast moving. Then you can tweak it. Good luck!
                            Randy
                            _

Comment

i am loosing my mind

Ok... I followed your advices. I have a metalic core on my trigger coil (some metalic rods glued together and tightly packed). I have tried different types of neo magnets (cylindrical and square) and still I only get 0.01 volts when I spin my rotor. No matter how hard I spin it, no matter how many magnets I put on there, I still have a small voltage.

My coil has 600 turns of 26# wire and 10ohms.

As of now I am only trying to produce more than 0.01v of my trigger coil, and I am desperate for advice.

Why am I not able tp create more volts from my coil? What could my problem possibly be? What should I try?
                              Any advice, no matter how basic the theory might be is gladly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X