• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverToGold
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron
    Are you an ip attorney by chance?
    Hi Aaron, no, though I have a few close friends who are - I was a patent examiner for a year but couldn't stand the government job and how they do things. They really are not out to help the inventor.

That figure is the average a person would spend on filing fees and attorney costs. But if you could do it yourself or had free help from someone who knows the process very well, the cost go way down. Patent law like any law, overly complex to intimidate the uninitiated to spend more and more on professional help.

I think your figure of $1500 is possible but the patent process is designed to milk you for as much as they can get in the name of "Protecting the public". For example, they train the examiner to always give a first rejection of the patent so you are always forced to re-file with revisions (ie, more money out of your pocket!). They train the examiner that their job is to narrow your patent as much as possible and to cut away at the patent till it's as bare bones as it can get.

You seem like a smart motivated guy, you could probably do it yourself if you invested the time into it. Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    attorney?

Originally posted by SilverToGold
    I use to work in the patent office and the final price to get a patent is about $10,000.

Not small change for the average person.
    Are you an ip attorney by chance?

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    personal use of patent misconception

This is all I have time to post now - Karthi you can reply to this
    since it is only addressing one point so you should have no problem
    making it quick and I'll address as much as I can tomorrow.

---------------

Originally posted by aquapulser
    I contacted luc assigned the patent under his name and my name and dissolved the company.

6) The company Ecoignition was dissolved and inlieu of payment to Richard Hann I registered a domain name for Richard Hann to sell the products himself as compensation for his services as he is not websavvy. Luc is in no way associated with blue Phoenix.

7) Aaron has been trying to portray everyone as some sort of shady characters trying to con the open source community and he as some sort of protector of the circuit.

9) His response completely shocked me when he said that he is not interested in having the patent application terminated and keep the circuit open for all, instead he wants Luc and me to fully assign the patent exclusively to him.

10) He also proposed a royalty agreement from Ecoignition and Blue Phoenix, (neither of those companies are making any products based on the circuit in question.) He also added that he will announce that the patent once assigned to him will be open for all those to experiment...which is quite redundant because any body can experiment with any patent as long as they dont sell it and make money.

11) Once again to all those who are reading these posts, I have no interest in patenting this circuit and I really dont want anybody including Aaron to be assigned exclusive rights to this.

12) If Aaron's interest is to truly protect open source why does he want Luc and myself to fully assign the patent exclusively to him when there are others who say they have also contributed to this circuit.

13) An open source circuit should not be patented by anyone under any circumstances. I have learnt this the hardway and I would like to state on record that Luc and I wish that this patent application to be withdrawn and nobody be given exclusive rights.

14) Aaron may say that he has the best interests of everybody, but I feel he is actually partnering with my other partner who now owns Ecoignition and Aquapulser to sell this overseas and make money while portraying himself as champion of the opensource community.

Aaron please clarify your position why you want this patent assigned exclusively to you instead of being withdrawn so it is TRULY OPEN SOURCE?

On a side note: I am still extremely confused about who the exclusive inventor of the Luc water spark plug circuit is? Is it luc or is it not Luc???

------------------------------------------------------------

10. Everyone – see these links:

Patent it yourself - Google Books

Let me quote from one of the most well know IP attorney's with the
    most famous Patent it yourself book: "While 'Home Infringement' may
    be difficult to detect, nevertheless it is a form of infringement that is
    legally actionable and can subject the infringer to paying damages and/or an injunction prohibiting further infringement. "

It is illegal in Canada to - to make something for personal use - based
    on a patent.

Go see for yourself:
    patent misconception personal use - Google Search

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    wiki:
    In United States law, an infringement may occur where the defendant has made, used, sold, offered to sell, or imported an infringing invention or its equivalent.[3] One also commits indirect infringement if he actively and knowingly induces another to infringe, and is liable for that infringement. Types of "indirect infringement" include "contributory infringement" and "induced infringement."

No infringement action may be started until the patent is issued. However, pre-grant protection is available under 35 U.S.C. § 154(d), which allows a patent owner to obtain reasonable royalty damages for certain infringing activities that occurred before patent's date of issuance. This right to obtain provisional damages requires a patent holder to show that (1) the infringing activities occurred after the publication of the patent application, (2) the patented claims are substantially identical to the claims in the published application, and (3) the infringer had "actual notice" of the published patent application.

-------------------------------------------------------------

What this appears to be about such as the same as Canadian Law is that
    the patent acts or laws specifically prohibit certain infringements. They
    do not however specifically allow people to make things from patents
    for personal use - and that means that just because it doesn't specifically
    prohibit it but also doesn't specifically allow for it doesn't make it ok to
    do so and can be punishable by law. This isn't just a stretch to assume
    this - you can see in the above links that it is very specifically spelled
    out by ip attorneys and organization that it absolutely is illegal to make
    something for personal use if it is based on a patent - even if it is for
    non commercial use in the privacy of your own home.

They make no bones about the fact that it is difficult to enforce or
    pursue because of the nature of the privacy involved with peoples
    personal activities but nevertheless, it is illegal.

AND, anyone such as KR that insists that everyone can and should just
    go make this stuff for personal use is an inducer of infringement and those
    that participate are contributory or direct infringers.

--------------------------------------------------------

Look at this for Canadian law:
    http://www.nwoinnovation.ca/upload/d...onceptions.pdf

"Fifth Misconception – Personal Use is Not Infringement
    of a Patent

It is erroneously believed that only commercial exploitation constitutes
    infringement and that making and using a patented invention
    for one's own personal use does not constitute a legally actionable
    wrong. The Patent Act, however, contains no express
    exemption for personal use, but rather declares that whoever without
    authority makes, uses, offers to sell, sells within Canada, or
    imports into Canada any patented invention within Canada during
    the term of the patent therefore, infringes the patent."

--------------------------------------------------

This should come as a surprise to the open source community but so what!
    There are countless things being discussed that are not patented! But - isn’t
    this quite interesting though?

There are countless IP attorneys that are all saying the same thing in addition
    to legal organizations.

I'll address the rest soon.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Karthi's post

If anyone sees Karthi's post http://www.energeticforum.com/132014-post95.html
    change, please say something. It remains unedited at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    patent cost

Originally posted by SilverToGold
    I use to work in the patent office and the final price to get a patent is about $10,000.

It can be done for $1500 if someone does it themselves but from my
    understanding, it is in the actual making of claims that someone should
    definitely get help from an IP attorney, which will be $1500 plus that.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    @Karthi

Ashtweth Luc and I are more than happy to dissolve and withdraw the patent application.

It is Aaron who wants the patents assigned to him exclusively threatening legal action if it is not assigned to him.

"You're making a mistake explaining our private communication to the forum. Please don't dig yourself a hole you can't get out of. You are going to destroy your only chance to prevent a legal battle you cannot keep up with mentally or financially."

Those are Aarons exact words to me for revealing to this forum that he wanted the patents assigned to him!!
    I haven't responded yet

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    @Ash

Originally posted by ashtweth
    Hi karthik , then let the circuit remain where it belongs IN THE OPEN SOURCE community. People should drop it and work on whats really needed for this circuit to work, PLUGS.

Or support people who can come up with a custom plug to work with this circuit. In future people just need to COMMUNICATE.

Ash
    Actually Ash, I learned it isn't "open source" - you will understand when
    I respond. Please be patient. I have to verify in my response to Karthi
    that I'm not revealing someone's private information.

And I also have already made tungsten plugs obsolete for certain engines
    I was going to open
    source multiple things but am now considering patenting them myself
    and only giving permission to people I that I like and trust
    under SIGNED CONTRACT to
    replicate them for personal use only and that is it -without the need to
    pay me anything.

Anyone that wants
    to make money from anything I do will need to accept my terms on
    a take it or leave it basis because I will not negotiate with crooks.

Creative Commons actually gives no protection to IP theft and anyone
    that discloses an idea has up to a year to still patent it. Also, Karthi's
    claim that anyone can make something based on a patent for personal
    use is a myth
    -
    But Karthi will continue to blow smoke up everyone's you know what.
    He is setting up everyone to be liable for something since he knows
    he is in trouble.

Again, I will clarify soon...

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    @Karthikeyan Ramanantha

I'll respond in a few hours. I'm busy and this gives everyone
    the opportunity to soak up carefully what you said.

Please don't change anything - it is screen captured and
    screen recorded.

By the way, if Arvind ownes Aquapulser and Ecoignition,
    you should not be using this account as it doesn't belong
    to you.

Leave a comment:

• aquapulser
    replied
    My point and thoughts exactly, when I told Aaron I am totally financially burnt with aquapulser ecoignition etc he offered to pay the fees for pursuing the patent.

I dont know if Aaronn is that rich or someone is putting him up to all this. If he has $10,000 why doesnt he build circuits and plugs etc and sell them or file a new patent under his name.

I told Aaron he is free to file a new patent and he keeps insisting he wants the current patent assigned to him exclusively. The only person I know who wants this patent that desperately is my partner whom I disagreed with. Aarons offer for royalties for a device that has not been made commercialized or sold from companies I am no longer associated with is also very fishy. Please explain yourself Aaron, why do you want the patents assigned to you when they should belong in the public domain???

Leave a comment:

• SilverToGold
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aquapulser
    replied
    Ashtweth Luc and I are more than happy to dissolve and withdraw the patent application.

It is Aaron who wants the patents assigned to him exclusively threatening legal action if it is not assigned to him.

"You're making a mistake explaining our private communication to the forum. Please don't dig yourself a hole you can't get out of. You are going to destroy your only chance to prevent a legal battle you cannot keep up with mentally or financially."

Those are Aarons exact words to me for revealing to this forum that he wanted the patents assigned to him!!

Leave a comment:

• ashtweth
    replied
    To all those concerned:

I am karthik one of the founders of aquapulser / ecoignition.
    Hi karthik , then let the circuit remain where it belongs IN THE OPEN SOURCE community. People should drop it and work on whats really needed for this circuit to work, PLUGS.

Or support people who can come up with a custom plug to work with this circuit. In future people just need to COMMUNICATE.

Ash

Leave a comment:

• aquapulser
    replied
    Originally posted by vrand
    Thanks for posting here. Will you be doing Aquapulser plasma testing on car engines to run on water + air, or to increase gas mileage?

Cheers,
    Mike
    Hello Mike

The system as is gives you mileage gain. The problem with water mist and plasma is simply that we never could find the right car owner willing to experiment with a newer model car. Everyone is afraid that the water will rust their cars pistons cylinders so the only cars were older cars...i mean really old cars and they really dont count in terms of meaningful results.

Here is another sparkamplifier system.
    YouTube - SparkAmp - Demo 2

The builder is claiming 40% gain from 9 miles to 14 miles on a chevy suburban.

I do believe the system with water mist will give better mileage results but as long as testing is done on ****ty or crappy engines the results will never count.

Leave a comment:

• vrand
    replied
    To all those concerned:

Thanks for posting here. Will you be doing Aquapulser plasma testing on car engines to run on water + air, or to increase gas mileage?

Cheers,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• aquapulser
    replied
    To all those concerned:

Contrary to what has been posted there are a lot of errors and claims made that i would like to clarify.

1) None of the circuit boxes sold by Aquapulser / Ecoignition / Blue phoenix are based on any circuits posted online. They are all based on spark amplification technology which is quite old.
    LOW IMPEDANCE CAPACITOR DISCHARGE SYSTEM AND METHOD - Patent 3788293
    Plasma jet ignition system for internal combustion engine - Patent 4369756
    Igniting apparatus for internal combustion engines - Patent 4029072
    High energy spark ignition system - Patent 4223656
    Plasma ignition system - Patent 4366801

this is all posted on the aquapulser website.

2) We approached Luc because we thought Luc was the SOLE inventor of the single capacitor circuit and the only inventor. If it wasnt luc but john doe we would have approached john doe. Aaron is making claims that we were not aware of at the time we approached Luc. If we knew we would have apporached Aaron as well.

3) After the patents were filed my partner Arvind and I had differences with regards to how the patent was to be commercialized and I did not feel comfortable with selling the patent exclusively to any company as the circuit had been declared open source on the internet. My partner felt that was the obvious way to make money, he and I differed so I contacted luc assigned the patent under his name and my name and dissolved the company.

4) Luc was in South Africa and is still in South Africa that is why my name appears on the patent assignment.

5) The spark amplification device which is not based on any open source circuits posted by any one this forum was displayed at SEMA and we hired Mr Richard Hann from TN to build demos for the show.

6) The company Ecoignition was dissolved and inlieu of payment to Richard Hann I registered a domain name for Richard Hann to sell the products himself as compensation for his services as he is not websavvy. Luc is in no way associated with blue Phoenix.

7) Aaron has been trying to portray everyone as some sort of shady characters trying to con the open source community and he as some sort of protector of the circuit.

8)Aaron emailed me yesterday threatening to file a petition with uspto to claim that he is the inventor. I responded to Aaron that I am not interested in continuing this patent application and neither Luc nor I have any interest in seeing this patented and that Luc and I will withdraw the patent application and sign any and all petitions.

9) His response completely shocked me when he said that he is not interested in having the patent application terminated and keep the circuit open for all, instead he wants Luc and me to fully assign the patent exclusively to him.

10) He also proposed a royalty agreement from Ecoignition and Blue Phoenix, (neither of those companies are making any products based on the circuit in question.) He also added that he will announce that the patent once assigned to him will be open for all those to experiment...which is quite redundant because any body can experiment with any patent as long as they dont sell it and make money.

11) Once again to all those who are reading these posts, I have no interest in patenting this circuit and I really dont want anybody including Aaron to be assigned exclusive rights to this.

12) If Aaron's interest is to truly protect open source why does he want Luc and myself to fully assign the patent exclusively to him when there are others who say they have also contributed to this circuit.

13) An open source circuit should not be patented by anyone under any circumstances. I have learnt this the hardway and I would like to state on record that Luc and I wish that this patent application to be withdrawn and nobody be given exclusive rights.

14) Aaron may say that he has the best interests of everybody, but I feel he is actually partnering with my other partner who now owns Ecoignition and Aquapulser to sell this overseas and make money while portraying himself as champion of the opensource community.

Aaron please clarify your position why you want this patent assigned exclusively to you instead of being withdrawn so it is TRULY OPEN SOURCE?

On a side note: I am still extremely confused about who the exclusive inventor of the Luc water spark plug circuit is? Is it luc or is it not Luc???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X