Eric's "Crystal Radio Initiative" Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish it was that simple...
    ''a massive generator and a spark gap''... are you really serious?? Do you even know that you need a SPECIFIC frequency for TMT or tthe flat spiral transformers? Do you understand that? What can I do with a spark gap? Unless the spark gap is one specifically designed so that it will have a rotating part with segments and it will charge and discharge a capacitor. The frequency produced will be a function of inductance in centimeters of the primary coil, capacitance of the capacitor, number of segments of the
    rotating spark gap, the speed of the electric motor. That is one of Dr.Tesla's patents, a mechanical oscillator. There are even equations that can be used to create such an oscillator and the discharging circuit. The frequency produced is very specific, vary accurate, needless to say that such an oscillator is best when you want to transmit electricity through the ground to different distant locations.
    Mr. Eric Paul Dollard is more than a simple electrical engineer. He is the brightest man i have seen since Dr.Tesla and Dr. Steinmetz.
    What i said earlier is of great importance to me. Even someone who holds so many wrong views like Konstantin Meyl, demonstrated that using a power amplifier and a signal generator, one can transmit through the Aether electrical energy , without the use of a single wire. Think about an installation such as the ''Apparatus for transmission of electrical energy'' of Dr.Tesla, attaching a power stage of millions of watts, what we will be able to do. Power up space ships and entire cities with energy and the distribution system will be 100% immaterial. The Aether is immaterial. The only problem is that we don't have a power stage of millions of watts yet... and i profoundly doubt that the Government of USA will just stay with it's hands in it's pockets and let us play with such technologies. Hell, the death of John Bedini and his brother might have been an assassination.
    Experiments have to be made, that's for sure. A flat spiral trafo. has two frequencies of resonance. At one of them, electricity goes through a wire or ground. At the other, if one has a power stage, from the transmitter to the receiver, electrical energy goes through the Aether in the form of a perturbation of longitudinal nature with instantaneous propagation. This small argument has a lot of weight and power in the scientific world. But nowadays ''scientists'' are a little more than apes with stone brains. Too bad, too bad. I'am really sorry.
    Last edited by Buddhafollower; 04-06-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

''Regardless of what people think of Meyl he is a professor and does have a doctorate and is a teacher with academic credits'' ---- aaaaa, so according to you, Meyl who is deluding himself and others too, has the right to teach others and Dr.Dollard who is a real scientist cannot. That's what you want to tell me. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhafollower View Post
        ''Regardless of what people think of Meyl he is a professor and does have a doctorate and is a teacher with academic credits'' ---- aaaaa, so according to you, Meyl who is deluding himself and others too, has the right to teach others and Dr.Dollard who is a real scientist cannot. That's what you want to tell me. Right?
        But no one here knows that to be true until we are 'shown' it to be true. For all we know you simply hate meyl and wish to discredit him? Meyl teaches at the University of Applied Sciences in Furtwangen and has written peer reviewed papers, which university does epd teach at and what does he teach that has been peer reviewed? Please give me something to hang my hat on here, anything?

Uhg, I thought I was bad with the edits

At the other, if one has a power stage, from the transmitter to the receiver, electrical energy goes through the Aether in the form of a perturbation of longitudinal nature with instantaneous propagation. This small argument has a lot of weight and power in the scientific world. But nowadays ''scientists'' are a little more than apes with stone brains. Too bad, too bad. I'am really sorry.
        Nothing known to man propagates 'instantaneously', that is impossible as far as we know.

Meyl has agreed with tesla however that the scalar wave is 1.5 times faster then the speed of light.

I wish it was that simple...
        ''a massive generator and a spark gap''... are you really serious?? Do you even know that you need a SPECIFIC frequency for TMT or tthe flat spiral transformers? Do you understand that? What can I do with a spark gap? Unless the spark gap is one specifically designed so that it will have a rotating part with segments and it will charge and discharge a capacitor. The frequency produced will be a function of inductance in centimeters of the primary coil, capacitance of the capacitor, number of segments of the
        rotating spark gap, the speed of the electric motor. That is one of Dr.Tesla's patents, a mechanical oscillator. There are even equations that can be used to create such an oscillator and the discharging circuit. The frequency produced is very specific, vary accurate, needless to say that such an oscillator is best when you want to transmit electricity through the ground to different distant locations.
        Mr. Eric Paul Dollard is more than a simple electrical engineer. He is the brightest man i have seen since Dr.Tesla and Dr. Steinmetz.
        What i said earlier is of great importance to me. Even someone who holds so many wrong views like Konstantin Meyl, demonstrated that using a power amplifier and a signal generator, one can transmit through the Aether electrical energy , without the use of a single wire. Think about an installation such as the ''Apparatus for transmission of electrical energy'' of Dr.Tesla, attaching a power stage of millions of watts, what we will be able to do. Power up space ships and entire cities with energy and the distribution system will be 100% immaterial. The Aether is immaterial.
        No one to date has pointed out much less actually 'shown' Meyl to be wrong in anything. Where do you get that from?

Meyl has 'demonstrated' and as far as I am concerned 'proven' by demonstration the transmission of power using a TMT experimentally so I am unable to determine 'exactly' what it is you think he is doing wrong? I proposed specific questions to Dr Green to that effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3dCRmwfZss

Above please refer to the lecture Meyl gave along with the accompanying demonstration. I have never seen 'any' demonstration from epd on the 'TMT' but I would like to if you can find one especially if he made one that proves meyl wrong. If you really want to get my attention maybe you can get epd to demonstrate for us how to light a 100 watt incandescent bulb far field with a crystal radio and standard resonating rod broadcast radio station as the source?

You have not responded to the questions I asked Dr Green here in post 71 http://www.energeticforum.com/309380-post71.html pertaining to where Dr Green believes meyl is wrong, so it seems you may be talking about something completely different?
        Last edited by Kokomoj0; 04-06-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

The propagation of light through the Cosmic Aether is instantaneous. Light has no speed.
          Indeed, Dr.Tesla said that through an inductor which has an inductance and a natural capacitance between the turns such as a flat spiral transformer, the current travels at a certain speed. This speed is given by a mathematical law. The speed will depend on certain things in the circuit, such as inductance and natural capacitance. This is the speed of a Transverse Electro-Magnetic current. This type of electric current indeed has a speed. On the other hand, the Longitudinal Magneto-Dielectric current propagates instantaneously, meaning the constant 186,000 miles/second has nothing to do with this. Einstein of course said nothing about such an electric current and therefore it is not accepted by the clergy with stone brains.
          '' Meyl teaches at the University of Applied Sciences in Furtwangen and has written peer reviewed papers'' --- so not only that he is deluding himself, now others just like him are working at the same delusion. How can blind people see light? At least he brought me some benefits by showing the working patent of Dr.Tesla, the true genius. I remember that i saw one video of Mayl on YT platform and he talked about some particles like ''neutrinos'' and some sub atomic particles which are all garbage and on this nowadays ''science'' relies upon. Meyl's colleagues go on ranting about how the Aether is an illusion and ''pseudoscience'' and so on. How can someone believe such things? Have you even heard about the book ''The manufacture and selling of saint Einstein''?? You give me your e-mail address and i send this book to you.

Comment

In this world the Truth never belonged to the mainstream. Only few courageous people who dared to confront the world found the Truth. The mob is easily indoctrinated and manipulated by the leaders. I rely not on ''the scientific community'' for it is full of mad man and mad women.

Comment

Part 1

Originally posted by Kokomoj0 View Post
              First that appears to be an artists conceptual drawing and interpretation of what tesla is doing not something tesla would have drawn?
              I don't think Tesla personally drew that image, but it's from an article which he wrote.

Originally posted by Nikola Tesla
              Imagine the earth to be a bag of rubber filled with water, a small quantity of which is periodically forced in and out of the same by means of a reciprocating pump, as illustrated. If the strokes of the latter are effected in intervals of more than one hour and forty-eight minutes, sufficient for the transmission of the impulse thru the whole mass, the entire bag will expand and contract and corresponding movements will be imparted to pressure gauges or movable pistons with the same intensity, irrespective of distance. By working the pump faster, shorter waves will be produced which, on reaching the opposite end of the bag, may be reflected and give rise to stationary nodes and loops, but in any case, the fluid being incompressible, its enclosure perfectly elastic, and the frequency of oscillations not very high, the energy will be economically transmitted and very little power consumed so long as no work is done in the receivers. This is a crude but correct representation of my wireless system in which, however, I resort to various refinements. Thus, for instance, the pump is made part of a resonant system of great inertia, enormously magnifying the force of the imprest impulses. The receiving devices are similarly conditioned and in this manner the amount of energy collected in them vastly increased.

The Hertz wave system is in many respects the very opposite of this. To explain it by analogy, the piston of the pump is assumed to vibrate to and fro at a terrific rate and the orifice thru which the fluid passes in and out of the cylinder is reduced to a small hole. There is scarcely any movement of the fluid and almost the whole work performed results in the production of radiant heat, of which an infinitesimal part is recovered in a remote locality. However incredible, it is true that the minds of some of the ablest experts have been from the beginning, and still are, obsessed by this monstrous idea, and so it comes that the true wireless art, to which I laid the foundation in 1893, has been retarded in its development for twenty years.
              Famous Scientific Illusions | Tesla Universe

This is also why Meyl's coils work "inside shielding" as he calls it, but that's simply because the shielding is totally irrelevant and it's not doing anything, the energy isn't even trying to go that way. Like wearing sunscreen at night.

This image is from the so-called "Rare Notes". Ernst has covered this more in the past and he's actively experimenting with such things in his impressive top secret facility ( TheMage00000 - YouTube ). Basically it shows a 3rd coil at the transmitter site with a discharge at the top terminal of the transmitter in to it like a giant spark gap. He's using it to try to maximise the activity on the ground terminal/in the ground. That 3rd coil isn't relevant to the basic working principle or theory, it's just to illustrate a certain possible configuration when looking for methods to improve upon the basic effect, because as he writes he had funding issues so had to come up with ideas to somehow get the lower frequencies he wanted without it being massive and costing millions.

Rare notes from Tesla on Wardenclyffe | Tesla Universe

Arent both the above single wire transmission?

That looks like a single wire receiving coil to me?
              Agreed.

What do you believe is misinformation from meyl? That the 2 coils can operate together in a long distance coupled fashion?
              It's not that they "can't", they must do with the way he's using them. But that's only half the story. He's reflecting energy back and froth between the two terminals on the top of each coil via the coils, essentially. The transmitter is supposed to work like a 1/4 wave resonator should do independently, and that's it. He should be using some sort of ground plane, and the ground plane should be big enough that connecting the receiver doesn't have any effect on the (tuning of the) transmitter at all. Then the receiver works like an independent 1/4 wave resonator from the oscillations coming in to it via the earth/ground plane connection. The properties of the earth/ground plane should be so big that 1/4 wave resonance and tuning of each individual coil is maintained and nothing becomes two separated halves of one, or some harmonic frequency or such.

It's like you're jumping up and down in a swimming pool, and you're causing waves which propagate along the length of the pool, reflect off the far end and come back to you. Then someone drops a rubber duck into the water at the far end of the pool. The rubber duck starts to move up and down on the waves that you created on the other end. The duck isn't a requirement of a waving pool, it's just oscillating in unison with the waves you create. So in this way it's easy to see how a SINGLE TERMINAL/single wire transmission system works, why any coil can be "shielded" with a Faraday cage or isolated "in space" as long as it's connected (or coupled) to the earth so the oscillations can enter, and why Tesla used a hydraulic hand pump analogy, because it describes perfectly what's happening. There's no need for any of Meyl's theories on it, coupling through the air doesn't even enter one's mind because it's clear that's not what's happening.

Distance should not matter only conductivity. How does distance matter?
              I don't know, there's a lot to be experimented with in that area. It's a lot more problematic than the stuff that's above ground because there's no easy way to put a lot of metal underground. What I can say is when using two diodes as an AV plug, an LED can be lit from lightly touching the "input" wire on the earth near the earth terminal of the transmitter, and the power diminishes with distance. When using a receiver coil, the received power can be varied through adjusting the depth of a copper pipe that's being used as the receiver ground terminal. And the same applies when holding a bulb in the bucket of soil. Depth is very important and the power varies significantly even if the distance remains the same.

As for Meyl, in one breath he says the energy is going from one coil to another through the wire, and then he puts a metal box in between them and proclaims "the energy can't be shielded". Well no, he just said so himself, the energy is going through the wire. Doesn't take a genius to then figure out why "it can't be shielded" with a piece of metal between them He contradicts himself right there and apparently doesn't even notice, or at least doesn't remind everyone of the importance of the wire in that situation. He's promoting the space between the coils as having significance, when it doesn't. It's all about the wire which he forgot about in the space of 30 seconds.

He also seems oblivious to the effect that putting his hand near the capacitance terminal of the coil would have on the tuning. He calls putting his hand near it "shielding" because the output of the LED diminishes when he puts his hand there. I call it "detuning", because that's exactly what it is. My coil does it when I walk within 2 metres. I can also stand between the transmitter and receiver and nothing happens at all, because I'm not close enough to affect the tuning of either one, and the energy is going through the wire that I have connecting them, so my standing there doesn't make any difference. Same experiment, different results - because I'm aware that holding my hand 10cm away from the coil is obviously going to have an effect, as are many others who have ever built a Tesla coil. So why someone as intelligent as Meyl doesn't realise or acknowledge this basic fact is anyone's guess. What's the reason for claiming that he's shielding the transmission?

He just seems to have this idea that the air/space plays a role, so he's coming up with explanations that fit inside that even at the cost of being full of easily identifiable contradictions. Maybe he's correct within a certain context, but as I've said before, if Meyl wants to describe what Meyl does, then good for him. But if Meyl is describing what Tesla did, then he's totally wrong and he's spreading false information.

What did tesla mean by 'with a self-inducting' coil? What kind of coil is that?
              Where was that written? It might depend on context but usually it just means a normal inductor/coil, or maybe one with relatively high inductance.

all I see this quote referring to is wireless not receiverless? How did you derive receiverless? I have no issues with your saying it works without a receiver, but then I can get flourescents to light up near a cb stick antenna too. Nothing special.
              It's basically just high frequency AC. The difference is this isn't about energising gas in an RF field, this is passing current through a filament and causing it to heat up. The receiverless works because the earth becomes "energised", like the waves in the swimming pool above. If you connect certain loads that don't need tuning then energy will flow through it. That's illustrated by the diagram talking about plugging bulbs directly into the earth, and the same experiment which you probably know about that Tesla is said to have done. It certainly works with a bucket of soil, and the soil "radiates" enough energy to light a neon bulb and fluorescents. I would expect the exact same effect happens with the earth itself when more power is used because I've been able to light LEDs and hear my own transmission through a crystal earpiece in my garden.

Probably the most curious thing of all is why should the energy want to flow from "ground" to an elevated piece of metal, or human body, and do work in the process, when it seems so much easier to just not do any of it.

Can you see what's happening at 7:00 in my video clearly enough? The energy is going from the ground end of the coil to a 20cm length of 6mm diameter stainless steel rod pushed in the plastic bucket of soil. A stainless steel bowl is placed next to the bucket and is connected to one terminal of a bulb, and the other terminal is connected to a larger stainless steel bowl. Energy flows from the soil, couples with the small bowl, for some reason wants to also flow to the bigger bowl, so much so that it goes through the resistance of the filament causing it to heat up and produce light. Adding bigger pieces of metal on the far end of the filament will cause even more energy to flow through and light even brighter. Meanwhile, the bucket of soil itself is resting on a concrete floor at ground level and is most likely coupling to the earth also, so not optimal conditions for doing an isolated experiment.
              http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

Part 2

So I agree 'in part', that part being that the TMT can operate by itself with things close by, however as you can see from meyls experiments that when he turns on the receiver it completely pulls down the transmitter, hence a coupling effect that is impossible to get in a standard broadcast situation, because in a standard broadcast situation you can have a trillion antennas receiving the signal with no pull down of the transmitter. Please explain How you made your conclusions.
                That's exactly what you don't want. That's probably because he's connecting his coils directly without an adequate amount of grounding by default, so he's changing the tuning of his transmitter when he connects his receiver. By that I mean, the transmitter should be tuned with some constant base reference. You don't want the resonant frequency changing when someone adds a load. Hence if it's connected to the earth or a big capacitance that pulls the frequency down to what I'll call "natural", then connecting the relatively tiny capacitance of the receiver won't have any effect on the tuning of the transmitter. That's why one should use a ground plane and why I use the bucket of soil, it more accurately simulates a fixed reference grounding than having floating resonant frequencies which always vary depending on what you happen to have connected at the time. And to add to that, if you're building an optimised transmitter OR receiver, you don't want one interfering with the other because you won't have a clue what's going on in either one. When the transmitter properly transmits, then you can connect a receiver and work on that part to make it receive properly. But then that's the whole point of the CRI, the coil is the same. You build it for x frequency, tune it to x frequency, then it will transmit or receive at x frequency. Give or take the differences your supply/load circuit has on the tuning. Whether or not one can light a 100w bulb remains to be seen because a radio antenna is designed for the exact opposite purpose, but some portion of the energy must be sent through the earth regardless due to the way 1/4 wave resonance works, and they're transmitting 50-200kW if not more, so it's an interesting thing to find out.

Have you taken your light bulbs a mile away? I need a plethora of full explanations to supprt what you are saying so I hope you have the tenacity to respond to all these questions/points I am making without skipping any, I have no problem what so ever with blunt, I am the king of blunt
                Not yet, but it will get done at some point. I'm going to have to bury a lot of copper pipes in the garden to be able to do that, as well as devise a high power amplifier. The 1860 kc CSTMT designs are the most popular so maybe one day we can get an experimental network started for doing all kinds of experiments in a variety of countries.

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

I have never seen 'any' demonstration from epd on the 'TMT' but I would like to if you can find one especially if he made one that proves meyl wrong.
                  Including transmission and reception at 57 mins:

Tesla's Longitudinal Electricity - A Lab Demonstration - YouTube

Receiving radio signal through a flat spiral coil connected to a fire hydrant at the beginning:

The Tesla-Marconi Wireless System - A Guided Tour - YouTube

Comment

@kokomoj0 Can you please show me where Konstantin Meyl built a ''Magnifying Transmitter''? Where is the video? i only know of one video in which he uses flat spiral trafo. Nothing about a trafo. with a resonator which people wrongly believe to be a MT.

Comment

Good day,
                      What i really don't understand is why do people use such high frequencies (example: 1860K cycles/second, 560kcycles/s etc.) when Dr.Tesla said very clearly that TMT works at frequencies from few to thousands of hertz. Actually, i think he said that the MT works at frequencies below 20KHz. I don't think that we nowadays have the true schematic diagram of the MT as Dr.Tesla intended it to be. What we have is the ''Apparatus for transmitting electrical energy'' patent No.1,119,732. That's all we have and this installation naturally won't work at frequencies below 20kHz. Even the way it is drawn shows that the frequency will be in the range of tens of kHz to few hundreds of kHz judging by the ratio of the resonator. But that installation is not the Magnifying Transmitter. It is yet another device for the transmission of electricity through the ground. Very useful indeed.
                      The energy radiates more readily as frequency increases, and radiation isn't what one wants, and according to Tesla the earth conducts best between 20-35 kc. But it's highly unlikely that the average person is going to be able to build something on that scale because it would be huge and expensive, so something like 1860 kc scales it down to a manageable size while still achieving the same effects. The efficiency difference isn't as important because it's not meant to power the earth's population. Also one can only legally transmit within certain frequency bands with an amateur radio license, otherwise the communications regulations agencies will come looking for you.

Comment

Dr. Meyl's Experimental Kit and Observations I Made

I own one of Meyl's experimental kits (and extra parts I bought from his group to hook up multiple receivers), and confirmed his kit does transfer energy in a way we were never shown in Electrical Engineering school (I got an A in fields and waves class circa 1985). What Dr. Meyl says in his thick book which I purchased then read the whole thing, is correct based on my knowledge so far; I like how his vector math taught me the principle why vdivB is not zero as schooling incorrectly taught me divB is always zero (the v is also missing, I added that back in after doing the math myself). The I-V phase I do measure as 90deg in longitudinal mode both at transmit and receive ends where my measurements convinced me that all of the energy transfers to one or more receivers I connected (Meyl's kit operates at around 7MHz in longitudinal mode and around 4MHz in transverse mode). In the 180deg or transverse mode touching the receiver upsets and detunes the circuit, whereas I observe that the receiver when tuned in the kit's longitudinal mode does not care if I touch its scatteron (a scatteron is the metal globe). When I add my own halogen bulb on Meyl's receiver and drive Meyl's transmitter with a power amp the interaction is more complicated but Meyl's kit does light it up and create fields high enough to burn skin by touching it lightly (small surface area). I use a generator and power amp rather than Meyl's weak little generator included with his kit.

Dr. Meyl's kit does clearly demonstrate for me operation outside of the near-field lambda/6 in longitudinal mode ~7MHz. In transverse mode ~4MHz energy drops off rapidly as expected. I actually have a bunch of unpublished reports I wrote for myself documenting all the tests I did before embarking on making my own scaled-down version kit which works as hoped, and talks to Meyl's kit because (I designed mine to be the same as his frequency and it is close enough to interact with Meyl's). Thanks to Steve Jackson for helping me realize to alternatively use pulses instead of sine waves!

Dr. Meyl's kit does have quirks and I do believe there is something going on with atmospheric pressure to change its behavior somewhat. Too bad we do not have the appropriate electromagnetic simulator and are stuck with Ansoft HFSS and Maxwell that are not designed for longitudinal wave analysis from what I was able to learn working (training) with their engineers.

The main thing I learned that is not obvious with Dr. Meyl's kit, is the connecting wire needs to avoid coupling to earth or the kit does not transfer power at these very low voltages. I looked hard to see what Meyl was doing and I think he might have been stringing his connecting wire overhead in the gym photo I saw with a kit in there, to avoid its giving up the energy to the earth.

My suspicion is high voltage is required to break down the interface or work function between particles and make the earth into a wire, like Tesla intended. Alternatively my suspicion is an aquaduct is required at the transmitter wire as Tesla put a long shaft into the earth from my understanding. My experiment of placing copper wires into a grassy field where I tested Meyl's kit using a UPS floating supply, failed until the wire was lifted off the earth. I confirmed this again by placing copper strips on the concrete slab at my lab used as a connecting wire, where similarly the system fails to work and I have to lift the wire up off the earth to avoid coupling and losing the energy.

Adam Griffin, BSEE 1988 University of California San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by griffin.adam.h@gmail.com View Post
                          The main thing I learned that is not obvious with Dr. Meyl's kit, is the connecting wire needs to avoid coupling to earth or the kit does not transfer power at these very low voltages. I looked hard to see what Meyl was doing and I think he might have been stringing his connecting wire overhead in the gym photo I saw with a kit in there, to avoid its giving up the energy to the earth.

My suspicion is high voltage is required to break down the interface or work function between particles and make the earth into a wire... My experiment of placing copper wires into a grassy field where I tested Meyl's kit using a UPS floating supply, failed until the wire was lifted off the earth. I confirmed this again by placing copper strips on the concrete slab at my lab used as a connecting wire, where similarly the system fails to work and I have to lift the wire up off the earth to avoid coupling and losing the energy.
                          Just to prove it's possible, or at least should be if he did it properly,

Power to primary coil = 32.6 mW peak / 23 mW RMS
                          A crystal earpiece is connected to the receiver like the diagram shows, and taped on to the microphone of the camera to hear what's being received:

Nikola Tesla Magnifying Transmitter - Wireless Telluric Transmission Of Energy - The Evidence Mk. 2 - YouTube

Earlier experiments lighting LEDs in (through) the garden with and without receiver. The power supply in both cases consists of a tiny surface mount op amp:

Tesla Wireless Telluric Transmission Test-01 - In The Snow - YouTube

Coupling to the earth does have a negative impact on output relative to isolated experiments, but even Meyl's coils should still be able to produce the effect at low voltages, it's just harder to see, and may take some tuning to find. But what I said above regarding grounding/ground plane applies exactly for this reason. In fact you may notice in the video that the wire connecting to the receiver picks up the signal from the earth without even being connected to the ground rod, because the wire is resting on the earth.

On the subject of Meyl's coils, does he mention anywhere what the conductor length on his coils is?
                          Last edited by dR-Green; 04-07-2018, 02:56 AM.

Comment

More LEDs lit through the earth, this time using Colorado Springs coils. 2:30 = shielding?! (I'm standing between the transmitter and receiver, but the terminals can still see each other ). Sorry, I just find it totally bizarre that he thinks that effect is somehow a shielding or blocking of the transmission from one coil to another.

Tesla Wireless Power Transmission Colorado Springs Style - YouTube
                            Last edited by dR-Green; 04-07-2018, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                              More LEDs lit through the earth, this time using Colorado Springs coils. 2:30 = shielding?! (I'm standing between the transmitter and receiver, but the terminals can still see each other ). Sorry, I just find it totally bizarre that he thinks that effect is somehow a shielding or blocking of the transmission from one coil to another.

Tesla Wireless Power Transmission Colorado Springs Style - YouTube

Sorry for taking so long to get back, and double sorry that I forgot where tesla said it himself that a scalar wave is developed when you have a 'set' of coils. You can only run it in radiation mode as one coil. If you have not read this it documents many of teslas experiments with the results and logic behind his reasoning.

https://books.google.com/books?id=xMlnQQm_tgoC&pg=PA225&lpg=PA225&dq=tesla+ selfinducting+coil&source=bl&ots=cF8kgXQXWt&sig=PC 03mQn9HOOuQ9rWiZiQetBosO8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs 1dW1qKfaAhVo4YMKHVhXDEkQ6AEIKzAA#v=onepage&q&f=fal se

for Meyl he is agreeing with tesla and did the shielding trick to prove tesla had a scalar wave through the ground. To do this he dropped the receiver voltage down so the leds would 'just' light up. Then he shielded it at both frequencies and at the scalar freq they stayed lit and at the Hz freq they died out.

If we agree that the TMtransmitter is the 'source' of energy then regardless of what happens with the frequency putting an increasing load on the receiver coil 'must' result in pulling more energy from the transmitter. I think he did this by connecting the ground between them. This will not happen with a standard broadcast transmitter.

Another problem I have is that everyone makes 'near field' measurements which are not valid. We have to be well greater than 1 wavelength with the receiver to insure here is no radiating em-interference. So for your device that would be upwards of 150 meters away.
                              Last edited by Kokomoj0; 04-07-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by griffin.adam.h@gmail.com View Post
                                I own one of Meyl's experimental kits (and extra parts I bought from his group to hook up multiple receivers), and confirmed his kit does transfer energy in a way we were never shown in Electrical Engineering school (I got an A in fields and waves class circa 1985). What Dr. Meyl says in his thick book which I purchased then read the whole thing, is correct based on my knowledge so far; I like how his vector math taught me the principle why vdivB is not zero as schooling incorrectly taught me divB is always zero (the v is also missing, I added that back in after doing the math myself). The I-V phase I do measure as 90deg in longitudinal mode both at transmit and receive ends where my measurements convinced me that all of the energy transfers to one or more receivers I connected (Meyl's kit operates at around 7MHz in longitudinal mode and around 4MHz in transverse mode). In the 180deg or transverse mode touching the receiver upsets and detunes the circuit, whereas I observe that the receiver when tuned in the kit's longitudinal mode does not care if I touch its scatteron (a scatteron is the metal globe). When I add my own halogen bulb on Meyl's receiver and drive Meyl's transmitter with a power amp the interaction is more complicated but Meyl's kit does light it up and create fields high enough to burn skin by touching it lightly (small surface area). I use a generator and power amp rather than Meyl's weak little generator included with his kit.

Dr. Meyl's kit does clearly demonstrate for me operation outside of the near-field lambda/6 in longitudinal mode ~7MHz. In transverse mode ~4MHz energy drops off rapidly as expected. I actually have a bunch of unpublished reports I wrote for myself documenting all the tests I did before embarking on making my own scaled-down version kit which works as hoped, and talks to Meyl's kit because (I designed mine to be the same as his frequency and it is close enough to interact with Meyl's). Thanks to Steve Jackson for helping me realize to alternatively use pulses instead of sine waves!

Dr. Meyl's kit does have quirks and I do believe there is something going on with atmospheric pressure to change its behavior somewhat. Too bad we do not have the appropriate electromagnetic simulator and are stuck with Ansoft HFSS and Maxwell that are not designed for longitudinal wave analysis from what I was able to learn working (training) with their engineers.

My suspicion is high voltage is required to break down the interface or work function between particles and make the earth into a wire, like Tesla intended. Alternatively my suspicion is an aquaduct is required at the transmitter wire as Tesla put a long shaft into the earth from my understanding. My experiment of placing copper wires into a grassy field where I tested Meyl's kit using a UPS floating supply, failed until the wire was lifted off the earth. I confirmed this again by placing copper strips on the concrete slab at my lab used as a connecting wire, where similarly the system fails to work and I have to lift the wire up off the earth to avoid coupling and losing the energy.

Adam Griffin, BSEE 1988 University of California San Diego
                                Did you investigate the cause? I presume the wires were not insulated and you were not able to get your amp (a little larger current) to work either? A thought came to mind and its probably nothing, but was there any dc offset imposed on the ground line in either polarity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_conductivity
                                Last edited by Kokomoj0; 04-08-2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X