The Farnsworth Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Farnsworth Project

Eric Dollard is quoted in an interview with Thomas Brown, speaking of the Farnsworth Multipactor as a free energy device; "Yes, probably the only real free energy device that anyone ever demonstrated which can be reproduced."

An article on the Borderlands website offers anecdotal evidence that Farnsworth operated a multipactor oscillator as a transmitter with a 25 watt input and a 25 watt output.

More information about the Multipactor can also be found in an article about the Farnsworth Fusor and of course in the Farnsworth patents themselves.

multipactor by OrionLightShip

After extensive studying of Farnsworth's patents, and without empirical evidence; I cannot arbitrarily agree with the 25 in and 25 out statement. It is possible however, that he improved his designs enough that it is, in fact, true. I believe it to be so, because I believe that I have found what he knew. Note that with the same power input and output, it becomes possible to daisy chain an infinite number of tubes and with extremely hot cathodes (~ 1000 C ) the implications and advantage becomes obvious if the cathodes extend out of the sealed tube with a fluted heat sink as is done on high power vacuum tubes in order to cool the plate.

Farnsworth's documents and lab notes are archived at a university in Utah, however, the university web site states that some material may be restricted due to State or Federal laws. One would immediately surmise that National Security might be the reason for such restrictions, yet I don't believe the powers that be would allow material left in documents of this importance to reside in a university library, so one is left to draw their own conclusions as to why these restrictions might apply to Farnsworth or if in fact they even apply specifically to his archive.

Multipactors utilize cathode coatings ( ~5 microns ) that emit multiple secondary electrons upon impact of one primary electron. Even pure metals such as nickel, silver, gold will work but modern high temperature secondary emitting materials use a cermet (ceramic metal) high temperature material such as 80% magnesium oxide and 20% gold, silver, or nickel co-sputtered onto the main cathode body. The secondary electrons come from the cathode's and coating's free electron source, and must be replaced as energy is withdrawn from a load.

The secondary electrons have little energy when they come off the cathode surface and must be accelerated to the other side of the tube. Farnsworth used a high voltage (hundreds) on the anode to accelerate the electrons from one side of the tube to the other. Some electrons become out of phase and never aquire enough velocity to strike the opposing cathode. They make several trips back and forth past the anode giving up their electrostatic energy to the cathodes and resonant tank circuit and slow down until they are collected on the anode. The power supply then must do work to re-insert electrons back into the circuit via a center tapped inductor in the tank circuit.

Losses at the anode constitute almost all of the losses encountered in this device and Farnsworth's later iterations provided for interrupting the anode current ( pulsing ) which increased efficiency on the order of a full magnitude. It became so efficient that it was necessary to either de-tune the tank circuit or to pull energy out of the curcuit by imposing a load as shown in the circuit diagram I have provided. Failure to compensate for the increased efficiency would lead to a run away condition that would destroy the tube in short order.

The reason for the improved efficiency is quite obvious. The anode acts first to accelerate the electron and then acts to slow it down after passing through the anode on the way to the other cathode. This creates a situation whereby many electrons never strike the cathode and end up "dying" and being collected by the anode instead of multiplying. By pulsing the anode at the proper interval and with the proper duty cycle, the anode current losses can be significantly reduced but not eliminated as many electrons, due to phase relationships caused by time of emission and coloumb repulsion in the electron cloud will still "get lost" and do not make the trip with the proper timing to the other cathode.

The solution is, of course to eliminate the anode and it's inherent losses and replace it with a device that accelerates the electrons from one side to the other without ever imposing a "slow down" condition. More electrons can make the full trip and multiply and therefore more energy is available to the load. Another feature in my design (not shown) force the "slow" electrons back onto the cathodes for reuse. Provision must be made for injecting electrons back into the cathode free electron supply to fulfill all circuit requirements. Can you tell me what that looks like?

Hint: No magnet required or desired.

Provisions have been made with two attorneys and four familly members that if I should die for any reason, copies of my notebook will be made available to a long list of people involved in the free energy research realm, including this and other forums as well. Faxes will fly!

My success or failure will be published here for two reasons. I don't want others to try and duplicate something that doesn't work, the likes of which you see on youtube. If successful it will be used to free humanity. If I ever make a dime off this, it will only occur as a result of building devices for those incapable of doing it themselves. Greed on this planet must come to an end and we must become sovereign and self-sufficient and not reliant upon the failed concept of industrialized agriculture and a government that no longer tolerates peaceful demonstrations or healthy food production. Community values and food growing co-ops are our future. Money and corruption must become our past.

Argentina anyone? Wish me luck.

Orion

Good luck Orion!

Comment

good luck friend
      Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionLightShip View Post
        Eric Dollard is quoted in an interview with Thomas Brown, speaking of the Farnsworth Multipactor as a free energy device; "Yes, probably the only real free energy device that anyone ever demonstrated which can be reproduced."
        Orion
        I agree maybe masked by spark.

some tools for this effect here :
        Multipactor calculator

experiment :
        Farnsworth Fusor and Multipactor

materials effect :
        http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstr...-4-3-863-1.pdf

official site
        Emc2 Fusion Development Corporation

using different material plates - different potential because of different secondary emission?

interesting:
        The boy who invented television: a ... - Paul Schatzkin - Google Libri
        Last edited by wings; 11-22-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Orion, Wishing you success.
          Gene

Comment

Thanks for the references, one of them contained verification that I knew instinctively but had never seen written down in black and white.

Originally posted by wings View Post
            I agree maybe masked by spark.

some tools for this effect here :
            Multipactor calculator

experiment :
            Farnsworth Fusor and Multipactor

materials effect :
            http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstr...-4-3-863-1.pdf

official site
            Emc2 Fusion Development Corporation

using different material plates - different potential because of different secondary emission?

interesting:
            The boy who invented television: a ... - Paul Schatzkin - Google Libri

Comment

I figured the pics would be better suited here, this is a simple layout for the multipactor based purely on the dwgs available. The actual layout may indeed change based upon pressure etc..
              enjoy...
              Attached Files

Comment

that is some nice, pretty, legacy artwork.

Comment

Hi folks, Hi orion, I don't know much about the multipactor device function, though these words are golden to my ears.

If successful it will be used to free humanity. If I ever make a dime off this, it will only occur as a result of building devices for those incapable of doing it themselves. Greed on this planet must come to an end and we must become sovereign and self-sufficient and not reliant upon the failed concept of industrialized agriculture and a government that no longer tolerates peaceful demonstrations or healthy food production. Community values and food growing co-ops are our future. Money and corruption must become our past.
                  PEACE LOVE LIGHT BROTHERS AND SISTERS
                  we the sovereign, will reclaim this planet in all ways.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionLightShip View Post

An article on the Borderlands website offers anecdotal evidence that Farnsworth operated a multipactor oscillator as a transmitter with a 25 watt input and a 25 watt output.

More information about the Multipactor can also be found in an article about the Farnsworth Fusor and of course in the Farnsworth patents themselves.

multipactor by OrionLightShip

After extensive studying of Farnsworth's patents, and without empirical evidence; I cannot arbitrarily agree with the 25 in and 25 out statement. It is possible however, that he improved his designs enough that it is, in fact, true. I believe it to be so, because I believe that I have found what he knew. Note that with the same power input and output, it becomes possible to daisy chain an infinite number of tubes and with extremely hot cathodes (~ 1000 C ) the implications and advantage becomes obvious if the cathodes extend out of the sealed tube with a fluted heat sink as is done on high power vacuum tubes in order to cool the plate.

Farnsworth's documents and lab notes are archived at a university in Utah, however, the university web site states that some material may be restricted due to State or Federal laws. One would immediately surmise that National Security might be the reason for such restrictions, yet I don't believe the powers that be would allow material left in documents of this importance to reside in a university library, so one is left to draw their own conclusions as to why these restrictions might apply to Farnsworth or if in fact they even apply specifically to his archive.

Multipactors utilize cathode coatings ( ~5 microns ) that emit multiple secondary electrons upon impact of one primary electron. Even pure metals such as nickel, silver, gold will work but modern high temperature secondary emitting materials use a cermet (ceramic metal) high temperature material such as 80% magnesium oxide and 20% gold, silver, or nickel co-sputtered onto the main cathode body. The secondary electrons come from the cathode's and coating's free electron source, and must be replaced as energy is withdrawn from a load.

The secondary electrons have little energy when they come off the cathode surface and must be accelerated to the other side of the tube. Farnsworth used a high voltage (hundreds) on the anode to accelerate the electrons from one side of the tube to the other. Some electrons become out of phase and never aquire enough velocity to strike the opposing cathode. They make several trips back and forth past the anode giving up their electrostatic energy to the cathodes and resonant tank circuit and slow down until they are collected on the anode. The power supply then must do work to re-insert electrons back into the circuit via a center tapped inductor in the tank circuit.

Losses at the anode constitute almost all of the losses encountered in this device and Farnsworth's later iterations provided for interrupting the anode current ( pulsing ) which increased efficiency on the order of a full magnitude. It became so efficient that it was necessary to either de-tune the tank circuit or to pull energy out of the curcuit by imposing a load as shown in the circuit diagram I have provided. Failure to compensate for the increased efficiency would lead to a run away condition that would destroy the tube in short order.

The reason for the improved efficiency is quite obvious. The anode acts first to accelerate the electron and then acts to slow it down after passing through the anode on the way to the other cathode. This creates a situation whereby many electrons never strike the cathode and end up "dying" and being collected by the anode instead of multiplying. By pulsing the anode at the proper interval and with the proper duty cycle, the anode current losses can be significantly reduced but not eliminated as many electrons, due to phase relationships caused by time of emission and coloumb repulsion in the electron cloud will still "get lost" and do not make the trip with the proper timing to the other cathode.

The solution is, of course to eliminate the anode and it's inherent losses and replace it with a device that accelerates the electrons from one side to the other without ever imposing a "slow down" condition. More electrons can make the full trip and multiply and therefore more energy is available to the load. Another feature in my design (not shown) force the "slow" electrons back onto the cathodes for reuse. Provision must be made for injecting electrons back into the cathode free electron supply to fulfill all circuit requirements. Can you tell me what that looks like?

Hint: No magnet required or desired.

Provisions have been made with two attorneys and four familly members that if I should die for any reason, copies of my notebook will be made available to a long list of people involved in the free energy research realm, including this and other forums as well. Faxes will fly!

My success or failure will be published here for two reasons. I don't want others to try and duplicate something that doesn't work, the likes of which you see on youtube. If successful it will be used to free humanity. If I ever make a dime off this, it will only occur as a result of building devices for those incapable of doing it themselves. Greed on this planet must come to an end and we must become sovereign and self-sufficient and not reliant upon the failed concept of industrialized agriculture and a government that no longer tolerates peaceful demonstrations or healthy food production. Community values and food growing co-ops are our future. Money and corruption must become our past.

Argentina anyone? Wish me luck.

Orion
                    I am in Utah at the moment, would you like me to visit the university and see if I cannot get a hold of the documents you are looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Armagdn03 View Post
                      I am in Utah at the moment, would you like me to visit the university and see if I cannot get a hold of the documents you are looking for?
                      His works are huge. I am sure they won't let you copy them because the light of a copier degrades them. It may even be on microfilm. You could search them for years and never find the secrets he may or may not have there. I do appreciate your offer though, and I certainly do not discourage you from going just to see his notebooks and genius.

Orion

Comment

Thank you SkyWatcher. I am not the only one on this forum with these thoughts and beliefs. I believe that most people here know that open source is the only way. Because of your SkyWatcher moniker, I am sending you a personal message.

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                        Hi folks, Hi orion, I don't know much about the multipactor device function, though these words are golden to my ears.

PEACE LOVE LIGHT BROTHERS AND SISTERS
                        we the sovereign, will reclaim this planet in all ways.

Comment

In this youtube link neutrons emitted are an indication of the fusion process. It's the spherical geometry tube.

DD Fusion - YouTube

But Farnsworth tubes operate under vacuum, this tube is filled with a gas.
                          Also here:

Here is the Farnsworth patent of madhatter's avatar:

Here is the spherical tube:
                          SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Purchase Eric Dollard's Books & Videos: Eric Dollard Books & Videos
                          Donate by Paypal: Donate to EPD Laboratories

Comment

The following is written by Gerry Vasilatos
                            FORGOTTEN KNOWLEDGE

Unexpected devices of great import emerge from very old patent registers and periodicals. These developments span two hundred years of astounding technological progress, and chronicle our epistemological progress as a civilization. The literary treasure house of this time period contains incredible discoveries which remain yet unrecognized, unevaluated, and forgotten.

Despite this fact, many academicians are overly confident that “old knowledge” has been thoroughly comprehended and admixed into contemporary theory and is, therefore, expendable. This view is inwardly believed to such a degree that old texts are methodically being gathered into “annex” warehouses. These treasures are then permitted to decay and are (gradually) eliminated.

This shockingly repugnant pride is the very opposite of scientific sensibility. This mindset is counter*productive and totally self destructive. Each new unexpected discovery comes as a sharp rebuke to those who remain unenlightened concerning the past. Old texts preserve forgotten thoughts… not disproven thoughts. Researchers have committed their often anomalous and disquieting observations and findings to the journals and texts. It is traditional practice that what cannot be now explained must be treasured, pondered, and comprehended for some future purpose. Discovery and anomaly are rare gifts which must be honored and preserved until understood.

The scientific historian methodically searches out catalogues of forgotten phenomena by thorough examination of old periodicals, texts, and patent files. The retrieval of old and forgotten observations, discoveries, scientific anecdotal records, and rare natural phenomena provide the intellectual dimension desperately needed by modern researchers who work in a vacuum of dogma. It is astounding to find the volumes of rare and anomalous phenomena*lists and laboratory anecdotes made by credible and qualified Victorian researchers throughout older volumes of Nature Magazine and The Electrician (c.1890).

The retrieval of inventions, designs, and other applications reveal repeatable phenomena “in application” which demand re*evaluation of tenaciously held theoretical models. The trained researcher identifies, distinguishes, and secures those particular forgotten discoveries which violate contemporarily held theoretical models. The aim of this research is new knowledge through reevaluation.

Eric Dollard is an electrical engineer who has done remarkably exhaustive historical research and experimental verifications of scientific claims made by Nikola Tesla a century before. It was through Mr. Dollard that we learned about a forgotten chapter in the art of controlled thermonuclear fusion like no other. In fact, those who read this article may be shocked to learn the real truth abouttone specific “hot fusion” project from 1962 until 1967.

The reality of anyone controlling fusion reactions… and reaching self*sustaining reaction stage would sound bizarre to anyone familiar with the historical publications. Of all the venture projects chasing after the hot fusion Grail one group of researchers looked directly into Nature’s brilliant face and saw her sparkling eyes. Mr. Dollard’s research on unusual electron tubes led him into an exhaustive study of several vacuum tube designs patented by the father of electronic television: Dr. Philo T. Farnsworth. There he found the forgotten gem.
                            SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Purchase Eric Dollard's Books & Videos: Eric Dollard Books & Videos
                            Donate by Paypal: Donate to EPD Laboratories

Comment

I normally do not erase or edit out forum posts but this is one of those instances I find it necessary. I accused Eric Dollard of cut and paste spamming for posting 20 year old information I already had without saying hello or anything. Obviously he was sincerely trying to help. I have a hard time on forums. People piss me off...hell people piss me off all the time anywhere and everywhere. I have more in common with Eric than I first realized and he has won me over as a fan.

I will return to this post soon and show how I believe a Multipactor should be driven. Hopefully, Eric will drop by with a helpful hint or suggestion and won't call me a moron or worse.
                              Last edited by OrionLightShip; 12-26-2011, 05:10 AM. Reason: unfair comments

Comment

Working...
                              X