Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter, whatever happened with Eric P. Dollard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on funding...

If Eric was interested, and a publisher would sign him on with some funding upfront, then I say go for it; however, how many people out there in the general populace are really going to be that interested in Eric's information at this point in time? The general television watching, United Nations fluoride treated water drinking, mind controlled public? The standard billion dollar die-silicon-process community of electrical engineers who mock anything other than what is decreed by their handshaking, hoodwinking, 'fellow travelers' of the worshipful masters in the sheepskin-apron wearing priesthood of the grand lodge of the I.E.E.E? Maybe the Bedini crowd because Bearden needs to sell his Nth book (that includes the same recycled garbage as the previous (N-1) monoliths of gibberish)? Even if Eric agreed to put a book out there it's still probably something like 2 to 3 months of work on putting the material together, typesetting the equations, editing, and the pushing it up to the favorite publisher mechanism, and then finding agreement between Eric and the publisher, etc. It can be done, I'm just a little pessimistic about the prospects of this method actually supporting his efforts. It's doubtful Eric would make a dime without the idea of receiving an initial "lump sum of funds" as you say. Oh, and I would give the hairy-eyeball to anyone promoting a multi-level-marketing (aka MLM) style, 'affiliate' style, etc. sales front.

What about the possibility of a blog or website, with weekly payment donation counter, and some method of actually getting those funds to Eric every week? There's also the possibility of getting some audio podcasts, video responses, etc., from Eric to paying members? Sounds complicated too, but doable given the current infrastructure of internet communications 'surveillance' technology brought to you by GE (and the owners of this planet), which have a vested interest in keeping you 'contented with your servitude' and 'happy' in the THX1138 sense of the word.

Still that issue of actually getting funds distributed to Eric is what I question. It sounds like the paypal method is working pretty well at the moment (for those that still use paypal). Also, Eric sounds like the type of guy that can live like a king on $50-$100 a week. That's just $5 from 20 individuals to generate a 'common wealth' lumped sum. I could swing $5 a week for awhile.
    Last edited by Geometric_Algebra; 01-07-2012, 11:03 PM. Reason: grammar, and typos, as ususal.

Comment

• Originally posted by lamare View Post
      My longitudinal antenna is designed to do just that

I cannot prove yet that it does, but at least it shows a standing wave at a frequency a transverse wave is not supposed to resonate, so I am pretty confident it works:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post173559

This is only practical at pretty high frequencies, though.

The trick is to get rid of the magnetic component using a sleeve balun. This appears to connect both to the Tesla Tower as well as Gray's device. And I think the principe can likely also be applied using coils instead of antenna:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post174521

However, no conclusive evidence yet. It may turn out to be the Rosetta stone, it may turn out to nothing much.

what causes me to scratch my head is if there are 2 resonant points one may be based on the length of the wire of the coil etc and the other may be based on the (length?) of the lumped capacitance etc.

At a glance I would think that could account for the 2 peak resonance?

I do not think that would have any impact on LMD but it may on speed?
      Last edited by Kokomoj0; 01-08-2012, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• Litz Wire

For those of you who have some experience with litz, I'm a little confused on the way this stuff is specified.

So, I was under the impression that for, say, 175/46 litz wire means 175 strands of #46 awg copper. Standard 46 awg copper has a diameter of 0.001568 in., which would result
        in an overall diameter of roughly d=175*0.00157=0.273 inches. However, some of the vendors on Ebay claim an overall diameter of 0.035 inches for the same stuff.
        It's hard to justify spending $40 on a 200 ft. spool if you don't know what you are getting.
        Maybe someone knows of a better vendor for litz wire (and better prices)?
        Last edited by Geometric_Algebra; 01-16-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Somewhere on this set of pages is an explanation that I once understood (for a short period of time):

Custom cables, litz wire, flat braided wire, multiconductor cable from custom wire and cable, and electric wire manufacturer New England Wire Technologies

A source for "surplus" litz (all of it very thin):

wire and cable

pt

Comment

• Tesla coil attempt

So based on the thread so far, I made an attempt with components I already had available to make a "true" Tesla Coil. I'm not concerned with transmitting power, I'm interested in demonstrating the same sparking patterns that Eric shows in his photographs. The resonance of my circuit is definitely off, and I need to add another spark gap from the negative side of the charging cap after the inductor. I also don't have the second coil attached to the tesla coil secondary. I used a hockey puck sized neodymium magnet for magnetic quenching of the active spark gap. The tesla coil produced about an inch and a half spark, although I couldn't discern any "ferning" patterns like seen in Dollard's photos. I'm really excited about this and want to keep trying until I figure it out. Diode is 30kv 3 Amp. Caps are parallel .01 uF 30kv ceramic. Inductors are air core 1" diameter 14 gauge, ~4 inches.

Again, I know my resonant frequencies are way off, but I was hoping to produce the effects with components I already had on hand. Also note, this circuit is DANGEROUS. The caps can release lethal currents. Current schematic:

Last edited by skaght; 01-08-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post
              If Eric was interested, and a publisher would sign him on with some funding upfront, then I say go for it; however, how many people out there in the general populace are really going to be that interested in Eric's information at this point in time? The general television watching, United Nations fluoride treated water drinking, mind controlled public? The standard billion dollar die-silicon-process community of electrical engineers who mock anything other than what is decreed by their handshaking, hoodwinking, 'fellow travelers' of the worshipful masters in the sheepskin-apron wearing priesthood of the grand lodge of the I.E.E.E? Maybe the Bedini crowd because Bearden needs to sell his Nth book (that includes the same recycled garbage as the previous (N-1) monoliths of gibberish)?
              -----snip----
              Damn, we might as well put our head between our knees and crawl into a ball then.

I'm trying to suggest something more permanent, as donations can last only so long from a few people.

As far as Bearden's books, I see no reason to doubt many people have bought them, so why would they not buy Eric Dollard's book(s) then?

For the blog idea to work there has to be tens/hundreds of thousands of visitors with a percentage of them being steady donators for it to work and keep Eric alive.

Besides, Eric would have to dedicate considerable time to running the blog and I believe we both know that he's more interested in the analog hands-on stuff and does not fancy digital technology or the medium.

What else is there, beside getting a full-time job which he might not consider at all?
              Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

• Here's some input from Tesla that may be of use. From "EXPERIMENTS WITH ALTERNATE CURRENTS OF HIGH POTENTIAL AND HIGH FREQUENCY."

Suppose a small helix with many well insulated turns has one of its ends connected to one of the terminals of the induction coil, and the other to a metal plate, or, for the sake of simplicity, a sphere, insulated in space. When the coil is set to work, the potential of the sphere is alternated, and the small helix now behaves as though its free end were connected to the other terminal of the induction coil. How does the insulated sphere act in this case? It can be a condenser, storing and returning the energy supplied to it, or it can be a mere sink of energy, and the conditions of the experiment determine whether it is more one or the other.

and the end of the paper is this gem...

"The question is, how far can we go with frequencies? Ordinary conductors rapidly lose the facility of transmitting electric impulses when the frequency is greatly increased. Assume the means for the production of impulses of very great frequency brought to the utmost perfection, every one will naturally ask how to transmit them when the necessity arises. In transmitting such impulses through conductors we must remember that we have to deal with pressure and flow, in the ordinary interpretation of these terms. Let the pressure increase to an enormous value, and let the flow correspondingly diminish, then such impulses—variations merely of pressure, as it were—can no doubt be transmitted through a wire even if their frequency be many hundreds of millions per second. It would, of course, be out of question to transmit such impulses through a wire immersed in a gaseous medium, even if the wire were provided with a thick and excellent insulation for most of the energy would be lost in molecular bombardment and consequent heating. The end of the wire connected to the source would be heated, and the remote end would receive but a trifling part of the energy supplied. The prime necessity, then, if such electric impulses are to be used, is to find means to reduce as much as possible the dissipation.

The first thought is, employ the thinnest possible wire surrounded by the thickest practicable insulation. The next thought is to employ electrostatic screens. The insulation of the wire may be covered with a thin conducting coating and the latter connected to the ground. But this would not do, as then all the energy would pass through the conducting coating to the ground and nothing would get to the end of the wire. If a ground connection is made it can only be made through a conductor offering an enormous impedance, or though a condenser of extremely small capacity. This, however, does not do away with other difficulties.

If the wave length of the impulses is much smaller than the length of the wire, then corresponding short waves will be sent up in the conducting coating, and it will be more or less the same as though the coating were directly connected to earth. It is therefore necessary to cut up the coating in sections much shorter than the wave length. Such an arrangement does not still afford a perfect screen, but it is ten thousand times better than none. I think it preferable to cut up the conducting coating in small sections, even if the current waves be much longer than the coating.

If a wire were provided with a perfect electrostatic screen, it would be the same as though all objects were removed from it at infinite distance. The capacity would then be reduced to the capacity of the wire itself, which would be very small. It would then be possible to send over the wire current vibrations of very high frequencies at enormous distance without affecting greatly the character of the vibrations. A perfect screen is of course out of the question, but I believe that with a screen such as I have just described telephony could be rendered practicable across the Atlantic. According to my ideas, the gutta-percha covered wire should be provided with a third conducting coating subdivided in sections. On the top of this should be again placed a layer of gutta-percha and other insulation, and on the top of the whole the armor. But such cables will not be constructed, for ere long intelligence—transmitted without wires—will throb through the earth like a pulse through a living organism. The wonder is that, with the present state of knowledge and the experiences gained, no attempt is being made to disturb the electrostatic or magnetic condition of the earth, and transmit, if nothing else, intelligence.

It has been my chief aim in presenting these results to point out phenomena or features of novelty, and to advance ideas which I am hopeful will serve as starting points of new departures. It has been my chief desire this evening to entertain you with some novel experiments. Your applause, so frequently and generously accorded, has told me that I have succeeded.

In conclusion, let me thank you most heartily for your kindness and attention, and assure you that the honor I have had in addressing such a distinguished audience, the pleasure I have had in presenting these results to a gathering of so many able men—and among them also some of those in whose work for many years past I have found enlightenment and constant pleasure—I shall never forget."

Taking the above with Heaviside's comment of the wire having to be the source and not the sink correlates to what Tesla is saying and experimented with.

Comment

• or, for the sake of simplicity, a sphere, insulated in space

Comment

• Turning talk into reality

We all know that the fossil fuel companies won't do it and our corporatized government sure has heck won't do it... so it's up to us, the little people, to stand up and make it happen. It's time to go back to our past for the benefit of our future and resurrect a functioning wireless transmitter, which in turn would fund Dollard.

We could create a consumer cooperative that builds geothermal powered Tesla wireless transmitters, having Dollard as the planner/overseer. As I see it, this is the purest/cleanest form of power generation and delivery. But, it's up for debate. In any case, building a wireless transmitter would be groundbreaking and show the world that Tesla was on the right track. It would also give people something tangible for their investment in the co-op. I could also see building a Tesla museum at the flagship tower, along with a Dollard workshop.

I've been in marketing for over 20 years now and know how to promote and raise financial support for a project. Right now, all I can donate is my time and talents as a marketer. I'm ready to create this cooperative that has total transparency in it's funding and capitol spending. I believe investors/donors need an organization with a goal for their generosity, this would fulfill that requirement.

All I need is a green light from Dollard that he'd build a tower if we where to raise the funding. His support for this venture would greatly increase the ability to raise funds. I'd be happy to channel the fund raising through a paypal account that he is involved with, due to his apprehension in dealing with people he does not know and past transgressions. But, I'd like total public transparency of the donations and their use.

If I receive Eric's blessing and favorable responses then I'll turn on the marketing machine and create the cooperative, buy the domain, build the website and start promoting the concept and fund raising. This is a ton of work, but I'm willing to do it, if it means seeing a working wireless tower and also helps out a great mind of our time.

rw
                    My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokomoj0 View Post
                      or, for the sake of simplicity, a sphere, insulated in space

IE not touching the ground or any other objects.
                      http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by everyidea View Post
                        We all know that the fossil fuel companies won't do it and our corporatized government sure has heck won't do it... so it's up to us, the little people, to stand up and make it happen. It's time to go back to our past for the benefit of our future and resurrect a functioning wireless transmitter, which in turn would fund Dollard.

If I receive Eric's blessing and favorable responses then I'll turn on the marketing machine and create the cooperative, buy the domain, build the website and start promoting the concept and fund raising. This is a ton of work, but I'm willing to do it, if it means seeing a working wireless tower and also helps out a great mind of our time.

rw

how ya gonna get past the FCC?

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post

IE not touching the ground or any other objects.

there was a kid, I think from new york who is into tesla and he tried using a flat piece of tin like 4x4 or something like that in his attic with couple diodes to charge a capacitor.

when it was uninsulated he had very little response. when he insulated it with a coating the capacitor charged quite fast.
                          Last edited by Kokomoj0; 01-10-2012, 06:04 AM.

Comment

what causes me to scratch my head is if there are 2 resonant points one may be based on the length of the wire of the coil etc and the other may be based on the (length?) of the lumped capacitance etc.

At a glance I would think that could account for the 2 peak resonance?

I do not think that would have any impact on LMD but it may on speed?

You have to let go of seeing a coil as consisting of individual windings when thinking about these kinds of things. For example, the Joule-thief / SEC exciter circuits (with air core coils) work on frequencies in the order of 1 to may be 30 MHz, with wavelengths in the order of 10 to 300 meters, way more than the length of the used coils. So, these waves do not "see" the individual coil windings. They "see" the coil basically the same as an antenna consisting of a (meta) material in which the propagation speed of the wave is considerably slower than the propagation speed in air or any "real" material such as a copper tube.

As far as I can tell, in "real" media the propagation speed of longitudinal dielectric waves is always pi/2 times the speed of that of transverse waves, irrespective of the medium. So, if you make an antenna out of copper, you can calculate with this pi/2 ratio between the longitudinal and transverse propagation speeds.

The interesting thing is that for straight wire resonances, a 1/2 lambda longitudinal wavelength corresponds to 3/4 lambda transverse wavelength:

pi/2 * 1/2 = 0,785398163
                            multiply that by 4/3 and we get: 1,04719755

So, whenever one of the two waves is in resonance, the other one is almost completely supressed!

In other words: with straight wires, be it copper or the mantle of dielectric filled coax cable, you get this pi/2 ratio between propagation speeds and distinct resonance modes, whereby either one of the two wave modes is very dominant, because when one mode is in resonance and therefore amplifies itself as a standing wave, the other mode is supressing itself because it is almost completely out of phase.

Another important question is: does this pi/2 ratio also apply to coils?

In the "Oscillating Current Transformer" Eric talks about the importance of the width to height ratio of a coil:
                            Tuks DrippingPedia : The Oscillating Current Transformer

First of all, he says that the velocity of propation is 1 / sqrt( L_0 * C_0 ) {eq. 5}, whereby the distributed capacitance C is a function of the length to diameter (or height to diameter h/d) ratio, while the inductance L also depends on the coil height and diameter as well as on the number of turns. But the formula for the dependence of C and L on the h/d ratio is different, so by playing with the h/d ratio, you can play with the ratio between L and C.

In other words: the ratio of L/C is a function of h/d, a function the geometry of the coil. According to Eric, you get a minimum capacitance when the h/d ratio is equal to one.

Now the formula for the propagation speed of 1 / sqrt( L_0 * C_0 ) of course gives the propagation speed of the normal, transverse waves, which have both a magnetic and a dielectric component. The longitudinal dielectric wave, however, propagates without magnetic component and therefore primarily by means of space distributed capacitance.

So, I think the ratio of pi/2 between the propagation speeds does not apply to coils, except for coils with a certain h/d ratio.

So, now we have a new question: how do we calculate the ratio of the longitudinal vs. transverse propagation speeds in a coil??

Comment

how ya gonna get past the FCC?
                              It's a matter of working with the FCC/OET and receiving their approval for experimental scientific studies.

I'm currently working with the EPA/pesticide division regarding a plant bio regulator and its approval for sale in the states. Working with the government is all about jumping through all the right hoops.

rw
                              My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Originally posted by lamare View Post
                                Now the formula for the propagation speed of 1 / sqrt( L_0 * C_0 ) of course gives the propagation speed of the normal, transverse waves, which have both a magnetic and a dielectric component. The longitudinal dielectric wave, however, propagates without magnetic component and therefore primarily by means of space distributed capacitance.

So, I think the ratio of pi/2 between the propagation speeds does not apply to coils, except for coils with a certain h/d ratio.

So, now we have a new question: how do we calculate the ratio of the longitudinal vs. transverse propagation speeds in a coil??
                                excellent questions indeed!
                                in going over Heavisides lectures with a finer comb I've come across his attempt at doing so and some equations that would relate to this. Of all the lectures I have of Heaviside he never finished going down that path or at least it wasn't published.

I'm fairly beyond schedule on work projects but I should have the relevant sections pulled together and will post them soon, the connections may not be obvious and I'll do my best to draw the line between them so it makes some sense.

I'll be honest that it wasn't till going thru Tesla's notes on high frequency work did the light go off and I recalled Heaviside's lectures that mathematically backed up Teslas notes.

Comment

Working...
                                X