Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter, whatever happened with Eric P. Dollard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Sets Gone Wild

Crystal Sets Gone Wild

For the diagram shown the coil dimensions are missing, number of turns, etc. A good ground is essential for these kinds of devices. 16 Ground rods in a 10 to 20 foot radius circle, connected to a single ground rod at the center(17th rod), this connection being 10 gauge wire. Dry sand or rock will not ground, so this requires 80, each 14 gauge wires in a 30 foot diameter circle in a star radial configuration, to a center terminal. Without these groundings a Tesla Transformer cannot properly operate, but some "HI-Z" sets may.

The objective here is to scale the "Crystal Set", a step at a time, into a Tesla Transformer for the reception of medium wave band, 300 - 3000 kilocycle A.M. broadcasts. No license is required for this and the broadcast station provides the power.

And this objective cooperates with the primary objective. That is; Who will be the first ham to disprove Einstein's theory? An International contest, but who will sponsor it, Iran maybe?

We have the good fortune in the "Crystal Set Initiative" that, in theory at least, a quarter wave A.M. broadcast tower, and its 120 quarter wave ground radials, must emit a pair of waves as shown by Tesla in his basic diagrams.

Hence it can be seen that a pair of waves are engendered by this transmission system. (Tower and Star Radials). One wave, Hertzian, is the over ground wave, the other wave, Telluric, is the under ground wave. These two waves arrive at the point of reception in their own distinct time frames, giving rise to a difference in phase. Hence, multiple rings of interference patterns are produced. Since the Hertzian portion, over ground, time frame is based upon the velocity of light, then the Telluric portion, under ground, time frame gives the Telluric velocity. Two crystal sets, one over ground, one under ground, and a basic oscilloscope , that simple. I have done this at Landers.

Concluding, a Tesla Magnification Transformer, properly proportioned can, in theory, actually draw power from a local 50 kW station. Several hundred watts of power reception is likely. This would prove Tesla once and for all. No antenna, just a good ground, and a nice and bright 100 watt light bulb.

This would overturn physics more than any billion dollar C.E.R.N. project. A ham radio operator overturns Einstein for 100 bucks. What a concept.
    Read,
    Tesla, "The True Wireless"
    Tesla, "System of Concatenated Tuned Circuits"
    Dollard, "System for the Transmission and Reception of Telluric Electric Waves"
    A.R.R.L. "Radio Amatuers Handbook". Chapter "H.F. Transmitters, & Tank Circuits"
    73 DE N6 KPH
    SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Purchase Eric Dollard's Books & Videos: Eric Dollard Books & Videos
    Donate by Paypal: Donate to EPD Laboratories

Comment

• eric dollard on tesla

audio video - Eric Dollard on Tesla Wireless Technology
      Eric Dollard on Tesla Wireless Technology Pt1 - YouTube

Comment

• question

Originally posted by T-rex View Post
        Crystal Sets Gone Wild
        ... Concluding, a Tesla Magnification Transformer, properly proportioned can, in theory, actually draw power from a local 50 kW station. Several hundred watts of power reception is likely.
        Wouldn't that station notice a sudden power drain?

Comment

• Tesla's System of Concatenated Tuned Circuits

Here's a great reference for some of the "wireless" inventions and apparatus of Tesla:

Wireless telegraphy: Its Origins, Development, Inventions, and Apparatus
          Charles Henry Sewall - 1903 - 229 pages

From page 48 of the above book

From Electrical Experimenter, "The True Wireless", 1919, page 29
          Last edited by the...dude?; 03-02-2012, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Coaxial cable / Ground rods.

T-Rex - Firstly, thank you for your earlier reply to my TMT question. I very much appreciate the advice and the answers given.

As shown in the old Borderlands video’s the extra coils constructed by Eric generally are not of the Cardboard / PVC Tube style geometry.

So the more correct geometric form(s) resemble either a flat spiral coil, or space wound extra-coil of equal height to diameter ratio with approximately 100 turns?

Most of your (extra) coils are constructed from coaxial cable, (which was invented by Oliver Heaviside)! You mention that the inner most wire is never used, and that only the outside shielding is used, (due to the skin effect). The inner wire acts more like a reflector. (See Tesla’s Longitudinal Electricity Video & “Fallacies of Conductors” by Eric P Dollard).

The Teflon insulated coaxial cable used, I would guess from looking at the video that the coaxial cable used is RG178 or RG179 Is that correct? Is any PTFE / silver-plated copper coax cable ok for these types of coils?

Also mentioned in another video you said, “Any effective conductor of radio frequency current has to be a third wide as it is long, can’t be any thinner”. – I take that as meaning the conductor for the output of the extra coil, connected to our ground (output) Ie, the displacement current into the earth, connected to the heavy ground connection. (Below)

“A good ground is essential for these kinds of devices. 16 Ground rods in a 10 to 20 foot radius circle, connected to a single ground rod at the center (17th rod), this connection being 10 gauge wire. Dry sand or rock will not ground, so this requires 80, each 14 gauge wires in a 30 foot diameter circle in a star radial configuration, to a center terminal. Without these groundings a Tesla Transformer cannot properly operate, but some "HI-Z" sets may”.

Ok, I understand. What about the length of the ground rods? How deep? (Deeper the better I would guess). What about the ground rod material itself? Copper rod? Or would galvanized rod / pipe be adequate here?

Would I be correct in saying the close wound PVC / Cardboard Tube variety of coil, made popular by most so called “Tesla coil builders” are made for arcs and sparks or in “display mode” only. The arcs burst from the elevated capacitance (toroid) (NOT THE CORRECT OUTPUT) and all the energy is all wasted into the air. (90%) Where the system should be designed not to radiate at all..

On page 74 - 75, of Leland I. Anderson’s Nikola Tesla - On his work with Alternating Currents –

Council: “What elastic system do you refer to”?

Tesla: “I mean this. If you pass a current into a circuit into a circuit with large self-induction and no radiation takes place and you have a low resistance, there is no possibility of this energy getting out into space; therefore the impressed impulses accumulate”.

Council: “If you have electromagnetic waves going from your system, the energy is wasted”?

Tesla: “Absolutely wasted. From my circuit you can get either electromagnetic waves, 90% electromagnetic waves if you like and 10% in the current energy that passes through the earth. OR, you can reverse the process and get 10% of the energy in electromagnetic waves and 90% in energy of the current that passes through the earth”.
            Last edited by Sputins; 01-03-2012, 07:10 AM. Reason: ?
            "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• DC Impulse Wave vs Oscillating Current Wave

Greetings Eric and the Group,

I've been lurking on the EG forum for some time, but am the one who posted the photos of your "Cosmic Induction Generator" as well as the plasma in the burnt out street lights that generated galaxies and marine life-like manifestations that Tom Brown gave to me in the yahoo group some time ago. I've learned an astonishing amount of information from your posts Mr. T-Rex and really appreciate you taking us under your "paw" and teaching us. I want to assure you that you are NOT wasting your time, good things will come of this! I promise to do my very best and will do whatever it takes to attempt to build a working TMT!

I wanted to inquire about something that Gerry Vassilatos wrote in his "Secrets of Cold War Technology" book, on page 32 he mentions the pulsating DC with "no reversals of any kind allowed", but if I understand correctly, your TMT generates Oscillating Currents, which would go below the zero volts line, as you describe in your video with Chris Carson about 9 minutes into it when describing the impulse wave as well as the oscillating current wave, which you state was the one utilized by Tesla. According to the writings and researches of Mr. Vassilatos, I get the impression that Tesla was utilizing the impulse wave and that this is when the "real magic" happened, but you state your TMT utilizes the oscillating current wave form. I just wanted to have a complete understanding if possible. I obviously believe the man who has built the apparatus, the true Tesla Transformer, and believe you 100%. Can you give any insight on the usefulness of the impulse wave and if Tesla used it and how? I'm simply looking for clarification if and what application this impulse wave was utilized.

I am an avid ham operator and have built my own Tesla coil (the type you refer to as the cardboard tube variety, although I used 4" PVC) and have also built the "Hairpin circuit", which does shatter ohms law as far as I understand it. I still cannot explain or understand why that hairpin circuit lights a 300 watt halogen bulb even with the circuit being shorted across the bulb. I have gathered all of the necessary parts to build the pancake coils arrangement and am working on that now since I finally have my own house and a pole barn that is my new lab. After the pancake coil I intend to replicate the TMT if it takes me the rest of my life, but am shooting for this spring / summer.

I built a crystal radio back in 2006 that utilized a germanium diode (as they take 0.3 volts to forward bias rather than the 0.7 volts required of a standard silicon diode), and used a high impedance piezo transducer glued to a funnel rather than high impedance headphones, and I could literally hear that radio on the other side of the house, it was very impressive indeed! It was connected to a good 8' ground rod and a center fed 102' wire dipole (at my previous residence). Living in Illinois SW of Chicago, WLS has a very strong signal here at 890 kilocycles / second.

I've donated in the past and will have another donation on the way in a few days. Again, thank you for all your hard work doing the writing and thanks to jpolakow for everything he is doing getting the information on the net.

Where I live now, I have a 56' free standing tower with a tri-band yagi and wire antennas which go down to 160 meters, but it is nearly pure sand here, and although I have 4 X 8' ground rods pounded in at the tower, which seems to work great for conventional transverse wave RF communications, I know I need to do much better than that to get the intense ground system you speak of to continue in the right path.

Again, thank you and jpolakow for all the hard work to keep the great information flowing! Everyday I look forward to all the new posts and the new information to absorb!

73 DE WX9HV (previously KB9UBZ)

Comment

• Originally posted by Web000x View Post
                You can see the original scans here: Directory contents of /David/
                I added a gallery script, so you can browse the scans a bit easier:
                Single File PHP Gallery

Furthermore, I made a new prototype for my moonbounce antenna, because the first prototypes were a total disaster. Now I made a dipole instead of a 1/4 lambda whip, and that one appears to work as specified:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post173559
                Last edited by lamare; 01-03-2012, 02:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Theory of Phases, Triple Sequence Systems

Theory of Phases, Triple Sequence Systems

(1) It is common belief that Tesla "invented three phase" A.C. power. This belief is wrong. Tesla envisioned poly phase power quadrapolar, relating to Goethe, the sunset and the archetype called the solar cross. This is is consistant in all Native American art forms. We have four seasons, or now, four phases, just like the moon.

(2) The decision to employ the "Tesla System" for use in the Niagra Power Project resulted in the installation of Tesla four phase alternators, these constructed by Westinghouse Electric Co. It came to pass however that the transmission line from Niagra to Buffalo was a three phase line (11 kV) constructed by General Electric Co, the Steinmetz company. In order to interconnect the four phase system with the three phase system, a special transformer bank was developed. Westinghouse engineer, and Tesla's co-worker, Charles Scott. This gave birth to what to what is known as the Scott Connection and is widely utilized.

(3) The theory of phases involves the theory of number systems. Recently the number systems of protocultures such as the Chaldean system was touched upon. Let us use it as an example of a number system. The Chaldean system is a base 9 number system, and its poly phase diagram is an equal-lateral nine sided polygon. Its symbolic expression is the ninth root of positive one, and it's versor operator is k, of base nine and raised to the n power. Thus the Chaldean system is expressed by n:

0, 3, 6,
                  1, 4, 7,
                  2, 5, 8,

and nine equals zero. In the related Kabalistic system it is:

1, 4, 7,
                  2, 5, 8,
                  3, 6, 9,

It is not a versor system. In genereal the nth root of one is one to the one over nth power. Hence the table:

1) Monophase, one over one power
                  2) Two phase, one half power
                  3) Three phase, one third power
                  4) Four phase, one fourth power
                  5) Five phase, one fifth power
                  6) Six phase, one sixth power
                  10) Ten phase, one tenth power

And ten phase is our basic Arabic number system:

0, 5,
                  1, 6,
                  2, 7,
                  3, 8,
                  4, 9,

And of course two phase is binary:

0, 1

(4) If the power system has a neutral, or "Electrical Center of Gravity." This system has one more wire than those used as phases. Hence for two phase like into your house, (mind virus - it is not single phase, single phaseis the Tesla one wire system) the 240 Volt phase pair is split into 120 V/120 V, and the two wire system has three wires. Likewise for a three phase system with a neutral there exists four wires at 120 V and now instead of 240 Volt the line voltage is 208 Volt. The square root of three is the factor. More wires than phases is best avoided, but has becom fashionable today in most electrical systems. But it has come to pass that today's electrical systems have become problematic and also unsafe because of the improper use of neutrals.

(5) It is a consequence of multiwire T.E.M. transmission systemes that a number of conductors greater than the number of phases gives rise to parasitic modes. In telephone work they are called longitudinal currents, in audio they are called common mode currents, in power, zero sequence currents, and in radio, antenna currents. They are undesirable in all but the Tesla monophasic or one wire transmission system. Here the neutral is the neutral is the only wire.

(6) In these n plus one systems with neutrals, for a balanced non linear load (flourescent lamps, and switching power units, etc) the neutral current is not zero but consists of a harmonic system of currents. The order of harmonics is based upon the number of phases:

One phase, F
                  Two Phase, 2F, 4F, 6F, ...
                  Three Phase, 3F, 6F, 9F, ...
                  Four Phase, 4F, 8F, 12F, ...

Hence considerable kVAR harmonic power can develop in neutral bearing power systems. Further, the harmonic currents are all in phase, or flow all in the same direction in the phase conductors. This gives rise to undesired E.M. radiation from the electrical system. But this is the system of today.

(7) Take for example a three phase motor, 60 cycles per second. The rotation is clockwise for 60 cps.

60, clockwise force
                  120, counterclockwise force
                  180, longitudinal, zero force
                  240, clockwise force
                  300, counter-clockwise force
                  360, longitudinal, no force

Hence, it is seen that harmonics cause conflicting torques in polyphase A.C. motors. And the zero sequence waveform is:

180 @ one third 1F amplitude
                  360 @ one sixth 1F amplitude
                  540 @ one ninth 1F amplitude
                  Etc @ one nth 1F amplitude

Try graphing this function so we can see a triplen harmonic wave like the one infecting the "Grid"

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post
                    Theory of Phases, Triple Sequence Systems

(1) It is common belief that Tesla "invented three phase" A.C. power. This belief is wrong. Tesla envisioned poly phase power quadrapolar, relating to Goethe, the sunset and the archetype called the solar cross. This is is consistant in all Native American art forms. We have four seasons, or now, four phases, just like the moon.

(2) The decision to employ the "Tesla System" for use in the Niagra Power Project resulted in the installation of Tesla four phase alternators, these constructed by Westinghouse Electric Co. It came to pass however that the transmission line from Niagra to Buffalo was a three phase line (11 kV) constructed by General Electric Co, the Steinmetz company. In order to interconnect the four phase system with the three phase system, a special transformer bank was developed. Westinghouse engineer, and Tesla's co-worker, Charles Scott. This gave birth to what to what is known as the Scott Connection and is widely utilized.

(3) The theory of phases involves the theory of number systems. Recently the number systems of protocultures such as the Chaldean system was touched upon. Let us use it as an example of a number system. The Chaldean system is a base 9 number system, and its poly phase diagram is an equal-lateral nine sided polygon. Its symbolic expression is the ninth root of positive one, and it's versor operator is k, of base nine and raised to the n power. Thus the Chaldean system is expressed by n:

0, 3, 6,
                    1, 4, 7,
                    2, 5, 8,

and nine equals zero. In the related Kabalistic system it is:

1, 4, 7,
                    2, 5, 8,
                    3, 6, 9,

It is not a versor system. In genereal the nth root of one is one to the one over nth power. Hence the table:

1) Monophase, one over one power
                    2) Two phase, one half power
                    3) Three phase, one third power
                    4) Four phase, one fourth power
                    5) Five phase, one fifth power
                    6) Six phase, one sixth power
                    10) Ten phase, one tenth power

And ten phase is our basic Arabic number system:

0, 5,
                    1, 6,
                    2, 7,
                    3, 8,
                    4, 9,

And of course two phase is binary:

0, 1

(4) If the power system has a neutral, or "Electrical Center of Gravity." This system has one more wire than those used as phases. Hence for two phase like into your house, (mind virus - it is not single phase, single phaseis the Tesla one wire system) the 240 Volt phase pair is split into 120 V/120 V, and the two wire system has three wires. Likewise for a three phase system with a neutral there exists four wires at 120 V and now instead of 240 Volt the line voltage is 208 Volt. The square root of three is the factor. More wires than phases is best avoided, but has becom fashionable today in most electrical systems. But it has come to pass that today's electrical systems have become problematic and also unsafe because of the improper use of neutrals.

(5) It is a consequence of multiwire T.E.M. transmission systemes that a number of conductors greater than the number of phases gives rise to parasitic modes. In telephone work they are called longitudinal currents, in audio they are called common mode currents, in power, zero sequence currents, and in radio, antenna currents. They are undesirable in all but the Tesla monophasic or one wire transmission system. Here the neutral is the neutral is the only wire.

(6) In these n plus one systems with neutrals, for a balanced non linear load (flourescent lamps, and switching power units, etc) the neutral current is not zero but consists of a harmonic system of currents. The order of harmonics is based upon the number of phases:

One phase, F
                    Two Phase, 2F, 4F, 6F, ...
                    Three Phase, 3F, 6F, 9F, ...
                    Four Phase, 4F, 8F, 12F, ...

Hence considerable kVAR harmonic power can develop in neutral bearing power systems. Further, the harmonic currents are all in phase, or flow all in the same direction in the phase conductors. This gives rise to undesired E.M. radiation from the electrical system. But this is the system of today.

(7) Take for example a three phase motor, 60 cycles per second. The rotation is clockwise for 60 cps.

60, clockwise force
                    120, counterclockwise force
                    180, longitudinal, zero force
                    240, clockwise force
                    300, counter-clockwise force
                    360, longitudinal, no force

Hence, it is seen that harmonics cause conflicting torques in polyphase A.C. motors. And the zero sequence waveform is:

180 @ one third 1F amplitude
                    360 @ one sixth 1F amplitude
                    540 @ one ninth 1F amplitude
                    Etc @ one nth 1F amplitude

Try graphing this function so we can see a triplen harmonic wave like the one infecting the "Grid"
                    odd numbered multiples 3,9,15,21 etc... in phase, ohh that's going to a be problem on the neutral wire!

it could be mitigated with a delta-delta connection right? putting the DC source within the load.

Comment

• Originally posted by Logical American View Post
                      Wouldn't that station notice a sudden power drain?
                      The receiver consumes power from the transmitter, it would show on the plate current meter if large enough. It's not free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                        T-Rex - Firstly, thank you for your earlier reply to my TMT question. I very much appreciate the advice and the answers given.

As shown in the old Borderlands video’s the extra coils constructed by Eric generally are not of the Cardboard / PVC Tube style geometry.

So the more correct geometric form(s) resemble either a flat spiral coil, or space wound extra-coil of equal height to diameter ratio with approximately 100 turns?

Most of your (extra) coils are constructed from coaxial cable, (which was invented by Oliver Heaviside)! You mention that the inner most wire is never used, and that only the outside shielding is used, (due to the skin effect). The inner wire acts more like a reflector. (See Tesla’s Longitudinal Electricity Video & “Fallacies of Conductors” by Eric P Dollard).

The Teflon insulated coaxial cable used, I would guess from looking at the video that the coaxial cable used is RG178 or RG179 Is that correct? Is any PTFE / silver-plated copper coax cable ok for these types of coils?
                        Thirty turns are about right on the extra coil.Any teflon covered co-axial cable is fine, but remember the copper weight of the primary, secondary, and extra coil MUST all be equal, this is important. Metal lost to the "skin effect" must be taken into consideration. Rule:
                        2 inch thick 60 cycle, .2 inch thick 6000 cycle, thickness inverse to the square root of the frequency (flat stock is best)

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post
                          The receiver consumes power from the transmitter, it would show on the plate current meter if large enough. It's not free.
                          I did a quick check of the socal area and there is an AM station at the southern border pumping out 77,000 watts daily. I'm designing around that frequency to harness the power.

Going over referenced material, it would seem that the best arrangement would be more of a radionic antenna. a grounded antenna plane to best capture the 90% power waves, correct? the radiated "air waves" should be the far weaker ones to the longitudinal ground wave.

I've been playing with the single path TM circular wave guide and it seems that type of arrangement for resonance may be best with the shunted ground or now in this case air lead, for some reason it seems that for this exercise the reverse arrangement would be whats needed

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post

Also mentioned in another video you said, “Any effective conductor of radio frequency current has to be a third wide as it is long, can’t be any thinner”. – I take that as meaning the conductor for the output of the extra coil, connected to our ground (output) Ie, the displacement current into the earth, connected to the heavy ground connection.
                            Correct for the interconnecting leads, which connect things together particularly the ground connection. You cant have a good ground unless the connecting lead is this shape, otherwise it becomes inductance which becomes a parasitic energy flow

Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                            Ok, I understand. What about the length of the ground rods? How deep? (Deeper the better I would guess). What about the ground rod material itself? Copper rod? Or would galvanized rod / pipe be adequate here?
                            How deep should you go? To the center of the earth- but what are you gonna do? (the earth is hollow). The material of the ground rod should be copper ideally. It should be copper of a large surface area. All inter-connections should be SOLDERED.

Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                            Would I be correct in saying the close wound PVC / Cardboard Tube variety of coil, made popular by most so called “Tesla coil builders” are made for arcs and sparks or in “display mode” only. The arcs burst from the elevated capacitance (toroid) (NOT THE CORRECT OUTPUT) and all the energy is all wasted into the air. (90%) Where the system should be designed not to radiate at all..
                            Yes

Comment

• Additional Source for Eric Dollard's Latest Writings

I have put together many of the posts Eric Dollard has in this thread for myself and those who want to catch up and want it all in one place, up on my website. I figure the more exposure Eric's work gets, the better.

Eric Dollard » Gestalt Reality

1. "Energy Defined" by E.P.Dollard
                              2. “The Theory of Anti-Relativity” by E.P. Dollard
                              3. “Metrical Dimensional Relations of the Aether” by E.P.Dollard
                              4. Additional Posts by E.P.Dollard

I am slowly reading through all of Eric's work and compiling notes and resources as well. Hope to add personal visual drawings in the future also.
                              Last edited by Gestalt; 01-10-2012, 03:45 PM.
                              A collection of Eric Dollards latest posts and writings on my website: Gestalt Reality - Eric Dollard

Comment

• Originally posted by Lambda View Post
                                Greetings Eric and the Group,

I've been lurking on the EG forum for some time, but am the one who posted the photos of your "Cosmic Induction Generator" as well as the plasma in the burnt out street lights that generated galaxies and marine life-like manifestations that Tom Brown gave to me in the yahoo group some time ago. I've learned an astonishing amount of information from your posts Mr. T-Rex and really appreciate you taking us under your "paw" and teaching us. I want to assure you that you are NOT wasting your time, good things will come of this! I promise to do my very best and will do whatever it takes to attempt to build a working TMT!

I wanted to inquire about something that Gerry Vassilatos wrote in his "Secrets of Cold War Technology" book, on page 32 he mentions the pulsating DC with "no reversals of any kind allowed", but if I understand correctly, your TMT generates Oscillating Currents, which would go below the zero volts line, as you describe in your video with Chris Carson about 9 minutes into it when describing the impulse wave as well as the oscillating current wave, which you state was the one utilized by Tesla. According to the writings and researches of Mr. Vassilatos, I get the impression that Tesla was utilizing the impulse wave and that this is when the "real magic" happened, but you state your TMT utilizes the oscillating current wave form. I just wanted to have a complete understanding if possible. I obviously believe the man who has built the apparatus, the true Tesla Transformer, and believe you 100%. Can you give any insight on the usefulness of the impulse wave and if Tesla used it and how? I'm simply looking for clarification if and what application this impulse wave was utilized.

I am an avid ham operator and have built my own Tesla coil (the type you refer to as the cardboard tube variety, although I used 4" PVC) and have also built the "Hairpin circuit", which does shatter ohms law as far as I understand it. I still cannot explain or understand why that hairpin circuit lights a 300 watt halogen bulb even with the circuit being shorted across the bulb. I have gathered all of the necessary parts to build the pancake coils arrangement and am working on that now since I finally have my own house and a pole barn that is my new lab. After the pancake coil I intend to replicate the TMT if it takes me the rest of my life, but am shooting for this spring / summer.

I built a crystal radio back in 2006 that utilized a germanium diode (as they take 0.3 volts to forward bias rather than the 0.7 volts required of a standard silicon diode), and used a high impedance piezo transducer glued to a funnel rather than high impedance headphones, and I could literally hear that radio on the other side of the house, it was very impressive indeed! It was connected to a good 8' ground rod and a center fed 102' wire dipole (at my previous residence). Living in Illinois SW of Chicago, WLS has a very strong signal here at 890 kilocycles / second.

I've donated in the past and will have another donation on the way in a few days. Again, thank you for all your hard work doing the writing and thanks to jpolakow for everything he is doing getting the information on the net.

Where I live now, I have a 56' free standing tower with a tri-band yagi and wire antennas which go down to 160 meters, but it is nearly pure sand here, and although I have 4 X 8' ground rods pounded in at the tower, which seems to work great for conventional transverse wave RF communications, I know I need to do much better than that to get the intense ground system you speak of to continue in the right path.

Again, thank you and jpolakow for all the hard work to keep the great information flowing! Everyday I look forward to all the new posts and the new information to absorb!

73 DE WX9HV (previously KB9UBZ)
                                Impulse currents are for vacuum tube work. Sinusoidal currents are for radio or power work. The aluminum cathodes in Tesla's tubes are aluminum for a reason. Aluminum is a secondary emissive cathode, and the oscillatory nature of the transient causes a multipactor action at this cathode. But the wave must be offset like an impulse. An external D.C. supply may work.

I may say that Vassilatos seems to be "channeling" his information so be cautious with his theoretical ideas that involves details. His work is more important for the layman. And, his Vril books helped me greatly!

Comment

Working...
                                X