Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter, whatever happened with Eric P. Dollard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Dollard resource

Eric Dollard’s “Radio Archaeology” | Journal of Borderland Research
    For those seeking out Dollards work, this is a good read.
    Note the difference between "Wireless" and "Radio".

TEM vs. LMD again!

Maybe there's something to that 1980's borderlands VHS where Eric shows us the difference between the two wave forms...

How hard was it to make that analog computer...

Comment

• Question:

It was stated that conduction oriented in the same axis as magnetic flux (many windings in the transformer electrically isolated) equates to a greater change in permeability. (could be wrong please correct me)

What I determined through experiment is that ferrite can carry the self inductance but not the mutual inductance. The audio guys had similar complaints. The navy uses very very fine steel tape(insulated). It seems that its important that the iron have conductivity electrically in the same direction that it is carrying the magnetism inductively.
      In other words, ferrite can carry the inductance of a single turn, however neglects the multi turn inductance? This make sense. However this means that mutually coupled domains are dependent on CONDUCTION???? Does this explain conduction?????????

WHAT CAUSES THIS....Where in the equations is this? If it is not there....which is fine, what do we FEEL is responsible?

This seems VERY connected to what I show in the cross field capacitor thread. An order of operations for "conduction" vs parameter change?
      Last edited by Armagdn03; 12-28-2011, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpolakow View Post
        The so called Hairpin circuit is really no more than Tesla's first experiments with the one turn primary. Since a short section of transmission line serves as an inductance then hence the Hairpin.
        Originally posted by T-rex View Post
        It is great to find a point of discussion, the Energetic Forum has been very boring to me, like talking to my own echo.
        DE N6KPH
        I'm going to attempt to model the behavior of the hairpin circuit using LTSpice. Then I will model the "anti" TEM configuration.

Not that anyone else will care, but it seems like a fun project.

What resonant frequency should I shoot for as I work out the values of the circuit components.

Any suggestions on starting values of L1, L2a, L2b, C1 C2?

questions I hope to answer: Is there a way to superimpose a 2nd or 3rd hamonic to parametrically pump Fo?

Orion

Comment

• Originally posted by Armagdn03 View Post
          In other words, ferrite can carry the inductance of a single turn, however neglects the multi turn inductance? This make sense. However this means that mutually coupled domains are dependent on CONDUCTION???? Does this explain conduction?????????

WHAT CAUSES THIS....Where in the equations is this? If it is not there....which is fine, what do we FEEL is responsible?

This seems VERY connected to what I show in the cross field capacitor thread. An order of operations for "conduction" vs parameter change?
          Eric said he has the very same questions you do concerning mutual inductance. No easy answer unfortunately.
          Please help support my indiegogo campaign: Cosmic Induction Generator

Comment

• Disruptive discharge primary circuit

In the disruptive discharge primary circuit, what was the reasoning behind maintaining the ratio: L1/C1 <= 10*L2/C2 ?

Littelfuse Inc manufacturers gas discharge tubes with various break voltages, which may be useful in this application. What is a typical EMF amplitude that we should design our disruptive circuit around?

Looking at the set of inductors (L2), is their a style of inductor (ceramic, iron core, phenolic, etc.) that is preferred in this application?

Comment

• Originally posted by the...dude? View Post
              Notes to the reader this was a much larger project than anticipated so I will update this periodically for the equations, lists and tables left out. Also being such a large volume there are bound to be error so please let me know and I will correct them ASAP. (On a side note, its quite an annoyance posting this in web friendly formatting)
              the dude
              I have already done much digitizing work on the TWP, which includes the Oscillating Current Transformer:

Tuks DrippingPedia : Theory Of Wireless Power
              Tuks DrippingPedia : The Oscillating Current Transformer

There are some other people helping already, and in case anyone of you feels like helping with digitizing Eric's work on my wiki, the secret you need is the name of this forum, without "forum" and then a 3 for the second e. The wiki has a module that supports entering formula's in latex format...

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post
                We have landed, and it is now possible to understand electricity with complete freedom from the shackles of Physics. We are now entering a New World and it is yet to be discovered what wonders may lay ahead.

We have broken the “Einstein Barrier”. He has been left behind on the Prison Planet, but Oliver has been taken with us. We are not done with him yet. No one will live long enough to exhaust the works of Heaviside, and in all probability, Human Society will not either.

The electrical “System of Units and Dimensions” that have been established and taught in the “Schools” of today is encapsulated in a thick coating of E equals mc square, intermingled with the likes of four pi and one over c square, and peppered with a multitude of arbitrary powers of ten. This system is really a complete, absolute, mess.

In order that we may continue to utilize the established size of the Ohm, Volt, Henry, and etc, and remain in accord with the new system of dimensions that has been presented in my series of writings, a mathematical “adapter” must be derived. This adapter will also make lucid the sheer extent of the mess. (See table at end)

I think Paul Stowe already derived an interesting mathematical “adapter”. He essentially describes a superfluid medium in terms of familiar Newtonian mechanics ( aether populational momenta (p)). Since the only way we have to interact with the aether is by means of electro-magnetic waves, it does not make much difference how you describe your fluid-like medium, as long as it correctly models the electro-magnetic (and dielectric) waves propagating trough the medium. So, a description in terms of Newtonian mechanics is as good as any mathematical description of the medium. I think you could easily replace his description with the electrical engineering analogies for momentum, etc.

He comes to very interesting results:
                Tuks DrippingPedia : Stowe Personal E Mail

I have determined that in my opinion all of physical processes can be defined in terms of the aether populational momenta (p). Such that,

Force (F) -> Grad p
                Charge (q) -> Div p
                Magnetism (B) -> Curl p

Gravity for example is Grad E where E is the electric potential at x. This resolves to Le Sagian type process as outlined in the Pushing Gravity models. The electric potential E in turn is created by charge which is Div p...

My model is a direct extension of Maxwell's vortex model of interacting rings (the smoke ring model). I have been able to define all fundamental constants in terms of basic parameters, including the gravitational constant G. Further, G is, within this system, seamlessly integrated to all others, fitting into a unified system.

The key to this system's definition is the realization that charge is fundamentally a result AND the measure of the compressibility of Maxwell's aether. See: The nature of Charge - Paul Stowe for futher details on this. This is a logical and natural extension of Maxwell work (Ref: http://vacuum-physics.com/Maxwell/maxwell_oplf.pdf )

Quantity SI Conversion Factor to Maxwell's Ether Based Units

Code:
                Length meter   (m)                  meter(m)
                Mass Kilogram  (kg)                 Kilogram (kg)
                Time Second    (sec)                second (sec)
                Force Newton   (Nt)                 kg-m/sec^2
                Energy Joules  (J)                  kg-m^2/sec^2
                Power Watts                         kg-m^2/sec^3
                Action         [h] (Planck's Const) kg-m^2/sec
                Permitivitty   [z] (Q^2/kg-m^3)     kg/m^3 {1}
                Permeability   [u] (kg-m-sec^2/Q^2) m-sec^2/kg {2}
                Charge         [q] (Coulomb)        kg/sec
                Boltzmann's    [k] (J/°K)           m-sec
                Current        [I] (Amp)            kg/sec^2
                Electric Field [E]                  m/sec
                Potential      [V] (Voltage)        m^2/sec {3}
                Displacement   [D]                  kg/m^2-sec
                Resistance     [R] (Ohms)           m^2-sec/kg
                Capacitance    [C]                  kg/m^2
                Magnetic Field [H] (Henries)        m^2
                Magnetic Flux  [B] (Gauss)          (dimensionless)
                Inductance     [L]                  m^2-sec^2/kg
                Temperature   [°K] (Kelvin)         kg-m/sec^3
                {1} - density
                {2} - modulus
                {3} - Kinematic Viscosity

The basic physical quantities in this system are the medium properties identified by Maxwell in his 1860-61 "On Physical Lines of Force". We quantify the mean momentum (quanta) [ß], characteristic mean interaction length (quanta) [L], the root mean speed [c], and a mass attenuation coefficient [¿].

Their values are,

ß = 5.154664E-27 kg-m/sec
                L = 6.430917E-08 m
                ¿ = 3.144609E-06 m^2/kg
                c = 2.997925E+08 m/sec

In other words, all of the major observed and measured constants of physics can be derived from the above terms.

There are two dimensionless factors also. These are shared with the standard systems of measure as,

á = 7.297353E-03 (Fine Structure Constant)
                ƒ = 1.001159E+00 (Electron Magnetic Anomaly)

Now to the fumdamental constants. I'll now show that h, z, u, k, q, G resolve from the above.

h = 2ßL
                q = 2ß/L
                k = L^2/c
                u = áL^3/ßc
                z = ß/áL^3c
                G = (áßc/2piL^3)¿^2

Note, rounding to six significant digits in the above numeric definitions can affect the results slightly. What I don't know is why the value of the Magnetic Moment Anomaly is required to bring the more basic expressions in line with measurements. What I do know is the MMA is the square of the dielectic and magnetic suseptability of air. Don't know why this is either.
                Tuks DrippingPedia : Stowe Foundation Unification Physics
                Many of apparent inconsistencies that exist in our current understanding of physics have results from a basic lack of understanding of what are called fields. These fields, electric, magnetic, gravitational...etc, have been the nemesis of physicists since the birth of modern science, and continues unresolved by quantum mechanics. A classical example of this is the problem of an electron interacting with it's own field. This case results in the equations of quantum mechanics diverging to infinity. To overcome this problem, Bethe (1) introduced the process of ignoring the higher order terms that result from taking these equations to their limit of zero distance, in what is now a common practice called renormalization.

These field problems result in class of entities called virtual, existing only to balance and explain interactions. These entities can (and do) violate accepted physical laws. This is deemed acceptable since they are assumed to exist temporarily at time intervals shorter than the Heisenberg's uncertainty limit. It has been known for some time that such virtual entities necessitate the existence of energy in this virtual realm (Field), giving rise to the concept of quantum zero point energy.

As a result of this presentation I will propose the elimination of both the need for renormalization and any such virtual fields. This will be accomplished by replacing the virtual field with a real physical media within which we define elemental particles (which more precisely should be called structures) and the resultant forces which act between them.

Tuks DrippingPedia : Stowe Nature Of Charge
                The basic continuity equation of Continuum Mechanics is given as :

d(rho)/dt + (rho)Div v = 0

Where rho is the field density, and v is the mean velocity. If the field is incompressible this simplifies to:

(rho)Div v = 0

Since with the incompressible assumption, there can be no change in density. We can further simplify the equation by removing density (dividing it from both sides) we then get:

Div v = 0

This definition requires infinite propagation speeds of any perturbations in such incompressible systems, eliminating any possibility of wave activity.

Conversely, in compressible mediums we see that (rho)Div v equals the time rate of change in the density d(rho)/dt. For the limit, as a volume element [s] go to zero, we get:

s(rho)Div v = s(d(rho)/dt)

This is based on the observation that for the two terms to sum to zero, and therefore must have opposite signs. This leads directly to:

mDiv v = dm/dt

And cannot be zero. This is an important finding, it describes a unique characteristic of all compressible systems. The result of this is a fixed finite propagation speed for any perturbations in the resulting continuum, leading to standard acoustic behavior.

In general the physical consequences of this definition has been overlooked, due to an almost universal adoption of the 'assumption' of incompressibility, in evaluating the general behavior of such systems. This eliminates many higher order terms, greatly simplifying the equations, and generally doesn't introduce significant errors in the results obtained.

It does however eliminate this property and any resulting consequences from any such evaluations. As should be obvious, as a limit, this definition has a unique value fixed by the density and velocity of the constitute continuum.

Comment

• Back in the Bowl Again

(1) Thank you La-mare for presenting your material. It is however the dimensions presented are a complete denial of everything I have heretofore presented. Nobody gets it. MASS HAS NO RELATION TO ELECTRICITY. Looking at the table given it says capacitance is in pounds per square inch (kg per meter squared), this is absurd. Take a tire on my car; The pounds per square inch is not the capacitance, it is the potential. The capacitance is how much the tire is pushed to the ground for a given P.S.I. Hence the table presented works to destroy the proper form of understanding. Mass means nothing. It does not matter if the capacitor is made of Aluminum or Lead, for a given geometry the capacitance is the same despite the Lead capacitor having many times more mass than the Aluminum. Can we get it?

(2) I have reached the conclusion that anyone holding a college degree will never get that damned physics crap out of their head. If everyone run's back to mama's skirt how in god's name can we make any progress? The units and dimensions I gave all can be equated to physics through the "Bogo", etc. I figured physicists would just love the Planck but such is not the case. No! Lemmings cannot be deflected from the course to destruction.

(3) Note on Primary Circuit,

For those who have no knowledge of resonance and etc., you must work to gain that knowledge. I have no special drug for you. Here is how you do it: find a "Radio Amateurs Handbook", around 1960 - 1965 edition. Read it, and make a crystal A.M. broadcast radio. When this is done then I can answer any questions, not beforehand. You must do the work, not me. And we need more La-mare's, those who experiment with ideas and materials.

(4) Stop pecking at your keyboards and get up and do something. It seems "Internet Society" engenders a "Mass Mental Impairment" (M.M.I. Disorder). This issue is becoming an issue now in the real "Hard Hat & 10-C Oil" electrical engineering workplace. Also this condition is becoming problematic for the U.S. Military. "Mass Mental Impairment" Disorder is much more the problem than bar room fights about the inscrutable Aether.

(5) Maxwell's Original Dimensions:

I think it's time that Maxwell's dimensions get changed to something more suitable for Electrical Engineers. This I have already presented. As did Steinmetz, I think we really need to go beyond Maxwell, not deeper into it. That can only lead to Relativity.

73 DE N6KPH
                  SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Purchase Eric Dollard's Books & Videos: Eric Dollard Books & Videos
                  Donate by Paypal: Donate to EPD Laboratories

Comment

(1) Thank you La-mare for presenting your material. It is however the dimensions presented are a complete denial of everything I have heretofore presented. Nobody gets it. MASS HAS NO RELATION TO ELECTRICITY. Looking at the table given it says capacitance is in pounds per square inch (kg per meter squared), this is absurd. Take a tire on my car; The pounds per square inch is not the capacitance, it is the potential. The capacitance is how much the tire is pushed to the ground for a given P.S.I. Hence the table presented works to destroy the proper form of understanding. Mass means nothing. It does not matter if the capacitor is made of Aluminum or Lead, for a given geometry the capacitance is the same despite the Lead capacitor having many times more mass than the Aluminum. Can we get it?
                    It is not absurd, it is just a consequence of the model he chose to describe his aether with. He uses a description of an ideal superfluid in terms of Newtonian mechanics, which has everything to do with mass, etc., which is why you get these seemingly strange dimensions.

And BTW, mass has everything to do with electricity, because gravity is the gradient of E, the electric potential. See TT Browns experiments with anti-gravity....

So, IMHO, if we take Stowe's model and replace his aethermodel, his superfluid description, with an analog description in terms of electric parameters/dimensions, we can use his work and get the same results, only with different dimensions, the correct dimensions from an electrical engineering point of view.

The bottomline is this: there is a real physical aether and every phenomenon we know of can be described in terms of the properties/dimensions of the aether. And the dimensions you chose to describe your aether with lead to the description of everything in terms of these same dimensions.

It's really a matter of taste which dimensions you prefer, cause in the end all you describe is waves, vortexes and steady state flows in a fluid-like medium.

Comment

I think it's time that Maxwell's dimensions get changed to something more suitable for Electrical Engineers. This I have already presented. As did Steinmetz, I think we really need to go beyond Maxwell, not deeper into it. That can only lead to Relativity.
                      Not all of Maxwell's work necessarily leads to relativity. Stowe refers specifically to his work "On Physical Lines of Force" from 1861:

On Physical Lines of Force - Wikisource
                      http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Reference_Mat...Force_1861.pdf

This was written *before* he wrote his "A Dynamical Theory of the Electromagnetic Field" in 1864 and his "A Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism" in 1873, and way before Heaviside worked further on Maxwell's famous equations in the 1880s:

James Clerk Maxwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maxwell had studied and commented on the field of electricity and magnetism as early as 1855/6 when "On Faraday's lines of force" was read to the Cambridge Philosophical Society. The paper presented a simplified model of Faraday's work, and how the two phenomena were related. He reduced all of the current knowledge into a linked set of differential equations with 20 equations in 20 variables. This work was later published as "On physical lines of force" in March 1861.

Around 1862, while lecturing at King's College, Maxwell calculated that the speed of propagation of an electromagnetic field is approximately that of the speed of light. He considered this to be more than just a coincidence, and commented "We can scarcely avoid the conclusion that light consists in the transverse undulations of the same medium which is the cause of electric and magnetic phenomena."

Working on the problem further, Maxwell showed that the equations predict the existence of waves of oscillating electric and magnetic fields that travel through empty space at a speed that could be predicted from simple electrical experiments; using the data available at the time, Maxwell obtained a velocity of 310,740,000 m/s. In his 1864 paper "A dynamical theory of the electromagnetic field", Maxwell wrote, "The agreement of the results seems to show that light and magnetism are affections of the same substance, and that light is an electromagnetic disturbance propagated through the field according to electromagnetic laws".

His famous equations, in their modern form of four partial differential equations, first appeared in fully developed form in his textbook A Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism in 1873. Most of this work was done by Maxwell at Glenlair during the period between holding his London post and his taking up the Cavendish chair. Maxwell expressed electromagnetism in the algebra of quaternions and made the electromagnetic potential the centerpiece of his theory.

In 1881 Oliver Heaviside replaced Maxwell’s electromagnetic potential field by ‘force fields’ as the centerpiece of electromagnetic theory. Heaviside reduced the complexity of Maxwell’s theory down to four differential equations, known now collectively as Maxwell's Laws or Maxwell's equations. According to Heaviside, the electromagnetic potential field was arbitrary and needed to be "murdered". However, the use of scalar and vector potentials is now standard in the solution of Maxwell's equations.

What leads to relativity is the misconception that the electro-magnetic fields are caused by charge carriers. NOT the idea that the magnetic field may be consisting of vortexes in the aether. Which connects very naturally to the idea of "physical lines of force", BTW.

Now just to be clear: I am not saying that Maxwell or Stowe's choice of dimensions are the most suitable ones. All I'm saying is that as far as I am aware it is possible to describe all known physical phenomena in terms of vortexes, waves and steady state flows in a fluid-like elastic medium. Stowe (and Maxwell) chose to describe this medium in terms of mass, momentum, etc., which is why they get dimensions related to these.

So, I do agree that the aether should be described in more suitable dimensions, but in the end that is a matter of transforming from one set of dimensions to another. Momentum is analogous to induction, for example.
                      Last edited by lamare; 12-29-2011, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Mass Free Electricity

I maintain the pounds per square inch has absolutely no relation to capacitance whatsoever, in the world of electrical engineers. Hence it is absurd. To quote E.H. Armstrong, "They substitute words for reality, and then talk about the words." This is what physics has done. In Electricity, the ideas og Goethe and Wilhelm Reich are much more in accord with electricity, and the formative forces in general. Newton was a materialist and his physics represents an impediment to the understanding of electricity. For those married to "Little Ball Bearings", this is why we have the Planck. Here you can have your beloved E equals mc squared which is so dear to your heart. So use it, don't heap capacitance and inductance with lead weights.

The Aether does not relate to the inertial laws of Newton, but the formative forces laws of Goethe.

73 DE N6KPH
                        SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Purchase Eric Dollard's Books & Videos: Eric Dollard Books & Videos
                        Donate by Paypal: Donate to EPD Laboratories

Comment

• Hi Eric,

Are we done with the Theory of Anti-Relativity?

I have been copy/pasting all your posts into a single document so I can read them in context, but I am not sure anymore where things begin and end.

Thanks.
                          Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

• Tesla said that electromagnetic waves were like sound waves in the ether, and sound has no mass, right? Here is a quote I from from him.

"The assumption of the Maxwellian ether was thought necessary to explain the propagation of light by transverse vibrations, which can only occur in a solid. So fascinating was this theory that even at present it has many supporters, despite the manifest impossibility of a medium, perfectly mobile and tenuous to a degree inconceivable, and yet extremely rigid, like steel. As a result some illusionary ideas have been formed and various phenomena erroneously interpreted. The so—called Hertz waves are still considered a reality proving that light is electrical in its nature, and also that the ether is capable of transmitting transverse vibrations of frequencies however low. This view has become untenable since I showed that the universal medium is a gaseous body in which only longitudinal pulses can be prop*agated, involving alternating compressions and expansions similar to those produced by sound waves in the air. Thus, a wireless transmitter does not emit Hertz waves which are a myth, but sound waves in the ether, behaving in every respect like those in the air, except that, owing to the great elastic force and extremely small densi*ty of the medium, their speed is that of light."

from this article located here "Pioneer Radio Engineer Gives Views On Power"

Comment

I maintain the pounds per square inch has absolutely no relation to capacitance whatsoever, in the world of electrical engineers. Hence it is absurd. To quote E.H. Armstrong, "They substitute words for reality, and then talk about the words." This is what physics has done. In Electricity, the ideas og Goethe and Wilhelm Reich are much more in accord with electricity, and the formative forces in general. Newton was a materialist and his physics represents an impediment to the understanding of electricity. For those married to "Little Ball Bearings", this is why we have the Planck. Here you can have your beloved E equals mc squared which is so dear to your heart. So use it, don't heap capacitance and inductance with lead weights.

The Aether does not relate to the inertial laws of Newton, but the formative forces laws of Goethe.

73 DE N6KPH
                              Eric,
                              I fully agree, mass has no relation to the dielectric, why should it? The useage of mass for electrical charge is a way to pin down the force and associate the speed of light as the limit due to mass.
                              going a step further, it's more than just saying that light isn't the speed limit but that the mass relation is not correct. once this is removed it's easier to understand why C isn't a limit. The dielectric is a field, a wave function without mass, then it easier to see the stress of the orthogonal fields Phi and Psi that give rise to electrical phenomenon.

physical matter at it's basic building form is a wave function of the Phi and Psi fields. This will be a confusing contention as matter has mass, how does the stress of the dielectric give rise to mass yet has no mass? excellent question...

The physicist will use reductionism to keep the 'steps' and maintain order of the classical system. The problem is it of course is not that way at all. A wave nature is complex and non reducible, by that I mean the nature of everything is connected to 'everything'. This also gives rise to a few issues of determinism that we won't cover here.

I'll end with gravity, it's mass-less yet has force.

The bigger consequence of this is that the mathematics for this will have no relation to current math as it's replete with adjustments for relativity and based on the particle concept.

Comment

73 DE N6KPH

How about capacitance being related to compression of the aether? Is that really that far fetched?

I think we all agree on the following:

1. A real, physical aether exists which has fluid-like properties in terms of its ability to sustain the various kinds of electro-magnetic fields and waves.

2. All that is physical consists of three principal phenomena in the aether:
                                a. steady-state flows;
                                b. waves;
                                c. vortexes (rotational movement).

All right. If we all agree on this, then mass can only consist of these same 3 phenomena in the aether, can only consist as some kind of dynamic oscillating structure in the aether.

The most fundamental question is: what is the aether like? What does it consist of?

It cannot consist of mass, because mass is a wave phenomenon in the aether. It can also not exist of any kind of electro-magnetic waves of fields, becase these are also phenomenon in the aether.

And since the only way we have to "measure" or interact with the aether is by means of mass and electric phenomena (of which mass is just a particular one) we have no way to determine what the aether really consists of.

But we know it has fluid-like properties in terms of it's capabilities of sustaining the physical phenomena we know as electro-magnetics and mass, which are the following ones in terms of electrical engineering:

A Dissident View of Relativity Theory by William H. Cantrell, Ph.D.
                                Given that the nothingness of a perfect absolute vacuum is bestowed with the physical properties of a permittivity, eo8.854 pF/m, a permeability, mo4p x 10-7 H/m, and a characteristic impedance of 377 ohms, is the concept of an aether really that outlandish?
                                However, these are analoguous to the properties used to describe sound waves in acoustic metamaterials, for example:

Acoustic metamaterials - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Control of the various forms of sound waves is mostly accomplished through the bulk modulus β, mass density ρ, and Chirality. The density and bulk modulus are analogies of the electromagnetic parameters, permittivity and permeability, in electromagnetic metamaterials. Related to this is the mechanics of wave propagation in a lattice structure. Also materials have mass, and instrinsic degrees of stiffness. Together, these form a resonant system, and the mechanical (sonic) resonance may be excited by appropriate sonic frequencies (for example pulses at audio frequencies).
                                And C.K. Thornhill shows exactly what is wrong with the Maxwell equations and that these reduce to the same equations that describe waves in fluids once you remove the ideas that the electro-magnetic fields are caused by "charge" and "currents":

http://etherphysics.net/CKT4.pdf
                                The real space-time of Newtonian mechanics and the ether concept is contrasted with the imaginary space-time of the non-ether concept and relativity.
                                In real space-time (x, y, z, ct) characteristic theory shows that Maxwell’s equations and sound waves in any uniform fluid at rest have identical wave surfaces. Moreover, without charge or current, Maxwell’s equations reduce to the same standard wave equation which governs such sound waves.

So, there are various ways to describe the propagation of waves trough a fluid-like medium, which are in essence all the same, apart from the units of measurements being used. And just like you can use miles just as well as kilometers to express distance, you can use density and bulk modules just as well as permittivity and permeability. They are essentially the same when applied to the description of the aether itself. Both descriptions are equally valid, just like miles and kilometers describe the same thing. They are just different units of measurements.
                                Last edited by lamare; 12-30-2011, 01:30 PM. Reason: expanded wp quote a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X