Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter, whatever happened with Eric P. Dollard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kokomoj0
    replied
    out of curiosity did you put a well grounded faraday cage over the coil and grounds to insure no tem was getting through?

Leave a comment:

• dR-Green
    replied
    I don't know if I've calculated it right, but here are some more charts of the data from the experiment in Excel. Based on the 363.888888888888ns difference in the radio signal, the underground wave velocity is 300178714.7 Metres/sec and the journey time is 282.431751µS, giving a ratio of 1.001288414 times the velocity of light. Starting with receivers in phase unison with a test oscillator:

Radio signal:

Audio signal:

Also despite the apparent better reception of the overground wave judging by the radio signal image, the underground receiver was much louder and clearer and had to be turned down to get it equal with the other. The noise/interference in the audio signal of the overground receiver can be seen and compared in the other image as an example. That was one of the best possible samples during the particular experiment.

Leave a comment:

• dR-Green
    replied
    Originally posted by T-rex View Post
    Notes on the Crystal Set

When measuring the velocity difference between underground and our ground, the two seperate receivers can be brought into phase unison by the use of a test oscillator. Both receivers must have a primary tank circuit, here you can place your measurement equipment.

The detected AM output, audio frequency, signal is immune to receiver phase shift. This is a property of A.M. detection. Use the audio to measure propagation delay.
    Ok, the provisional results of the experiment are in

Transmitter Power = 100kW
    Transmitter distance = 84780 Metres
    Underground wave velocity approx = 300178714.7 Metres/sec
    Average time difference between wave detection = 363.888888888888ns
    Ratio to overground wave velocity = 1.001288414
    Average audio signal delay = 13469ns

Scope data in Excel charts:

Channel A (Blue) = Underground
    Channel B (Red) = Overground

I'll upload the gathered data soon.

Leave a comment:

• jake
    replied
    Crystal Radio Rite of Passage

Im moving all my crystal radio questions over to:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post182800

Please show me what you got.

Also I held out until I got the crystal ear piece. It works well. A little too well.

Leave a comment:

• Skiv
    replied
    Originally posted by Kokomoj0 View Post
    thats pretty high freq to put through the ground,
    Yes, it is, BUT...

1. Eric wrote about modelling the Alexanderson Array (originally 19 kc.) in the 160-metre ham band (1900 kc.). Note that's not a flat-coil system; I include it to to show him working higher frequencies. (What I read and see on videos is that it was a great system for storing incredible amounts of circulating energy, but not so hot as a radiator, but I may be misinterpreting.)

2. Eric seems to be saying in the SBARC video that he's using a flat coil system for transmit and receive on 40-metres (7000 kc.).

3. In the longitudinal electricity video, he's using a small flat coil pair setup to transmit and receive a signal (the beach scene).

4. In the Marconi Wireless video, he shows what looks like the exact same flat coil (one of the pair) and explains that it is "a 2.3 megacycle coil" and uses it to receive signals at 10,000 kc.

Looks to me like he's using it at those frequencies, and making it work for communications. If he was using a similar system at 7000 kc in 1986, then that's double the frequency I'm aiming at -- being mindful of the low-frequency advantages. I want to duplicate the design and see how it works.

I'm essentially trying to confirm that I read that right. If I'm right, then building the system seems fairly straightforward (once I've got the math sorted, which may be non-trivial).

Did that throw a little more light on what and why I'm asking? If not, I'll keep trying -- I'm finding new information all the time, and it's helping my understanding.

Leave a comment:

• john_g
    replied
    True Wireless by Tesla

Hi

I thought this article by Tesla, printed in the Electrical Experimenter, gives more background supporting Eric's video of the old radio site.

http://www.coralcastlecode.com/siteb.../TESLATrue.pdf

Regards

John

Leave a comment:

• lamare
    replied
    Originally posted by Lambda View Post
    Hi Dave,

I am unable to locate a PRC-47 online anywhere for Eric or I'd attempt to spring for it, in hopes that it even works... I doubt Eric will accept it, but ask him if he will accept a Kenwood TS-50, it is a good mobile HF rig with 100 watts PEP, does USB, LSB, AM, & CW of course. If he is ok with that, what else will he need, tuner, dipole, vertical 40m hamstick? I hope he will accept the TS-50, since even if I can locate and acquire the rare PRC-47, it may not even be operational, and he wants a working rig. If he does accept the TS-50, I'll ship it to him with everything he could need. This will at least get him on the air. Dave, you can personally email me for further discussion on this @ energetix@hush.com.

Regards,
    Mike

73 DE WX9HV
    There appears to be a PRC-47 for sale here:
    AN/PRC-47 Tactical VHF Transceiver In Stock
    Search results for: 'prc-47'

This is a direct link to the unit:
    AN/PRC-47 Tactical VHF Transceiver

They ask $300 for it...
    Last edited by lamare; 03-01-2012, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lambda
    replied
    Eric's PRC-47 Request

Originally posted by Web000x View Post
    When I spoke to Eric yesterday, he was inquiring about some ham radio so that he could have some form of communication aside from the payphones. Is there anybody out there that can locate a working PRC-47 for Eric?

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I am unable to locate a PRC-47 online anywhere for Eric or I'd attempt to spring for it, in hopes that it even works... I doubt Eric will accept it, but ask him if he will accept a Kenwood TS-50, it is a good mobile HF rig with 100 watts PEP, does USB, LSB, AM, & CW of course. If he is ok with that, what else will he need, tuner, dipole, vertical 40m hamstick? I hope he will accept the TS-50, since even if I can locate and acquire the rare PRC-47, it may not even be operational, and he wants a working rig. If he does accept the TS-50, I'll ship it to him with everything he could need. This will at least get him on the air. Dave, you can personally email me for further discussion on this @ energetix@hush.com.

Regards,
    Mike

73 DE WX9HV

Leave a comment:

• Web000x
    replied
    When I spoke to Eric yesterday, he was inquiring about some ham radio so that he could have some form of communication aside from the payphones. Is there anybody out there that can locate a working PRC-47 for Eric?

Also, he asked me if I had received any of the material that I had requested from his friends, Hal and Stephan. This material consists of a 300+ page book that Eric calls his "RCA book" that I think documents Eric's adventure into the works of Nikola Tesla. Hal will not seem to release the book for whatever reason. He even stopped responding to my emails. There are also some San Francisco Tesla Society lectures that Stephan has that were supposedly going to be mailed to me but that still hasn't happened even after multiple times of saying "Sure, I'll get those in the mail". I post this in hopes that Hal or Stephan will read this and make something happen. It is a damn shame to see people sit on this type of material...

Does anybody have 30 to 40 acres in Arizona or California that would be willing to let Eric use it as an antennae field?

Dave
    Last edited by Web000x; 02-29-2012, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kokomoj0
    replied
    Originally posted by madhatter View Post
    i just finished the frame forms for the coils tonight. I found that pegboard and dowels make a great substructure, I also wanted the form to be round so I used lawn edge forms, it's a fiber board strip 3" wide .2" thick and comes in 50' rolls. forming that around the pegs will give a nice round base to work on. I'll get some pics up on the yahoo groups in the next couple of days.
    which one are you building the crystal receiver or transmitter?

Leave a comment:

• madhatter
    replied
    i just finished the frame forms for the coils tonight. I found that pegboard and dowels make a great substructure, I also wanted the form to be round so I used lawn edge forms, it's a fiber board strip 3" wide .2" thick and comes in 50' rolls. forming that around the pegs will give a nice round base to work on. I'll get some pics up on the yahoo groups in the next couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• Kokomoj0
    replied
    just thinking out loud here but I would imagine if you wanted to increase the sensitivity you could put just a wee bit of forward dc bias on that diode and use a feed through cap to your head set if you wanted to keep it very close to original, or even add an op amp too, or put an amp direct off of the coil LOL. of course then its not really a crystal anymore LOL
    Last edited by Kokomoj0; 02-29-2012, 05:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• madhatter
    replied
    Originally posted by jake View Post
    @ Mad:

Yea, I posted that on the yahoo groups. I liked the "inches conversion" you added. But I'm a chemist so it's all metric for me.

The skin depth calculator will help me tramendously when I build my second generation crystal set. Im anal about using more wire then you neek. but I have to stick with 10/sqrt(F) when building the tesla transformer or until I understand what Im even trying to do there.

I knew nothing about crystal sets 5 months ago but after going through what feels like 100s of "how to's" form the 40s, 50s and 60s I am overwhelmed by the variaty and impressed by the simplicity of a crystal reciever.

I am waiting on a peizo earpiece and some germanium diodes I'm using a shottky for now. but I really want to hear it, but for now I can only see it on a DSOnano. It's taking every ounce of restraint to keep from building a simple amplifier.
    That's alright, I added the inch to metric conversion in spots to handle that most of the wire specs was in imperial units. I added some more calcs to handle Cu density of coax and wire gauge of choice. just uploaded the file.

Leave a comment:

• jake
    replied
    coil love

Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
    Why not? You'll only be amplifying the audio signal so you can hear it easier. I'd say it helps with getting things set up for the first time if you can actually know what it is that you're hearing at least, instead of just guessing or wondering if you're imagining the sounds I think the point is that it will power the headset by itself, but since we know that already then there's no harm in using an amplifier to hear what you're receiving better. Then you can also judge the quality difference between the other receiver etc.
    call me romantic but this is my first and I want it to be special.
    that right I said it.. my first..

unfortunatly it will be a short lived romance because I'm winding another AM receiver with looser coupling.. aka much more similar to the two coil tesla transformer.

Anyone want to start a thread on crystal sets? Ill post mine up when I get my parts.

Leave a comment:

• dR-Green
    replied
    Originally posted by jake View Post
    It's taking every ounce of restraint to keep from building a simple amplifier.
    Why not? You'll only be amplifying the audio signal so you can hear it easier. I'd say it helps with getting things set up for the first time if you can actually know what it is that you're hearing at least, instead of just guessing or wondering if you're imagining the sounds I think the point is that it will power the headset by itself, but since we know that already then there's no harm in using an amplifier to hear what you're receiving better. Then you can also judge the quality difference between the other receiver etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X