Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need to learn in order to understand the Four Quadrant Theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need to learn in order to understand the Four Quadrant Theory?

Hi guys,

I'm still stuck with the Four Quadrant Theory and I was thinking, how can I get out of this situation?

I have an understanding of the following things: EMF, displacement current, inductance, capacitance, reactance, etc.
    I also understand how the syncronous motor/generator operates and phase lagging/leading.
    And I think I understand what versors are.

So, where do I go from here?

Things I don't understand at all:
    - reactive and active power (and the relation between them)
    - how the versor operator is used in equations
    - angular position calculation
    - This quote: "The rotor, as shown, can be in the energy consumption position, or it can be in the energy storage position, this position on the rotating electric wave. In the former case, the machine acts as a motor, in the latter case it acts as a reactance, neither consuming nor producing energy."

Thanks!

Four Quadrant Theory

At the bare basics, have you read Eric's Lone Pine Writings, the first book?

That sets up all the dimensions from the beginning. All the papers in that book are posted in this forum for free or you can purchase a copy at Lone Pine Writings by Eric Dollard

I'm not sure if you have studied Eric's original four quadrant papers from Borderland or have you watched the presentation and read the book from Four Quadrant Representation of Electricity by Eric Dollard because that is the next step after Lone Pine Writings. It is much simpler than the old Borderland Four Quadrant papers and is meant to also help the layman as much as possible.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      At the bare basics, have you read Eric's Lone Pine Writings, the first book?

That sets up all the dimensions from the beginning. All the papers in that book are posted in this forum for free or you can purchase a copy at Lone Pine Writings by Eric Dollard

I'm not sure if you have studied Eric's original four quadrant papers from Borderland or have you watched the presentation and read the book from Four Quadrant Representation of Electricity by Eric Dollard because that is the next step after Lone Pine Writings. It is much simpler than the old Borderland Four Quadrant papers and is meant to also help the layman as much as possible.
      Hey Aaron. Yes, I have, I have bought pretty much everything from Eric
      his work/presentations and I have tried to read most of it.
      But, it's so overwhelming... and hard to understand it completely.
      Last edited by icidasset; 09-08-2015, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Also given this

Eric said there are supposed to be four voltages, so:

- Are these four voltages a result of one impressed AC EMF?
        - What are the four voltages exactly?
        - Do the EMF and displacement current always counter-rotate?
        Last edited by icidasset; 09-11-2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X