This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRI update.

I uncoiled my 100 feet long #10 ga copper wire which the seller shipped coiled to a 4 inch diameter blob. I promised earlier that I will repeat the telluric antenna experiment with bare wire. So I set the AM radio to a very weak station and placed it next to the grounding rod, then I connected the bare copper wire to the grounding rod and there was barely any change in reception. Next I disconnected the bare copper wire and connected the insulated wire (which is still not buried) to the grounding rod and suddenly the volume has increased significantly. I suspected already that the bare wire will not work as a telluric antenna since during my initial experiment once I connected both ends of the 200 feet long insulated wire to grounding rods and the result were negligible compared only one end of the insulated wire being grounded. Next I will report after I finished connecting my star radial grounding system.
    Remember Eric said that "bigger is better" for the telluric insulted wire diameter. The cost involved going bigger can go up exponentially. So I will try one more thing before I bury my insulated wire. I will run a second insulated wire parallel with the first to see if more conductor in the ground will further improve AM reception. If this works I can get for instance a three conductor #14 ga copper cable for underground services in lieu of a #10 ga single insulated wire, just connect the ends together of the 3 conductors, insulate one end and ground the other.

Comment

• Latest Eric Dollard update

ERIC DOLLARD UPDATE - been a busy week and a half working with Eric on different projects.

ADVANCED SEISMIC WARNING SYSTEM - If you visit his blog - BLOG - Eric P. Dollard - Official Homepage the last several posts are all photo albums showing the latest work on the seismic project. They are on track to show signals coming from the ground early December. It won't be as sophisticated as what was at Landers but it shows the concept. Putting together an instrumentation system with chart recorders, etc... will be worked on next year. Eric also did a narrated powerpoint with pictures video presentation that will be on Youtube as soon as I get it edited and rendered. You will understand what is shown in the photo albums that were recently posted.

VERSOR ALGEBRA 2 - this has already been released, but there have been a few minor edits and that will be uploaded to the same download page as before. We'll send notice when it is available so if you purchased this book, you will be able to get the updated version with the new edits.

CRYSTAL RADIO INITIATIVE - There is a white board presentation with Eric teaching how to calculate the windings for a Tesla Resonant Transformer. That is so you can make a Tesla style crystal radio to receive signals from the ground. This will be available for $7 to help pay for the gas he used to drive here and work on this and other projects.

EXTRALUMINAL TRANSMISSION - this presentation has some companion books coming out later. One is dedicated to expanding on JJ Thomson concepts and the other is all the rest relating to extraluminal transmission systems.

EPD LABORATORIES, INC. - Eric is starting to do some experiments on the bench and there is a lot of glom at his disposal. I'll be sending some slotted standards shelves and bins and much of the glom will be stripped and parts organized. We are also getting a lot of stuff from ebay so Eric will have a fairly complete parts inventory to start working on other projects.

There's more, but this is the latest. Please support Eric Dollard and EPD Laboratories by giving a donation through PayPal - Homepage - Eric P. Dollard - Official Homepage - thanks for all of your support!
      Sincerely,
      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Originally posted by Nhopa View Post
        Hi dR-Green and Sputins:
        Thank you for your comments.
        I need some help sorting out the issue of distributed capacity.
        In Tesla's CSN on page 72 (on the top) it says that the distance between coil turns would have to be reduced to 1/83 of the previous value in order to reduce distributed capacity. This number came about because Tesla reduced the wire size from #10 to #31 in order to have a much smaller distributed capacity.
        I found two US patents, 1342209 and1409352, both of which claims that their invention will reduce coil distributed capacity. One states that the distributed capacity effect is inversely proportional to the spacing between the turns. This seems to be contradicting Tesla's finding.
        Let say we agree with these patent claims, can we benefit by winding our secondary coil in accordance with one of the methods?
        For one of my secondary coil I calculated 19.47 pF (this value will be re verified) for the distributed capacity. According to Tesla one can place capacitors in series with the coil turns to reduce the distributed capacity. In my case how do I determine how many and what value capacitors should I use.
        Eric gives the spacing between coil turn centers as Tau=l/N*2xPi, this equation does not take into consideration the magnitude of distributed capacity as a function of the coil turns spacing. Take care.
        Good question. I read that part of CSN and seems to me Tesla was trying a smaller wire using the same width and height of the coil. So he figured the distributed capacity was lower with the smaller wire and needs the spacing to be smaller by a somewhat different amount to get the same capacity. That leads to sparking problems. His calculations make sens and are close to his own experimental vallues.
        But in this publication the capacity does not depend on wire diameter or spacing.

http://www.g3ynh.info/zdocs/magnetic...ons_131023.pdf

The smallest capacity is when height and diameter are equal.

To me it makes sense to have a high distributed capacity and look for the backward wave resonance mode.
        Last edited by orgonaut314; 09-30-2015, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• I mean the wave that sees the capacitance between the turns in series and the inductance parallel. This mode is different from the resonance mode that sees the inductance in series and the capacitance between turns parallel.

Comment

• Tesla's pancake coil is espescially designed for its high capacitance.

Quote:

In order to attain my object and to properly increase the capacity of any given coil, I wind it in such way as to secure a greater difference of potential between its adjacent turns or convolutions, and since the energy stored in the coil—considering the latter as a condenser, is proportionate to the square of the potential difference between its adjacent convolutions, it is evident that I may in this way secure by a proper disposition of these convolutions a greatly increased capacity for a given increase in potential difference between the turns.

Nikola Tesla U.S. Patent 512,340 - Coil for Electro-Magnets | Tesla Universe

I am going for the coils Meyl uses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nhopa View Post
              Hi dR-Green:

This is a very nice setup. With so much water around you, you should have no problem creating a near zero Ohm ground.
              I received my #10 gage copper wire today, but my oscilloscope broke down so now I am working on that problem.
              Not quite the middle of London. About as far west as you can get without needing a boat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmarthenshire

Typical bad luck with the scope breaking down as soon as you get something else sorted.

I appreciate your updates and experimental results and what not!
              http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• You live in a beautiful historic area. How is your Welsh?
                Today I got the parts to repair my scope's A5 board. We had 107 F today, so outside work was not an option. I thought about doing some more test with the telluric antenna, I will soon report on the results.
                Orgonaut314 had some interesting comments about the coil distributed capacity. Recommend checking out US patents 1342209 and 1409352. Their intent were to reduce coils' distributed capacity. Figure 2 of patent 1342209 is a pancake style coil. dR-Green has good experience with pancake coils, I believe his early CRI set up utilized this type of coil.

Comment

• I completed connecting the star radial grounding rods, all is left to bring the ground into the house. On the telluric antenna I added an extra 300 feet to the existing 200 feet long wire. When I was tuned to a weak station the connected the 200 feet wire the reception got much stronger and when I connected the extra 300 feet there was no change in the reception strength. Next I tuned to a weak station approximately twice the frequency than before and the result was much better reception with the 200+300 feet long antenna.
                  The way I see it is the AM band is 600 kHz to 1600 kHz. A full wave antenna would be 498 m (1633 Ft) to 186 m (613 Ft) long corresponding to 600 kHz and 1600 kHz respectively. Antenna books indicate that reception is good with 1/2 wave or even 1/4 wave long antennas. So in a frugal design, one can get away using a 409 feet long antenna to cover the AM spectrum.
                  A full wavelength design would be 1633 feet long. In Eric's case he is working with twice 6000 feet wire antenna. In the antenna books I could not find that "longer is better", but 12,000 feet definitely covers the spectrum multiple times, so it could not hurt.
                  I am not an antenna designer and if in case the aerial antenna rules do not apply to the telluric antennas then I would ask Eric to gives us a "primer" on antennas in general. Have a good weekend.

Comment

• Perhaps interesting as Dollard says charge is stored in the dielectric and used the leyden jar as example

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyden_jar

It was generally believed in 1800 that the charge was in the glass because of the leyden jar untill they found out it was a special case as glass is hydroscopic (absorbs water).

The same experiment with parafin made it clear the charge was on the plates.

Addenbrook (1922) found that in a dissectible jar made of paraffin wax, or glass baked to remove moisture, the charge remained on the metal plates.[9] Zeleny (1944) confirmed these results ...

Now we have the information to understand this video
                    Dissectible Capacitor | MIT Video
                    Last edited by orgonaut314; 10-08-2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• After viewing the MIT video it is interesting to speculate about capacitors in general. The text books state that the charges reside on the metal plates.
                      The following experiments serve no practical purpose at this time just food for thoughts.

If I have a two plate capacitor with air as the dielectric than where would the + and - charges reside? Perhaps on the metal plates?
                      With this same capacitor with glass as the dielectric the charges would reside on the two sides of the glass plate, + on one side and - on the other.
                      So if I have a stack of glass dielectrics I can charge each glass plate to a certain Q. If I take this plate out and charge the next plate and remove it, then I can place the second plate on top of the first one so that - goes on -. The next time I repeat this I will place + on + on both sides of the two plates I already have and on the next plates I alternate as required. Of course the total charge on each plate has to be a little less than half of the break down charge of the dielectric.
                      So I can go as long as I want and store all those charges in one place. If I put them in a non-conducting container where I have contacts on one side to the negative charges and on the other side I have contacts to the positive charges then in essence I created a super capacitor without metal plates, or did I?
                      If I would charge each glass plate of say area=2A, but the metal plates on both sides would only be area=A, what will be the total charge on the glass plate? What is the limiting size that will control the total charge, the metal plates or the glass plate sizes? Please let me know what you think.

Comment

• Henry Cavendish and Various

Henry Cavendish and his 'Electrical Researches' Volume 1:

https://archive.org/details/electricalresear00caveuoft

Edited by James Clerk Maxwell.
                        Brilliant English lone researcher that used his body as the meter to detect current.

The Cavendish Experiment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdiUoKa9Nw

Will be getting back into the Lab after the heat sets in with Vacuum Tubes into the TMT.
                        Just moved, with my wife, some 14 tonnes of gravel on the driveway, looks good - distractions!
                        Just bought an 8" Saxon Dobsonian Telescope to look at where the Cosmic Rays are coming from - another distraction.

Eric Dollard should have taken up my offer in the Land Of Oz, a fully equipped Lab outfitted with Henry Ford Buzz boxes and a Grey Shrike Thrush guarding the front door.
                        Sorry that it did not work out with John.
                        Preparing a snail mail with respect to the Vacuum Tube builds - Tesla Transformer Pulse Generator/Regenerative Magnifying Receiver/Cosmic Ray Detector.
                        Also a dual 5U4G rectifier power supply that was involved with the implosion TV event where the AC (5volt) and DC (405 volt) are together at the output.

Aetheric Weather Engineering continues successfully with 22 devices of 11 different methodologies - makes current science look a little sick.
                        Be back soon.

Smokey

Comment

• Hi Nhopa, the glass has moisture absorbed. Moisture is the conductor that works as a metal plate. Only moisture on the surface.
                          Last edited by orgonaut314; 10-10-2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• The Dielectric Indeed

Originally posted by orgonaut314 View Post
                            Hi Nhopa, the glass has moisture absorbed. Moisture is the conductor that works as a metal plate. Only moisture on the surface.
                            This should put you back on the rails again...

https://youtu.be/NQO-p_ff0Xs

Richard Hull from TCBOR shows the dissectible capacitor experiment. No moisture in glass here. (It took me awhile to dig this out of the 60 videos).
                            "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Interesting observation. So if in the MIT demonstration the glass dielectric would have been baked in an oven to get rid of all the moisture on the surface, then the leyden jar would not work as a capacitor? On the other hand if it is really the moisture that retains the charge, then instead of a metal plate, one only needs a "charging" metal wire contacting the glass because the "conductive" glass will take all the charges that comes from the wire (let say up to break down).

Comment

• I just had another thought about orgonaut314 comment, based on which this leyden jar would not function in outer space. No atmosphere, no moisture. So are we saying that plate capacitors with glass dielectrics will only function on earth?

Comment

Working...
                                X