This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
    Fantastic results dr Green! The light bulb pictures tell the story. Lighting a 15W filament bulb with just one wire and the capacitance / grounding of your body. Very impressive.

I can report I did the same/similar thing last night for the first time ever! - A 25 watt filament bulb lit to near full brightness. Starting off with low power and a shot of scotch for courage, I held the wire from the bulb and it lit up! I then increased the power incrementally until full brightness was achieved. It’s a strange thing and a strange feeling to do for the first time! I found that if I lightly grab the wire from the bulb it hurts, or feels like its’ hot or burning, but gripping it tightly for good contact you feel absolutely nothing! (Pictures of this to come).

I’m running no extra coil as yet, just the (spiral) secondary and a terminal capacitance only. So I will hopefully improve my results with an extra coil, further tuning and matching the primary & secondary masses.

The thing is that your results are far more impressive than mine because you are lighting similar bulbs and doing it with one-tenth the power! So that is very impressive indeed. Great work, rewarded with the results. I’m sure you have other configurations & experiments in mind, by including the receiving coils etc. Always interesting to see what your doing.

Sputins.
    Thanks Sputins, nice work yourself, I was going to ask if you had tried holding the bulb yet. I always have a chuckle to myself when I think about it. But the conventional dismissal explanations can be even more amusing than the truth, in the past some have tried to claim that the current is going through the sleeve of my woollen jumper to complete the circuit and that it would be very painful etc!

I would think that the burning is a bit of arcing into your finger, that can sting a bit, but as you say once contact is made and you hold on tight then nothing can be felt. If you use varying power levels you should also be able to see the difference in bulb brightness between "light" connections and gripping it tight with both hands etc, which translates to the importance of all the (ground) connections ideally being soldered and as broad as possible like Eric says, sheet or strip from the coil output to ground etc. I'm still using alligator leads but I think you will find in an obvious way that ideally you shouldn't.

An extra coil can make a significant difference in output for the same input. Personally I've also found the DMT/TMT style coils to be a lot better than my flat spirals, so it should be quite impressive with your amp. I've gotten a lot worse results than these using spark gaps and thousands of volts in the past, so things are progressing nicely I would say, considering it's now also possible to use the same setup for transmission of CLEAN intelligible signals. It's taken long enough to finally come up with an amplifier that's up to the job though! We'll find out how much more power can be squeezed out of it when my power resistors arrive hopefully tomorrow.
    http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Eric Dollard answers questions on Facebook

New interview video with Eric - Eric Dollard answers questions from Facebook - Jan 27, 2014 - YouTube

Eric answers a bunch of questions that were posted to him through his Facebook account: http://facebook.com/ericpdollard - Give his Facebook page a like!
      Sincerely,
      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• 40 meter ham band T.M.T.

Hello everyone , here a post of the first update on the 40 m HAM band TMT. all calculations by basic dr.e.d. calculations .
        I did put up a photo` s of the form made of TRESPA high-pressure laminate and 19mm white PVC rods . The center have a holder for a glasfiber pole to hold the coils in place like a steady antenna .
        disign frequency is about 7060 KHz
        i took a sec. coil of 6 turns , diameter is 358mm, wire diameter/coax braid 8mm and 5.5mm space 78mm highcoil wire l. 6,75m L=19uH and Sc=24pF
        Fr=7.45MHz with 5,8tap the ring cap can de about 4 pF Helical Coil Calculator
        I will make special ring caps they come on the pole .
        The extra coil is about 16.675 meter long wire , 143mm diameter ,8mm coax , 5,5 mm space , 50,5uH 8.7pF about 2 pf to tune to the ring cap . Fr=7.75MHz at 36.7 tap some room for ring cap.
        no space for `real` extra reflection cap on top for extra coil.
        I`ll try this out then i make a nother extra coil with less on the coil like 1/8 wave on coil and 1/8 wave delay and reflecting cap .
        I made calculations to for a AM broadcast receive TMT on 675KHz here in the netherlands it would take about 300 meter 8 mm coax .
        however i might pull 1000 watts or more of the transmitter site close by the site .
        i will post the radio maria AM MW TMT later on .
        show you some more within some days the coils and basic measurements.
        greetings de PD7Z
        Attached Files
        Last edited by AstroNod; 01-31-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
          Thanks Sputins, nice work yourself, I was going to ask if you had tried holding the bulb yet. I always have a chuckle to myself when I think about it. But the conventional dismissal explanations can be even more amusing than the truth, in the past some have tried to claim that the current is going through the sleeve of my woollen jumper to complete the circuit and that it would be very painful etc!

I would think that the burning is a bit of arcing into your finger, that can sting a bit, but as you say once contact is made and you hold on tight then nothing can be felt. If you use varying power levels you should also be able to see the difference in bulb brightness between "light" connections and gripping it tight with both hands etc, which translates to the importance of all the (ground) connections ideally being soldered and as broad as possible like Eric says, sheet or strip from the coil output to ground etc. I'm still using alligator leads but I think you will find in an obvious way that ideally you shouldn't.

An extra coil can make a significant difference in output for the same input. Personally I've also found the DMT/TMT style coils to be a lot better than my flat spirals, so it should be quite impressive with your amp. I've gotten a lot worse results than these using spark gaps and thousands of volts in the past, so things are progressing nicely I would say, considering it's now also possible to use the same setup for transmission of CLEAN intelligible signals. It's taken long enough to finally come up with an amplifier that's up to the job though! We'll find out how much more power can be squeezed out of it when my power resistors arrive hopefully tomorrow.
          @dr Green, you’re right, that is what the sting is, arcing to the fingers when the terminal is loosely held. I even received a slight burn through the insulation of the larger clamp, so the current can penetrate the insulation seeking a ground. Penetrate is the wrong term, it was if the current conducts through the (so called) insulation. One is better off to just to grab the metal. No problems. The larger the surface area of the held metal definitely helps. Yeah, less contact or varying the pressure of contact affects the brightness of the bulb. - Love the conventional dismissal comments, wires up the sleave of your woollen jumper hey? Lol.

Now your amp is able to cleanly transmit music or signals which would be quite practical. Mine cannot as yet, but I might be able to modulate the key in some way to transmit some intelligence. (Morse code or other). Perhaps I can modulate the grid. The next push-pull transmitter will have (music) modulation as a feature.

Light bulb lit, with the connection from coil to my hand seen.

Nothing up my sleeve either... The bulb is much brighter that the pictures show, the camera flash affects the picture.

Light bulb close up:

Now it’s time to go down to the local oval and look like a lunatic measuring out the wire for the extra coils..
          "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Bulb Type?

What is that bulb? Is there someone in the know that could help me please?
            As per the Mark McKay’s replication of Eric’s original Radiant Electricity demonstration, what is the type of bulb used for the Radiant output? (Circled in red). I believe it is a long slender type of vacuum bulb?

I know the bulbs used for the termination (reflection capacitance) of the spiral coils are a General Electric type NE-34 vintage bulbs. (These are quite rare and expensive these days). However I’m interested in sourcing one of those long slender vacuum bulbs. If you know (and prefer not to publicly disclose what type they are, lest they are also rare) please PM me. I only want one unit. Thanks
            Sputins.
            "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Vacuum Tubes

Geometric Algebra,

"Coyote letter regarding 6AS7G/6336 tubes and a HF transformer/MK network model.
              Letter: 18-JAN-2014"

Thankyou for that.
              The other Tube Eric was searching for is a 6520 which is a 6AS7G.
              Good information as I had ample here of medium and high mu but only a couple of low mu in the 6J6 and 6S4 and this answers the question as to what they were used for and why.

Slow here and working with the Hendershot Generator and Magnets and Geiger Counters and making it rain, or trying to and this keeps me off the streets.

Some excellent work being done and will be back soon.

Sputins,
              Can't help with the bulb but do have 2 x Carbon filament here for 110v that look very similar.

Smokey

Comment

• Output Transformerless Amplifiers

Output Transformerless Amplifiers:

Output Transformerless Amplifiers

Just knew there was more to this and why Eric picked this particular organisation.
                Sensibly equivalent¶ to:- A1834 - CV2523 - EI834 - ECC230 - 6N13S - 6AS7 - 6520 - A4475

Smokey

Comment

• bulb type

Originally posted by Sputins View Post

What is that bulb? Is there someone in the know that could help me please?
                  As per the Mark McKay’s replication of Eric’s original Radiant Electricity demonstration, what is the type of bulb used for the Radiant output? (Circled in red). I believe it is a long slender type of vacuum bulb?

I know the bulbs used for the termination (reflection capacitance) of the spiral coils are a General Electric type NE-34 vintage bulbs. (These are quite rare and expensive these days). However I’m interested in sourcing one of those long slender vacuum bulbs. If you know (and prefer not to publicly disclose what type they are, lest they are also rare) please PM me. I only want one unit. Thanks
                  Sputins.
                  I forwarded that to Mark - he might reply directly when he sees it in his email.
                  Sincerely,
                  Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                  Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                  RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Dollard Appratus Lamp

Dear Sputins,

I don't really know what that bulb is. The one we started with was a 15 watt appliance lamp, however there was so much electrostatic attraction once we powered up the diathermy machine that it sucked the filament to the side wall and melted it right through the glass. A conference attendee graciously offered to make a quick run to the local hardware store and brought back a collection of appliance lamps, which he wouldn't accept any money for. I selected one that had the same socket and was about the same size as the one that was melted.

I have no idea if it is a pure vacuum lamp or something else. I still have it in the basement.

At the conference I found that pointing a sharp metal object at the lamp (about 1/4" separation) while running could charge the 500 pF capacitor to 6 kV in less than 20 seconds. If the metal point was replaced with a 3" metal disk then no observable charging took place even after two minutes of exposure at the same distance.

let me know if you would like me to dig the lamp out and examine it for part numbers. I think that any appliance lamp will work as good as what we we had going last July. Perhaps a pure vacuum lamp would work better. The appliance lamps available these days don't specify if they are a vacuum type or not. That would require some manufacture data sheet research.

Mark McKay, PE [Spokane1]

Comment

• bulbs

Originally posted by Spokane1 View Post
                      Dear Sputins,

I don't really know what that bulb is. The one we started with was a 15 watt appliance lamp, however there was so much electrostatic attraction once we powered up the diathermy machine that it sucked the filament to the side wall and melted it right through the glass. A conference attendee graciously offered to make a quick run to the local hardware store and brought back a collection of appliance lamps, which he wouldn't accept any money for. I selected one that had the same socket and was about the same size as the one that was melted.

I have no idea if it is a pure vacuum lamp or something else. I still have it in the basement.

At the conference I found that pointing a sharp metal object at the lamp (about 1/4" separation) while running could charge the 500 pF capacitor to 6 kV in less than 20 seconds. If the metal point was replaced with a 3" metal disk then no observable charging took place even after two minutes of exposure at the same distance.

let me know if you would like me to dig the lamp out and examine it for part numbers. I think that any appliance lamp will work as good as what we we had going last July. Perhaps a pure vacuum lamp would work better. The appliance lamps available these days don't specify if they are a vacuum type or not. That would require some manufacture data sheet research.

Mark McKay, PE [Spokane1]

Thanks Aaron for passing on my question.

Hello Mark, (Spokane1)

Thank you for your reply.

- It's kinda good to hear that the bulb is a just regular appliance lamp, nothing too exotic or rare. Although one could say any fillament lamp is rare & exotic these days? I'll do some datasheet research into various bulbs avaliable, it may be found that certain bulbs work better than others, perhaps see if a pure vacuum bulb is better or perhaps vintage carbon filament bulb?

- That is if I can achieve the electrostatic charging effect at all with the CW? The diathermy machine might be the key to this charging effect? Gee the filament being sucked/pushed or pulled to the glass wall and melting right through the glass would have been quite unexpected! It is amazing that the bulbs being lit by the displacement current, (or telluric current) do get quite hot. There is real heat there.

As for the charging of the capacitor, a metal point works better than a plate or disk. That is the exact opposite to what one would think or expect. I suppose it's a beam of electrostatic DC of sorts but not exactly (Tesla's Radiant Electricity), as there is some kind pressure reported. It would be of great interest to me as to experiment and see if there is any bio-healing, charging or effects on the body, plants or water?

Again thanks for your reply.
                      Regards,
                      Sputins.

Comment

• 40 M telsa magnifier transmitter

Hello Every one , John here from the netherlands .
                        Today i will wind the sec coil on the construction.
                        Just removed the isolation layer shield so i have just the coax with braid .
                        Put a Little video up to show the basic what i want to do and how i will build this TMT . Tesla Magnifier 40M Ham - YouTube
                        on sunday i start with the prim. coil . the comming week i do measurements and make the special ring capacitor .
                        I will post some video` s this week about the tesla flat spiral antenna ` for the 11m CB band .Good luck to all
                        73 de PD7Z
                        Last edited by AstroNod; 02-01-2014, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Point to Plate Diode

Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                          Thanks Aaron for passing on my question.

As for the charging of the capacitor, a metal point works better than a plate or disk. That is the exact opposite to what one would think or expect. I suppose it's a beam of electrostatic DC of sorts but not exactly (Tesla's Radiant Electricity), as there is some kind pressure reported. It would be of great interest to me as to experiment and see if there is any bio-healing, charging or effects on the body, plants or water?

Again thanks for your reply.
                          Regards,
                          Sputins.
                          Dear Sputins,

During your on going experimental analysis of this phenomena consider that what is happening here might be a "Point-to-Plate" rectification process. There was a copious amount of 2.6 MHz RF resonating between those two wagon wheel antenna. The input energy was about 600 watts. I would guess we were running at about 400 watts. I was concerned about being that close to an airport without a license.

If the sharp point probe could rectify just a small percentage of that RF then that would explain what we saw. However, Eric came to a different conclusion about the observations that seemed to confirm to him some other expected aspects of this energy.

We did do a simple foil attraction experiment an got a positive result.

As far as sensing a "pressure" with my fingers, well I'm not very sensitive and didn't notice anything other than the heat of the lamp. Other attendees reported feeling "something".

Spokane 1

Comment

• Marconi Tesla Antenna CB 27MHz

Hello everyone . I made a new video of the Marconi Tesla Antenna CB 27MHz . Marconi Tesla CB Antenna` s - YouTube
                            You Hear Also DX receiving USA trackers at channel 6 AM mode .
                            I am from the netherlands , the antenna ` s are indoor and just 1/16 wave lenght long at phi/2 .
                            Check them out .
                            I will go on with the 40 m TMT prim. system and ring cap than i am ready for the real test i have good devices here to show you the measurements .
                            I was looking for the photo` s of john polakowski `s cosmic induction generator , just did find this photo without extra coils .
                            http://energyscienceforum.com/energy...polakowski.jpg
                            good luck to all .
                            De PD7Z
                            Last edited by AstroNod; 02-02-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• It's looking good so far AstroNod. I'm not convinced about your decision to use 6 secondary turns but it will be interesting to get some data on it anyway. I think that perhaps transmission through salt water won't be challenging enough, I think it will practically be as simple to make work as using a wire to connect the coils directly. Although I don't know what kind of range/volume of water you have in mind - if it's in a container and not an experiment on a beach there shouldn't be any difficulty whatsoever.
                              http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Hello Dr. Green . Thx for the reply .
                                The formula` s of E. Dollard make it clear why it wil or won` t work into formula specs . basic.
                                Lo = c / (2*phi*f)
                                Here i show you when i try 20 turns .
                                Lo=6,75816meter Lturn=0.3379meter diameter coil is Lt/phi
                                W=10.76cm
                                coil height is 0.2 * W = 2.1 cm high
                                So 20 turns of wire with 62 % space with just 21mm high .... ok
                                Helical Coil Calculator
                                lets find out .
                                ok with 0,75mm wire and 0.5 mm space i have 61.7uH and 7 pF
                                will make resonance of 7.66MHz
                                when i want to put ring cap on it of 2pF i am already at 6.75 MHz too low .
                                its very hard to make a 0.5mm spacing good .
                                i could use a 19 turn tap the i would have about 2 pF tune range. wire is now 6.4 m long .
                                OK extra coil .
                                Le=16.67meters ((phi*phi) / 4) *Ls
                                We=0.4*Ws that make 27mm diameter
                                Lturn extra is 84,51mm -->8,45cm
                                N = Le/Lt 1667,5cm/8,45cm +197 T
                                OK
                                lets put in the #`s in the calculator
                                1 mm wire and 0.6mm space
                                Helical Coil Calculator
                                L =85uH C =4pF Fr=8.63 MHz 2pF tune range
                                with 195 turns there is 3pF tune range .
                                Well you see Dr . green it can be done but very hard to make it with 0.6mm space and 0.5mm space i might try it one day but not tom.
                                Sure this system have more Inductance than the 6 turn /37 tun i make now however that thinner wire have more resistance to .
                                Ham radio operators use 10 a 100 watts barefoot and legal lim. in there country .
                                However nice small model .
                                There 2 thing is do other is less sec turns and more prim turns.
                                And remenber electricity is dielectric and magnetic so with the 20 turns it have less dielectric 3.5 times less . and 3 times more inductance . Less current and more voltage with th 20 turn model .

So Dr Green i just want to show that it is hard to stay in the ref. specs.
                                62% space and diameter to hight ratio for both coils.
                                And the prim coil for 107.5mm 2 turn give 0.9uH
                                Flat Spiral Coil Calculator
                                2 turn 107.5 mm 5 mm space 0.9uH needs a 560pF cap. to tune it at 7.060MHz
                                However less inductance give less E in the prim coil to send to the sec coil .
                                with a 358mm prim. 3 turns 5 mm space there is 7,4uH about 8 times more inductance ,Naturaly the voltage get doubled at resonace LC at both options of prim coils.
                                If i would use one turn prim. 358mm i get 0.85uH needs about 600pF to tune. Silver mica and a small air cap to fine tune it is a option .
                                with the 3 turns it can have just a aircap var. or better vacuum cap. var. Vacuum caps could make good `ring` caps when your voltages are getting in to the tesla range... those must be Huge to hande 100kV` s or more . To think of the plasma Part Tesla wanted to make for wardenclyffe .With modulation that would be like a Plasma Speaker .

With the 6 Turns it have the same F resonance and good Z tune for the Ground System .

Well Sea water is a good conductor best of all Grounding types .
                                The range what is usefull will be about 175 miles or till 250 Km to me thats local.
                                Well any rage is ok for testing will be nice if HAM`s could transmit trough the earth when the BAND is closed normaly speaking .

I am looking for Telluric Range DX. My normal QUAD antenna is use for HAM radio have great range when conditions are good .

to test it i make 2 of those antenna ` s with that i go testing in the fields and make video` s .

Practical applications that the goal.

Lately i got interested at ELF SLF LF VHF spectrum there telluric current go almost everywhere like eric mentioned a world wide ham net on 500KHz (476KHz)

I will pick up a defective submarine antenna this week the amp is gone sea water but the coil/antenna is 100% . Its very heavy ...
                                Its this one http://www.sippican.com/stuff/conten...nna_system.pdf

All the best .

John de PD7Z
                                Last edited by AstroNod; 02-03-2014, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X