Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.S. Bach - Christmas Oratorio BWV 248 - Part I 'For the First Day of Christmas' - Mvt. I

J.S. Bach - Christmas Oratorio BWV 248 - Part I 'For the First Day of Christmas' - Mvt. I - YouTube
    "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Crystal Set Initiative Review

'Crystal Set Initiative' Review:
      Spent the last few days back doing the basics on the CSI.
      This is from the first Dollard Energetic Forum on Page 34 (Peter, whatever happened with Eric P Dollard) where we are doing the basic tuning with the capacitor Copper Coils.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Did the tuning back and forth to peak the system and when I had finished had the 1uA meter (1N34 across its terminals) sitting by itself with an alligator lead connected to the (-) terminal and one of its mounting bolts and this was on the corner of the top board some 12" away from the Extra Coil.

The Wavetek was turned down to nothing which I measured at +/- 0.125 volts sine wave and this is feeding into the Primary which is now only 5 to 10 mm seperation to the Secondary and peaked for tuning.
      Turns on Secondary best at #15 and this also was closest to the design frequency of 1557 Khz.
      Copper Coil condenser only a paddle pop stick apart for best gain through the system.
      The RF AC meter appeared to work backwards and was discarded in favour of the remote meter.
      In rereading this it appears as if the meter was pointing towards the mesh ground which it was sitting just above as reversing the leads made no difference.

Came away knowing I have a 'something' here which I cannot explain but is directly Telluric associated and definately not Hertzian and that same 'something' appears to me to be 'magnifying' as that is what this is all about.

Disconnect my ground and I lose everything and I notice that I get a slight tingle from the ground mesh from my Camera which is connected via an Adapter to the Mains.

The calculator for the Copper Sheet Inductance I uploaded the other day is pretty good considering the CSI is difficult to dimension with only two turns to work with.
      Dismantled the Condenser and measured between 4.1 and 6.5uH and this is across the space provided for the fixed and variable condensers.
      Calculation came out at 4.1uH which I felt was sufficient acknowledgement that it was correct.
      Condenser fixed and variable measured from 1640 to 3046pF which calculates out with the Inductance for a frequency range of from 1,723,441 to 1,264,600 hertz which covers my designed freq of 1,557,000 adequately.

Secondary Coil:
      Full 20 Turns = 257.8uH and working Turn 17 = 202.6uH
      Extra Coil:
      Turn 55 = 379.9uH and working Turn 50 = 335uH
      It is only now that I feel I have reasonably accurate meters to measure these parameters with some confidence.

Talk of primary and secondary having the same mass is not correct as this was for Tesla's first secondary with 37 Turns and now at 17 is only some 46%.
      All of this is meaningless to most here but is what Eric wants us to do with respect to recording what we experience in the tuning process as certain observations may ring bells later and at least we have a means of recording the data which may assist others and is a Library of results and attempts.
      Going to make an attempt to verify concatenation as my Extra is decidedly different from Eric's Math.
      Have the RMR (Regenerative Magnifying Receiver) out and will power up and see if we can't receive as I already know that I am radiating quite strongly and this will be done without using the Tube Driver.

Review from Page 38 Post 1112 'Ask Mr Wizard':
      5) PI over two; this factor appears twice in the Crystal Radio Initiative, C.R.I. The (20%) secondary coil "effective" propogation velocity is the velocity of light in the space in which it occupies. Here the Pi over two factor is an offset of a unit value to shorten the winding to compensate for the heavy external loading that the secondary is loaded with, that is, the external inductance and capacitance from the earth and extra coil connections. The aspect ratio of 1 to 1 on the extra coil gives an "effective" propogation of 187% the velocity of light, hence the winding length must be made greater in order to get a quarter wave resonance at a higher speed. This is brought down to Pi over 2 percent, 157%, the velocity of light to compensate for the burden upon the extra coil, this mostly arising from the dielectric upon which this coil is wound. The secondary is Pi over two shorter, the extra coil is Pi over two longer. Golly Mr. Wizard that's Pi squared over four! Do not hunt for magic where it is not, this is all experimental. So go experiment.
      End of Quote, emphasis mine.

Not going to agree with the above and this is where the Multiply/Divide comes into question and this IS from experiment.
      If light is travelling faster, surely this would mean a shorter distance or winding and NOT longer as Eric has above for the Extra Coil.
      Funny that my Extra Coil's frequency is at 2,465,000 which is 1,557,000 MULTIPLY (x) pi/2 and if you use Eric's you get 991,217 which is DIVIDE (/) pi/2 meaning a longer winding at a lower frequency and surely should be the other way around.

Do the sum - pi squared over 4 = 2,467,401 - now what was my Extra Coil frequency again?
      It is sheer coincidence that my frequency and p1/2 are so very close that it probably adds to the confusion.

Doesn't faster mean higher frequency and shorter coils or doesn't this refer to a faster light?
      Attempting to prove the error so that you can all understand.
      Think there is an error in the thinking here that the lower frequency gets there quicker but is not the case AS THE WINDING IS LONGER and must be slower.
      If a frequency is travelling faster it must surely be at a higher frequency and if you have a length of say 100' and you put this frequency onto that length you would receive it back as a full wave at the 157% point which translates to 64' (100/157), shorter and NOT longer.
      Turns Confirmation - your calculated length is 124 turns and mine is 50 and our common reference is in the middle of these two at 78.5.
      78.5 x 1.57 = 123.4 where you are at the 64% point - no 'magnifying' here!.
      78.5/1.57 = 50 where I am at the 157% 'magnifying' point.

The problem here is that the Secondary and Extra Coil should be equal in length as stated by Tesla himself and you are using something that is directly opposite to this which I also built and tried and came out of the Tests with a failure.

How long is my Secondary and how long is my Extra?
      S = 30.829 meters in 17 Turns
      E = 30.829 meters in 50 Turns
      30.829 meters Full Wave = 9,724,400 hertz
      Divide by 4 = 2,431,000 and where am I above, at 2,465,000 - pretty close and actually at a 1/4 wave by verification and this is for the Extra Coil.
      The Secondary is the same - two 1/4 Waves side by side and surely a concatenated series - nothing to do with Tandem but I do see how this can be called Tandem - sitting side by side.

Don't see how you can get a 1/4 Wave by using a longer winding and something I proved by doing the Test that Eric recommended back at 'Eric P Dollard' Page 7, Post 184 by Dave Webster and confirmed by me with a Post #484 at 'n6kph' on 18/04/2012.
      How many of you have done this test and what were your results - pi/2 x your design frequency for the Extra like mine as above?
      Will put Post #484 up following this one for reference.

http://www.energeticforum.com/eric-d...dollard-7.html

Why did Tesla reduce his number of Secondary windings from 37 down to 20 and then a final 17 and this is before he built the Extra Coil because he needed to know what length to use and finally used the same length as the secondary?
      He wanted to go higher in frequency, he was too low and too slow to accomodate the concatenated 1/4 waves in both the secondary and his planned Extra and don't forget he was Earth resonant at some 94khz which I have already explained in previous Posts.

At this point I am considering removing the extra turns I added for testing on both the Secondary & Extra as I feel I have a working system and the extra turns are probably adding further L & C which is not aiding the 'magnification'.
      Much still to prove.

Smokey

Comment

• n6kph Post #484

Extra Coil Test:

Frequency 1557 khz
        Field Intensity Meter as directed, 50uA movement with 1N34 Diode and works very well.
        Extra Coil 53 turns, measures 7.75" square (97mm).
        Coil Diameter from calculation = 195.2mm.
        Capacitor Load = Tinned Steel can measures 5" x 2.75".
        Signal Generator Wavetek 191, Sine Wave, 10db Attn (signal out was at a minimum on the control but this unit has a small output at zero probably to assist signal identification and why I have 10db attn in).
        Frequency Counter Sinometer VC3165.
        Distance Best = 6" exactly (153mm).
        Frequency = 2.4655 Mhz.
        AM Radio sitting near test setup tuned to AM Station, loses output when at the peak but I don't hear a sine wave instead, just silence.
        Height of Extra Coil above ground Mesh is 6" (153mm).
        Variable Condenser 30 to 460 pF was fully meshed.
        Changed to Triple Gang at 1470pF and tuning is broad but best at 641pF.
        My presence begins to reduce signal on meter from about 2' distance.
        An Aluminium Beer Can sitting in the 'Adjust' area on the Ground Mesh reduces signal considerably.
        Frequency 24655/15570 = 1.5634.
        Pi/2 = 1.5708.

Hope this is what he required.
        Will put up a pic in my folder as reference.
        Secondary test tomorrow.
        Will probably think of other tests to do here like placing the Extra Coil higher off the Ground Mesh as distances are the same vertical/horizontal but this may be coincidence.
        Will also tune for other peaks.
        A most gratifying feeling when things work out as intended.

Smokey

Comment

• Merry Christmas!

Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
          Why did Tesla reduce his number of Secondary windings from 37 down to 20 and then a final 17 and this is before he built the Extra Coil because he needed to know what length to use and finally used the same length as the secondary?
          I'll comment on some of the other things later or tomorrow, but I think if you check page 345 of CS Notes you will find that the final configuration actually has 20 turns, he reverted back to this after a while of using 17. Also the extra coil is built at this point because he's doing some of the experiments with it around that page.

As for the matched primary and secondary copper weight, Tesla adds more strands of wire on the lower turns of the secondary as the adjustments in the number of turns are made in order to match the weight with the new configuration, not sure which page that's on but it should be mentioned at least twice.
          http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Crystal Set Initiative Review

Twice now I have edited that Post for emphasis and both rejected as the original highlighting was lost in the copy process.
            If you don't read it and understand you won't understand what the problem is and why it needed to be emphasised.

My one question needs to be answered and nothing else - Extra Coil Test results.

Smokey

Comment

• Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
              AM Radio sitting near test setup tuned to AM Station, loses output when at the peak but I don't hear a sine wave instead, just silence.
              If you're not modulating the carrier signal then there's no way you'll hear any deliberate sine wave, audio frequency as they call it is 20-24,000 cycles per second.

I don't really understand your "Extra Coil Test" post, you have "Frequency" listed twice but no clarification on how they are different from each other? I'm guessing one is the quarter wave "supposed" frequency, and the other is the measured frequency?

If you want to emphasise words put a [ B ] to open and [ / B ] to close for bold, or [ I ] and [ / I ] for italic, without the spaces.

Height of Extra Coil above ground Mesh is 6" (153mm).
              My presence begins to reduce signal on meter from about 2' distance.
              If you are affecting it 2 feet away, the 6 inches from the ground plane will have a big effect on it! The coil should be about 2 feet above the ground plane too, ideally at a distance where the frequency isn't affected whatsoever by the ground plane.

Also, you appear to be tuning a variable condenser to end up at the "desired" frequency. But what are the coil's "natural" characteristics I.E. without you deliberately tuning it. It sounds as if the frequency would be very high, given the relatively big coupling capacitance and small distance from the ground plane.
              Last edited by dR-Green; 12-27-2013, 05:46 PM.
              http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Various/Extra Coil Test

orgonaut314,
                Quote:
                I have one question. Do you guys realy put 300 Volts or more on the primary from the tube driver? Is that not very dangerous? I'm thinking more about making the 6sn7 driver with say a 50 Volts? Perhaps there is a way to make it more save? Thanks!

The 6Sn7 is using 110v Plate voltage as per Eric's schematic - nothing more.

Yes, the spark picture is from the Tesla Hairpin and will put up some other pics of this device in action.
                This is the one where you can be holding the ends of the Lamps and then go dip into a bucket of water without getting zapped - quite an amazing feat also replicated by many others including Karl Parsness.
                This one is also a demonstrator of 'one-wire electricity' as you can string a 40 awg Copper wire into many rooms and see at the end a Neon which glows brightly from only the one wire!
                This wire runs 'cold' but not everyone is that sensitive but you don't have to touch the wire, just sense with the palm of the hand from a short distance.
                A Neon 10 Kv transformer being used here through the spark gap and I did get a zap from that whilst tuning the gap but would not call it a shock.
                Have a 12 kV here but not tried as yet.
                This project was more of a 'can I do it' and yes I did and an important lesson coming from Tesla.
                Same with the Avramenko Plug, good lead up lessons to higher level projects like the CSI.

The circle from the CSI is an unknown and setting up an Oscilloscope is one of my specials as most don't know how to use them as they are becoming a tool of the past.
                These pictures are from the 100Mhz HP 1741A but use a Tektronix 654B whenever there are questions about a particular trace requiring verification.
                No spark gap is being used on the CSI for obvious reasons!

These are the Tests that Eric required we do to understand the setup.
                All I am doing is showing that the Extra Coil peaks at the 2.4457 Mhz frequency which is 1.557 x pi/2 (MULTIPLY) which is the idea of the Test and Eric's Coil does not do this and peaks at about 991.4 Khz and way too low (1.557/(pi/2) = 991.4 Khz (DIVIDE) and the signal is weak and difficult to work with.
                All these results are back at 'n6kph' if you want to study them a little more closely.
                Coil too long and should be shorter and NOT longer as I have demonstrated above.

Yes, quite correct on Page 345 shows the 20 Turns for the Secondary but fails to explain why this was done but does say that it looks as if the secondary was close to resonance and that may be the simple answer.

I tried to do the BOLD 3 times and saved but appears to get lost in the process as I have to refreash the Page before I see my Post again - unaltered from the EDIT.

Smokey

Comment

• Smokey, had to pop in and share some info, the screen shot on the scope of the circles and bridging looks very much like the chaotic attractor of Chua memristor oscillator. link to paper here http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.cGU&cad=rja

I've been off doing research on NDR in plasma and found some very strange results that lead me to believe they are mem-components in one simple circuit. your scope shot looks like the one predicted in the paper.

also check this The Generation, Analysis, and Circuit Implementation of a New Memristor Based Chaotic System : Figure 9

Comment

• Oscilloscope Circle

Hello madhatter,
                    Good to see you are still with us.
                    Not going to even say I understand any of the Math but yes, most certainly does look similar.
                    Will always Post any scope shot that looks different and this one surely did and will attempt to trace back and see if it can't be repeated where I can take down the intimate details.
                    This is one of the problems of doing something outside the box as this is what you get in return but makes you want to understand the why of it all.
                    My view is that the probe is collecting two signals in phase as there is no side ellipse formation like you see in a Lissajou figure with varying frequency.
                    The probe is dangling in mid air with the little coil as pickup and could be from any of Primary/Secondary or Extra but the question is - which one?
                    More on this later.

Been looking at the RMR (Regenerative Magnifying Receiver) and need to place a 10 turn loop of wire around the Primary and will do this tomorrow with insulated hookup wire as being the best option so that it can be easily moved with respect to the Primary for tuning.
                    A lttle mystified here as to what I will hear but is the CSI working in reverse as a Receiver.
                    Hopefully, another first that will work for us all.

Smokey

Comment

• Tesla Transformer Pulse Generator TTPG

Promised to put this up some weeks back with the notation for the -6 volts required for the Grid Bias of the 2050 Thyratron:

This device worked well.

Smokey

Comment

• Regenerative Magnifying Receiver RMR

RMR Update:
                        Coil finished and powered up the unit but nothing in the Headphones.
                        2C22/7193 works well with heaters aglow and HT at 300 volts without problems.
                        Was unable to find a problem with the build and suspect the speaker/phone transformer to be the probable cause and looking for a replacement.
                        Another use for the oscilloscope to track down the problem.
                        Eric in his last video appeared to suggest that this was the most difficult of all and will continue until we have a resolution.
                        Eric is perhaps the best of instructors, gives you about 80% of what is required but you then need to fill in the missing 20% and that is how you learn.
                        You have many questions and don't expect an answer and you finally resolve all by answering your own questions, that's the way it should be if you want to learn.

2C22/7193 has an amplification factor of 20.
                        This is the 4th of his schematics and the last to get working and probably the most challenging as this again, has not been done before.
                        The large Rheostat controls the HT suggesting that there may be some voltage tuning required between the Plate and the regen coil below the Primary that was also made adjustable.
                        On the 'Field Intensity Meter' circuit you will notice his comment at bottom left "Note - Replace Test Oscillator with AM Radio to Receive" and this I should do as a learning step.
                        The other question here is the ground connection where we are receiving in the CSI setup and now in a reverse receive mode may need to be disconnected as I sense this is now a Hertzian receiver and we use the Mains ground instead - questions.
                        I make these Posts as a record of what I need to do and helps me to sort out the questions so I may as well Post as that is what the Master wants us to do.

Have four vintage bell ringer coils coming up on Ebay as I need one with a greater swing on the bell arm for the CRD.

Building the Geiger Counter from a Kit I have had here for some time and covers all of the Alpha, Beta and Gamma radiations.
                        Also bought an RBM Long 1950s unit, built here in Sydney and uses 2 x 1S5s and now have power supplies to use on this unit without the use of batteries that are no longer readily available like the 2 x 45 volt combination required for the HT of 90 volts.
                        Also covers Gamma Radiation.
                        Have Allenite and Urananite here as reference samples as I recall Reich and some of his experiments seemed to be based on insufficient reference recording and how do you discern between Cosmic Radiation (CRD) and that which is a natural degenerative Radiation that the Geiger Counter detects, other than Nuclear?
                        And to top that off, where does the Aether fit in with all of this and is it responsible for the natural elemental decay in radiation?
                        Questions!

It would be really nice if Eric could come in and explain further what the 'Cosmic Ray Detector' project was going to lead up to.
                        Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• that circuit as shown would have the potential between the plates nearly the same. follow the leads from the 25k R, goes right to the cathode plate, the output transformer isn't going to do much with the DC.

the 100ohm makes me wonder if the 1w rating is enough as 250V thru 100ohms is roughly 625W! course the 2c22 will only handle 3.3W so that's not a big issue,not sure of the coils draw though.

I think though the bigger issue is the potentials between the plates and grid again, -10.5V for the grid.

Comment

• RMR Regenerative Magnifying Receiver

Must admit that I do little circuit analysis prior to a build and wait until the device is functioning voltage wise before delving deeply into what must occur and particularly when it doesn't work first off.
                            Here it looks like the Grid is the modulating medium being directly connected to the CSI Primary and the regen is via L1 and the Plate.
                            Very much the reverse of a transmitter.
                            If you go back to Page 21 you will see Eric has Posted from the ARRL Handbook of 1949 (which I also have here) on Regenerative Detectors and on Superheterodyne Receivers and this is a guide to what needs to be organised.
                            Didn't reverse my L1 windings and need to do that but still searching for another speaker transformer.

Currently building/refurbishing the Geiger Counters.
                            Won four Bell Ringer Coils on Ebay yesterday for the CRD and Hendershot.
                            A friend dropped off a HMV 888 Vintage Radio Receiver dating back to about 1953 adding to the GLOM pile (5Y3GT/5V6GT/EBF35/6U7G/6J8G).
                            This Receiver also covers the Short-Wave 16.5 to 51 Metres (5.9 to 18.2 Mhz) Bands and shows how difficult it is to obtain an everyday Receiver that covers the 1600 to 3500 Khz gap where we are working.
                            However this can be easily modified to get down to the 1600 level as I have also bought several piles of the larger IF cans out of early vintage Receivers.
                            Will probably refurbish this one as it is in VG condition and just need a good working Receiver as a reference for Vacuum Tubes.

This is probably the best step for anyone interested in Vacuum Tubes is to buy an old vintage Receiver or Transceiver and refurbish it back into a working condition.

Pictures later on all of this.

Smokey

Comment

• Hendershot Generator Resonator

Hendershot Generator:
                              Have put up some pictures here that covers the Generator and attempts to get it into oscillation, without success using optional 'Resonators':

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ations-23.html

Study of the East/West Magnetic Field is required here before we can proceed is my gut feeling.
                              The schematic needs review - have attempted the Skilling and Aho versions but something we are missing that requires attention.

Arto has some excellent schematics and may begin investigating those as time permits.

Hendershot's Motor may have the clue required as this was his motivation for the Basketweaves and finally preferred the latter for further experiments.
                              His Motor Resonator idea worked well and think I have managed to replicate that without problems but he is using this elusive energy in the East/West Magnetic Field and we need to jump out of the box to understand this unknown phenomena.

In my daily Weather World downloads I see this area of the Equator which is different to the rest of the Latitudes.
                              I have also sailed over this area many times in the Navy and was amazed at the serenity of the Oceans and highlited by the appearance of Flying Fish - Ocean is like a mill-pond.
                              This area is about 10º either side of the Equator and to me, signifies a 'Bloch Wall' as no Typhoons/Cyclones/Hurricanes etc will move into this area and this is what we need to study further - Nature.
                              Rereading what I have written and think that the 'Bloch Wall' appears at about the same distance from the Poles as on an actual Magnet but why?

Smokey

Comment

• Perhaps this video inspires someone. Watch from about 19 minutes to see the inventor (Mohorn) explain his coil system that dehydrates old buildings with gravito magnetics. Meaning that he hypothesises that there is energy coming from above that he catches with a flat spiral coil almost a Tesla coil that evidently must couple electrostatic with this vertical energy. Than he polarises this wave with a normal toroid coil left or right depending on what direction he wants the water to go (rising or falling). Than he makes a sending unit that is producing a spiralling magnetic gravito wave. You have to see to understand. This whole thing is making the watter in the walls go down and makes people feel better and heals some sicknesses.

With regard to the Hendershot. The west east thing is the direction the earth gravito wave is flowing. The up down direction is the sun and other stars/planets direction. So somehow Henderson knew both frequencys to resonate both systems. The vertical should be the same as Mohorns flat coil. HTH.

The invention of Wilhelm Mohorn actually works and he got prices and it is being sold. Am I glad to find someone having succes with this new technology. Clear proven technology that works without an electric connection just on the free energy Tesla was talking about.

Have fun!
                                Wilhelm Mohorn – Aquapol |  GLOBAL BEM VOICES

Comment

Working...
                                X