Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be NO spark gaps applied to the CRI/CSI coils! Ungrounded operation and NO transmit only! The radio station that the coil is built for will NOT like it with spark gaps on the same frequency, nor will any other listeners.

Anyway I don't think Smokey is using a spark gap on it.
    http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
      There should be NO spark gaps applied to the CRI/CSI coils! Ungrounded operation and NO transmit only! The radio station that the coil is built for will NOT like it with spark gaps on the same frequency, nor will any other listeners.

Anyway I don't think Smokey is using a spark gap on it.
      Agreed, but he's talking about a gap on the second pix. He's covering several projects in one post apparently?

Both of those scope pix look like some kind of driven circuit output. The CRI output tuned on a station should have an an unorganized random look to it with a voice/music modulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by cyborg View Post
        Agreed, but he's talking about a gap on the second pix. He's covering several projects in one post apparently?

Both of those scope pix look like some kind of driven circuit output. The CRI output tuned on a station should have an an unorganized random look to it with a voice/music modulation.
        The 2nd pic is his Hairpin circuit.

You could have a point about the radio station signal appearing and/or affecting it. But I don't see why or how the scope should show circular shapes in normal mode, it can't be positive and negative at the same time.

The 6 turn pickup might also be doing something. Does it still happen with a can or straight wire as the pickup?

I've also noticed my scope in DC meter mode with DC coupling always shows the potential to be reversed, somehow the ground plane/earth is the positive while the pickip side is negative. I always measure the potential across a 430 ohm resistor because it approximately matches the resistance of a 100uA meter and keeps the basic arrangement, I never simply hang the probe in mid-air to take measurements. The coil basically always outputs a clean sine wave.

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

The 2nd pic is his Hairpin circuit.

You could have a point about the radio station signal appearing and/or affecting it. But I don't see why or how the scope should show circular shapes in normal mode, it can't be positive and negative at the same time.

The 6 turn pickup might also be doing something. Does it still happen with a can or straight wire as the pickup?

I've also noticed my scope in DC meter mode with DC coupling always shows the potential to be reversed, somehow the ground plane/earth is the positive while the pickip side is negative. I always measure the potential across a 430 ohm resistor because it approximately matches the resistance of a 100uA meter and keeps the basic arrangement, I never simply hang the probe in mid-air to take measurements. The coil basically always outputs a clean sine wave.
          Not sure what a hairpin circuit is, but I think the mystery is in the scope adjustment and/or response. Sometimes a scope will produce confusing patterns if the trigger level isn't set right. Also, it could be that the brightness is not sufficiently high to see some hf oscillation that is in between the high and low of the circular looking pattern. Hard to say what that is without knowing more about the things I asked about.

What kind of scope do you have? Is a PC add-on type? I often use a scope to make DC measurements, so it has to be very accurate. Mine will read out the DC level on the screen. Never had that kind of polarity issue...or the scope would get tossed out!!

Comment

Not sure what a hairpin circuit is, but I think the mystery is in the scope adjustment and/or response. Sometimes a scope will produce confusing patterns if the trigger level isn't set right. Also, it could be that the brightness is not sufficiently high to see some hf oscillation that is in between the high and low of the circular looking pattern. Hard to say what that is without knowing more about the things I asked about.

What kind of scope do you have? Is a PC add-on type? I often use a scope to make DC measurements, so it has to be very accurate. Mine will read out the DC level on the screen. Never had that kind of polarity issue...or the scope would get tossed out!!
            It's a PicoScope, PC based, which has previously been used on jobs for the Ministry Of Defence, British Aerospace, Royal Mint etc, so it's working properly and calibrated. This is also confirmed with any DC measurements. But when measuring the coil output it always shows negative reading between ground/earth and the pickup.

"Hairpin circuit" is the internet name, Tesla referred to it as the stout copper bars experiment.

Tesla Patent 568,180 - Apparatus for Producing Electrical Currents of High Frequency

Tesla Radiant Energy - YouTube
            Last edited by dR-Green; 12-22-2013, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Help is free

Hi David

I wouldn't worry about the small amount of corona losses as the voltage on a primary is generally never high enough to warrant it (usually 3000-30000 volts, ave Tesla coil)

The formula that R Ford uses is pretty accurate (within 5%). I have re-written it for use in meters and Henries.

Ra = Radius Average (mtrs)
              W = Width (mtrs)
              N = number of Turns
              Lp =(Ra^2*N^2)/(Ra*203200+W*279400) Henries

Remember this is an empirical formula that Wheeler and others developed over a set of careful and accurate measurements of coils.

I found the best way is to use this formula and other formula in conjunction with an 2 different inductance meters and a oscilloscope and Volt,Amp and resistance meters

Here is a sample of a spiral flat coil(flat ribbon) I have built and used that is within 1% of measurement

Pri wire len max 17.0217 mtrs 17021.6705 mm
              Pri wire len min 0.9135 mtrs 913.5186 mm
              Pri diam spiral outer 0b 0.5458 mtrs 545.7820 mm
              Pri diam spiral inner 0b 0.2878 mtrs 287.7820 mm
              Pri wire diam 0b(thickness) 0.0030 mtrs 3.0000 mm
              Pri circum outer 1.7146 mtrs 1714.6247 mm
              Pri circum inner 0.9041 mtrs 904.0938 mm
              Pri turns max 13.0000
              Pri turns min 1.0000
              Pri Turns Spacing 0.0075 mtrs 7.5000 mm
              Pri coil height 0.0200 mtrs 20.0000 mm
              Pri Average radius (max) 0.2084 mtrs 208.3910 mm
              Pri Average radius (min) 0.1814 mtrs 181.3910 mm
              Pri width of spiral (max) 0.1290 mtrs 129.0000 mm
              Pri width of spiral (min) 0.0030 mtrs 3.0000 mm
              Inductance of Prim max 0.000093626108 Henries 93.6261 uH
              Inductance of Prim min 0.000000872823 Henries 0.8728 uH
              Inductance required at Freq A 0.000035471949 Henries 35.4719 uH
              Inductance required at Tesla Freq(pi/2) 0.000014376239 Henries 14.3762 uH

Each turn was carefully measured and the formula adjusted

OD Radius Ave mm Width mm Turn Inductance Wire Leng mm
              293.78 181.3910 3.0000 1 0.000000872823 913.5186
              314.78 183.6410 13.5000 2 0.000003283121 1893.0106
              335.78 185.8910 24.0000 3 0.000006992100 2938.4761
              356.78 188.1410 34.5000 4 0.000011831165 4049.9151
              377.78 190.3910 45.0000 5 0.000017678704 5227.3274
              398.78 192.6410 55.5000 6 0.000024445507 6470.7133
              419.78 194.8910 66.0000 7 0.000032065307 7780.0725
              440.78 197.1410 76.5000 8 0.000040488444 9155.4052
              461.78 199.3910 87.0000 9 0.000049677525 10596.7114
              482.78 201.6410 97.5000 10 0.000059604371 12103.9910
              503.78 203.8910 108.0000 11 0.000070247839 13677.2441
              524.78 206.1410 118.5000 12 0.000081592229 15316.4706
              545.78 208.3910 129.0000 13 0.000093626108 17021.6705

There many other formulas(AC only meters) for inductance such as:

L = (volts * time)/ Amps

L = Volts / (Amps * frequency)

L = Watts / (Amps^2 x .5)

I use each type of possible formula to check against, and even create my own, along with an oscilloscope to get the required accuracy that matches my modelling this way you can make reasonable predictions without excessive empirical testing.

This is part of the ART that people like Tesla has given to us from the past. If you want me to model a flat coil for you just let me know as I am only happy to help you on this task. Just fill in as many of the parameters as you can in the first table.

I am very happy to help you David as you have put a lot of work and effort to get some amazing results.

Regards Arto

Comment

It's a PicoScope, PC based, which has previously been used on jobs for the Ministry Of Defence, British Aerospace, Royal Mint etc, so it's working properly and calibrated. This is also confirmed with any DC measurements. But when measuring the coil output it always shows negative reading between ground/earth and the pickup.

"Hairpin circuit" is the internet name, Tesla referred to it as the stout copper bars experiment.

Tesla Patent 568,180 - Apparatus for Producing Electrical Currents of High Frequency

Tesla Radiant Energy - YouTube
                Thanks for the info.
                The first patent is an improved "circuit controller" AKA now- a-days as a "synchronous gap with dwell" used in some more advanced TC designs by modern "coilers". It's definitely more efficient.

The "hairpin" seems to a an inductor/antenna/terminal buss as part of a resonant circuit. Even though it's a short at dc, it will have a reactance at RF frequencies, allowing a potential difference to light lamps,etc.

I wouldn't run one of those too long, as you will be transmitting on somebody's frequency! That device will radiate.

Could you tell me more about where in the circuit you are getting a "negative polarity" with your scope? I may have misunderstood what you meant.

Comment

The "hairpin" seems to a an inductor/antenna/terminal buss as part of a resonant circuit. Even though it's a short at dc, it will have a reactance at RF frequencies, allowing a potential difference to light lamps,etc.
                  There was another video before showing the nodes on the bars, with distance along the bar from the bottom the bulb would get bright, then go off, then get brighter again etc.

Originally posted by cyborg View Post
                  Could you tell me more about where in the circuit you are getting a "negative polarity" with your scope? I may have misunderstood what you meant.

Using the same configuration without the resistor, the diode shows positive reading. But when the capacitance on the pickup side, in this case the PCI card plate, gets beyond a certain size, then it also displays a negative voltage with the diode alone. Adjusting the capacitance (different tuning) across the coil also shifts the diode alone reading from positive to negative.

[edit] Also the ground of the coil/ground plane is actually earthed and not floating.
                  Last edited by dR-Green; 12-22-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• negative readings????

I guess it depends on what you are testing with that setup. Was a particular device that reversed or it it everything doing this?
                    Is the scope and the D.U.T. (device inder test) earthed at the same point?Try earthing the computer case to the test bed as well.

Also, I'm accustomed to probes being very high impedance and preferably low capacitance as possible as not to influence the DUT - ie: "invisible" to the circuit. This is an ideal and not always possible, but something to strive for.

I'm not understanding why you are loading the input with a 430 ohm resistor to simulate a meter. It's sort of defeating the purpose of a High Z input, no?

The diode should shunt everything above -600 mv to ground. Using a diode when measuring DC circuits could possible damage the DUT ( as well as the diode!)and also skew results unless you have a real specific situation.

Are you using probes or direct input?

I'm still confused...

Comment

• Merry Christmas to all you cloud busters and others out there. I found this interesting:
                      Wilhelm Reich's 'Contact With Space'
                      It throws a light on this video from Eric about the Sun. It seems the orgon around the planet and moon is making the stars visible.
                      The TRUTH about the Sun The Sun Is Hollow & Interdimensional - Eric Dollard (Mirror) - YouTube

Reich also explained that people are afraid of the orgon truth of this universe. They dispel the fear with repressive thinking by being overly critical or making jokes and ridiculing. A known psychoanalytical defence system. Don't let it draw you into endless discussions that are only there to dispell the subconscious fear.

The Einstein joke was perhaps the best defense system ever. Einstein not wanting to see how the reality was made up one that caused the dead and blowout in the shipyard. People love his mysticism. Face the truth but do it in small steps.

Marry Christmas and may the star of Bethlehem shine over you
                      I have been delayed somewhat in progressing but getting used to that. It meens I'm on to something.

Comment

• I have one question. Do you guys realy put 300 Volts or more on the primary from the tube driver? Is that not very dangerous? I'm thinking more about making the 6sn7 driver with say a 50 Volts? Perhaps there is a way to make it more save? Thanks!

Comment

I guess it depends on what you are testing with that setup. Was a particular device that reversed or it it everything doing this?
                          Is the scope and the D.U.T. (device inder test) earthed at the same point?Try earthing the computer case to the test bed as well.

Also, I'm accustomed to probes being very high impedance and preferably low capacitance as possible as not to influence the DUT - ie: "invisible" to the circuit. This is an ideal and not always possible, but something to strive for.

I'm not understanding why you are loading the input with a 430 ohm resistor to simulate a meter. It's sort of defeating the purpose of a High Z input, no?

The diode should shunt everything above -600 mv to ground. Using a diode when measuring DC circuits could possible damage the DUT ( as well as the diode!)and also skew results unless you have a real specific situation.

Are you using probes or direct input?

I'm still confused...
                          I was originally using the voltage to calculate the current. Also the current flows through the resistor to ground and I am measuring the voltage cross the resistance. I didn't want floating probes.

The device under test is the resistor/diode, I'm not too worried about damaging them. You can get 50 1N34 diodes from China for about £2. The scope is a little more expensive...

I'm using probes. It doesn't matter anyway, it's just an observation.

One thing I will have to do in future tests, and something for others to keep in mind, is to put a ground plane beneath computers, oscillators, everything. I've been using a laptop so the case isn't earthed as a desktop computer would be, measured voltage changes are clearly noticeable between holding the mouse or not etc, which in turn affects the oscillator output (controlled through USB). The scope has its own/independent ground to prevent ground short circuits through the scope.

Comment

• Originally posted by orgonaut314 View Post
                            I have one question. Do you guys realy put 300 Volts or more on the primary from the tube driver? Is that not very dangerous? I'm thinking more about making the 6sn7 driver with say a 50 Volts? Perhaps there is a way to make it more save? Thanks!
                            Not half as dangerous as using spark gaps. But the same basic safety rules should always apply - don't stick your fingers in places you shouldn't and don't get sloppy and fall in to it etc because you think it's "safer".

Comment

• Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
                              dr-Green and Sputins,

Today I feel like I am in for a cold and I put this down to the beginning of a detox and this is from being near the CSI while it is radiating from the 6SN7 and an MWO type situation - an active MWO.
                              The 'IIC Tubes' device (Iron Inside Copper) gives the same reaction but this is from all of Copper/Iron/Bismuth/Neo Magnets/Crystal Ball and a Mobius Coil, all in and around a long 4' Tube device - a passive MWO.
                              Don't think people quite understand this Lakhovsky MWO type effect and this is why Tesla looked into the Health side as he also saw it as an electrical kick start to the Human form and so too George Van Tassel with the Integratron and why Moray sought the Patent only associated with health as they dismissed his energy solution as it was NOT thermionic.

Feel the Pineal Gland is at work here and this is what has been excited into action and something like the body's computer that needs to be housecleaned where all the detriment can be garbage binned - just an analogy.
                              Perhaps we already have our own mini Integratron courtesy of Eric Dollard?
                              Want to feel enlightened, just build a Dollard CSI and power it up!
                              Lots of indicators here and all meaning lots of work ahead for the electrical experimenter.
                              Others need to respond here as to what they feel as after-effects from working near radiating sources - other than electromagnetic - it's different.

Smokey
                              I had the exact same reaction at first it was like a cold and later on my stomach changed form being painfull to feeling great. Later the chakra below the abdommen became active. I have a history of bad nerves but the strange thing it started with periods of rest and nowadays most of the time I am feeling rest. It might be that the abdomen very much influences the psychic. I combine this simple secundairy coil with vitamines especially B3. I am glad to say that I have a almost normal life again. The last effect I noticed was being very much energised to do things after coil therapy.
                              I think much of the secret is in the materials used to build the coil. I use a pendle to determine if the material is friendly to humans. Mostly organic material are friendly but some other materials are too. Polycarbonate is a right material. PVC not so good. Carbon is a very right material and it can be used for much more things but be carefull with it. You can charge it with yur own energy and if you forget about it the carbon will suck on you when put in a toxic environment.
                              Not so long ago I tried to see my aura and I found it to be yellow. Yelow seems to relate to the abdommen and to the plexus solaris and logic. Hmmmm that makes sense

Comment

Not half as dangerous as using spark gaps. But the same basic safety rules should always apply - don't stick your fingers in places you shouldn't and don't get sloppy and fall in to it etc because you think it's "safer".
                                You are right.

I found a perfect transformer for this from an old tube radio. The transformer is made with peck between the windings. I think it is a killer. I will take the voltage down with a 2 Watt carbon resistor. Behind it is a EZ80 tube for making the dc

I was wondering if our CSI are in fact making a opening to counterspace. I mean the passive Lakhovsky coils might work on the energy from the sun or earth but our active oscillators might open up counterspace? I do have experimental facts that this transformer is much stronger in active state than it is as a passive copper ring.

Comment

Working...
                                X