X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAwson/thyraton.

Where did you get that circuit?

According to the 2050 specs, the grids are held at a voltage before conduction
    shield 100V, trigger 250

That is why it conducts immediately when inserted.
    bias the grids correctly and and you should be good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
      Yes, the schematic shown is low powered. It’s a pre-amp not a power amp.

Sure, there are some pretty powerful modern RF amps, with all the bells and whistles and with the appropriate price tags. You can go ahead and use those if you prefer, you may even have some success.

The Tube circuit is indeed a low power amp designed to take rf in and supply power to an antenna . The plate circuit contains a classic "pi network" for that purpose. The output is controlled by the key (CW transmitter)

I have already built high powered solid state Tesla stuff. They work fine. In fact they have features not found in the tube versions.
      I'm not Eric Dollard, so what do I know?
      A lot has happened since Tesla's time so why not avail ourselves of the advantages?

Comment

• Originally posted by orgonaut314 View Post
        @dR-Green: perhaps you could use insect mesh type of galvanized steel instead of coper plate? Works well with orgon blankets
        McMaster-Carr
        Thanks for the suggestion. That could be a good/the best idea for the receivers, I could even ask some local farmers if I can put some of that in their fields to test all around the area. For the transmitter or main earth point I intend to make a radio station style star radial system using 3 metre lengths of pipe. It won't be practical to do the same for the receiving end.
        http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by cyborg View Post
          I have already built high powered solid state Tesla stuff. They work fine.
          Any designs you can share with us, say 10 and 100-500 watt?

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Capacitance terminal construction

These parts will form the base of the capacitance terminal, adjustable and extendible through use of inline connectors and various lengths of copper pipe etc. Friction holds it all in position.

Comment

• Responses

orgonaut314:
              Thankyou for your comments.
              The cap covers about 1" and the Primaryy was designed to have a 6" overlap of the two turns to fit the cap into.
              Cap is 6x ruffled aluminium plates with polythene damp proof course as the insulator and fills the 1" gap nicely with about 1500pF and the 3 gang variable gives another 1400pF to play with and has solid white nylon outers to keep everything in place.
              Designed ahead with this as I knew I would have to fit a cap in somewhere and securely at that and the overlap gave the required space.
              All in accord with what Eric describes in his notes and I was fortunate in having messed in this area previously with a Don Smith device.
              Will take a close-up of the detail and show the Smith version as well.

cyborg:
              Yes, thanks was aware of that and why I am making up a test bed to find the best solution to the problem but needed to also improve my understanding of Thyratrons, the 2050 in this case with the second shield grid.
              Have worked with the OA4G on the CRD and also have a test bed for that which helped in the understanding.
              Began working on Thyratrons about a year ago as I had a device that was able to charge oil-filled caps rapidly from a flyback, spark gap, bridge rectifier arrangement and discovered that I didn't need a spark but just a plasma event like in an Ion Valve and this I am slowly getting back to.
              The problem was downconversion to useable energy from the caps and the solution to that was using Thyratrons and probably directly through a transformer to give the required AC.
              Hints of OU here as the supply drain dropped to near zero but the caps continued to charge.
              I think if I had been working with Philo T Farnsworth, I would also be sticking to Vacuum Tubes as you are just that much closer to the Plasma events which is one off the Aether and you can remove or sidestep the electrons that are only getting in the way causing heat and resistance as you have so many grids to play with.
              Don't think you can do that successfully with solid state as you require a void of space of vacuum or gas and this is the key as the Aether just loves a vacuum, denied in solid-state.
              I build the test bed models as they may also assist with the TH Moray efforts.

Smokey
              Last edited by David G Dawson; 12-04-2013, 01:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by cyborg View Post
                The Tube circuit is indeed a low power amp designed to take rf in and supply power to an antenna . The plate circuit contains a classic "pi network" for that purpose. The output is controlled by the key (CW transmitter)

I have already built high powered solid state Tesla stuff. They work fine. In fact they have features not found in the tube versions.
                I'm not Eric Dollard, so what do I know?
                A lot has happened since Tesla's time so why not avail ourselves of the advantages?
                Okay yes correct, the posted schematic is for a low powered CW amp with a pi network for an antenna. My purpose is to simply use the 6AG7 as a pre-amp to drive the grids of larger, higher power tubes. The provided links talk about using a low power VFO into a 6AG7 to drive the grids of a 6146B tube.

At work we have many analytical RF plasma instruments that run constantly 24/7. The older ones use 3CX1500D3 tubes (that contain beryllium however) but are very robust. Rarely a tube dies and a replacement is easily installed. The later model instruments use special HV transistors with water cooled heat sinks. It is found that the transistorised models fail more often (quite often) and the replacement HV transistorised module is more expensive and harder install than a tube.

Nevertheless if you want to produce a transistorised driver using MOSFETS, or other HV transistors with the added features then no-one is stopping you. Perhaps you could even share your schematic and experiments. It will most likely be quite popular with some people.

However my intent is to learn about and apply the lost & dying art of vacuum tube technology with regard to ham radio, the CIG & TMT drivers as per the instruction / suggestion of Eric (and others) because that is what Eric is an expert with, it works & is proven by experiment.
                "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Tesla Transformer Pulse Generator

TTPG is now working and just my inexperience with Thyratrons the problem.
                  Found most documentation confusing to read as they appeared to use varying means to fire and grid arrangement was also different.
                  Used a small AC/Regulated DC power supply I made up for bench experiments and attached this to the control grid on pin5 as a negative bias of about -7 volts and then advanced the Variac on the HT and found myself in several steps at 600 volts without problems with the 2050 firing away.
                  At 460 volt HT I recorded 308 volts at the 2050 when firing with bias at - 6.41 volts.
                  Pulse is 200cps at about 4 volts and am not sure what I should be using but will experiment.
                  2050 is very noisy and sounds like a motorboat when active and am sure, would like to take-off.
                  The Power Supply is variable from 1 up to 22 volts DC and excellent for Vacuum Tube bias work or even heaters and on the AC side the transformer is tapped and provides fixed 6/9/12 and 15 volt outputs.
                  Nothing happening at the CSI and need now to look at what is coming out of the pulser into the NET and CSI.
                  Will add this bias notation to the schematic.
                  Happy that I proved the home designed 600 volt HT power Supply worked and all the other bits that went to make up the Pulser.
                  If anybody wants the detail on any of this home-made equipment I am using outside of the main device, please let me know and will pass on.
                  Fun stuff!

Smokey

Comment

• New Eric Dollard Interview 04/12/2013

For all those interested here is a second interview I was able to do with Eric, recorded on the 1st day of December 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAH20X4B99g

Best Wishes,
                    Adam

Comment

• Thanks for posting it Adam.

Also nice work Smokey and thanks for posting all the info and pictures. As you probably know we are all getting involved with "our own" projects so may look like no one is paying attention but personally I think everything will eventually come back around and the work you have done and posted so far will be most useful and appreciated. Eric has mentioned, and mentions again in Adam's latest interview his disappointment that no one is working on the CRD but I will certainly be getting into it in the near future. It's just a matter of doing the foundational work first in order to gain the necessary experience and "feel" for the equipment (coils) before advancing.

On that note the Colorado Springs scale model is working rather well and at the moment has a terminal capacitance on the extra coil which brings the system to exactly the design frequency with minimal adjustments. With around +/-0.7V input to the primary neon bulbs are lighting up and a variety of filament bulbs are working with a single wire/pole. I came in to the house to gather some more bulbs to test before the lowest voltage ones blew but got sidetracked by a cup of tea. I'll conclude this late night lab session by taking some pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                        Thanks for posting it Adam.

Also nice work Smokey and thanks for posting all the info and pictures. As you probably know we are all getting involved with "our own" projects so may look like no one is paying attention but personally I think everything will eventually come back around and the work you have done and posted so far will be most useful and appreciated. Eric has mentioned, and mentions again in Adam's latest interview his disappointment that no one is working on the CRD but I will certainly be getting into it in the near future. It's just a matter of doing the foundational work first in order to gain the necessary experience and "feel" for the equipment (coils) before advancing.

On that note the Colorado Springs scale model is working rather well and at the moment has a terminal capacitance on the extra coil which brings the system to exactly the design frequency with minimal adjustments. With around +/-0.7V input to the primary neon bulbs are lighting up and a variety of filament bulbs are working with a single wire/pole. I came in to the house to gather some more bulbs to test before the lowest voltage ones blew but got sidetracked by a cup of tea. I'll conclude this late night lab session by taking some pictures.
                        I have not yet had the chance to listen to Adam’s new interview yet but at the first chance this evening I will. (Then back to the workbench too).

I have recently bought a NOS RCA 0A4G tube and intend to look into the CRD a little further down the road. As far as it is known, David Dawson built the first one from the given schematic, so perhaps he should start a new thread in the Dollard section where the basic circuits, tube data and attempted CRD builds can be posted all together.

Funny enough only two days ago I was chatting to a friend who was talking about Cosmic Rays and how they could be detected or utilised and such. It was fortunate that I could then turn around offer him the Dollard schematic of the CRD & the forum link. Not that I could explain the circuit to him very well but he seemed interested in it and took it home to study.
                        "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• 28V bulb between secondary coil ground and earth

28V bulb between coil ground and me

28V bulb between coil ground and me again (different bulb but same rating, bulb in previous image taken straight out of the box so has no wires attached)

Possibly #472 lamp (will have to check) between secondary coil ground and earth

4x 1.5V grain of rice/grain of wheat bulbs in series between secondary coil ground and earth. Note all bulbs in the series are of equal brightness

4x 1.5 bulbs as above, neon bulb lit at top of capacitance terminal

Neon bulb lit at top of capacitance terminal

8 watt fluorescent tube around the extra coil

Neon bulb at top of capacitance terminal with me holding the other wire

Neon bulb at top of secondary coil/bottom of extra coil with me holding the other wire

1.5V grain of rice/grain of wheat bulb between top of extra coil and bottom of capacitance terminal

1.5V bulb as above with view of the whole coil and terminal

Notes: Only the 28V bulb would work with me holding the other terminal and not requiring a connection to earth. All other bulbs tested need to be connected to earth in order to light, although not too much time was spent investigating the matter.

Of other bulbs tested in series (higher power so not lit as brightly as the 1.5V bulbs) it would SEEM to be the case that the bulb nearest to earth is the brightest, the opposite to what one might expect. This may be due to small differences in the bulbs, but 2 different types of bulbs were tested and to the naked eye both appeared to exhibit the same effect which would make said differences highly unlikely or a fortunate coincidence. No further tests were done on the matter.
                          Last edited by dR-Green; 12-05-2013, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• Eric's Situation

Hello Adam,
                            Not bad for a musician!
                            Thankyou for the audio and allows us a better perception into the problems that Eric is currently encountering.
                            So the promised Lab is no more and believe it terminates at the end of the year.
                            How do we help?

Is Mark McKay a holding area for Eric's GLOM?

Thankyou for the plug with respect the CRD as that is ongoing and I only stopped because of all the interference happening and had no idea of where that was taking us all plus I was short of HV caps for the Tests.
                            Working with the CRD Test 1 and 2 now and had to collect more high KV capacitors and these are difficult to obtain cheaply and as Eric said, has to be done on Ebay and simply takes time and it does cost.
                            Buying new locally was out of the question and have picked up anything that has been offered on Ebay and now have a good value range.
                            Even went to Russia for Teflons and the Ukraine for doorknobs as these two sources are the best for new at a reasonable price.
                            Mention of the 'Tesla Cosmic Rays' and '50 times the speed of light' certainly adds flavour to the CRD project and will continue here to a conclusion and will assist others that may follow.
                            I/we appreciate the work that Eric has put into these projects but it is the outside interference that mars the entire organisation and nobody feels secure and are hurting for Eric's salvation.

I repeat - how do we help?

Smokey

Comment

• Originally posted by 7redorbs View Post
                              For all those interested here is a second interview I was able to do with Eric, recorded on the 1st day of December 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAH20X4B99g

Best Wishes,
                              Adam
                              Thanks, for putting that up.

So far about 22min in. wanted to post about the topic of counter-space. It's about as confusing as QM, not saying that they are related but it's...wait for it....counter-intuitive

the inverse relationship is merely a mental construct to try and grasp and higher dimensional plane. counter-space is the next dimension above our 3d one. it's where the e-field originates if you will, well we measure it as a field in our 3d space.

There is a fair amount of algebra needed, beyond that... it gets difficult as then falsifiability is needed.

time is a construct for a specific frame of reference, doesn't matter if we are dealing with SR,GR etc.. once you pick an origin the time is based on that origin, the trick becomes relating that to another origin not within your frame. once we step beyond our 3d world and into N-dimensions time is still a construct but we need to keep in mind the frame of reference, if the origin is in an Nth D how do we transform that into our 3D world? what we measure as quantum tunneling for example is merely the electron traveling in it's origin dimension.

the current manipulation of the electron is purely within our 3d plane, as such there are inefficiencies and abnormal behavior. If we could manipulate the e-field in it's origin then we'd be masters of the universe, since we can not exist outside our own 3d space we then need to get a better grasp on how to excite or manipulate the e-field better, long prose short, that requires peeking behind the curtain.

so back to the experimentation here, the work of Tesla and Farnsworth for example was the research on how to get the e-field in it's own dimensional plane to exhibit a charge imbalance in our 3d plane. FTL is possible when this is done within counter-space, pulse the field in counter-space then our 3d space rules are irrelevant.

Comment

• Just heard the interview you did Adam.

Something that hit me was eric's comment about the Neutral in the grid no longer being a real neutral. I have personally, physically experienced this during grounding experiments. I tried earthing through the neutral(my place uses plastic pipes so the neutral is the only ground i have available). The first night i did feel better and body voltage dropped but the longer I continued to use it the weirder i felt. I became convinced simply by the way i felt that there were transients in my grounding system. I also noticed that my ability to intuitively tell time exactly, had changed(i became aware that I could now tell time to the second with uncanny accuracy,meaning my body's rhythm had changed). What convinced me of this was putting my RF freq. meter on my body as I laid on a neutral connected steel mesh. I was getting straight up 60cps and harmonics.

My meter's response time is not good enough for most transients(it's a little handheld unit) but I have no doubt that they are there also. I noticed, for what it's worth that the steel mesh i was using as a grounding pad was acting as an antenna, picking up all the RF in my environment from wifi to AM and beyond, when I was laying on that thing i became an oscillator for all that stuff

When I discovered this, I stopped all grounding experiments immediately, and I no longer felt so weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X