This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Electrical Experimenter

Wish to express my gratitude in having a resource as this Forum which, to me, represents Layne Meade's BSRF (Borderlands Science Research Foundation) which in reality, no longer exists apart from the dissemination of stored data, ongoing slowly but surely.
    Will be getting back to the CSI/CRI, CRD, RMR and TTPG shortly.
    (Crystal Set/Radio Incentive, Cosmic Ray Detector, Regenerative Magnifying Receiver and Tesla Transformer Pulse Generator)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hendershot Generator:
    Have finished the construction including the home-made capacitors (7800pF) which work well and are able to be tuned and currently working on his 'Resonator' using bell-ringer coils and iron bar/magnet as this is the unknown (mine - at least) and investigating optional means of generating the 'buzz'.
    However, can see this as an ongoing project that does not, at this stage, show promise and will be putting aside as one that we can get back to as we develop new ideas and incentives.
    Eric is probably correct in these types of projects as deviations away from the real focus but have learnt a great deal as is usual with any challenge and the time was not wasted while your end was sorting itself out.
    Two phenomena were experienced with this device as follows:
    1. 11,000 volts AC detected in a loose connection where a spark/arc/plasma event occurred and this was an option attempt at the 'resonator' using a 4 volt split-reed multivibrator.
    See what can happen in a 'Disruptive Discharge' or 'Impulse Discharge' event?
    2. Ferro Resonance or NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) achieved at the bellringer coils with iron bar across their faces where some 220 volts AC was developed through two identical opposed bifilar coils placed over the bell ringer types.
    See bottom left corner.
    This is a Meyer-Mace type event and worthy of further study and was actually my very first OU attempt some 7 years ago.

Michel Meyer -- isotope transmutation electric generator

Aaron, Eric,
    Many thanks for the latest video as you express reality there in a different manner and was able to extract much information and particularly with respect to the CSI/CRI, CRD and RMR Tube devices which we have built waiting operation.
    Scalar now makes more sense and is the 'there' thing and not the 'here' thing if that makes any sense.
    Understand more now on the Tube projects and will be getting those powered up.
    Eric's effort in this direction was most appreciated and will not be lost.

John Polakowski,
    Cudos to you John for your excellent devotion and focus to a project and succeeding with the CIG.
    Waiting now to see results of this device in operation - again.

Eric was talking about a HF receiver he would like and would guess that this would need to get down to 1860 hertz for the Telluric experiments.
    The HF one I have here is a Transceiver Yaesu FT-901D and this gets down to 1600hertz and the reason why I purchased as most start at 3mhz.
    However, this is 50/50 modular solid state and Tubes (2 x 6146B) but is a beautiful machine.
    Full Tube machines here are hard to come by.

GLOM:
    Picked up a 1350 hertz Philamon Tuning Fork and several Delay Lines (DL) (4 by Admiral and 2 by AD-YU, 12 position with fine tune) which nobody else wanted and these are a lesson in pulse design but not able to glean much information from the NET on the DLs and would like to know their construction.
    If anybody here can assist in schematic recognition it would be greatly appreciated.
    Have also secured a NOS 12 volt split-reed multivibrator (OAK/MSP AV5948R) for the PP-18/AR and now have all the bits to build but later on that one.

Top: Multivibrator (MV) 6v Non-Synch, MV 4v Split-Reed which gave the 11kV spark, MV 12v Split-Reed for PP-18/AR, MV 32v Van Ruytken 50 hertz'.
    Bottom: Hendershot Cavity Resonator with magnet, brass with coping saw blade attached (soldered) as the 'resonator', old power drill laminated body with a 24awg full coil inside and two magnets with South in.
    This from his Patent Application and more a proof of concept device.
    Crystal Set that was a disappointment as Eric's and my twin 1N34 probe does a much better job without coils nor variable capacitors and is good for both TEM and LMD.
    Was looking for a 'front end' for Moray and a new one at the bench.

If a Magnet is a Force device and contains no energy then it may be able to be used as a detector as shown in the experiment above.
    This was an attempt at another resonator but any oscillation eventually died down.
    If an outside and unseen Force is at work then this with a light line of UV detectors could be used to chart any phenomena.
    Is this another candidate for detecting Earthquakes or Cosmic events and will probably be an easy sensor build that can be charted on a Computer?
    Beauty of this simple device is that one moving small magnet has influence over the others and reminds me of the Chinese 'Zhang Heng Seismograph' which could detect an Earthquake before the event and also show from which direction it would come from.

The use of moral mechanisms for prevention of cataclysmic earthquakes (in English)

Those of you here still Posting and working at the bench, your efforts have not been ignored and most appreciated.
    All the best with your experiments.

Smokey
    Last edited by David G Dawson; 11-28-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• AWE Aetheric Weather Engineering

Trevor James Constable:
      This Post is dedicated to the rainmaking work of TJ Constable and supports his observations and development of tools that are able to produce rain and this from a sky clear of clouds and in a matter of only a few hours.
      We have been in a serious Nation wide Drought in Oz which began early in the year for those Inland and in the northern Monsoon areas.
      Coastal dry began in July and my normal tools did little to change the scene and as a consequence made a total review of the devices and how they should be operated.
      Those in the South had a very wet and windy Winter with record rain and probably also wind.
      The Climate Change & Global Warming & Carbon Tax people just love these Droughts to support their unfounded theories but those of us working above the navel understand the reality of the situation.

Realisation came to me that my rate of operation was way too high and needed to slow the pace down to a gentle caress of the atmosphere.
      I already had 3 geared motors and put these to work at 1 and 2 rpm and built a further 'Termite' unit and now have 5 - two 'pHi Triggers' of different size who work rapidly at 60 and 120 rpm and 3 slow Termite/Skimmers.

60º and 135º Cones in 'Termites' - DC motors are 2 speed rear window wiper and allow rpm down to <1.

I had been rotating the 'David Wells Machine' during the month with directional tests but am still not confident that I had made any changes to the DOR but this is an unknown and time will tell as the pulse output is Scalar in nature and may take time to materialise into this dimension.
      This may be termed a 'Counterspace Device' - listen to Eric Dollard and Aaron Murakami and what Eric is saying about the Aether and Scalar (NO WAVE) in their latest video, I will also confirm through my working with the Aether:

https://www.facebook.com/ericpdollard

On the 7th of November, all 5 devices were rotated and monitored for a 14 hour period and then stored.
      These devices do not have to be out in the open but can work from the bowels of a ship some 6 decks down and below the waterline as TJ Constable easily proved with an ellipse 'Spider' device.
      Previous to this was a week of stop start running where I was adjusting the devices as I had problems with some stopping at the low revs, problem is now resolved.
      I have always been disappointed in my ability to make it rain locally but that may now be a thing of the past as long awaited rain began falling on the 9th and is ongoing.
      I do not always expect an immediate response as my climate is not labile (liable to change) and have allowed events time to mature in their own space.
      At the 28th of November I have 232mm in the gauge with an average of 83.9mm for November and an observation that I appeared to receive much more than those some 500 meters away with one storm cell hovering overhead and letting loose.
      The fact that I also have a 'Lee Crock Rainmaker' deployed might also assist in that area.
      It would appear that the caressing of the Atmosphere began here from Source and spread sideways such that the entire 3rd of the Eastern Continent is now back to a regular rainfall.
      I continue to eliminate coincidence as a part of the equation as the Aether only needs a drastic caress to initiate a change.
      I am most fortunate as I sit in the middle division of the area between temperate and subtropical.
      We are now just seeing the beginning of Inland rain where it is needed the most and the Monsoon appears to be in an early full swing with one backwards and weak Cyclone already at work in the worst affected area.

Two 'pHi Triggers' that run at 60 and 120 rpm.
      All Cones are being replaced with Aluminium as initially all I had was Iron and that is Aetheric neutral.

A Drought is Male, a High pressure system, hot and dry.
      A Wet is Female, a Low pressure system, cool and moist.
      Appears that the Aetheric atmosphere just loves the Female gentle caressing touch and immediately responds with rain (the smell of Jesus Christ) and then you also begin to wonder why the Female has always been supressed - just an understanding developed over time.
      Is the mothering of the Aether the catalyst that allows this change to occur - like a Mother & Child bonding relationship (contractive), ever so much stronger than a Male (expansive) one could ever be?
      So there you have it, vortexes in the air and my 'Concious Intent' riding on the vortex.

Rains have been of a record intensity in some areas but there is also a content of damage and this has been recorded with massive hailstones and alley winds that have been tornadic in nature but also brief.
      We need the rain to survive and history will show that the damaging negatives are always there but the positives will always win.

This unfortunately is a result of a Storm that passed through on Monday 25th, an 80' (24m) Blackbutt Eucalyptus tree which was blown out of the open soggy ground by an extreme wind - no vortex here, just brute frontal force and with no damage to property.
      This is some 500 meters from our property - all I heard was a roar from the other side of my protective barrier of mass trees supporting one another.
      Amazed at the sudden change from dry to wet and it was just so easy to do, like throwing a switch.
      Thankyou TJ Constable and fellow workers and to Layne Meade and BSRF for making the information available in the public place.
      Caution required here as this all requires much work and thought and has taken me some 13 years to do so, as ALL the required information is not readily available and a bit like a Patent - you are required to do some of the work yourself and he will work WITH you if you ask him to.
      Remember, he doesn't work FOR you (Walter & Lao Russell).
      In deep appreciation.

Smokey

Comment

• was thinking it would be nice to have some theoretical examples of changing inductance/capacitance parameters, and which direction is an amplification...

(snip from eric dollard's book 4quad theory)
        dollard-power-amp.jpg

Re hendershot; the russian replication is just a couple layers of wire on stout iron cores; I made mine with a lot of turns (thousands) of 28GA wire; figuring a lot of inductance would be better; but I think this needs lower resistance. With my iron bar/magnet it only triggers less than a volt even with so many turns..

hard to know what was meant when someone describes things as common to their time as if it's always going to be that way

Comment

• Maybe I did learn something

so, different parts of the circuit can have different levels of power.....

https://code.google.com/p/c-system-a...RoyerSimulator link on page (falstad simulator)

This link shows 5.8mW input and two loads with 1.72W output 180 degrees out of phase... but it's spuratic... maybe the sum under the curves is equal? I don' think so....

it claims 5.8mW input and w loads with 1.79W output... thats like 1:308 ratio... and I don't think that it's only like 1/4 frequency not 1 in 308... this does resemble what I have on my bench; although better tuned....

Circuit Simulator Applet

Comment

• Pulsing &amp; Radar &amp; TTPG &amp; CSI etc

Review from the work of Professor Dollard:
            'EricPDollard' Page 21 Post 612 'Pulse Generators etc'.
            Magic words like:
            loaded condenser
            Impulse
            It is a transmission network in a counter spatial form
            The Guillemin Line is a loaded dielectric network
            The "Type A" line can be considered a longitudinal magento transmission line. This is important. (me - LMD)

From the video - a 'disruptive discharge', example is a spark gap that exceeds its ability to hold the stored charge and fires over to the other terminal.
            Delay Lines and what they are used for and a basic understanding of Radar which is now unfortunately, in the hands of the few:

https://archive.org/details/IntroductionToRadarSystems

Chapter 9 for Delay Lines and why different pulse rates are required to reduce noise and why the AD-YU has 12 positions and a variable to boot.
            Can I use the AD-YU for reverse use in a pulse transmitter, possibly and about to find out on very low power as I need to know how it is constructed but the caps and coils will be very much voltage limited (I have two)?

When you read Eric's material, you neeed a highliter to uplift the words that make what he is saying just that much different from the regular material as I have done above.
            When you come back later and read, all you need to do is look at the highlites.

Review:
            MIT Chapter 5 Pulse_Generators:

http://www.febo.com/pages/docs/RadLa...Generators.pdf

Guillemin's Theory Page - 189
            'Type A' - Page 201 Fig 6-22

I am reviewing Eric's notes and need now to rebuild my pulse network (NET) as I originally built a 'Fig 6-28' on Page 205 and now need to go back and adjust spacing at the ends as I have now read the instructions.
            Eric may like to comment here after his statement above that the 'Type A' as being the ONLY one to use?
            Will probably do both as a confirmation as I previously did not have the suitable bits.

Fired up the TTPG (Tesla Transformer Pulse Generator - 5R4GWB and 2050) into the CSI today after sorting out some power problems and can hear the 180 hertz drive at the Thyratron and can see a violet glow but HT drops to the 40s and not sure why.
            I have 180 to 360 and 100 to 200 hertz here in notation as Driver frequency and not sure where that came from and will review my notes.
            Pulse is square wave positive going 5v from Wavetek.
            HT is good, 470 volts from transformer x 1.414 x 2 from doubler = 1329 volts - checked this without 2050 in place up to 600 volts and looks good.
            Variac for HT transformer and a seperate transformer for heaters.
            Had to use two sided tape to hold the secondary turns in place as they had dropped in several instances - would pay to turn the dowels 180º as they would be bent under pressure after time.
            If this happens, the signal disappears and mine went from a 5 to about a 1 and this shows the importance of correct spacing.
            Good to see that comforting glow again!

Did a check on the Yaesu at 1860 hertz but found nothing - interesting having the aerial connected to the CSI ground - expecting somebody to be there calling!
            Somebody has a 1 second pulse buzz going at 1810 hertz.

Will put the RMR (Regenerative Magnifying Receiver) on line also as this was waiting for me to sort out power supplies.
            You mentioned some complex issues in this area and would be good to sort that out now.
            CRD (Cosmic Ray Detector) will put back on line and monitor and still have some checks to complete for that.
            Your video on all these issues helped greatly as it answered some of my questions as to the operating principles.

Looking to the future as I believe these will all light up if I can get the TTPG working and probably every Vacuum Tube in the same room as that is where they are all stored, 1,000s plus.
            Thought you said there was no free lunch here?
            3", 4" and 51/2" lamps all NOS - the large has a large amount of metal floating inside and not sure of its purpose.

Smokey

Comment

• David G Dawson/hendershot Gen

quote "However, can see this as an ongoing project that does not, at this stage, show promise and will be putting aside as one that we can get back to as we develop new ideas and incentives.
              Eric is probably correct in these types of projects as deviations away from the real focus but have learnt a great deal as is usual with any challenge and the time was not wasted while your end was sorting itself out."

You sir are certainly a prolific builder, but I guess the real lesson learned was:
              a) Choose your projects wisely
              b) Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

There was never any way on God's green earth that Hendershot device could have or ever will work! You just about cursed at me when I tried to warn you, but you forged ahead and learned the hard way. Now you know the truth.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the Tesla and pulse network stuff, but at least we can all agree that stuff actually will do "something".
              You can spot and zero beat the TC carrier with the radio's BFO if it has the variable type. The fixed tone type is usually set at 700 hz for cw on the Yaesu radios.

Are you building these things for fun or are you doing a specific experiment?

Personally, I'm anxious to see someone build some version of the Alexanderson antenna system and teleport something to the receiving station as per Eric Dollard...
              Any takers?

Comment

• Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
                Trevor James Constable:
                This Post is dedicated to the rainmaking work of TJ Constable and supports his observations and development of tools that are able to produce rain and this from a sky clear of clouds and in a matter of only a few hours.
                We have been in a serious Nation wide Drought in Oz which began early in the year for those Inland and in the northern Monsoon areas.
                Coastal dry began in July and my normal tools did little to change the scene and as a consequence made a total review of the devices and how they should be operated.
                Those in the South had a very wet and windy Winter with record rain and probably also wind.
                The Climate Change & Global Warming & Carbon Tax people just love these Droughts to support their unfounded theories but those of us working above the navel understand the reality of the situation.

Realisation came to me that my rate of operation was way too high and needed to slow the pace down to a gentle caress of the atmosphere.
                I already had 3 geared motors and put these to work at 1 and 2 rpm and built a further 'Termite' unit and now have 5 - two 'pHi Triggers' of different size who work rapidly at 60 and 120 rpm and 3 slow Termite/Skimmers.

60º and 135º Cones in 'Termites' - DC motors are 2 speed rear window wiper and allow rpm down to <1.

I had been rotating the 'David Wells Machine' during the month with directional tests but am still not confident that I had made any changes to the DOR but this is an unknown and time will tell as the pulse output is Scalar in nature and may take time to materialise into this dimension.
                This may be termed a 'Counterspace Device' - listen to Eric Dollard and Aaron Murakami and what Eric is saying about the Aether and Scalar (NO WAVE) in their latest video, I will also confirm through my working with the Aether:

https://www.facebook.com/ericpdollard

On the 7th of November, all 5 devices were rotated and monitored for a 14 hour period and then stored.
                These devices do not have to be out in the open but can work from the bowels of a ship some 6 decks down and below the waterline as TJ Constable easily proved with an ellipse 'Spider' device.
                Previous to this was a week of stop start running where I was adjusting the devices as I had problems with some stopping at the low revs, problem is now resolved.
                I have always been disappointed in my ability to make it rain locally but that may now be a thing of the past as long awaited rain began falling on the 9th and is ongoing.
                I do not always expect an immediate response as my climate is not labile (liable to change) and have allowed events time to mature in their own space.
                At the 28th of November I have 232mm in the gauge with an average of 83.9mm for November and an observation that I appeared to receive much more than those some 500 meters away with one storm cell hovering overhead and letting loose.
                The fact that I also have a 'Lee Crock Rainmaker' deployed might also assist in that area.
                It would appear that the caressing of the Atmosphere began here from Source and spread sideways such that the entire 3rd of the Eastern Continent is now back to a regular rainfall.
                I continue to eliminate coincidence as a part of the equation as the Aether only needs a drastic caress to initiate a change.
                I am most fortunate as I sit in the middle division of the area between temperate and subtropical.
                We are now just seeing the beginning of Inland rain where it is needed the most and the Monsoon appears to be in an early full swing with one backwards and weak Cyclone already at work in the worst affected area.

Two 'pHi Triggers' that run at 60 and 120 rpm.
                All Cones are being replaced with Aluminium as initially all I had was Iron and that is Aetheric neutral.

A Drought is Male, a High pressure system, hot and dry.
                A Wet is Female, a Low pressure system, cool and moist.
                Appears that the Aetheric atmosphere just loves the Female gentle caressing touch and immediately responds with rain (the smell of Jesus Christ) and then you also begin to wonder why the Female has always been supressed - just an understanding developed over time.
                Is the mothering of the Aether the catalyst that allows this change to occur - like a Mother & Child bonding relationship (contractive), ever so much stronger than a Male (expansive) one could ever be?
                So there you have it, vortexes in the air and my 'Concious Intent' riding on the vortex.

Rains have been of a record intensity in some areas but there is also a content of damage and this has been recorded with massive hailstones and alley winds that have been tornadic in nature but also brief.
                We need the rain to survive and history will show that the damaging negatives are always there but the positives will always win.

This unfortunately is a result of a Storm that passed through on Monday 25th, an 80' (24m) Blackbutt Eucalyptus tree which was blown out of the open soggy ground by an extreme wind - no vortex here, just brute frontal force and with no damage to property.
                This is some 500 meters from our property - all I heard was a roar from the other side of my protective barrier of mass trees supporting one another.
                Amazed at the sudden change from dry to wet and it was just so easy to do, like throwing a switch.
                Thankyou TJ Constable and fellow workers and to Layne Meade and BSRF for making the information available in the public place.
                Caution required here as this all requires much work and thought and has taken me some 13 years to do so, as ALL the required information is not readily available and a bit like a Patent - you are required to do some of the work yourself and he will work WITH you if you ask him to.
                Remember, he doesn't work FOR you (Walter & Lao Russell).
                In deep appreciation.

Smokey
                Sent you a PM about this stuff

It's VERY interesting that you say(and I assume that means that you have some data to back this up) that Iron is Neutral and Aluminum is not. I have not ventured far from Reich's original material specifications for my Orgone atmosphere devices. I have done this because I have to directly interact with my machines to interact with the weather, and since he found aluminum to eventually lead to DOR conditions inside the ORAC I figured, for now I would stick to steel devices for my own health.

After talking, for a few hours, with David Wells a several months ago I was able to correlate Viktor Grebennekov's Cavernous Structures Effect, and the Orgone energy effects of Reich. Carbon is my detector of choice when just using my hands to find this energy. Viktor's experiments are Orgone experiments.

With that functional discovery I've started investigating the possibility of Fractal, multi-cellular cloudbusters(ala cavernous structures effect), using natural materials, not just man made ones.

Have you looked into Pier Luigi Ighina? His cloudbuster used an in ground orgone battery made of 2-3mm aluminum machining chips; 700kg's of them, which was actively powered by a device which marconi built for him, which he called a magnetic monopole generator(i've posted a schematic previously). Anyway, I'm a huge fan of what you're doing down there with these devices, I'm glad someone has taken it upon themselves to put these devices to good use.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post

"...men substitute words for reality and then they talk about the words." - Edwin Howard Armstrong
                  "We take words for ideas and mere ideas for truths. We give force of personality to coincidental properties. Language is the mother of metaphysical abstractions and poetic deceptions. From all this have come the imaginary beings, ghosts, genies, demons, gods, and the rest. With help of a surfeit of words -- of which the largest portion present poorly defined and weak ideas -- we connect, as in music, chords of modulation together. And we do this in so many cases without positive or actual results." -- F. A. Mesmer (rough translation)

Comment

• Tube Circuits.

Obviously anyone looking into Eric’s work and wants build practical devices really needs to learn the art of HAM RADIO. This is what I have been trying to do for quite a while now, but there is still much to learn.

My single ended 160 metre transmitter and power supply nears completion and prelim testing. The larger push-pull version is under design and G.L.O.Materials are being collected and is partly assembled.

For those wanting to use small output VFO’s digital or otherwise, generally the tube to use as a pre-amp in order to drive larger tubes (Like 807’s in my case) the 6AG7 is a good tube to pick for this task. Also the 6CL6 is a similar tube (same tube in different package). For extra-large tubes (1KW and beyond) an intermediate tubes may be necessary.

I found this site which not only shows the schematic, but explains the schematic so you can understand the components and operation of circuit. (For those who might be new to tube circuits - For those under 40 years)!

I wish I had found this site in the beginning as it would have made my task much simpler:

The AA8V 6AG7 Amplifier - Why Use A 6AG7?
                    The AA8V 6AG7 Amplifier - Schematic Diagrams and Circuit Descriptions

Like Eric has said, "It’s not that there's is a big difference between tubes and transistors, [in the application of] but it’s the tube circuits that are different"..

@David Dawson, thanks for the pictures of your experiments!! -Great stuff! My pics to come when I have something working correctly.

Sputins
                    "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Just wondering ...

Why are you guys building low power circuits with tubes are are ancient, even by tube tech standards?

Besides, why not use solid state? An equivalent solid state circuit would fit in the palm of your hand...power supply and all!

Tubes are still used in Ham radio linears, but even those are not as popular as they once were either. The new solid state ones have fold back, broadband coverage and automatic tuning, which is a vast improvement over the tube types.

If you want to learn about the current state of amateur radio, take a look at ARRL.org...it ain't your grandpa's wireless no more.

Don't get me wrong, tubes are interesting and can probably survive an EMP better, but they are very primitive and bulky by today's standards.
                      I have old ham radios, some dating back to the 30's, but only for demo and display purposes but I don't build new projects with tubes.
                      I was wondering why anyone would want to.

Comment

• Deep Breath, stay calm.

Originally posted by cyborg View Post
                        Why are you guys building low power circuits with tubes are are ancient, even by tube tech standards?

Besides, why not use solid state? An equivalent solid state circuit would fit in the palm of your hand...power supply and all!

Tubes are still used in Ham radio linears, but even those are not as popular as they once were either. The new solid state ones have fold back, broadband coverage and automatic tuning, which is a vast improvement over the tube types.

If you want to learn about the current state of amateur radio, take a look at ARRL.org...it ain't your grandpa's wireless no more.

Don't get me wrong, tubes are interesting and can probably survive an EMP better, but they are very primitive and bulky by today's standards.
                        I have old ham radios, some dating back to the 30's, but only for demo and display purposes but I don't build new projects with tubes.
                        I was wondering why anyone would want to.
                        Yes, the schematic shown is low powered. It’s a pre-amp not a power amp.

Why use tubes? Because Eric says so. No solid state allowed. Read his postings.

Sure, there are some pretty powerful modern RF amps, with all the bells and whistles and with the appropriate price tags. You can go ahead and use those if you prefer, you may even have some success.

However in order to call it an Eric Dollard-like replication, one must use RF Vacuum Tubes. Of a certain era even better.
                        "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                          Very nice! Particularly the new twin 160 metre band TMT coils..

The nut and bolt fittings I would assume are 316 stainless steel, in order to be non-magnetic? Would Brass fittings have slightly better conductivity?
                          Seems like they are slightly adjustable for various coupling arrangements if need be.
                          Thanks Sputins. Actually I hadn't considered the material of the bolts until you mentioned it. They are magnetic and is the only kind the local DIY store stocks, I'd have to order anything else online. The thing works anyway so I won't change anything in the meantime, but I'll probably upgrade to brass at some point in the future. It will be interesting to see if there are any observable differences. Next on the agenda is Operation Earthpoint, I need to acquire around £300 worth of copper to bury in the garden.
                          http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Tesla Transformer Pulse Generator &amp; CSI

TTPG:
                            Unable to get the TTPG to perform as indicated and all I get is a 'THUNK' out of the 2050 Thyratron with a violet glow and looks as if it wants to take off.
                            Would have liked to have heard a 'TING' but that didn't happen.

Admit to not being too familiar with working with Thyratrons especially with a Shield grid that in most cases is wired back to the Cathode.
                            Have made some circuit changes but to no avail and now going to set up a test bed to assist.
                            HT is good but disappears as soon as 2050 is loaded into its socket and all I get is about 40 volts and there is no output on the NET discharge line.
                            Found a good site from Hewlett Packard that has many vintage schematics and found 2050s in use with a 335B FM Modulation and Monitor Meter and also shows a 5R4 in the power supply:

Home

Nothing wrong with Eric's schematic and is installed without error but just my lacking in the understanding.
                            Actually using a HP3311A sig gen for the pulse or the Wavetek 191 and the Oscilloscope is a HP 1471A - you use what you can get within reason.
                            The Tektronix 564B is a little too heavy to move around and is an anchor for the bench.
                            HP are very good schematic wise with voltages listed and all the required detail added.
                            Typical is voltage reduction from +460 volts down to +280 via a 5,000 ohm resistor at 20 WATTS - nice radiator!
                            Now you know what they were used for.
                            About the only thing I ever disliked about Tubes was the waste of energy via resistors to achieve a particular voltage but always nice in a cold climate.

Sputins:
                            Thanks for the Post and URLs and agree wrt the 6AG7 as they were an early addition to my Tubes want list.
                            Excellent description and what a Filter Choke is used for.
                            Take note of the 5Y3GT or 5R4GYB and where the HT is being extracted from - the centre tap of the filaments!
                            The same above in my 335B schematic and I did a double take on that and then it dawned on me that they are also the Cathodes.
                            This now explains why the vintage transformers have a CT 5 volt filament supply.
                            5Y3/5R4 are double diodes, that simple and may be what my problem is above.
                            Wish you well with your projects.

Took this shot in the middle of the messing around to show the latest setup and what is required:

Smokey

Comment

• @Sputins: thanks for the tube explanation, helps me further I now understand the supply. I need to make 100V out of 500V or so think I can just use a resistor for that? In solid state we had all these voltage stabilizers fro a decent dc. Guess that is not needed with tubes?

@Dawson: the weather generator is incredible and an example of what the technology in the future will be like! Looking at the Tesla primary coil I was wondering how you connected the backside of the primary to the capacitors?

@dR-Green: perhaps you could use insect mesh type of galvanized steel instead of coper plate? Works well with orgon blankets
                              McMaster-Carr

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                                Yes, the schematic shown is low powered. It’s a pre-amp not a power amp.

Why use tubes? Because Eric says so. No solid state allowed. Read his postings.

Sure, there are some pretty powerful modern RF amps, with all the bells and whistles and with the appropriate price tags. You can go ahead and use those if you prefer, you may even have some success.

However in order to call it an Eric Dollard-like replication, one must use RF Vacuum Tubes. Of a certain era even better.
                                Tesla didn't use vacuum tubes. By that tenant, Dollard isn't doing a "true replication" either. Hey, if following Dollard is the most important thing, then more power to ya.

I'm just saying that there are better ways accomplish the same thing.
                                My theory is that Dollard despises solid state for no reason other than he doesn't understand it.

Comment

Working...
                                X