X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post
    Here I am seeing the same old mind virus entering the organism again -
    "Tesla Transmission is EM Radiation" but Tesla says otherwise. I guess Tesla was stupid, well is he?

(Note that a common frequency is 1860 KC, the one hundredth harmonic of Alexanderson's setup in Bolinas - KET)

Also, like a coyote, you cannot "cage" the unit, it must have a capacitance to outer space, not Earthly surfaces. I think Dr. Green shows this.

As a side note, my laboratory organization is being hi-jacked by Giant Negros From Mars, but I am trying to set it back on it's B.T. L. course. Wish Me Luck!

Mind Virus???

Without the very high voltage electrostatics at the top cap and VLF, all that is left is EM, IMO. That's why the "beach demo" was EM radio.
    Tesla was rather specific on this. ( I read his works and patents, not just internet dogma)
    Just because something looks like a Tesla coil, doesn't mean that it is operating as intended.
    Yes, a rx/tx pair would need to be "uncaged" to work...or would they if they work on the aether rather than EM?

I am looking forward to seeing the elusive longitudinal mode in operation.

Good luck with the "martians"

Comment

• Jimm,

Thanks for the informative reply!

You can actually eliminate the "primary" altogether and drive the extra coil with the balun directly called "base loading". Tesla used air core couplings with a k factor as high as 0.6 on his primary/secondary with excellent results. We can do a lot better with modern ferrites. You have to match the impedance of the secondary to the characteristic impedance of the coil at resonance for best results.
      You can also drive the extra coil with just the "hot wire" of a high dV/dt source, such as an impulse coil or Guillemin line.

Using a balun does NOT contain all of the "voodoo" of the system, only in the balun torroid itself, the extra coil will radiate.
      I suggest that you build a Faraday cage from chicken wire and Earth ground it to reduce or eliminate radio interference.
      I agree that the coils on the other side of the balun will still radiate--not much a balun can do for that, my original reason to use the balun was to minimize the transmission line's stray radiation, from the RF source to the driving point, due to common mode currents appearing on the unbalanced line.

A sphere, plate or torrid, etc., in space with no nearby conductor to terminate the capacitor is referred to as an isotropic capacitor .
      Awesome, I didn't know that's what they were called. Everything on the topic I've come across reefers to isolated conductor surfaces as "self-capacitance" ("mutual-capacitance" is then described as the charge shared between two or more surfaces) or "free-space capacitance", which is rather confusing when people use the same terms for other situations and meanings.

Without the very high voltage electrostatics at the top cap and VLF, all that is left is EM, IMO. That's why the "beach demo" was EM radio.
      I think the point of the telluric system is "ground current", the "beach demo" was to show that this mode of RF reception is possible. However I could be wrong. The main modes of RF reception require either line of sight for direct transmission or through a system of refractions/reflections off of the various layers of the atmosphere and physical features of the earth. Also there are "ground waves" as well, which propagate close to the surface of the Earth ,not to be confused with the telluric earth currents. Subsequently, modern RF reception is due to "air waves" not telluric coupling through the earth "medium", which is what Eric is attempting to show. If you feel I'm misguided, feel free to call me out.

Also, I think the terminal capacitance, as dR Green has pointed out, is to contain the RF energy at the open end and assist in pushing RF current into the ground connection. Although I could be wrong here as well.
      Last edited by garrettm4; 07-08-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimm View Post
        Dr. Green,

It's great to have diagrams to accompany an explanation!
        It all looked pretty good for a basic test setup. The weakest link is the generator used. The diagram does not indicate a frequency counter, so I assume that your measurements relied solely on the dial calibration of the signal generator? It could be off...

I have used similar methods, but also use square wave "ringing" tests with resistive coupling rather than capacitive. The wave form is monitored with an oscilloscope using 17pf probes that are clipped over the insulation of the coil or lain close to the coil, further minimizing capacitive loading.
        That's Eric's diagram for the general test setup. Personally I'm using a DDS signal generator with frequency display.

Do you know the wire length of your coil? Calculate propagation velocity from that, not L and C.

Originally posted by jimm View Post
        I agree with you. ( attenuation by the inverse of distance squared).
        Yes but I'm not talking about the distance between the "antennas" as you say. I mean the distance between the earth terminals.

You said:

E.D's demo on the beach was just the reception of an RF carrier. The tone was produced by the radio's BFO. It's just a radio hooked up to a novel tuned antenna, nothing special. At that distance a coil of wire and a ground would have had the same result.
        By your thinking, why would it matter whether I have the earth terminals 20cm apart, or 100cm apart? What difference would it make?

However , E.D. claims that the Tesla systems (EricAnderson too!) were nearly lossless and instantaneous. His demo failed to show that. It was just EM radio 101 with the well known losses, otherwise he would have lit the bulbs on the beach.
        I have never seen a demo where lossless instantaneous transmission has been accomplished, although I would like to. Lots of talk about telluric this, dielectric that, etc, but nobody to my knowledge, has made it work to date.

I'm on the fence about whether this is promoted by snake oil salesmen to get money donations,sell books, etc. or if there MIGHT be something to it.
        I believe it was Tesla who claimed 98% or so efficiency of his own system.

I don't see what lighting bulbs on the beach has to do with it? If you can receive a signal, then just increase the power and a bulb will work, the principle is the same.

If you have coils then you should be able to do it and see it all yourself. Any old coil will work to demonstrate the basic principle, it's the basis upon which the whole thing works so it's not an elusive thing to discover. Apparently it doesn't need VLF or millions of volts, this was done using a very experimental arrangement with a 2N2222 transistor amplifier and not even a heatsync.

Tesla Wireless Telluric Transmission Test-01 - In The Snow - YouTube

The other holes in the ground are a result of testing various distances and observing the difference in the receiver output. A very curious effect if one is under the impression that the energy is going through the air...

What were you trying to do with your coil?
        Testing and gathering data on a small scale before getting bigger with specific applications.
        http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
          Do you know the wire length of your coil? Calculate propagation velocity from that, not L and C.
          I have notes, but my interest was only recently rekindled, so find them and let you know.

Yes but I'm not talking about the distance between the "antennas" as you say. I mean the distance between the earth terminals.
          Earth terminals, top caps, whatever. where there is one, you must have the other, right? According to Tesla, POWER should be able to be transmitted through the earth and "rarefied air" over "great distances" ( hunreds, or even thousands of miles with very little loss). He also had a plan for "denser media" such as at Wardenclyfe. Read the patents, it's all there.

When Tesla spoke of power, he was referring to something like the being able to light a small bulb on the beach to demonstrate WATTS in the Tesla receiver rather than micro watts or maybe picowatts.
          The whole concept was that the TRANSMITTER powers the remote RECEIVER. No CW radio should be required. In fact even a watt output would have fried the radio's front end.

Have you watched the video in question?

Tesla wanted to transmit INDUSTRIAL QUANTITIES power without wires. Certainly a scale model could be made to muster a watt or two.

I believe it was Tesla who claimed 98% or so efficiency of his own system.

I don't see what lighting bulbs on the beach has to do with it? If you can receive a signal, then just increase the power and a bulb will work, the principle is the same.

If you have coils then you should be able to do it and see it all yourself. Any old coil will work to demonstrate the basic principle, it's the basis upon which the whole thing works so it's not an elusive thing to discover. Apparently it doesn't need VLF or millions of volts, this was done using a very experimental arrangement with a 2N2222 transistor amplifier and not even a heatsync.
          Yes it was Tesla. That's who's system we are talking about , right?
          Getting an RF signal from point A to point B with massive losses is Marconi EM radio.

You are not going to transmit much of anything with a 2n2222. Yes there will be an EM, but Tesla coils are not very good EM radiators. It's Not how they were intended to work!

Comment

• Proper scientific proceedure

Dr Green:

Just took a look at the URL Tesla Wireless Telluric Transmission Test-01 - In The Snow - YouTube

The Transmitter and receiver were too close> there is a very good possibility of mutual induction, not to discount the ground currents, but it could have been done in way that better exemplifies the effect.

Here's a challenge:
            Tesla transmitter on one end of a football field and the receiver on the other.
            pump in a 100 watts. See how much power can be retrieved at the Tesla receiver.

Lighting bulbs, running motors, watt meters etc would be proof positive of POWER transfer. Anything less is well....yaaaawn.... ZZZZZZZZ.
            Been there, done that, with all of the other stuff...

Comment

The whole concept was that the TRANSMITTER powers the remote RECEIVER. No CW radio should be required.
              Like Smokey said earlier:

Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
              What is coming together on my bench is a radio receiver that uses the 1N34s and will power a 2" speaker without the use of batteries.
              For a general view of the arrangement (in short the transmitter and receiver are connected through a bucket of garden soil):

Tesla Wireless Transmission Of Signal And Power Through Bucket - YouTube

After some upgrades and with a test receiver:

TMT With New Circuit Prototype Test Run-03 - YouTube

Not shown on video after the circuit upgrades was using the flat spiral coil as a receiver with 2x 2" 70W speakers and 8" 150W subwoofer load, although obviously not at full power because I'm not even using that much power anyway. Everything is powered remotely, from the transmitter. Signal or no signal, speaker or light bulb.

It doesn't make sense to me that you are complaining that microwatts (or mW or whatever) works, when it should be watts? If it works with a few mW then it will certainly work with watts of input power.

You are not going to transmit much of anything with a 2n2222. Yes there will be an EM, but Tesla coils are not very good EM radiators. It's Not how they were intended to work!
              I didn't expect to, it was a very simple experiment not intended to transmit huge amounts of power over vast distances. Just enough to test.

I'm not claiming that the thing is radiating EM, you have been saying that, and disputing the idea of Telluric transmission.

The Transmitter and receiver were too close> there is a very good possibility of mutual induction
              Except there's not, which is proven by the fact that the coils aren't moved, and the LEDs are on when there is 20cm between the earth rods, and the LEDs are off when there is 100cm between the earth rods. Equally the receiver earth rod can be pushed deeper or shallower and the output varied like using a dimmer, observable in real time on the bench. So as far as I'm concerned absolutely not mutual induction. That's not shown on any video but that's how it is nonetheless.

Here's a challenge:
              Tesla transmitter on one end of a football field and the receiver on the other.
              pump in a 100 watts. See how much power can be retrieved at the Tesla receiver.
              There will be tests coming, but it's also not that simple because apart from the coils you'd need a good ground connection to expect any kind of efficient transmission. You can't just stick a rod in the ground and be done with it.
              Last edited by dR-Green; 07-08-2013, 11:40 PM.
              http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• EM vs LMD

Just a word again on the probe detector using the Germanium 1N34s.
                This probe has the ability to detect EM by CONTACT and LMD by NO CONTACT.
                Use this probe head to determine what you are transmitting either EM or LMD.
                Have you made one yet as a part of your tool kit?
                You need the high impedance headphones as well of 2,000 to 3,000 ohms.
                Polish Dr Jan Pajek would be most inspired.

Will put up the schematic for the 1N34 receiver but deciding initially to build as a Crystal Set to ensure it works on a local EM station and then play with coils for best Cosmic reception without using batteries as I am sure Moray would have done:

High-Power Crystal Radio

These are the days of basket-weave type coils on insulators with ferrites down the middle and able to be tuned.
                I have just received another box full from Ebay and another on auction.
                This is where the photocell also comes into use as a front end receiver that can be used as a passive amplifier, detector and rectifier.

Of interest is the 90º placement of coils in this passive receiver which denotes to me something other than an EM energy is being utilised here and is an Aetheric amplifying component.

Show me a transistor that can display plasma?

Still working on powering up the CSI and adding a meter into the circuit. - had to review the size of transformer I was using.

Smokey

Comment

• Active builders

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've posted, about anything really.
                  Aside from all the drama and gissip being flung around lately.. I've been taking some time to go through all the old Dollard threads (about half way through), reading up on tuning coils, etc.. trying to avoid some of the math.. I managed to get my HAM basic license here in Finland a few months back, OH3EID, and I've been putting together some wood forms to start messing with coil tuning. I'm interested more in radio communications currently, not necissarily the transmission of power.
                  I'm just curious if anyone is still actively experimenting with anything? And if we can possibly steer the discussion back to the experimentation before this thread gets flooded with irrelevant issues? (Not to downplay the problems arising, but I'm sure Aaron, Eric, and everyone else involved can handle thier business.)

Thanks,

Marcel

Comment

I have notes, but my interest was only recently rekindled, so find them and let you know.

Earth terminals, top caps, whatever. where there is one, you must have the other, right? According to Tesla, POWER should be able to be transmitted through the earth and "rarefied air" over "great distances" ( hunreds, or even thousands of miles with very little loss). He also had a plan for "denser media" such as at Wardenclyfe. Read the patents, it's all there.

When Tesla spoke of power, he was referring to something like the being able to light a small bulb on the beach to demonstrate WATTS in the Tesla receiver rather than micro watts or maybe picowatts.
                    The whole concept was that the TRANSMITTER powers the remote RECEIVER. No CW radio should be required. In fact even a watt output would have fried the radio's front end.

Have you watched the video in question?

Tesla wanted to transmit INDUSTRIAL QUANTITIES power without wires. Certainly a scale model could be made to muster a watt or two.

Yes it was Tesla. That's who's system we are talking about , right?
                    Getting an RF signal from point A to point B with massive losses is Marconi EM radio.

Yes, I found that a 12 volt Tesla coil emissions could be picked up on a car
                    radio from kilometers away. And my small Tesla coil can pick up the radio
                    ground connected or not. Tesla talks of signals and power transmission when
                    he speaks of power he means many Watts, the beach video showed a signal
                    and even I could do that.

Tesla also said that the planet needed to be thrown into resonance to see
                    the low loss power transmissions. It cannot be done on the small scale.

Tesla also said that for the wireless transmission of power a simple high rate
                    of transformation would be more practical or even necessary. The high
                    resonant rise is mainly for the transmission of signals with low input power.

From memory Eric admitted through Dave that there is not actually energy
                    propagating at Faster than light speed. The energy simply takes a short cut
                    and does not follow the entire length of the wire.

Tesla also says that the net propagation velocity in his whole Earth system is
                    that of light.

Without throwing the entire planet into resonance the attenuation will be high.

He intended the wavelength of the power transmissions to be long and
                    preferably 1/4 WL should be the diameter of the planet and not just
                    calculated but tuned to be correct. That's what tuned circuit means.

Trying to get power transmissions with low losses without resonating the
                    entire planet is not what Tesla intended.

If the entire planet is resonating then there will be a potential difference
                    between two points everywhere on earth dependent on the potential of the
                    system, but the full potential will cover the entire planet diameter if the
                    diameter corresponds to a 1/4 WL, that is why a 1/4 WL receiver is needed
                    so that the 1/4 WL can extend from the ground to the top of the receiver
                    oscillator, that way the full potential of the 1/4 WL can be utilized by the receiver.

Similarly Tesla says it would work with odd harmonics as well but it must be
                    tuned in practice, physically no matter what WL is used.

The higher the frequency used the higher the EM radiations and any Mhz coil
                    will make a good radiator.

To test this properly a powerful oscillator would need to be built capable of
                    using millions of volts and working at preferably less than 35 Khz, but less
                    than 5000 Hz would be a good frequency range to use.

However it should be remembered that if the setup was to send out spurious
                    radiations or ground currents during tuning a lot of other peoples sensitive
                    electrical equipment could be destroyed and houses set on fire maybe due to
                    house grounds and induced currents in wiring systems that correspond in
                    length to a harmonic.

No one will see any success in low loss power transmissions unless a full sized
                    system can be built. And it would not be allowed to operate. In my opinion.

Single wire Earth return power transmission systems show that the Earth can
                    be used as a conductor with low loss when low frequencies are used.

About Single Wire Earth Return systems I read a quote from somewhere that
                    in the current path there can exist a potential difference of 20 volts per foot
                    or meter in SWER systems, if you are in the correct location it could be
                    tapped but that is stealing. IF the potential difference on the ground becomes
                    to much livestock on four legs can be electrocuted the same way the energy
                    propagates from a lightning ground strike creating a potential difference on
                    the ground which is the killer of stock because the legs are over a meter apart.

SWER systems use effectively half of the conductor material that a two wire
                    transmission system uses, but many countries don't even use that. Even
                    though the conductor costs for long transmissions is halved. Go figure.
                    SWER is a ready to go and proven method, it is used here and NZ as well as
                    some other places.

Imagine a Tesla system producing 300 volts per meter potential difference.

That would send the horses crazy running around but may not kill them due to
                    high resistance contact with the Earth.

Tesla pumped a lot of energy into the Colorado coil. Nothing happened for free.

Has anyone actually thought this through to the end ?

Cheers

P.S. Even electric stock fences use the ground as a return conductor over
                    long distances, as in kilometers. They work just fine try one and see.

I think the best people can hope for is communications strength signals.

Miracles wont happen.

Side note: I think if the extra coil and the secondary are wound opposite
                    directions the loose coupling between secondary and extra coil would be
                    assured, I think it would result in no coupling between them.

Last edited by Farmhand; 07-11-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Selfless Scientist

Happy Birthday Prof. Tesla.

Comment

• Glom

I will tell you what the problem is as Eric stated in the video (excellent, Thanks) he is missing the GLOM that he needs to build the 'Cosmic Induction Generator'.
                        Being in the game for some 11 years and full time I am still trying to buy suitable bits that I may require for projects.
                        He was basically pleading for assistance in this area and I could sense the hopelessness in his voice as he no longer had a reliable source of supply as he had with RCA.
                        Here we are going back in a time machine to the 30/40/50/60s to gleam this gear and it is not an easy task after most of it gets trashed into a skip bin.

Can we please have a list of what he requires as he mentions some in the video but he needs more as I can tell from his frustration.
                        Working at the bench and using this gear needs a special resource and frustration is much a part of the game as I also know too well.

GLOM is actually a 'General List Of Material' and BOM in the automotive business is a 'Bill Of Material' and the airlines and ships use a 'Manifest'.
                        He cannot build the CIG with solid-state and he wants desperately to get back to 'the electrical experimenter' stage.
                        Can we help?
                        Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
                          he wants desperately to get back to 'the electrical experimenter' stage.
                          Can we help?
                          Thanks.

Smokey
                          In my youth, I had a boss/mentor that taught me a valuable lesson that applies here and for Eric’s sake and also for everyone else involved; I beg you to simply read this and then I will disappear into the woods again to care for my land, garden, and chickens. Much easier than keeping coyotes, I assure you.

One of my first jobs was working at a polyethylene plastics factory. I ran a compressor that transferred plastic pellets from huge silos and blew them into railroad cars for shipment. The second in command below my boss was known for practical jokes and I believe he changed what I had set up and when I switched my system on, nothing came out. When I checked, the silo valve was open and plastic was pouring out onto the ground. Thousand of pounds of Food Grade plastic for Tupperware reduced to scrap.

Because of the environment I was raised in, I thought my boss was going to kill me. Imagine my surprise when he, without even a hint of anger or disapproval, gave me this life changing philosophical treatise.
                          Accidents happen all the time. Assigning blame is a waste of time. The only thing that is important is finding out what happened and exactly how and why it happened and then using that information to make sure it doesn’t happen again. It changed my life and as well, if you have a brain; it should also impact your life and thinking.

I see pages of hot-headed, venomous, youthful immaturity. To what end? Fix the problems!

Whose guilty, whose to blame? Doesn’t matter. Eric is unhappy. Everyone should strive to make him happy right? Isn’t this about him? Isn’t it? If it isn’t then you are in wrong place and on the wrong thread.
                          Watching the ZeroFossilFuel video, I got the following impressions and I am not aware of the facts and perhaps I am drawing a conlusion here but didn’t I hear something about Eric having to install 11 miles of wire on poles in the desert? That is had to be done first because it was already paid for? Is that what the Indiegogo campaign was based on???? I am almost sixty and as healthy as a lifestyle I have, my body is racked with pain sometimes after working on a project. There is no way anyone can expect Eric Dollard to be climbing countless poles in Death Valley stringing wires. Who ridiculous idea was that?

See what I mean? Who cares who’s idea it was….fix it. Eliminate that horrible picture from Eric’s mind!
                          Find volunteers where Eric can supervise only or eliminate the project completely. The whole spirit of Indiegogo seems to have been compromised already according to some, so changing to an easier, fun project is not going to make donors unhappy. They donated to help Eric after all!

He shouldn’t be burdened to think like that. A genius only creates what he wants to create. He has to be happy to be creative! I know, my inventive mind shuts down if I am burdened by anything heavy looming in my future. When I lay down at night, everything in my life has to be in order for me to lay there in blissful contemplation and creativity.

Eliminate that issue. I don’t care how you do it, just do it. Eric needs to be completely free to do what Eric wants to do….PERIOD! Feed the Coyote or change channels….get it?

Ask someone for help. A completely independent third party with known integrity and values like EWizard, DrGreen, Smokey, or even ZeroFossilFuels. Someone who will maintain contact with Eric and make sure he is happy. Someone who could care less about making money from Eric’s work. Someone who will be transparent with the world at large and clean house without the drama and without assassinating the character of every single person concerned. Someone with the maturity to find the source of the problem and eliminate it once and for all instead of “giving rope” or “waiting for people to fall into a trap” or attaching horrible labels like "nefarious" onto multiple well meaning people. That sort of thing never solved a single problem.

Men sit down and have rational discussions to solve issues. Punks yell, scream, and accuse. So don’t be a punk…mmmmmmkay. Stop defending your position. Stop stroking your ego. Stop choking on false pride. Stop the aggression. Stop blathering on and on. Just stop!
                          Your only thought should be how can I help make Eric Dollard’s life a dream land of inspiration and hope. Then make it so!

Leave me alone, I got chickens to tend to.

Comment

• I have a question

Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
                            I will tell you what the problem is as Eric stated in the video (excellent, Thanks) he is missing the GLOM that he needs to build the 'Cosmic Induction Generator'.
                            Being in the game for some 11 years and full time I am still trying to buy suitable bits that I may require for projects.
                            He was basically pleading for assistance in this area and I could sense the hopelessness in his voice as he no longer had a reliable source of supply as he had with RCA.
                            Here we are going back in a time machine to the 30/40/50/60s to gleam this gear and it is not an easy task after most of it gets trashed into a skip bin.

GLOM is actually a 'General List Of Material' and BOM in the automotive business is a 'Bill Of Material' and the airlines and ships use a 'Manifest'.
                            He cannot build the CIG with solid-state and he wants desperately to get back to 'the electrical experimenter' stage.
                            Can we help?
                            Thanks.

Smokey
                            I hope I get an answer. A few posts ago, I suggested that you ditch the 0A4G and use the solid state components that I suggested which would work a whole lot better. The idea was ignored.
                            Why does it HAVE TO BE ANTIQUE TECHNOLOGY?

Also, those phototubes will be very hard to find. Why not make your own collectors by concocting some kind of coating on a copper surface.

This supposed to be about innovation, SO INNOVATE!

Geeez, if people wre sending me "money for nothin' and my chicks for free", I know that I'd find a way...

Comment

I hope I get an answer. A few posts ago, I suggested that you ditch the 0A4G and use the solid state components that I suggested which would work a whole lot better. The idea was ignored.
                              Why does it HAVE TO BE ANTIQUE TECHNOLOGY?

Also, those phototubes will be very hard to find. Why not make your own collectors by concocting some kind of coating on a copper surface.

This supposed to be about innovation, SO INNOVATE!

Geeez, if people wre sending me "money for nothin' and my chicks for free", I know that I'd find a way...
                              Simply because innovation brings allong new variables. More variables means more problems or chalanges if you will. Anyho':

Replicate and innovate or to complete different things. If people could seperate this, the success rate of REPLICATION will become higher.

In other words, stick to the plan. Don't be a wise guy.
                              Last edited by SlickDick; 07-11-2013, 06:38 PM.
                              All the best,

Slick

Comment

Stick to the plan to obtain unobtainable parts?
                                Any good plan has a backup plan.
                                It sounds like the plan is to make excuses.
                                There is No reason that solid state cannot be used in place of the OG4, none!

Yes, the collectors might take a week or two to figure out, but that beats doing nothing. A first year chem student could do it.

BTW, are you with the EPD lab?
                                from a purely functional operation, your right, solid state could be used. however that's not the effort here and would sidestep the fundamental operation of tubes. Tubes are not yesterday tech tossed aside an no longer in use, matter of fact patents to this day are still being issued and heavy research in plasma and electrostatics continues where only a tube will do.

even more recent is a move back to tubes, nano vacuum tubes.

solid state discrete digital signalling will be a problem with high potential electrostatics and radiation fields.

there are still Co's that mfg tubes, mostly military contract but they exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X