X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jpolakow View Post
    Gentlemen,

I hate to interrupt the excellent discussion but I had to add a few updates.

First of all the thread is definitely not dead, I have been working quietly for some time with the parameter variation via the magamp and have quite a bit of material to post as far as that is concerned. I will do that sometime in the coming weeks. Somewhat recently I have switched my focus to a replication of Eric's Cosmic Induction Generator, and have been spending all of my time working with Eric on that. Eric is building a large 5 KW version, and I am building a scaled down 1 KW version. After completion, information will be forthcoming on how to replicate.

I recently spent a week with Eric at his new lab facility and have some new material to add. First he gave me some new ideas to try with the Cosmic Ray Detector, to post on the forum, I will add that sometime in the next week. Also some of Eric's previously un-released writings have just resurfaced. Eric asked me to scan and upload this material. There are quite a few pages, so they will be in the following posts.

Eric is in pretty good spirits thanks to the help of everyone who donated to the indiegogo campaign. Things are moving forward and I'm sure some great things will come from Eric having a place to work. The lab isn't entirely setup yet, but we are getting there. All good things take time.

Also for anyone attending the upcoming conference in June, Eric said you can prepare for his presentation by studying the following things:
    1) His "QuadraPolar Resonance" posts already published on this forum
    2) "The Imaginary of Algebra" by Alexander MacFarlane
    3) Complex Numbers and their relation to the expression of an electric wave. Some great material for this is the work of Steinmetz. From "Alternating Current Phenomena" read Chapter V "Symbolic Method".

The following posts give a great comparison of the TEM wave vs. the LMD wave. Please don't let the posts interrupt your discussion, I wanted to release the material.
    i am so jealous you are in direct contact with Eric! WOW that must be great.
    All info you have is priceless, thanks for the update, Is Eric going to crack the Kapanadze as well ? i imagine it would be an improvement given that... its Eric !

looking forward to more updates and yes, we need to hurry to help Eric... and record it... Time is Wasting everybody
    In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
    In the expert's mind there are few.
    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post
      jpolakow,

Thanks for the post of resurfaced TEM/LMD/etc. ladder network appendices.

Any thoughts on the maximum current or saturating current rating to shoot for when selecting the 40mHy inductors for the network example on page (12)?
      Which network are you referring to?
      Please help support my indiegogo campaign: Cosmic Induction Generator

Comment

• Figure 8 or 9.

Last edited by Geometric_Algebra; 05-24-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• I hope I've done this right. Tuks was gracious and kind to give me some space on his site/server to upload some papers and documents members here may find useful.

Directory contents of /doc/

I'll forewarn that they are heavy on the mathematics, but still understandable if one has grasps algebra and trig, helps to have some calculus in there too.

though they may seem somewhat disconnected from each other, they are all connected via the ES wave and the phenomenons associated to it.

I have loads more, mostly bigger files but will await Tuks response on space. I was teased with more information coming in from Eric, hopefully that shows up soon.

Comment

• d3x0r LMD expierment; tell me I've missed something

I have one of these; well, similar. I'm using 9nf (0.009) caps and 3.74mh coils. My frequency for each cell is approximately 42Khz.

If I attach 2, then there is a harmonic frequency immediately. I want to say 2x. Because there is 1/2 capacitance immediately.

Using my magnetometer on my phone I see no significant field, but all my coils are air core not ferrite.

1 coil is as good as 4 or 6, or connecting at the 4th in a chain of 6. The frequencies change. I get for 14V input at 42Khz, about 150V (lights a 75V neon and 58 1.4V LEDs). And this voltage difference happens anywhere there is a break in the line. If you short the end, you can break it at the middle or the segment one after the signal input and get the voltage.

Also I'm driving now with a square wave, which is of course a sum of a lot of harmoics anway, so it should work well to drive the composite 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6 ( or -1/2, -1, 1, 1/2, 1/3 ) frequencies that are given by the capacitors.

I wanted to think it was going to be progressive so each pool would drive at say 4V input, and get 40V output, which is given to the next segment which gets 160V, which is given to the next segment.... but really the whole thing seems to reach a level and go up and down in phase. The voltage potential between either of the rails (in LMD mode) is about the same....

More LMD status - YouTube
            LMD Experiment ala KdKinen/Eric Dollard - YouTube

(btw it's pronounced decker (deh-kur), which makes my youtube name (3zdayz) Easy-Days )

Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post
            Figure 8 or 9.

Comment

• I also was thinking maybe it's how I have it connected to drive....

This is basically how I have it connected now....

This is how I think maybe I should connect it?

The first, in idle state, is in a positive potential, and is filled by current from ground when the transistor opens. Otherwise, a ground potential is the idle condition of the coil, and is drained of ground when the transitor opens; however, the second way makes for a shifting ground, which will mess up the conductivity from gate to emitter?

Comment

• Pulse Forming Network/Guillemin/LMD

John,
                Thanks for the upload of Eric's data but took me days to wake up like 'till now.
                This is information relating to Eric's Borderlands video explaining the TFM and LMD and also JF Naudin's similar tests.

What is of significance here is the similarity of the Guillemin PFN I have just built using 73 mH inductors with .091 uF capacitors in a line of 5 and is similar to the TEM construction in a Type E.
                I have 25 of these coils which only need to be reduced in wire length as they currently read 120mH and another project added to the books but when it gets done is another question.
                Or I can leave as is and just revise the parameters as Eric has provided all of the related Math.

The JL Naudin data had some wierd readings which didn't make sense as I expected the gains to be somewhat linear but they were erratic and suggested some fine tuning was required but this may refer to a true Guillemin line which does not necessarily use the same values for inductors and capacitors.
                This was my reasoning and needed to investigate and thus the interest.

Eric notes at the second last page that the "funds for this project has expired" but what would be a continuation of that experiment if it were to be built as I already have the bits at hand and is it worth doing?
                What results would he be expecting and is there a possibility of more 'out' than 'in', in the LMD case (Type F - Page 201) and is there an advantage to all of this by using advancing sizes of inductance and capacitance as per the illustrated Guillemin line in Fig 6-22?
                Did Guillemin know that he had something very different in the Type F LMD configuration?

Good to hear some more information on the Cosmic Ray Detector is upcoming.
                Unfortunately have not been in the Lab of late and have not had the device running as it is not yet connected to a full time monitor and had some modifications to improve.
                Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• Originally posted by d3x0r View Post
                  I also was thinking maybe it's how I have it connected to drive....

This is basically how I have it connected now....

This is how I think maybe I should connect it?

The first, in idle state, is in a positive potential, and is filled by current from ground when the transistor opens. Otherwise, a ground potential is the idle condition of the coil, and is drained of ground when the transitor opens; however, the second way makes for a shifting ground, which will mess up the conductivity from gate to emitter?

Had to isolate the ground connection, and the connection to the transistor, otherwise I got bad signal. Even then I got poor signal through the array; I added a connection to positive opposite the ground and it works better. It oscillates at 357Khz now, but not with a lot of power. The pulse generator set at shorted pulse width, or the signal is worse....

wondering if I can improve behavior with the same diodes limiting the positive flow in the normal configuration.... it seems to work well without unlike the ground biased scheme... diodes don't really matter on the positive driven mode...

Wish I understood why it looks like there's a rise just before the pulse generator pulses... for like 10us before, the output has a rising signal at the tail of it's ringdown
                  Last edited by d3x0r; 05-26-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• LMD Ground Driven - YouTube

The signal down the line isn't very powerful, but I did notice these strange waves... they really seem to come from nowhere....

LMD Waves 1.jpg

Comment

• Click to edit

LMD Mystery Pulses Test 4 - YouTube

I thought maybe that the oscillation of the emitter possibly biased it to the gate which caused it to conduct, but that turned out not to be the case, and the bias between emitter and gate is 0 during the time of oscillation.

They also appear differently on different scopes (different probes?)

I updated the schematic to include equivalent circuits for the probes that are attached in-circuit (or nearly in circuit). But I don't think they explain the oscillation. I was also moving probes, and wondered what would happen if I rebiased the ground to real ground, and ended up shorting ground to the emitter, thereby bypassing the bridge rectifiers and the coil, but still I get an oscillation in the coil.

... So I went looking for what sort of thing makes waves chirp... I remembered something from one of dollard's videos about the math that is per sec^2... which means the decay happens not just with time, but more and more as time goes. How do I compensate for that? What if I use a conical coil that's good for wide band signals?
                      Last edited by d3x0r; 05-27-2013, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Overall, I get much lower output using this scheme. I moved the probes closer to the transistor to see what it was actually doing, and I guess it's floating ground on the coil; not sure what makes it switch the signal from one side to the other, but I do know I'm not getting a very good current drive through the transistor... I'm trying to figure out how to put an PNP there instead; but don't know how to invert the TL494 output...

I think that if I get a more proper current that the echos will go away.

Comment

• Update for Cosmic Ray Detector

Here is the latest schematic:

A capacitor has been added to charge the cathode to a negative high potential. This facilitates the tube being able to emit. The capacitor will be in one of two states, either charging (out of the circuit), or running (connected to the cathode):

The HV DC charging source must not be in the tube circuit. The smallest possible capacitance that still allows the tube to fire is desirable. A small capacitance won't have enough stored energy at low voltages however, so high voltage DC is required: 0-10 KV.

Different capacitor values at different voltages need to be tried, experimentation is required. Curves need to be drawn showing the minimum voltage at a given capacitance is required for the tube to trigger:

Comment

• I missed putting in some other pages in the resurfaced material written by Eric, on the LMD vs TEM waves. Here is the rest of the content:
                            (this comes before the material released previously)

Comment

• Please help support my indiegogo campaign: Cosmic Induction Generator

Comment

• I apologize for the poor picture quality, they are scans of photocopies:

Comment

Working...
                                X