X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacitors in Series

Capacitors in Series:
    Interesting to note after the comment of 'smoking', I went and did some reading on the subject at hand as I thought I may have missed something.
    The ARRL book of reference I am using is a 1964 version and on Page 229, covers the subject of 'Ratings of Filter Components' and will appear in any of the Editions under 'Power Supplies' and 'Filters'.
    Mentions here to add a series resistance of 100 Kohm around each of the resistances in the string to act as the bleeder resistor.
    But that is where the dialogue finishes and it is there really only as a safety precaution to ensure the capacitor bleeds off any contained voltage capacity and only AFTER the unit is switched OFF.
    So what is it doing while the circuit is in operation and is that why I make mention of something unusual appearing while the device is working as I don't have them fitted?

I should add to this phenomena that my oil-filled electrolytics - 8uF at 4Kv and normally have 3 in series or parallel - after being charged and impulse discharged so that no capacity remains, will over a period regain some of the lost voltage and continually for some time after repeated discharges.
    What I feel is happening here is that the oil is also becoming an active component of the storage ability of the device and that is where the latent energy is coming from.
    What goads me on here is the device presented by the 'Creative Science & Research' people with their cans rotating in oil producing heat and Robert Hull and his device mentioning that oil will change its characteristics if left out in the Sun for a period before being used in a race car (that wins all the time) so then, what is it that is happening here, perhaps it may be that the oil is an Aetheric collector and I now come back to my Ceramics in series without a bleeder resistor and can see the same phenomena occurring.
    Is this then the reason why we see so many Vacuum Tubes for high power and frequency in transmitters using Ceramics around the working cavity and something there that we don't know about?
    May be that is why I have many of these as they are here more as a curiosity than to be used in a working device and then we have Silver also being used in their construction - we know very little or much is being hidden from our knowledge.
    They say it is there for heat transfer but what else?
    What happened to the Ceramic ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) being built in Japan - it managed to run by itself without fuel - just guessing?

Attempted a power up of the ''Tesla Transformer Pulse Generator' into a Dummy Load used before hooking up to the 'Crystal Set Initiative' and find I have, again, failed to consider the requirements of the 5R4GYB at 750 mA each diode - kicking myself.
    You know you have it all wrong when you are dumping in 100 volts and all you see out is some 40 odd, VA is the problem.

Have an old USA Esterline Angus 'Potential Transformer' here that has 2 x 200VA (est) transformers - put in 240 or 480 volts and you get 120 volts out to power the Chart Recorder - put the two transformers in series and reversed and I think I have an answer.
    2x 480 volts gives me 960 vAC and 1357 vDC after rectification - looks good and the primary insulation resistance should not be compromised by being in series and a choice of using the 2 x 240 v output instead for half the previous volts (679 voltsDC) - perfect!
    These are the things you buy on Ebay that go to the dump if not sold.
    This is a problem area today when using high voltage for vintage Tubes as these transformers are simply not being made and cost a truckload if bought new.
    Now can you see why Eric Dollard bought an old AM Transmitter for his power requirements for use with his 'Cosmic Induction Generator' which I hope we will hear about as it is being constructed.

If anyone can add to the phenomena above about Aetheric capacitors please do so as it is a part of my background research.
    Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• capacitors or as I like to call them condensers are fascinating and still not fully understood.

the series arrangement allows for increased voltage keeping the farad value the same as a single one, however the risk is as noted that you'll need a bleed of resistor to 'balance' the current. looking a bit deeper it's the floating voltage at the series connections that can become a problem, once one cap goes they'll all go in a cascade.

the floating voltage can rise above the rated max working value for the cap, if it does then during discharge it can breakdown the dielectric and fail. the resistor is there to 'balance' the string and try to keep that from happening.

we haven't even touched on resonance and transient effects either. for as simple as the condenser seems it is complex in AC and esp so in pulsed DC operation.

I'd have to go back and read the Colorado notes, I wonder if the condenser wiring is mentioned as to parallel or series?

Comment

• Capacitors in Series

madhatter,
        Thanks for responding and would like to see your interpretations of a new theory when ready - this IS pretty important stuff we are dealing with here.

Thought this may be of assistance as this has been covered before by Eric and some of you that I have seen posting here:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-spring-9.html

Covers the Chris Carson device as well as Eric's PP-18/AR.

Sputins,
        Can we please see some pictures of your new offerings?

arto,
        No go still with both IE and Firefox.
        Can read on line but not save, jpg pictures are there hidden and only appear when clicked on, on a seperate page, Fig 1 to 4 are not there.
        Downloded latest Java and looked at the compatability but all OK so don't know what the problem is.

Smokey

Comment

• this is probably a bit out there, the circulating currents that will meltdown a transformer when out of phase may be relatable to capacitor series connection and discharge.

Parallel connection of transformer windings is permitted in one case only - the windings must have exactly the same voltage output, and must be connected in phase. Different current capacities are not a problem, but it is rare to find a transformer with two windings of the same voltage but different current ratings.

Even a 1V difference between winding voltages will cause big problems. A typical winding resistance for a 5A winding might be 0.25 ohm. Should two such windings be connected in parallel, having a voltage difference of 1V, there will be a circulating current limited only by the resistances of the windings. For our example, the total winding resistance is 0.5 ohm, so a circulating current of 2A will flow between the windings, and this is completely wasted power. The transformer will get unexpectedly hot, and the maximum current available is reduced by the value of the circulating current.

Should the windings be connected out of phase, the circulating current will be possibly 100A or more, until the transformer melts or the fuse blows. The latter is generally to be preferred.

A series connected capacitor 'floats' voltage, on discharge the current can spike due to the spike of voltage rushing to lower potential where the dielectric breakdowns. It's a forming thought at the moment, it's also in the wee AM here, I'll throw this onto the back burner sleep on it and hopefully get some clarity on the other side.

It seems that both phenomena are good examples of the Phi and Psi fundamental fields and counter-space, the floating and circulating current can be time and space displaced....

Comment

• Parallel Transformers

madhatter,
            Many thanks for the response on paralleling transformers as all I received from another Forum was much unfounded criticism.
            I have done some further reading and find what I have is most acceptable and should work without problems.

It was stated that two transformers with the same ratings and from the same manufacturer should be able to be paralleled without problems.
            That is the case with the Esterline Angus having two the same in the same case.
            The label actually states 'Compensated for 10 VA' so am taking that as meaning compatible.
            There is an option for each to have their own rectifer/filter circuits and these are then joined together via diodes without any compatibility requirements.
            However, in use I would be checking temperatures for imbalance and if that occurs will go to the option which is easy to implement.
            Appreciate your assistance.

Smokey

Comment

• Pics.

Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
              Sputins,
              Can we please see some pictures of your new offerings?

Smokey
              Sure if you want to see. My pleasure.

Systron Donner 101C Pulse Generator (20Mhz) with 2050 Thyratron(s), The left Thyratron has an interface, which uses a TC4420. This interface needs further reviewing however. So the pulse generator may save some messing around with that.

I.C.P.S. - Input Choke Power Supply, this was extracted from a dead mass spectrometer. I've only had time to place it on a board with castors so it can be moved about. Next is to clean it up and wire it up. Intend to include input connectors, circuit breaker, output terminals and a saftey housing.

Picture shows the 3.6KVA transformer, (9 inches tall), Rectifer-block, 4.6H Choke @ 30ohms, 30A input filter, choice of either 6uF @ 6kv Capacitor or 30uF @ 5kv Cap.

Sputins.
              Last edited by Sputins; 04-13-2013, 10:52 AM.
              "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Capacitors/Hiddink/Giza

Would like to present this Patent as I am sure it is what TH Moray was also doing in his high Farad capacitors:

Joseph Hiddink: One-Terminal Capacitor -- Articles & USP#4095162

The parallel transformer idea has led me to here and the above concept of Hiddink:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-spring-9.html

The Patent states that the capacitor is a one plate where the body of the device is one plate and the gas is the other, quite an intesesting concept, don't you think?
                Notice that in the bottom drawing that two power supplies are being used in a parallel organisation.
                I have a schematic here for a similar arrangement as it is an option for the parallel transformer idea if that doesn't work as expected.

An Eric P Dollard is also there and makes for interesting reading again. (Arto, Techzombie).

Managed to find all of the 'Overunity.com' articles in one document and shows you how to make your own Super Cap:

Home Made Supercaps

You need to log on here but is free and if you have problems, let me know and will upload into 'n6kph' files.

For some unknown reason I have been collecting Carbon in the form of expired water filters as this was in one of Tesla's documents where he explained that Carbon was the element that opened the door to the 'Warmth Aether'.

Coils CW or CCW?:
                Noticed in Eric's last that he mentioned people winding coils backwards and would like to know what you all think of this.
                He mentions to keep the coil pairs or triples all wound in the same direction but do we also have a Northern/Southern Hemisphere difference here as we do with magnets?

The Giza Power Plant:
                Read this before going to sleep and only get about 5 pages a night.
                Christopher Dunn does an excellent job and we are now into the comparison of the Pyramid and the 'Tesla Magnifying Transmitter' and will pass on some information a little later.

Have not always understood where pi came into the calculations but can now see it clearly - just as pi is the relationship of a circle's radius to its circumference, so too the height of the Pyramid to the total of the four sides at the base.

It is now becoming clear that there are 3 Pyramids at Giza of different sizes and looks like the smallest is the start engine of the power plant and so you progress to the largest Khufu.
                Wondering now if they were in parallel or series?
                Will try and get Jerry Bale's hyperfine Hydrogen frequency Tubes done this week but have been Autumn busy.
                Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• A higher quality video of Eric's lecture from the SFTS in 2007 in now online, thanks to all who got the video and uploaded it.

Origins of Energy Synthesis by Professor Eric Dollard - YouTube
                  Last edited by Aether; 04-18-2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• This is fantastic, well done indeed to all involved. Finally makes the video watchable

I've noticed there is a small chunk missing, where Eric starts to describe the reactive power flow incident at the shipyard, however it's easy enough to watch the missing part:

At 39:34, you need to switch to the other version (with the poor sound quality) and skip to 40:33 on that version.

Watch until 50:08 and then you can switch back to the new version and continue in good quality.

There's nothing suspicious about the missing 10 minutes - on the poorer quality version you can hear the other cameraman saying "lets pause a second whilst I change tape". It's a good job there were two cameras, otherwise we'd have no end of conspiracies going around about what the missing 10 minutes were

Originally posted by Aether View Post
                    A higher quality video of Eric's lecture from the SFTS in 2007 in now online, thanks to all who got the video and uploaded it.

Origins of Energy Synthesis by Professor Eric Dollard - YouTube

Comment

• Sheet Copper Fastening

I've been experimenting with sheet copper fastening techniques, and I am really pleased with the effectiveness of sandwiching the copper between board clamps. I'm using 2-56 nylon bolts, but I would suggest 4-40 or above for higher clamping forces.

Last edited by Geometric_Algebra; 04-19-2013, 04:34 PM. Reason: Low caffeine levels in my nicotene stream.

Comment

• Eric put out a lot of information regarding vacuum tubes and experimental procedures for using the specified tubes. This was information provided due to the fact that Eric had no means of experimentation at that point in time. It has come to pass that a laboratory building has been acquired for Eric and is in the works of becoming functional. If there is anybody out there that has extra tubes or can acquire extra tubes for Eric, that would be truly appreciated. He has requested pairs of each model tube that he has listed on this forum. If somebody can fulfill this request, I can give you a location to ship the items.

@David Dawson,
                        Do you happen to have a list of these tubes available to keep me from having to sift thru old posts?

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Web000x View Post
                          Eric put out a lot of information regarding vacuum tubes and experimental procedures for using the specified tubes. This was information provided due to the fact that Eric had no means of experimentation at that point in time. It has come to pass that a laboratory building has been acquired for Eric and is in the works of becoming functional. If there is anybody out there that has extra tubes or can acquire extra tubes for Eric, that would be truly appreciated. He has requested pairs of each model tube that he has listed on this forum. If somebody can fulfill this request, I can give you a location to ship the items.

@David Dawson,
                          Do you happen to have a list of these tubes available to keep me from having to sift thru old posts?

Thanks,

Dave
                          Per the schematics here's a list, there may be more within posts but will require review.
                          0A4G
                          930 Phototube
                          2c22/7193
                          5R4GGYB

given the cost of tubes and scarcity of some may I suggest an open list so that those who may have spares or are willing to invest know which to source and also so as not to have to many of a single one.

I have I think about 7 2c22 aka 7193 I can spare 2, mine are NOS army navy spares.

Comment

• Geo's Build.

Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post
                            I've been experimenting with sheet copper fastening techniques, and I am really pleased with the effectiveness of sandwiching the copper between board clamps. I'm using 2-56 nylon bolts, but I would suggest 4-40 or above for higher clamping forces.

Geometric Algebra.

Wonderful build Sir, even providing the CAD drawings and dimensions! Is the main fame-form for the coils made via a CNC machine? What frequency did you design it around again? It looks like its in the 1100 - 1300K Cps range? - Anyway I'm sure everyone would agree, thanks for sharing!

I have scrapped my previous frame and build, now re-engineering for 2M cps, in CIG format, or the CRI back-to-back. Frame is built, secondaries co-axial wire about to wind along with the extra coil(s) (Photos will come). The Primary coil however I am yet to construct. (As Cu strip, sheeting is $$). I may just have use cable or piping in the meantime. Your build has given me some tips with the strip copper primary when I get to that part. Domestic reasons again slow my progress but I press forward when I get the chance.

Sputins.
                            "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                              Geometric Algebra.

Wonderful build Sir, even providing the CAD drawings and dimensions! Is the main fame-form for the coils made via a CNC machine? What frequency did you design it around again? It looks like its in the 1100 - 1300K Cps range? - Anyway I'm sure everyone would agree, thanks for sharing!

I have scrapped my previous frame and build, now re-engineering for 2M cps, in CIG format, or the CRI back-to-back. Frame is built, secondaries co-axial wire about to wind along with the extra coil(s) (Photos will come). The Primary coil however I am yet to construct. (As Cu strip, sheeting is $$). I may just have use cable or piping in the meantime. Your build has given me some tips with the strip copper primary when I get to that part. Domestic reasons again slow my progress but I press forward when I get the chance.

Sputins.
                              Thanks. Just sharing my mechanical techniques as I go along and injecting my take on what has been gleaned from the thread. This is the same system I have been hacking on in my spare time for about a year now. It's designed around 1000kcps from the original concepts posted by Eric. Once I acquire a 2050 thyratron, I'm going to let the magical smoke out (hopefully not in the secondary).

Yes a CNC is being used for some of the parts. I'm using a fireball v90 that was given to me by the former slavemaster. You don't need CNC capabalities to make this stuff though. Just some basic metal and wood working tools and the skill to use them, and access to a decent system of dumpsters are the only requirements. If you have access to a hacker/maker laboratory then you should be set on tooling.

For those that are interested in my CNC process: I use Varicad for the CAD work, then project a part to a 2-d dxf file, then the dxf is passed into Eagle CAD using a dxf conversion ulp, then Eagle produces the G-CODE using pcb-gcode ulp, and then the g-code is eaten by the V-90. What a pain in the arse. The results are pretty though.

Yes. Plan on scrapping the first few builds and long periods of deep dark depression.

Any familiarity with the 3D printer technology (for instance RepRapPro Huxely)? I wish I had such a machine for some of the parts on this project. Push the CAD STL's out to the printer and then drink a cup of coffee while a part is being made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post
                                Thanks. Just sharing my mechanical techniques as I go along and injecting my take on what has been gleaned from the thread. This is the same system I have been hacking on in my spare time for about a year now. It's designed around 1000kcps from the original concepts posted by Eric. Once I acquire a 2050 thyratron, I'm going to let the magical smoke out (hopefully not in the secondary).

Yes a CNC is being used for some of the parts. I'm using a fireball v90 that was given to me by the former slavemaster. You don't need CNC capabalities to make this stuff though. Just some basic metal and wood working tools and the skill to use them, and access to a decent system of dumpsters are the only requirements. If you have access to a hacker/maker laboratory then you should be set on tooling.

For those that are interested in my CNC process: I use Varicad for the CAD work, then project a part to a 2-d dxf file, then the dxf is passed into Eagle CAD using a dxf conversion ulp, then Eagle produces the G-CODE using pcb-gcode ulp, and then the g-code is eaten by the V-90. What a pain in the arse. The results are pretty though.

Yes. Plan on scrapping the first few builds and long periods of deep dark depression.

Any familiarity with the 3D printer technology (for instance RepRapPro Huxely)? I wish I had such a machine for some of the parts on this project. Push the CAD STL's out to the printer and then drink a cup of coffee while a part is being made.
                                My everyday business is designing and fabricating for various other industries, as such I utilize 3D printing. for the consumer at home there is a couple options, one decent and not to expensive is shapeways. I don't bother with master-cam anymore, just send the files to the subsequent shop and they handle the rest.
                                for these R&D builds its faster and easier and cheaper to fabricate at home and when the rough prototype is working better then step it up to a machined part.

Shapeways has an interesting feature, once model is put into the site it can be shared publicly, others then can purchase as needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X