X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supplies

madhatter,
    Good to hear you had success on Ebay as that is where most of my vintage has come from.

Here are some starters for Tubes:
    This is a good one for experimenters as he gives some base power supplies but goes into a Tube fully with explanations.

Types of Vacuum Tubes

RCA material here:

electron Tube Data sheets - RCA Documents

http://frank.yueksel.org/other/RCA/R...tification.pdf

and this is the entire RCA Radiotron Designer's Handbook for 1952:

electron Tube Data sheets - RCA - Radiotron Designer's Handbook - 4th Edition - 1952

RCA were particularly good with schematic material as each volume contained many after the Tube detail.

RCA Transmitting Tubes Manual TT-4:
    Mainly Finals and oscillators and a good Bias supply.

http://www.smcelectronics.com/DOWNLO...E%20MANUAL.PDF

This is only a small representation of what's available and will upload the ARRL detail to 'n6kph'.
    Strongly suggest the ARRL books as reference material as they cover all facets of Tube uses.

Smokey

Comment

• Thanks Smokey, I have most of those references and have read thru them at least once. I'm now going thru Stills principles of transformer design & the 1955 Ruben Lee transformers &circuits book, doing the calcs and noting what may be useful. Lee's book is interesting in the term for the inductor coil as a reactor and notes the interplay of it to the transformer and load. it's heavy on calcs and make mention that in reality its not possible to cover it all. Ruben Lee was the advisory engineer for Westinghouse.

I have to bounce around on books, MIT radiation lab series, transformers & tube data. keep trying to get to the big book -langford smith- again.

I also have an unknown TAMRADIO transformer, about 2lbs and has a 7:1 ratio. the gauge is far to small for filiment power so it's most likely a step up.
      the thordarson is a big unit at ~7lbs. the rubber isolation grommets are no good, need to replace them. the rest is in excellent condition.

Comment

• I wonder if I might ask you David and Madhatter, where you imagine all of this tube work might lead ?

I'm sure you realise I am not some spy or shill, and thus I wonder where you could be aiming for, because tubes used outside of their designed-for limits cannot last long, and thus any gains will prove highly expensive and not viable.

Forget conceptual ideas about fundamental particle for a moment and look at past evidence; for example, heater/ cathode surfaces have been degraded or poisoned, or the vacuum within a tube atomically degraded due to additional avalanche electron release from anodes.
        Even a plasma will be degraded if it is induced to generate more energy than is provided because that extra energy comes from a changing of the matter of the gas within the sealed envelope, this too leading to poisoning and failure.

So yes, using non-fission-fusion nuclear related electro-magnetic resonance makes a gain of additional energy due to a related elemental change of matter, but when that occurs within a sealed envelope, the limited lifetime of original source material leads to very great expense, unless something like thorium is used, which governments have given themselves the right to deem illegal at anything beyond 2% concentration.

Cheers ....... Graham.

Comment

• Originally posted by GSM View Post
          I wonder if I might ask you David and Madhatter, where you imagine all of this tube work might lead ?
          excellent question, from the standpoint of Erics work I'm not entirely sure. I do want to try and keep as close a possible to the underling theme of exploiting the electric field with as little conjugate magnetic field paring as possible.
          As to my own research, all existing tubes have an already designed purpose and would not be of use. it requires vacuum chambers & custom tubes.

Originally posted by GSM View Post
          I'm sure you realise I am not some spy or shill, and thus I wonder where you could be aiming for, because tubes used outside of their designed-for limits cannot last long, and thus any gains will prove highly expensive and not viable.

Forget conceptual ideas about fundamental particle for a moment and look at past evidence; for example, heater/ cathode surfaces have been degraded or poisoned, or the vacuum within a tube atomically degraded due to additional avalanche electron release from anodes.
          Even a plasma will be degraded if it is induced to generate more energy than is provided because that extra energy comes from a changing of the matter of the gas within the sealed envelope, this too leading to poisoning and failure.

So yes, using non-fission-fusion nuclear related electro-magnetic resonance makes a gain of additional energy due to a related elemental change of matter, but when that occurs within a sealed envelope, the limited lifetime of original source material leads to very great expense, unless something like thorium is used, which governments have given themselves the right to deem illegal at anything beyond 2% concentration.

Cheers ....... Graham.
          Thorium and thorite crystal is very abundant around the world, currently being investigated for use in reactor design. naturally radioactive, however requires chemical or neutrino bombardment processes to transmutate to U-233 which is a fissile material.

Not sure about the 2% limit as pure material is procurable -difficult, yes but given the abundance of it globally, not that hard to acquire if one wanted to. tungsten arc welding rod has max 2% content. remember the old gas lamps, the little net bags where thorium coated. and of course the numerous tubes using thorium coated tungsten.

I would not recommend driving a tube beyond it's designed limits, though the amp guys like doing it the use of tubes here is simply to avoid solid state devices as they are fundamentally different in operation and the goal here is to exploit the electric field as much as possible. tubes get into the 4th state of matter that is well worth exploring.

Comment

• Tesla, Moray, Farnsworth & Dollard

Hello Graham,
            Good question.
            However, apart from working Eric's Tube diagrams to suit particular needs, I am into 'cold cathodes' (CCs) and not thermionics and basically following the paths of Tesla, Farnsworth and particularly Moray.
            Eric is showing us a good deal about Thyratrons and CCs and I am eagerly lapping all of that up as it suits my direction.
            The idea is to make available 'Radiant Energy' in some of its many forms and use that initial energy to amplify through using oscillators, detectors and amplifiers as did Moray.
            His series line was some 29 units long without finally using an aerial and my goal is to try and discover what he was doing with the Tubes.

Particular study from the 'Radio Broadcast' magazines in the 20s is showing me where he would be getting not only his ideas but also the bits off the shelf to help him achieve his results.
            This is why I bought the 24As for their 'negative resistance' appeal and I have had many instances of 'one-wire' and 'cold electricity' flowing here that I feel I am on the right track.
            Eric's CSI to me is also 'cold' and I feel this energy by sensing as it also exhibits a sense of euphoria and I take it that this is the Longitudinal wave at work - one that is in synch and not opposing.
            This is probably why it is also classed as being a healthy wave as the fields are aiding and not opposing.

Sensing to me is important and it gets into the mystical as you require about 10 meters of wire for a coil but you don't measure it, you simply slide your sidecutters along till you reach a resonant point within yourself and then you cut - easy isn't it - no Math?
            I can lay a quartz, amethyst and blood stone in my palm and by moving the other palm over the top, can feel the stones moving, the energy radiated by this arrangement is huge but have yet to find a means of containing what is felt.
            I also do dowsing and have the Hartmann and Curry lines and also a vortex mapped on my property.
            If I need to know I am radiating as I did with a Slim Sperling Longitudinal experiment, I simply take the dowsing rods and go for a walk and bingo - again - that simple.
            Fun stuff!

One of Moray's pictures I have here of one of his boxes is simply 3 variable condensers with attached angular tube coils with no Tubes visible and reason that this is what he is doing by amplifying from one stage to the next.
            What amazes me the most today is that nobody is attempting replicating Moray and it is the fear of Vacuum Tubes that is the problem, high frequency and high voltage, things that people today fear as they have been mothered out of this hands-on approach by this lack of substance world we live in today and is easier to just hide behind a computer keyboard and sell your soul on Facebook.

I admire people we have here as they are all making an effort with replicating Eric's devices but also learning about this rather huge Vacuum Tube subject that has been engineered away from 'Energy Synthesis' into something totally opposite with a money base and you can see this at work and developing in the 'Radio Broadcast' magazines.

Wonder if the 3 coil design was Tesla's and will go back and check deeper as Eric is saying that a TMT connected to a Moray device would do wonders.
            Coils placed at an angle and able to be rotated as well as Vario-coupling types (coils rotating within coils) were very much used here as well as basketweave, bird's-nest and many other types all with a particular characteristic in mind.
            Many articles on how to wind these fascinating coils as well.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity and appreciate the question being asked.
            Much to do with bringing back the 'electrical experimenter' and what the boys of today are missing out on and Eric would be agreeing with this statement.
            Have you ever wondered why boys are slipping behind girls in the education race for highest marks?
            There's more to this but enough for now.
            Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• Inductance Calculation

Wow, I've read A LOT of papers on inductance today! And I thought I would share some of the highlights and references that I found to be very interesting.

Notably, I've realize that a coil contains more mutual inductance than you would at first think! Also, it seems that the mutual flux is nearly the most important thing to calculate for when attempting to determine overall inductance.

That is, the flux of one small segment of a single turn cutting another segment of the same turn can actually reduce the inductance (depends upon the angle of interaction, distance and geometry) conversely that same minute amount of flux (from a small segment of turn) cutting a parallel segment of a separate turn can increase the overall inductance. This is due to the overall voltage produced by the coil, which is increased by the aiding flux of parallel turns and reduced by the opposing flux of a single turn cutting different regions of itself.

Thus we can now generally state:

1) The wider the coil (larger turn diameter) the less opposing mutual inductance each turn sees, as the counter currents are further away from each other.

2) The closer multiple turns are to each other (less distance between them, along the length or height) the greater the aiding mutual inductance, as the currents moving in the same direction are closer together.

3) The inductance of a straight wire can be reduced(!) or increased if coiled, depending upon the overall geometry. (And this is NOT due to capacitance!)

An interesting part of overall inductance is the internal inductance of the wire. That is, the flux that is contained inside the wire and not outside of it, this topic is almost never brought into conversation! It is this part of inductance that changes with frequency, as the conducting region reduces as eddy currents increase due to the skin effect. Thus, inductance of a wire reduces with an increase in frequency. Further, although I might be wrong on this, this internal inductance might be what contributes to the majority of leakage inductance of transformers, and a reason why you can't practically have a coupling coefficient of 1. (I should mention, that as frequency increases, the distributed capacitive reactance decreases reducing effective inductance further.)

References:

Weaver, Robert - Numerical Methods for Inductance Calculation

(amazing website filled with great information on inductance)

Weaver, Robert - The Inductance of a Helix of Any Pitch
              (an article worth reading when building a Tesla transformer, as this provides a more accurate way to design the coils)

David Knight - Inductors and Transformers
              (another amazing website filled with lots of reference literature)

Regards,
              Garrett M

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
              P.S. Rant/Notes,

All this makes me want to clarify the usage of L & M. An inductor in parallel as opposed to series should NOT be stated as "M" but really in the form of L^-1. This is because of flux coupling... which, I feel M should only be related to and not the parallel or series implementation of an element. For the orientation notation, the usage of [^-1] works out great for clarity and doesn't imply any flux coupling, although subscripts, like p & s for series and parallel, work as well.

Self-inductance, ironically, can only really relate to a straight wire who's flux does not interact with any outside entities. Since this is generally impossible, mutual inductance plays a large role in the apparent value of all self-inductances. That said "self-inductances" are usually treated as lumped elements that don't couple to other lumped elements, despite the inevitable internal mutual coupling of the lumped element. For lumped elements, a "macro" / "micro" view of coupling is what determines its effective state. I.e., micro coupling internally for the lumped element doesn't need to be taken into account (aside from "oscillating coils"), macro interaction between two lumped elements is what you would normally call "mutual inductance".

Examples of distributed mutual inductance; 1) Two parallel straight wires carrying currents in opposite directions reduce each others inductance due to an opposing mutual inductance between the two (fields push on one another). 2) If the currents are moving in unison, then an aiding mutual inductance exists between the two wires (fields merge/join together). (These conditions are directly related to the angle of the flux interaction.)
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Last edited by garrettm4; 12-30-2012, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madhatter View Post

Thorium and thorite crystal is very abundant around the world, currently being investigated for use in reactor design. naturally radioactive, however requires chemical or neutrino bombardment processes to transmutate to U-233 which is a fissile material.
                Does it ? As long as we believe that we are pissing into the 'scientists' wind !

What about induced NMR, and simultaneous phonon (sonic) lattice excitation with localised electron axis precession = flip wrt an overall induced field, as the Egyptians did to surface their granite blocks and statues ?
                Anyone ever wondered yet how the T1+2+7 etc. became dust ?

Did not Paul Brown show us how to use thorium ?

A tube with directly heated thorium-tungsten filament will generate more energy that it consumes if it is run in reverse such that electrons impact the filament, but these tubes are not manufactured today, and transmitter thoriated cathode types are not only expensive, but I believe have unsuitable metal anodes.

Besides, suppose the Thorium might be useful to energise safe material such as iron, tin etc into atomic change and safe energy release.
                They ban Mercury because it is a poison (as if the authorities really care about that) or because it can be EM/ NMR induced to convert to gold ?

Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post

The idea is to make available 'Radiant Energy' in some of its many forms and use that initial energy to amplify through using oscillators, detectors and amplifiers as did Moray.
                His series line was some 29 units long without finally using an aerial and my goal is to try and discover what he was doing with the Tubes.

I have had many instances of 'one-wire' and 'cold electricity' flowing here that I feel I am on the right track.
                Eric's CSI to me is also 'cold' and I feel this energy by sensing as it also exhibits a sense of euphoria and I take it that this is the Longitudinal wave at work - one that is in synch and not opposing.

In Moray's last lecture he made it quite clear (to me) that the energy of the Cosmos comes from within the atom and not from afar.

Moray used what was termed Swedish Stone as his Radiant Energy source, which some have described as an EM activatable semiconductor material set in low melting point metal as they did to make early conductive crystal mounts for early receivers.

I think it likely that his 3 coil setup was little more than a fully adjustable regenerative arrangement, this to excite 'Radiant' energy release from his 'crystal' substance, the knowledge of which died with him, because more clearly was/ is still not legally obtainable.

Cold - that is a human observation.
                A high voltage ionises air, and draws towards that source the air molecules necessary to neutralise the ionisation. This is what we feel - the draught of the ionised air molecules as they move in order to transfer charge.

Longitudinal wave, just a different photon axis of energisation and eventual radiative excitation, and takes as much energy to radiate as can ever be transduced from it, so no secret energy source there, unless the longitudinal excitation can be used in relation to the atomic excitation (or total destruction) of matter.

Originally posted by garrettm4 View Post

That is, the flux of one small segment of a single turn cutting another segment of the same turn can actually reduce the inductance (depends upon the angle of interaction, distance and geometry) conversely that same minute amount of flux (from a small segment of turn) cutting a parallel segment of a separate turn can increase the overall inductance. This is due to the overall voltage produced by the coil, which is increased by the aiding flux of parallel turns and reduced by the opposing flux of a single turn cutting different regions of itself.

Thus we can now generally state:

1) The wider the coil (larger turn diameter) the less opposing mutual inductance each turn sees, as the counter currents are further away from each other.

2) The closer multiple turns are to each other (less distance between them, along the length or height) the greater the aiding mutual inductance, as the currents moving in the same direction are closer together.

3) The inductance of a straight wire can be reduced(!) or increased if coiled, depending upon the overall geometry. (And this is NOT due to capacitance!)

An interesting part of overall inductance is the internal inductance of the wire. That is, the flux that is contained inside the wire and not outside of it, this topic is almost never brought into conversation! It is this part of inductance that changes with frequency, as the conducting region reduces as eddy currents increase due to the skin effect. Thus, inductance of a wire reduces with an increase in frequency. Further, although I might be wrong on this, this internal inductance might be what contributes to the majority of leakage inductance of transformers, and a reason why you can't practically have a coupling coefficient of 1. (I should mention, that as frequency increases, the distributed capacitive reactance decreases reducing effective inductance further.)
                Yes, and this is why I mentioned my 'W' cross section winding having many turns of fine enamelled (not Litz) wire, with the W points flattened, and the end turns of the W folded back slightly towards the centre.

As a quality inductance air core winding this was most successful, but is an air core winding what we are really looking for in relation to 'energy' relationships ?

A coil alone is a closed circuit, even mutually coupled coils, and closed circuits cannot generate additional energy unless some form of nuclear change is induced, or an additional permanent free magnetic field or free voltage field can be caused to be oscillate with COP>1.

Cheers ...... Graham.
                Last edited by GSM; 12-30-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• You all keep the fires burning on the old tube systems. I am a tube lover as well. If you all have never been there, try this one too.
                  Technical books online

Has a wealth of old books in pdf format for d/l. Might find some you do not have.

thay

Comment

• Disributed Constants of "Free" / Oscillating Coils

Graham,

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at. I'm not referring to ANYTHING other than academic calculations for inductance, also, litz wire only reduces the drop of inductance and lessens the AC-resistance to a certain extent (which is limited as litz eventually becomes impractical at increasing frequencies), thus increasing Q. Further I'm not stating anything related to "free-energy", my intended point was to help people actually build a coil at a specific frequency for "quadra-polar resonance" (QPR) or "double resonance", whichever you prefer. Which happens when both the reactances, K & L, are equal and the susceptances, M & C, are equal. Note that LK & MC don't have to have the same values, but instead the same resonant frequency. This idea is counter intuitive to standard design, as no one ever treats the mutual effects as separate entities. Instead they are summed up with the lumped values and given as simply "capacitance" or "inductance".

Whereby,

C = the self-capacitance of the coil (to ground). I.e., the section of dielectric or electrostatic flux that doesn't couple to or aid/oppose any other flux. Which relates to multiple metallic surfaces, if there are only two isolated surfaces you have just self-capacitance, if you have three or more, then you will have both self and mutual capacitance. Whereby the flux bound between two surfaces is the self-capacitance, and the flux connecting multiple but isolated surfaces in series or parallel is the mutual flux.

K = the mutual-capacitance of the coil (inter-turn capacitance). I.e., the section of dielectric or electrostatic flux that couples to other discrete fluxes via multiple separate metallic surfaces (i.e. individual turns). (this topic gets a lot more complicated to describe outside of coil structures)

L = the self-inductance of the whole wire, which gets complicated as the value is partially determined by frequency due to skin effect and geometry for the current sheet calculations. BUT, it can simply be stated as the "straight" wire inductance. Alternatively, it can be stated as the flux that does not couple to aid or oppose any other flux.

M = the mutual-inductance of a single turn and subsequent inter-turn relationships, which ramps up in complexity as more turns are added, along with overall geometry taken into account. But it can be said to be both the opposing flux seen by a single turn upon it's-self along with the counter currents of other turns and finally the aiding flux of separate turns with currents in unison.

As can be seen, it all comes down to flux interaction. If a portion of flux does not couple with a separate field of the same turn or a separate turn, then it is a "self" value. If a portion of flux aids or opposes the discrete flux of the same turn or a separate turn, then it is a mutual value. If you sum the effects of the self and mutual interactions, you get very interesting results for the total value of inductance or capacitance. That is, you can have more or less macro values due to the micro interactions of the element. Which restating my earlier post, a coil can be wound to have LESS inductance than a straight wire, and this IS NOT due to "non-inductive winding methods"! And NOT due to capacitance, it has to do with geometry which relates to the flux interaction of the whole assembly.

The key point of all this, is that shape can deterministically derive the correct conditions for QPR, thus simplifying and elucidating the building process (removing the "what if's" and uncertainties). Snow's inductance expression for a helix is useful to derive the correct mutual inductance, the self inductance can be calculated as that of a straight wire of the same length and diameter, the capacitance values need to be looked into, I haven't had that much time to delve into that problem yet. Further, you need to determine whether you can use the straight wire inductance or a modified form taking the mutual inductance into account (the full Snow helix expression for inductance) when using the QPR calculation. This is where I'm at in my study, I need to finish getting the outline calculations done, then build a coil to it, and see the resonant points. This will solve the last problem, and most likely introduce new ones as well. I should state, that the macro or lumped values are not what we are after, its the distributed "per unit length" values that matter for an oscillating coil. However, I'll end here, as I'm burned out on the whole subject at the moment.

"The point of all this was to see what happens when we take a fixed length of wire, and a coil form of a given diameter which is at least as long as the wire, so that a coil may be wound of any pitch (varying from 0 to ∞ as ψ varies from 0 to 90°), and we can see how the inductance varies with pitch. For an example, a conductor of length 5 meters, and diameter of 1 mm will be used, and coil diameter is fixed at 25 mm. The following graph shows the results:

The blue line is the inductance. As the pitch angle increases, the inductance drops off and then rises again, reaching the straight conductor inductance value (red dashed line), as it should, when ψ=90°. The violet line indicates how the number of turns of the coil decreases as ψ increases, reaching exactly zero when ψ=90°.
                    "

References:

R Weaver -The Helical Formula, and Coils of Large Pitch

R Weaver - The Inductance of a Helix of Any Pitch

C Snow - Formula for the inductance of a helix made with wire of any section

C Snow - A simplified Precision Formula for the Inductance of a Helix

Regards,
                    Garrett M
                    Last edited by garrettm4; 12-30-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by level

Power input measurements at the primary on the first coil:
                      Vrms = 13.5V
                      Irms = 0.039A
                      Apparent Power = 13.5V x 0.039A = 526.5 mW
                      Real Power = cos(85) x 526.5mW = 0.0872 x 526.5 mW = 45.9 mW
                      The REAL POWER is that necessary for your SOURCE to maintain VOLTAGE output with the phase shifted CURRENT load *IT* is driving; ie. to create the low Z output essential for your experiment.
                      The output stage of your generator will be drawing near maximum current when its voltage output is near zero.

Cheers ......... Graham.

Comment

• Latest low power experiment, transmission of signal and "self-powering" receiver. It's possible to get a louder signal via tuning the receiver but not without distortion, and I'm not sure what causes the distortion yet, whether tuning or the components. The signal is fed through two transformers for a higher voltage to drive the output speaker. Through this experiment I believe I've also discovered how to bias the air vs ground transmission.

Tesla Wireless Transmission Of Signal And Power Through Bucket - YouTube

Also from the archives

Last edited by dR-Green; 01-01-2013, 01:32 AM.
                        http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Pfn

OK back to the details, going over the info and recalling from memory. there are two thyratron tubes that have the same numbers but transposed, they are the 3C45 & the 4C35, same type of operation, vastly different operating specs.
                          the 3C45 isn't to hard to acquire about ~$25 each. the 4C35 is a rare find and can be all over the place on cost, little as $20 and highs in the $400's!

what are the differences? the 3C45 P forward 3kv, inverse after pulse 500 and the Anode current is 35amp. the 4C35 P forward/inverse 8kv and current 90amp. The 4C35 was designed for rectangular pulse form as per the specs, I can't find such notation for the 3C45 not that it couldn't I suppose but that is going to be also a function of how it's driven.

I seem to recall Eric mentioning the 3C45, if it's the 4C35 that is better suited then that's going to be a PITA to collect enough of if you loose/damage one.

pouring over more tube data I found a few tubes that would probably work for rectifying the voltage for the PFN but once again, $$$$, need to do more digging. one issue is that tube amps are quite popular and as that sector has run out of the tubes that were normally spec'd they have branched out for bigger and badder, driving up cost and reducing the supply. military surplus is another great resource when it shows up, notably Turkey seems to have a lot of that US army/navy surplus ??

keeping everything analog is looking to be expensive and difficult!

BTW...Happy New Year stay safe!..

Comment

• Thyratrons

madhatter,

The 4C35 is also a GE GL529 @ 8Kv which I have here and also a 5C22 @16Kv.
                            In some instances a Thyratron may be used as a Rectifier in Power Supply circuits and must therefore apply that some Rs may make good Ts.
                            I am now in my 4th year of collecting what I thought I may need but they are the only two biguns I could manage and as you say are becoming scarce and costly.

There are lots of old TV regulator Tubes with high voltage use up to 27Kv like 6BK4 and the smaller Rectifiers 1B3 at 26Kv and 1S2 22Kv that have a similar volt rating.
                            A 6BK4C is rated to 36Kv and these are really high voltage, low current regulators and are short cut-off (SCO) Beam Triodes which may be worth experiment and will come cheaply as they are now NLR for TVs.
                            The SCO quality may make these ideal for pulsing.
                            Surplus Nebraska has them for $8.50 or $4Used/$7NOS here:

Search | Antique Electronic Supply LLC

Have used AES in the past and excellent to deal with - 3C45 $19 & 4C35 $105 - not able to comment on the particular suitability of these candidates.
                            They have run out of 24As!
                            We are not pulsing at Radar rates and these examples may be worthy candidates.
                            A 635 is a Gas & Mercury Rectifier but is also listed as a Thyratron.

An RCA 715A ($275) may also make a good candidate and good for 15Kv with Gold grids on offer - I have one and is called a Pulse Amplifier Tetrode but I am now boasting - Nebraska Sales have ample and will continue to do so at that price but it's the Gold there that very few know about.

15E and 327A are both ex Radar and UHF Pulse candidates and still available.

Eric posted a reference to ARRL 1949 on the old site at page 22 to 'Distributed Line Vacuum Tubes' using 6C4, 6V6GT and a pair of 2C22s which I now have a good supply of.
                            Think this may have been meant as an example Pulse line for us to follow but this would then feed the Thyratron.

Could go on forever on this subject as it has been to the fore now for some 4 years and only just now seeing the heaters glowing but then that's not what I want as I want everything running cool so you can see the quandary I am in.

Hope this helps but would be trying to keep the cost down with the 6BK4As but then what are you actually attempting to do or what level are you working at?
                            Are we driving a CSI?

Smokey

Comment

• Improvements have been made on the receiving end, the transmitting side remains unchanged from the previous video, same amount of power etc.

Tesla Wireless Transmission Of Power And Signal - Improvements-01 - YouTube
                              http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• 2013, here we go.

Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                                Improvements have been made on the receiving end, the transmitting side remains unchanged from the previous video, same amount of power etc.

Tesla Wireless Transmission Of Power And Signal - Improvements-01 - YouTube
                                Happy New Year indeed! - To all of the regulars on the Eric Dollard channel!

@ Madhatter & Smokey. - Thanks for the recent links on tubes & supply transformers. My own 2050 Thyratron project is slowly coming together.

@dR Green. Lovely work in the latest videos! - related questions to follow.

Could you help?! - I have recently recieved the signal generator that you showed us, that you use.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d�r

I have just opened it to have a look at it. However I have unfortunatley found that the mini 225Mb CD-R that comes with it has been rendered useless, as circuit board has punched holes in the CD cover through to the CD and it has scratched the hell out of it, making it unreadable to my PC.

What is exactly on this mini CD? I imagine it's the USB drivers, complimentary software and perhaps a user manual or similar? Whould it be possible for you to send me the files from your mini CD? This will save me the trouble of going through ebay and trying to organise a replacment etc. Are the files small enough to email them to me? I would greatly appreciate it if you could help! Please let me know.
                                Last edited by Sputins; 01-03-2013, 03:53 AM.
                                "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

Working...
                                X